[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /ck/'s favorite Chinese dish? I recognize that different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12

File: China-Flag[1].png (103KB, 2000x1662px) Image search: [Google]
China-Flag[1].png
103KB, 2000x1662px
What is /ck/'s favorite Chinese dish? I recognize that different Chinese places have different dishes and some do them better than others, but what is your go-to?
>>
>>7125636
I have a few:
Chicken feet in black bean sauce
Mao pork
Buddha jumps over the wall
>>
Mongol beef
I know it'a not authentic but who gives a fuck, it's tasty and I get my protein.
>>
File: fried rice.jpg (38KB, 400x258px) Image search: [Google]
fried rice.jpg
38KB, 400x258px
it's hard picking a favorite, but fried rice is that one item i must always order with every chinese meