[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Thanksgiving - Al/ck/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 261
Thread images: 37

File: alckoolic.jpg (155KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
alckoolic.jpg
155KB, 424x283px
Post your feels, your progresses, your failures.
How was the turkey?
Are you feeling alone in holidays time?
>>
these threads need to be banned
>>
>>7126029
I went to my first AA meeting last Friday. It was fucked up. So many broken people. But A kid my age spoke and said things that I'm actually living.
A tad too religious for my Atheist self.
I went to see the doctor today and got some Ativan for this week withdrawal.
I'm giving it a big chance this time!
>>
>>7126030
Anon, you're full of stress and denial. Please tell us sbout your feelings today. Did you tanked a bottle of Jack?
>>
>>7126030
Or you could just hide and not post in the threads that don't interest you.
>>
>>7126042
Good for you, anon. Keep with it. Find support. Alcoholism can be hell. Best of luck.
>>
File: beer_49297.jpg (50KB, 250x829px) Image search: [Google]
beer_49297.jpg
50KB, 250x829px
>>7126029
Anyone is working the steps? Is it worth it?
>>
>>7126029
OP of a previous such thread offering a bump.

>>7126030
To make room for one more Big Mac thread? Or one more tendies thread? I can't tell which type actually advances the cause of humanity in the context of food and cooking more.

>>7126042
You don't need to think of it as sectarian. Your higher power could be the weather if you want. It can be anything bigger than you. I remember a guy whose higher power was a beat up old power yacht named Gas Chamber. He had 12 years in when I met him.
>>
Haven't had a drink in nearly a month (5 days short of a month).
The first week was hell.
The second week was easy.
The third week was a mix of easy and very difficult (Had to go to a concert and not drink, which I haven't done since I was...in high school, which was a long time ago).
I really feel like I can beat this. But goddamn, it takes a lot of fucking willpower and inner strength. Sometimes more than I can bear, and then those are the few times when I've actually broken down and cried.
>>
File: Snuggie-marketing.jpg (131KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Snuggie-marketing.jpg
131KB, 500x500px
>>7128864
A 30-yo guy talked in the meetings how scared he was of going out of his home.
This is so true in the 2-4 weeks after detox.
You never know if you'll be able to fight the triggers and go buy yourself a big bottle of the brown stuff.
Here is a blanket anon.
>>
>>7128914
Yeah...the days when I can just stay home are much easier for me. I can putter around the house and find things to keep me busy or relax and there's no alcohol to temp me. I don't want to wind up a shut in, though. So, I make myself go out and do things, but that when it gets very, very, VERY hard.
And thanks for the blanket, I need to snuggle, lol.
>>
Too many leftovers and roommates keep buying fast food or cooking something new. NO one is touching the leftovers and everyone threw a hissy fit when I started throwing out leftover Turkey, Ham and whatever leftovers we had. I don't want to be the only guy eating Thanksgiving leftovers. if it's all going to be spoiled or shit, I just thought there was no reason not to toss out the leftovers.
>>
I've been sober 2 weeks. I just trimmed a bunch of artichokes down the the heart plus a little stem. There was so much waste it made me want to drink. My brain wants to find literally any excuse to go buy some whiskey. If I stub my toe I'll probably relapse at this point.
>>
>>7129039
Stay strong and sweat it out anon.
When you feel the urge think about something else for 10 seconds. Breathe deeply. It helps.
>>
I'm a good bf a good employee, I'm easy going and I make great money but I get so much shit for drinking. Idk what to do
>>
been drinking every night since I got back from college for thanksgiving last wednesday. I'm not drinking during the day but god, that withdrawl anxiety is the worst
>>
>>7129310
Say I quit
Go to an AA meeting, so youll see people who fucked up more than you did
Go see a doctor, chances are there are countless ressources in your community for addictions and he can give you pills to ease the withdrawal.
I used to be a perfect kid, with a good job, had all the girls I could wish for,greatly appreciated by my familly and friends. Fast forward 5 years, I'm at my last dime, I havn'T worked in 2 years, have built up a solid debt, I'm drinking 3/4 of a 750 ml of hard liquor everyday, alone, watching movies and playing flash games. I lost my friends, lost my job, lost any possibilities of having a gf. All this by my fault, by being controlled by alcohol.
I had a time where I'd empty 7 beers in may car cruising around the city and the countryside. Got caught 3hours from home at the border for open container. I'm lucky I clocked 0,07 at the Vermont Ranger police station. Later local police caught me passed out on my steering wheel, motor running, feet on the gas in a strip club parking. LLuck was on my side they let me walked out of this one because of my good guy look.
>>
>>7129313
Go see a doctor, he can prescribe you pills thatgreatly reduce the anxiety, the shakes of the detoxification.
I'm on them now and it really helps.
>>
File: 770YKLk.gif (498KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
770YKLk.gif
498KB, 480x300px
>worked all day at a diner
>literally all day 11-11
>made 170 dollars
>everyone liked the cookies I brought in
>went home after 11
>sit on bed
>now what
>>
>>7129713
Drink until you pass out, get up tomorrow and do it all over again.
>>
>>7129736
No that was on Thanksgiving
>>
>>7129739
No reason you can't do it on other days too.
>>
>>7129739
>doesn't involve al/ck/ohol into daily sleep wake routine

>doesn't know "drink" is the universal answer to all "what" questions

>lookin at you, normie
>>
>>7126029

Sober since October 2014. Feels good man.
I did not have turkey. I made some chicken, it was fine.
Not really, I don't tend to feel bad about being alone.

Also, seconding >>7129352 for people trying to quit. A good Doctor can work miracles. Don't give up if you get a shitty doctor. I first found a really shitty doctor, and then found a very good one. Good luck.
>>
>>7129760
Maybe I just drown my sorrows by working too much fucking lazy stupid alcoholic cunt
>>
It's finals week. I should be doing something but instead I'm getting really high. I'm about to go to Taco Bell too. I've done really well this semester so far but now finding it so draining balancing two jobs, living with my girlfriend and school. What should I get at Taco Bell?
>>
>>7129835
Oh god that sounds good.

I'm so fucking hungry but I'm at my calorie limit for the day fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

>I'm a stupid vegetarian I always get potato tacos
>>
>>7129713
Easy
1st Smoke/Drink/Girl
2nd Put on any form of entertainment
3rd Wank/Sex
>>
>>7129842
Taco Bell will destroy any calorie counter.
>>
>>7129847 >>7129713
and 4. fall asleep knowing you have money and a bed.

What the fuck are you complaining about?
>>
up to 3 40ozs of steel reserve a night, 29, live with my parents, no job, no friends. only people I interact with are my parents, go out to eat with them sometimes
>>
>>7129875
What about this? Does this not count as an interaction to you?
>>
>>7129875

Only thing missing is the fedora.
>>
>>7129875
a god
>>
Can't seem to get down to less than a fifth a day but I'm taking more exercise and jitting the gym/dieting and that's huge, I feel so much better for that 1-2 hour span of the day when I'm actually OK. there's hope.

taking my kudzu pills and doing my damnest not to day drink, I'm gonna make it. We're all gonna make it, OP
>>
>>7129947
You will.
>>
>>7129947
Don't have a fifth in the house and drink more diluted shit. Do you want to cut down or not? Have some ground rules too, like no drinking until 6:00 pm. That gives you time to go to work, hit the gym, make a meal, and then be a degenerate.
>>
I missed the hell out of my family. I moved to go to work 7 years ago in a city that's 8 hours away from home. I haven't seen them in almost a year.

We raked, baked (made sweet potato pie and pecan pie), and spent time actually enjoying the whole family. (except my brother who is a total /rk9/ fag. had to coax him out of the basement, and he usually ran back in there 15 minutes later)
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 419x610px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 419x610px
>>7126042
>A tad too religious for my Atheist self
>>
>>7130017
>trigerred
fu annon
>>
>>7130017
>Mac
>Jack
>not Applejack

Nigga
>>
File: 20151201_205556_resized.jpg (293KB, 728x1156px) Image search: [Google]
20151201_205556_resized.jpg
293KB, 728x1156px
>work 7am-5pm
>usually never drink before 8pm, until after I've made dinner
>almost always ends up being 500ml of some sort of cheap bourbon or 5 cans of malt liquor.

Am I an alcoholic? I never "crave" alcohol during the working day like I hear online. Is there a name for this?

>pic related the 6th hurricane I'm on tonight
>>
>>7130060
neat!
>>
>>7130436
Do you think you could be better at your job if you were'nt drinking at nights?
If Yes, you're an alcoholic.
Also you drink a lot in medical standards. That amount of alcohol is a pass for serious cancers.
>>
>>7130222
twily best hoers
only ponk comes close
>>
>>7130436
That's how I do it to, but oh boy did that go out the window when we had a weeklong holiday shutdown last week. Also weekends.
>>
File: goon.png (1MB, 734x950px) Image search: [Google]
goon.png
1MB, 734x950px
white wine fag reporting.

I actually just bought some turkey today. A roast.

Found some turducken sausages with pistachios and figs that are pretty good.

Going to have a shower and then get shit faced.
Was shitting blood for three days up untill today so that's something to celebrate.
>>
File: 1447794924121s.jpg (3KB, 117x125px) Image search: [Google]
1447794924121s.jpg
3KB, 117x125px
>>7130450
I really don't think so, I work IT and I'm in direct contact with clients on a daily basis, based on my business's growth and clientele satisfaction rate, I'm going to say no. Can you link to some studies on the cancer business, I'm interested.

>>7130481
I haven't been off more than 2 days in 3 years, I don't know what that would feel like.
>>
>turkey was good
>progress-what's that?
>never feel alone, always am
>>
I dried out a beautiful cooked ham by following risk aversr directions that said to warm to 140 or 8 min per lb - I focused on temperature too much and it stayed in the oven closer to 2 hrs. I think next time I'm looking to only warm it through at 45 min to 1 hr max.

my butternut squash puree was tasty but unimaginative and looked like baby food.
>>
>>7126042

I went to my first AA this Sunday, it wasn't that fucked up, I guess because I had a few drinks that morning and going to AA came to me while I was inebriated, needless to say it was an eye opening experience. It sucked that I was the only young person there and everyone was over 40 mostly, what I found out though was that they all eat a shit ton of candy and drink a lot of tea and coffee. Also I wasn't allowed to speak because I admitted that I had been drinking in the morning however everyone was very nice and people came forward to give me advice and one guy even gave me a ride home.
>>
File: 1441863377155.jpg (241KB, 610x458px) Image search: [Google]
1441863377155.jpg
241KB, 610x458px
>>7130566
I went once when I was sober, those guys drank black coffee and chain smoked like I've never seen. I'm 28 and there were one or two people around my age but it was mostly people 40+. They all wanted to talk about themselves so much, it was weird to me. Each one would take the floor and just have this 15 minute vent of mostly nonsense. I haven't had a sip in ten years and I used to rob gas stations and God and the bible and i was in prison blah blah blah. Nobody even really responded to the people talking and didn't even seem to listen, they all just seemed to be fiending to take the podium and let loose a hurricane category 5 vent while inhaling pall malls and twitching and sweating out strong coffee. I could sort of relate to a little of what I heard, but not really. I only said my name at introduction and did not speak. I mean, I have nothing to say about myself.
>>
>>7130603

What you describe is pretty much the exact thing I experienced on Sunday, nobody really smoked inside but everyone drank coffee/tea and there were two large baskets of candy, there were like 20-30 people in the room and the lady that was sort of the head of the group gave everyone a theme to talk about for today but nobody really followed it, everyone had 4 minutes to talk about their shit and everyone was mostly talking about the same old sob story but what I found really odd was that none of them had any remorse really, at least it didn't feel like it, everyone was trying so hard to find excuses to why they're drinking and all that which is understandable somewhat but I don't believe in telling myself that I'm worthless and have no power over myself as if that's an excuse. Also it was really weird how ritualistic the whole speech thing was, everyone would always start out with - " Alcoholic X, blablablabla. Sober today." (everyone says Thank you and gives a little golf clap) Maybe I'm just too young for it but I don't feel like going back there because they don't really do anything, I was under the impression that alcoholics who want to help themselves would be a little more involved and shit.
>>
>>7130615
I also got the impression that they didn't really do anything. Instead of expending all their energy and focus on drinking, they seem to have flipped it and obsess similarly over not drinking. Instead of drinking they ALL chain smoked, pounded coffee, ate candy, chewed their nails, plucked their eyebrows, stared at the clock, bounced and shuffled their feet waiting for their turn to tell a story. Everyone had a story and I'm certain nearly every one of them gets up there and repeats the same story every week, and I'm certain everyone there has heard those stories so many times. They don't listen, why would you I guess. And that whole thing about giving yourself up to God and jesus and admitting you have no control over your own self, fuck that. And fuck those guys for believing it, praying to God over paper plate ash trays and abridged bibles. God had nothing to do with this addiction, we did. And God won't help us, we have to do it.
>>
I dont celebrate thanksgiving. But I walked by a bar after work and could smell the beer of lonely people gathered and felt lonely myself.
>>
>>7130539
Yes sir. From the >pic related you see that having 1-2 max alcoholic drinks per day diminishes your cancer an cardiovascular risk slightly.
But the more you drink the more you're tremedously putty yourself at risk of bad disease.
Sauce:
>https://www.med.unc.edu/alcohol/education-prevention/alcoholism-and-alcohol-abuse/but-i-heard-drinking-was-good-for-my-health
>>
File: mortalty.gif (3KB, 428x265px) Image search: [Google]
mortalty.gif
3KB, 428x265px
>>7130649
here is pic related
>>
How much do you guys actually drink? I down a pint of vodka about 4x a week. I've been much worse.
>>
>>7130615
>Also it was really weird how ritualistic the whole speech thing was, everyone would always start out with - " Alcoholic X, blablablabla. Sober today." (everyone says Thank you and gives a little golf clap) Maybe I'm just too young for it but I don't feel like going back there because they don't really do anything
It's a kind of community ritual. Even if it doesn't work for you from the get go i.e. you don't feel it, subconsciously it works. There may be a moment one of those days when it dawns upon you that you have this group of people with mutual problems you can rely on, vent, talk to, hang out etc. who will offer their support.
>>
>>7130641
>>7130615
>>7130603

This so much. I went to one while living in Berlin because I was bored, alone and going through a bottle of cheap whiskey/gin/cognac/whatever strong a day and wanted to see how far I was. I don't know whether some form of mental retardation is a requirement for entry to the AA but they sure made me feel like it was. Very self-centered, all the same stories, so obsessed with not drinking that it seemed like they'd be better off just downing a fucking drink. It did motivate me to get my shit together later but the moment I walked out there I needed a drink like never before.
>>
>>7130691
>>7130696
You fags are doing the same thing they are doing
>>
File: 1435222619977.gif (974KB, 291x204px) Image search: [Google]
1435222619977.gif
974KB, 291x204px
>>7130746
correct.

this thread is for alcoholse not bitter sell-outs. move along please.
>>
Hey guys i just discovered some cans of left over beer from two weeks ago, they were opened then left at the back of the fridge for two weeks. I had a sip and it tastes terrible, but i am really craving a drink.
1. how sick will this shit make me?
2. Will the alcohol still get me buzzed?
3. will it all be worth it?
>>
>>7126029

These threads have gone from 'what are you drinking' to an AA meeting. Not your personal blog, take it to /soc/ or where ever.
>>
>>7130798

1. Probably not sick at all, if your fridge isn't filled with rotten food
2. It's most likely even stronger now
3. No
>>
>>7130806
I had a few sips, my fridge had some rotten tomato's a while back, it also turned off for 2 days straight. My stomach hurt the moment i had a few sips, I am dying right?
>>
>>7130825

Beer kicks in your bowel movement, especially flat beer. Drink some more, smoke a cigarette and get ready to cleanse your intestines.
>>
>>7130798
I'm pretty sure you know the answers to all those questions, you're just hoping we'll tell you to go for it.
>>
>>7130017

>Mac
>Jack Daniels
>Pony

This thread is not the place for little girls, you seem to have gotten lost
>>
> orphan
> graciously invited to friends' thanksgiving
> friends are married and one is vegan and a great cook
> last year included ham & other non-veg ish
> this year she apparently didn't feel like cooking
> stouffers or w/e box stuffing
> pillsbury crescent rolls
> some faux-roast thing made of textured who-the-fuck-knows
> vegan, gluten-free mac 'n "cheese"
> all prepackaged bland crap

Had a good time though
>>
Just woke up at six, somehow thought it was midnight when I read the clock. Don't know if I'll be able to make it to the shop to stock up.
>>
Ha I'm actually posting from a tablet my roommate snuck into rehab. I've been here since the end of October and get out next Monday. I go out sometimes during the day, attend a bunch of classes, and go around the city on the weekend by myself. I've got 39 days sober now and I'm moving into a sort of halfway house up in my home city when I'm done here. We alternate between NA and AA meetings every night and I'm so glad I did this. Best of luck other Anons, I know I'm going to need it.
>>
>>7132402
Good luck. I hope you can stick with it for the long term.
>>
>>7132402
But why?

What's so good about sobriety?
>>
File: fml2.jpg (43KB, 540x364px) Image search: [Google]
fml2.jpg
43KB, 540x364px
I fucked up
>wanting my life sober for good
>go to an AA meeting
>goto the doctor to supervise withdrawal
>gives me ativan
2 days sober
>go to a 3rd AA meetinng. feeling the urge
>quit the meeting et a bottle of booze while on a high dose of ativan and haven't slept for 2 dyas.
>takes just a sip.
> I smashed the right mirror of my car on an innocent one.
>bystanders... ''does anyone live around here? is this your ccar"" ""nope""
>ok i'll leave a note
>leave blank paper on a rainy night in the windshields
Fuck ananons, how do you quit the booze?
>>
>>7132918
why not move somewhere that has a subway system, then you can be drunk all the time and the only risk is falling onto the tracks and pissing on the third rail, creating a horrific video that people will upload to youtube in your memory
>>
>>7129976
>>7130010
>>7130052

thanks guys but if i buy pints I'll just just get more

i need to keep working and today was good, no work napping and tonight I'm on count for calories and also like 500ml in ready for bed

>we're all gonna make it
>>
File: neat.jpg (227KB, 725x483px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
227KB, 725x483px
>>7132918

Yeah, it's not a great idea to drink while on benzos.

Speaking about medications, if you need medications- I'm a fan of Clorazepate, which has a nice long half-life, on a long taper if needed (with regular doctor visits) plus campral. Also an antidepressant if you need one.
>>
File: steamed_mtl.jpg (57KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
steamed_mtl.jpg
57KB, 650x366px
>>7132922
I have all the subway i need. When I didn't had access to ac car I'd piis in the subway barf int the subway. Stop at random station go to a construction site, setting it on fire, etc etc...
In my city, if you bought a brand you condo, I probably already pisssed in it or graffitied it.

I get your int though. I'm a responsible drunk I never drive when drunk. but tonight, the meds, the fatige, the withdrawal made me drive like a fucktard eventough my BAC was like 0.03.
>>
proud to say I went out with a couple friends tonight and had one single, solitary drink. Then I went home. And now I'm here, smoking a little weed.

A year ago, I wouldn't have been able to make it to the bar without being drunk first.

Guys, please, I know it takes a lot of will power and I definitely still struggle...but learn from my mistakes and don't go fully down the road of alcoholism. I promise you will regret every fucking second of it.
>>
Been without a drink since Saturday night. Feels good. But I got a job offer at $20/hr today that drug tests, so I can't smoke weed for the next couple of weeks. What am I gonna do instead? I don't want to drink.

I should probably start running. Anyone have a buildup routine from not exercising at all to running a 5k?
>>
>>7132402
Hit my 40 days today, but just did the cold turkey shit. Rehab isn't my thing and thankfully after a decade of booze filled nights I didn't need it.
>>
File: 9780241951590.jpg (1024KB, 1310x2135px) Image search: [Google]
9780241951590.jpg
1024KB, 1310x2135px
I don't think I'm an alky, but I think I'm addicted to the bar.

I hate who I am during the day, but when I sit down, I'm surrounded by a bunch of leering phonies, caricatures of people, telling the same god damn awful stories over and over again. I call them my friends, and we laugh and slap each other on the back and pretend we know each other.

I can be whoever I want when I'm trashed at my bar. They believe it, so I believe it.
I'm hooked on the lie that I'm a charming, popular somebody, and it seems like I can only do that when I'm chain smoking with a drink in my hand.
>>
couldn't find an eggnog thread, but this is sort of related and you guys probably know more than I do.

the cheapest brandy I can find (it also happens to be on sale) is some apricot brandy. would that be gross?

also what is the proper ratio of eggnog to alcohol.

i'm having guests and I don't know what I'm doing.
>>
>>7133060
>buildup routine from not exercising at all to running a 5k
there's c25k, just google it
>>
>>7128806
>I remember a guy whose higher power was a beat up old power yacht named Gas Chamber.
That's idolatry tho
>>
>>7126042
start doing G, it feels better, no hangover and thats how i stopped drinking lmao
>>
>>7133754
G?
>>
>>7129875
I feel you pham
>>
File: Gullum-response[1].jpg (16KB, 246x180px) Image search: [Google]
Gullum-response[1].jpg
16KB, 246x180px
Been having some completely fucked dreams since I stopped drinking.

Some of them are neat and just vivid, but I don't know how my brain manages to come up with some of this shit.
>>
>>7133940
Give it two to four weeks and they will start calming down, it fucks with me every time I stop drinking. That and the odd hallucinations.
>>
>>7134018
A few months ago I had cut my drinking down drastically, had maybe two pints a day and some days nothing at all. In august or something I went a month without drinking at all. I was sure I had my drinking under control but now I'm back to drinking six pints+ most days. I love drinking but I don't love doing it every day. The worst part is I'm not even nearly as depressed now as I used to be, my life is getting on a pretty good track, but I am drinking more than I did when I was worse for some reason.
>>
>>7134018
Didn't mean to quote your post
>>
>>7134018
Some of them have been so realistic I had to wonder if it actually happened or not when I woke up.
>>
>>7130660
>How much do you guys actually drink?
2-4 times a week. a pint on Friday, a fifth and some beers on Saturday since noon and sometimes a half fifth or a bottle of wine on a weekday or two. I started drinking very recently though
>>
>>7134023
>now I'm back to drinking six pints+ most days
>drinking almost 3L of hard liquor daily
holy shit, how are you even alive?
>>
>>7126029
lol are the candles supposed to make an edgy, complicated, and mysterious vibe to alcoholism?
>>
>>7133744
Idolatry is only a problem if the religion in question deems it heresy. I doubt Yachtists consider idolatry heretical.
>>
I work out, but my only motivation is to burn off calories from drinking. Those are like the only two things I look forward to.
>>
the anxiety, bros... my god the anxiety.
>>
>tfw i cured myself of alcoholism by slamming a 750ml of smirnoff and eating jalapeno flavored beef jerkey and A&W root beer.

the hangover was pure poisoning symptoms, and i kept getting synthetic-jalapeno-flavor and sickly sweet rootbeery burps in the morning that sent me reeling toward the toilet every couple of minutes.

haven't drank in 2 weeks and the thought of vodka disconcerts me
>>
Called in today because drank jack last night got hammered. Told boss some bs, i think I'm gonna quit my job because its making me drink more. Too stressful and not getting payed what I deserve, I'm a huge mess
>>
>>7133117
Kraken rum is actually really good with Nog.
>>
>>7130436
Idk but I think you could get cirrhosis of the liver drinking that much
>>
>>7134812
haha thats happened to me a few times. you have such a bad experience that it puts you off it for a while. i always end up going back though. longest i lasted was 3 weeks
>>
>>7126029
>work as a realtor
>have to drive people around all the time
>babies as well
>still got enough of a conscience not to drink all day
WANT TO BE AL/CK/ BUT JOB WON'T LET ME ;_;
>>
You guys should try some cleanses or something. I'm not saying quitting drinking forever, because if you really think "What? I can NEVER have another drink again?" that doesn't work, you won't be able to quit.

Try eating only brown rice and fruit for like a week, and only drink water. You'll feel better.
>>
>>7134649
beer idiot
>>
Drinking vodka as always. It doesn't give me as bad as a hangover as whiskey. I drink about 500ml a day, only because I work 13 hours a day, I drink less or more on the weekends. Sometimes I just sleep
>>
File: noggg.png (876KB, 892x672px) Image search: [Google]
noggg.png
876KB, 892x672px
>>7133117
make the amaretto version.
Its the fucking tits.
>>
>starving myself for a while, doing great, lose ten pounds
>start drinking, can't control my eating habits, gain it back
it's just too destructive to be in my life, the weight thing on top of the ridiculous shit I do and say when I'm drunk. but my brother and I always hang out and drink, it's our bonding ritual and it would feel weird to say no to it
>>
>>7134018
iktfb, sometimes I intermediately "fast" and one of the times I would either have nightmares every night, or my light sleep would cause me to wake up and have terrible sleep paralysis with hallucinations of terrible entities by my bed. Had to either wake up, and go to another room, or (more effectively) sleep with a blanket over my head so I did not see anything to make nightmares of when I woke in the middle of the night.
>>
>>7134713
How can one deal with it without drinking or benzos? Started drinking because of my social anxiety, and now it seems generalized whenever I stop even for a day or two.
>>
>>7134956
That sounds find except for
>don't drink for a week
>>
> smoking a cig before class
> some dude comes up
> "hey anon, what's up? haha, had to have a couple of beers before this class, it sucks so much!"
> "oh, ha...yeah it's a pretty long one..."
>"do you wanna have one with me before it starts?"
>"no thanks, i kinda can't stop drinking when i start"

should've just said he was stupid for it and made him feel bad instead.
>>
>>7136323
yeah, sure faggot
>>
>>7130603
>>7130615

If i can't think of another animation to make in the next year, this is what I want to make. Fuck
>>
>>7136327

ok?
>>
>>7130641

You are superior, I bow to thee, I sit dumbfounded before thine glory, my fingers tremble as I press these keys and my mind races in anxious inferiority before you. You are amazing.
>>
>>7130436
If you have to ask...
>>
>>7135306
>>7134023
>6 pints of beer a day is uncontrollable drinking
why are you here?
>>
>get drunk
>watch videos on YouTube
>wake up next day
>look at browser
>now subscribed to 5 new people
>day later, package from Amazon with a dozen CDs arrives

Fucking hell
>>
>>7136296
This.
The only reason I booze so hard is to get rid of my anxiety. There's a guy that goes to the bar I hangout at who has the same issue. Every time I go there we both down several shots before were comfortable enough to socialize.
Always end up spending a shitload on alcohol just because I can't fucking talk to people sober.
>>
>>7137488
>drink to get rid of anxiety
>hangover makes anxiety even worse
>drink moar booze
You aren't alone
>>
didn't drink at all this week. if i can make it past the weekend i'm home free, right guys?!
>>
>>7129039
Month sober here, still having horrible anxiety, depression, skin can go from hot to cold pretty quickly and still having trouble keeping solids down. Start working out man, seriously it is the only thing that has kept me sober and sane.

After the first week, I thought I was going to lose my mind and my skin wouldn't stop crawling and went for a run. 45 minutes later I'm crying on the sidewalk because for the first time in a long time I felt ok and I wasn't drunk. Not good, not great, but ok.

You're gonna make it, just keep at it.
>>
>>7137452
>day later, package from Amazon with a dozen CDs arrives

Torrents exist lad
>>
>>7137541
nobody knows what torrents are, you dumb geek
>>
>>7137541

>2015
>torrenting
>2015
>pirating music
>2015
>not paying for things you enjoy
>2015
>I was drunk and I found Amazon's 3 CDs for 15 Euros deal
>>
>>7137541
Making music is costly. Don't be a jerk, support the artists.
>>
>>7137564
if youre so happy about your purchase, why write "fucking hell" beneath it?

>dude i was so drunk i bought like 20 apples for 2 bucks each
>fucking hell

Dude you know there's an apple tree right over there and the apples you can freely pick are just as good

>dude support the farmers i got a deal its the current year bro i really wanted these but saying "fucking hell" at the end of my purchase story makes me seem like an unpredictable and spontaneous drunk lol!!!
>>
>>7137648

Because, and here's what the "Fucking hell" bit is about, I didn't remember jackshit about it, mate.
>>
>>7137652

I look forward to remembering jackshit about interacting with your dumb ass
>>
I woke up again.
>>
>>7137452
You're a joke.

Who the fuck buys cds.
>>
>Waking up at 5.30pm

What the hell
>>
>>7137754
>Who the fuck buys cds.
People stuck in the 90's
>>
>>7137852
>tfw you never paid columbia house for all the cds you ordered
call the cops, I don't give a fuck
>>
>>7137565
Their labels make the money. Go to concerts and shows if you actually want to support the band.

I've had the luck to go to bar shows and talk to band members. They all day the same thing. Thanks for coming to the show, this us how we really make our living etc. Except psychobilly. They're more likely to fart on you and tell you your dancing sucks and ask you to buy them a beer. They're the best.
>>
>>7137869
I still owe them for some cassette tapes.
come at me
>>
>not listening to music composed by dead people performed by dead people

I dont have to pay anyone for Gould's performances of Bach. Fuck off moralfag consumerists
>>
File: Lucille-Bluth-martini.gif (997KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
Lucille-Bluth-martini.gif
997KB, 500x310px
>>7126029
heyheyhey OP why so sad? I haven't seen an al/ck thread with no sad drunken fag in a long time. I mean if it was some serious man meditating over his drink it would be very different. Can't we have a more beverous athmosphere a little?

>drinking alcoholic drinks
>giving toasts at family parties
>uniting with brothers
>remembering the dead
>my father realizes something
>one day he burst into my house
>ragingingly searching the furniture
>finds ALL the bottles
>hundreds
>hugs me crying
>tells me he's so happy I wasn't gay
>>
I have a bottle of wine that was opened on that day. Should I go for it? It has been sealed since that day and I don't want to go out and buy more alcohol.
>>
>>7138450
red? white?
whole wine bottles often need some proper food imho
only open red if you can stand the acids
red wine turns me into leather from the inside
>>
>>7138470
It's red. I don't remember what happened the last time I drank a bottle that was several days old.
>>
>>7138479
shouldn't be a problem. If it is anyway, you will taste it.
>>
>>7138512
It's just a little more bitter than usual. No big deal.
>>
>>7137452
I did that with a unicycle and Ernest P. Worrell DVDs before.
>>
>>7138548
Pickling livers counts as cooking in my book.
>>
>>7137667

Was it nice not remembering interacting with me?
>>
>>7133109
are you me? im stuck in that exact situation
>>
File: 1447390294407.jpg (44KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1447390294407.jpg
44KB, 709x765px
Not gonna drink today.
Not gonna drink today.
Not gonna drink today.
>>
>>7137718
I keep waking up.
>>
>>7140085
Stay strong anon. Breathe deep.
>>
File: lahey.jpg (123KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
lahey.jpg
123KB, 1252x1252px
How's your Saturday evening coming up?
For me it's hockey and blankets.
>>
>>7141050
Flipping between sports at the commercial and blankets.
>>
sup fellow drunks

going on 150 days sober. its still hard, but I have to remind myself that I was pissing and shitting blood from two years of constant benders
a woman drove me to drink, you know. I should like to thank her
>>
>>7141131
>a woman drove me to drink, you know

Jesus that's sad. How did that happen.
>>
>>7141138

I let a long term relationship ending get the better of me in the worst way imaginable.

going to the doctors didn't help too much. he was really judgemental and asked me where I worked, to which I replied that im not going to tell him, and then he said ''I was just curious how you manage to hold down a job while drinking so much''

thanks, doc! I can laugh about it now though
>>
>>7141050
Frig off, Lahey
>>
>>7141149
ignorance is bliss, ricky, when tis folly to be wise
>>
File: télécharger.jpg (7KB, 188x223px) Image search: [Google]
télécharger.jpg
7KB, 188x223px
>>7141149
Frigg off Ricky!
>>
>>7141050
Finishing my second 40 of King Cobra and plan on nightcapping with a tallboy of Natty Daddy. Only $6 for the 3, so that's my usual nightly go-to. Worked 7am-3pm today and got the supreme pleasure of making food for a 40-top party.

Played some Fallout 3 and Battlefield 4 earlier on my old dying 360, listened to some stand-up comedy, was pretty nice. Now just on the Offsprings greatest hits album (the steady rhythms and in-tune singing sounds good on a base level).
Kitchen slave at Buffalo Wild Wings here, over a year-and-a-half in and no end in sight. Stop ordering Desser Nachos you fucks.
>>
>>7141341
neat!
>>
File: 00-05.png (226KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
00-05.png
226KB, 512x384px
>2 months sober after years of reckless drinking
>get bored and sad enough to go to the liquor store
>a couple hours later I'm smoking crack with a tranny prostitute

I'm not gonna make it bros. My will to live is depleted.
>>
>>7141426
>smoking crack with a tranny prostitute

Sounds like you're living the life anon
>>
>>7141426
Men I passed out in my car getting out of the strippers after blowing up my food and rent money for the month on drinks and whores. Totally exploded.
It was cold outside so I passed out with my foot on the gas.
Police caught me in the deserted parking. charged me with open liquor thats it.
But I fucked hundred times more.
I guess for some of us it will only stop when we hit rock bottom.

ANyway you should see a doctor, that's a good start. And go to AA/NA meetings, it really helps.
>>
Been a month since I've drank everyday. Now just drink on weekends.

>lost 15lbs
>face is no longer bloated
>can see my jawline
>can't sleep on weekdays
>still feel better than drinking everyday

I'm gonna make it bros.
>>
>>7141341
line cook here
stay strong anon
A mid service kitchen is the most stressful work environment
>>
>>7141532
no you aren't
>>
File: happy-kitty.jpg (38KB, 385x240px) Image search: [Google]
happy-kitty.jpg
38KB, 385x240px
>>7141532

you can do it anon
>>
>>7141532
Keep it up, it's only going to continue to get better.
>>
File: 1443463092288.jpg (65KB, 585x585px) Image search: [Google]
1443463092288.jpg
65KB, 585x585px
>>7141532
We're with you friend; make us proud
>>
File: 1448790607082.jpg (60KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1448790607082.jpg
60KB, 720x540px
>>7140085
I failed. I just couldn't handle the thoughts.
>>
what's the best cheap vodka? I usually get stoli, but that's like $33 per handle before tax where I live. I'm looking for something that's less than $20 per handle and won't give me hangovers.
>>
>>7142140
I have trouble finding good cheap vodka in the US. Smirnoff is generally a decent compromise. $18 a handle where I am.
>>
>>7142140
Taaka
>>
>>7141050
>>7141094
>blankets
what?
>>
>>7142041
At least you're still trying bro.
>>
>>7138091
Knowing that half of /mu/ is old bitter alcoholics makes SO MUCH sense now. I thought /tv/ was the shared the home for a while too.
>>
>>7142699
when detoxing from alcohol, the only thing I can do is watch tv or movies in blankets.
>>
>>7142154
Just get Smirnoff and run it through a brita filter a few times
>>
>>7141439
How much did you wasted? At least did you fuck a stripper?
>>
>>7133109
U are my hero. Just be anybody except you
>>
How does one taper? I used to go through a 750ml of liquor in a day or a twelve pack of beer. A day without alcohol gave me tons of anxiety.

Between last night and today I've nursed a twelve pack of beer while doing housework with no bad feelings. I guess I could just use some encouragement.
>>
i did it. i didn't drink this weekend
>>
>>7137452
I once woke up with a hangover and EuroTruck Simulator 2015 on my steam account.
I kinda want to make a "let's play drunk" on this game.

>>7136328
Animate the lovecraftian horrors of the delirium.

>>7134671
I'm not a photography student, but I think so, yes. A photograph made a picture to illustrate struggle in life, got registered with "alcohol" tag.
OP googles "alcoholism", this shows up. Good enough to start a thread.
>>
>>7144797
That deserves a celebratory drink senpai
>>
>>7144797
I tried doing that but failed miserably, guess I'll drink in your honour.
>>
>>7145707
>Cocoa Hoto moves into a new town to attend school. There, she begins living with Chino Kafū at her family's Rabbit House café, working as a waitress to pay for her accommodation.

That sounds completely mundane. Seriously why do they even make anime without giant robots.
>>
File: 1438355730214.png (829KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1438355730214.png
829KB, 1500x1500px
>>7145716
Its just a slice of life anime, its very cute and relaxing though, would recommend.
Fuck me its already past 5 am.
I gotta go to sleep soon but may as well finish this bottle of gin first.
>>
About to crack my steel reserve 40, wish me luck
>>
File: 1441638622803.jpg (141KB, 388x510px) Image search: [Google]
1441638622803.jpg
141KB, 388x510px
blyat its10:17 here and i'm still dtinking
How do i stop?
When I tried not drinking anything for a day I felt terrible and started shaking a lot.
>>
>>7134812

>Tfw still havent drank

>all i have to do is just not go to a liq store again

>tfw this concoction interrupted my habit long enough for me to quit

Try it brethren. 750ml smirnoff, consumed in under 20 mins + jalapeño jerkey and rootbeer.
>>
>>7146062
>How do i stop?

Taper nigga
>>
>>7146171
Fellow alcoholic, here. Even tapering off is going to be quite the ordeal, especially if you have a job or other commitments. Try to get as much sleep as possible and avoid any strenuous activity. Spend some time in a nice quiet park with a lake or river during the daytime hours. Once the nausea is over, you'll get a craving for something sweet, so go crazy on soda or whatever.
>>
>>7146262
Shieet
>>
>>7146278
Gotta say this is all bullshit. I've gotten off the booze before. It's fucking shit. You "feel great" because you can go around and tell everyone you feel great. After a while they stop giving a shit, and you realise life is much better when your jiggered. Don't be a faggot, just have a drink, and fuck it, if you right yourself off, or blow all your money, or fuck a tranny, who gives a shit. At least it makes life interesting. Better than the mundane shit these other cunts are talking about. "Sit in your apartment and try to distract your self", "sleep longer". You know what? Why not go to the doctor and ask them to induce a fucking coma? You'll be sober then, and you'll loose weight too. Gay shit. Keep drinking bruh!
>>
>>7130652
Looks like I better stop drinking so much, or I'm on track to catch a bad case of suicide.
>>
>>7146285
Didn't say I wasn't still an alcohol, just trying to suggest some things to make it easier if anon wants to quit. The liquor store closest to me doesn't open until 9:00 AM and I'm already thinking about withdrawal coming in. My old liquor store opened at 6 and I, of course, was the first one there if I hadn't stocked up the night before.
>>
>>7146299
In all honesty, if you want to quit, or ease off, first you've go to find some other shit to do i.e. get a gf, get a job you like and bust your balls at it, get obsessed with a hobby - some shit like that. That thing will become a distraction if you immerse yourself in it, and then, you'll be able to put off drinking bit by bit. In the end though, and this shit might sound a little morbid but fuck it, you'll get over everything and go back to having a drink. Difference is you might develop the discipline to be able to control it more than you can now. Like I said, I gave booze up for ages, now I'm back on it, but I've got much more control i.e I can comfortably not drink for a week if I feel like it/need to. Good luck man.
>>
File: Turkey.jpg (3MB, 3687x2765px) Image search: [Google]
Turkey.jpg
3MB, 3687x2765px
>>7126029

I cooked my very first turkey.

I did a 12lb turkey at 325 for 3 1/2 hours. I put a piece of foil over the breast for the first 2 hours. After that, I pulled it out, removed the foil and basted the turkey. I basted one more time after that.

Made herb butter with some seasonings and parsley, rubbed it under the skin and all over the turkey. I stuffed the rest of the parsley inside of the turkey. I placed the turkey on a bed of carrots, onions, garlic and chicken stock.

I used the pan drippings plus my giblet broth to make some turkey gravy (which turned out delicious).

All in all, it was a great experience seeing as I've never cooked a turkey. It was VERY moist, even the breast and had great flavor.

I will definitely do this again next year.

>pic related

I was kind of in a rush, cooking, hints the shitty pic. I should have taken a picture of it on the platter, not in the roasting pan.
>>
>>7126029

How much do you spend on alcohol a week? Try to keep it down to £50 a week here. Also try to only drink 4 days a week.
>>
>>7146871
I used to put 70 CAN$ a week, unless I drank my roomates expensive stuff and had to replace it.
>>
I fucking hate when I'm not drunk. I get crippling anxiety and can't even function. How can I quit when I have to suffer through this feeling for a couple weeks?

I need to function every day. I don't have a couple weeks where I can just tell all my responsibilities to fuck off
>>
been in AA for almost four weeks. the meetings don't stop me from drinking, as i have some really terrible legal issues i don't want to articulate that make me want to drink. i feel really guilty. i'm powerless to alcohol. i want to quit drinking but i can't. drinking makes me physically ill and gives me terrible stomach aches that last for days. i wish i had something else to give me pleasure but nothing can do that for me. i never do more than an 8-pack a night and i don't feel like i'm addicted to alcohol, but there's nothing stopping me from wanting to drink. i'm facing some really hard time for mistakes i've made and there's nothing i can do about it. i was an alcoholic before and contrary to what is expected, i'm actually still much the same. i drink everyhing i bring home and leave nothing for tomorrow. i also can't handle being around alcohol. i'll drink when it's around me.

if you're wondering i was charged with downloading cheese pizza and i'm facing hard times. i'm scared all the time and suicidal. i don't want to be locked up alongside violent criminals.
>>
>>7149162
Have you really considered suicide? Or are you just saying that for attention? Honestly, you should give it a shot.
>>
>>7137565
Fuck you
>>
File: leigh-sales-80391.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
leigh-sales-80391.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>7130526
>Stanley
The patricians choice.
>>
>>7129347
You should really quit before your life is totally fucked. You'll be sitting in a jail cell after killing a couple people in a car wreck wishing you could come back to this point.
>>
>>7146299
Worked at my dads liquor store during summers home from college. Opened every day at 9 and the same guy would be there every day waiting for me to unlock.

>about 50 years old
>a friend of mine in high schools dad
>he had a nice looking wife, 3 kids decent job in finance
>lost it all, kids won't even speak to him
>comes in for 5th of Barton vodka every morning, two fifths on Saturday since Sunday closed
>always apologizes profusely, says if he buys more he'll drink continually and won't sleep
>nicest guy, remembers the sports teams I like and pays attention to them and actually will go out of his way to watch my team play the previous night so we can talk about it for 1-2 minutes in the morning
>doesn't show up for a couple days
>after a week, check papers his obit in there, no information on a funeral because he didn't have one

Still think of him often
>>
>>7149162
No, you were convicted Jared, and I always knew you were a one of us alcohol.
>>
>>7149162
>drinking makes me physically ill and gives me terrible stomach aches that last for days.
Sounds like pancreatitis. You also puke when your stomach hurts?
It gets worst. Pain can go super high, and painkillers are inefficient. You can be on max morphine dose and still be in foetal position crying for death to liberate you from the torments of hell.
Also, once your pancreas gets damaged beyond recovery (and it can happen before or without crazy pain), you don't digest fat without pills. So you shit oily diarrhoea and shart your pants once in a while.

Yeah, it's not encouraging, is it?
>>
>>7149281
Woah. I can't handle these feels. My liquor store actually stocks the 1.75 liter bottles of Barton vodka just for me.

Also, there was another liquor store where an older Korean lady was a clerk. She'd give a piece of candy and called me "baby" because I looked so young.
>>
when i drink, i make stupid, foolish decisions that hurt my wife

i love drinking and i love my wife and can't keep hurting her

but goddamn i love drinking
>>
>>7146285
FUCKYEAH, now that's what I meant!
>>
>>7146298
just be sure to post pics of your suicide drink
>>
>>7146319

seconded. living proof of this bullshit. i visit these threads cuse it's cathartic
>>
>>7149281
>>7149472
>>7149735
GUYS!
Are you from the 70s? We are so post. So much post everything. So post-everything that you need to realize life has risen to another level. This is considered a happy life now.
>>
>>7149825

>This is considered a happy life now

What a terrifying notion
>>
Call me a faggot, but what are some recommended sparkling wines?
>>
>>7143905
switch to just beer, low alc/clear colored

try to drink slower
>>
>>7151088
Brut is california sparkling white

they come in extra dry to sweet

i prefer dry

costs about 13 bucks a bottle where i live
>>
>>7151088
>>7151122
sorry i meant to say Korbel

i haven't bought brut in forever. not sure about that price
>>
>>7151122

Brut means dry in French...

There's Extra brut, brut, demi-sec, Sec and Doux varieties of Champagne. Sparkling wine is a different story entirely encompassing anything from Vhino Verde to prosecco. All ranges or sweetness and dryness.

Iron Horse is hands down the best domestic sparkling wine you will find. Period. Nothing manufactured in the USA even comes close. It's vastly superior to Moet&Chandon, VeuveCliquot, and Perrier Jouet. The only French sparkling wine I enjoy is Krug...which is $300+ per bottle for even the most mediocre vintage. Holiday enjoyment only.
>>
>>7151136
cool, good info
>>
>>7146855
>shitty pic

It looks delicious, way to go. Buy a real roasting pan if you can, they're worth every penny.
>>
Turkey turned out well. Made a cherry pie that turned out really well. Kids wouldn't touch it. More for me.

Vodka wipes me out. I drink a lot of red wine. Keep a gallon of water by my bed to rehydrate.

I just don't see it as a problem. I enjoy the sensation, you just need to start early and watch what you eat for maximum effect.
>>
>>7149490
i think you are right. the symptoms and causes are in check. i'm not nauseous and haven't puked, but there is a dull, sore pain in my stomach left over from last night's drinking, and i can't eat. i tried to eat but i couldn't finish (it was also leftover taco bell, so i chalked it up as just being too gross to swallow.) this also to me feels either like hunger pangs or indigestion, so i've been misdiagnosing myself all along. i also went to the hospital once in the past year for pain like this (also after a night of drinking) but ultimately waited 6 hours without being helped and left when the pain started to subside. i thought it was just a hangover or one of the former problems.

seriously thank you for replying. you may have just saved my life.
>>
>>7149162
>downloading cheese pizza and i'm facing hard times.

You deserve everything thats happening to you

Kill yourself
>>
>>7132918
This is how fucking shocking we can be when we mix script drugs with alcohol. It makes me furious to think how much worse you can be when combining this stuff.

Whats worse is if we had (the foresight to get) adequate legal defense we might actually be given sympathy because of it.
>>
I haven't spoken to another human in real life in about 3 weeks now. Kinda weird when I think about.
I sometimes make weird noises just to check my voice.
>>
File: dubs_bale_4chan_tv_2.jpg (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dubs_bale_4chan_tv_2.jpg
54KB, 300x300px
>>7152844
worthy dubs

>inb4 slowassboard
fucking used to be slow, not anymore.
>>
>>7150110
doesn't make it less true though...
>>
>>7152844
not weird.
This is my thing for years now! Earlier in my life I was weird, but now, as time passed by, I realized that I actually just was ahead of my time.
that's what society forces you to these days.
that's what only you recognize as abnormal
that's how you should adjust yourself to present times
>inb4 someone claiming to know which behaviour is sane
>>
>>7152844
>I haven't spoken to another human in real life in about 3 weeks now.

if i didnt have a flatmate i could probably go a good two months without human interaction
>>
>>7152844
Same. And I live with my parents and faggot older brother. I haven't talked to anyone in months I just wait til they leave to get up and get some beer or I'll go to the bar. I'm 22, started saving up to move out(I was living on my own but lost my job and had to move back.)

Anyway, anyone here not get drunk anymore? Was 8 beers deep in a 12 pack yesterday and I gave up because I didn't feel anything. (5'10, 130 pounds, been drinkin since 18). Shit sucks. Then there's other days where 2 beers later I get a buzz and that's all. After the buzz I'm back to normal even if I keep drinking
>>
Not really an alcoholic but I'm currently travelling and I found a bottle of prosecco in the b&b I stayed in in the last city I was in so I took it and I am now more than halfway through it

Just waiting to get hungry so I can go and eat something

In the meantime I shitpost
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (33KB, 351x356px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
33KB, 351x356px
bumping with question

better value? wild turkey 101 or reg evan williams

just had a fifth of evan williams and it was okay, don't remember having wild turkey in a long enough time to say
>>
Thanksgiving was shit. Didn't get to cook what I wanted because I had 3 houses to go to.
Thinking about telling family I work Christmas eve and day, simply because I don't want to deal with that shit.
Just get some food, turn the phone off, and cook like there's no fucking tomorrow.
>>
File: 1446634760775.jpg (40KB, 615x403px) Image search: [Google]
1446634760775.jpg
40KB, 615x403px
I've been on a bender for the past... four or five years. I drink beer, not liquor, but it takes its toll. recently been doing twelve or so beers a night over te span of a couple hours. I know this probably doesn't seem like a lot to the /hardcore/ alcs here but it adds up.

I love it though. I love just getting wasted alone and watching youtube videos.. it's a weird life
>>
>mom promised me a pecan pie
>she makes the second-best pecan pies in the world (right behind my grandma, who is truly a goddess of baking; this is a verifiable fact, by the way. Not just my opinion. Look up "best pecan pies in the universe" in every single Guinness book of world records ever. She's in all of them. Even the ones from before her parents were born)
>makes a pie to go with Thanksgiving desserts
>it's gone before I can get to it
>she says she'll make me another one
>keeping asking her when
>she keeps saying "saturday"
>Two Saturdays have passed, mom. How many more is it going to be? If you don't love me anymore, just say it already and I'll kill myself. GOD DAMN.
>>
Would it be totally appropriate for a post-Thanksgiving a./ck thread to last long enough to become a pre-Christmas dread thread?

Or should we reload the bump count for a fresh one?

I have a handle of Seagram's Extra Smooth. It may inform my opinion.

>>7154605
You there. You seem to be on board with the dilemma. The great first world irony of Christmas - we suffer the company of people we don't want around in order to exchange objects which as often as not we also neither want nor need.

Yet we can't stop. Some force of upbringing or cultural mass deluded peer pressure or habit of societal ritual just keeps pushing us into the car, the plane, bidding us, "no. you must. it's not really up to you."

Kind of like drinking.
>>
>>7155159
Buy all the ingredients and give them to her on saturday.
>>
>>7152844
>>7153432
>going weeks without speaking to another human
Do you guys not have jobs?
I would assume basement dwelling neets at mom's house but that would require at least speaking to your mothers.
>>
Accidentally poured three fingers of Jamesons, underestimated how much was left in the bottle
eh
>>
>>7156868
Perhaps they work at a school for the mute and deaf, like the Anne Frank School of People Who Can't Do Shit Good.
>>
>>7158708
you could always watch whats going into your glass
>>
>>7158783
think you mean Hellen Keller champ
>>
File: xOIkdeXh.jpg (117KB, 960x1024px) Image search: [Google]
xOIkdeXh.jpg
117KB, 960x1024px
How do i cover the smell when I'm drunk at work? My brother keeps telling me i reek of booze

Fuck doing this sober
>>
>>7159257
>slipt
>>
failed an exam today, time to get drunk
>>
>>7159292
That's the spirit. 9am here, gonna make breakfast and grab a 12 pack after.
>>
>>7159277

>Skip breakfast
>Skip lunch
>Eat dinner
>Get drunk on remaining calories

flawless system
>>
>>7159088
What?
>>
>>7159303
I used to just eat breakfast and drink rum with coke zero, lost a half pound to a pound a day. Good stuff until the liver started acting up.
>>
>>7159311

>1lbs a day

Are you obese or shitting out organs?
>>
>>7159347
Obese, down from level 3 to level 1 though.
>>
File: cool.jpg (3KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
3KB, 125x120px
>>7126029

sup boys. this probably isn't true alcoholic territory, but i definitely had a drinking problem a couple months ago, would drink a six pack from the 7-11 every weeknight, usually a lot more on the weekend. most saturdays i would just stay in bed and get drunk all day.

finally decided to start going to the gym and from that I naturally decided to start counting calories and that gradually led to me cutting out all of that booze. now i don't drink more than a few beers on the weekend, most weeks I don't drink at all.

anyway, just thought i'd share, hang in there m8ys.
>>
>>7160180
>6 pack 5 days a week

Fuckin rookie
>>
I just finished undergrad today and submitted a paper to a journal, so I'm feeling weirdly successful and looking to celebrate. I don't know anything about scotch -- recs for around $40?
Thread posts: 261
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.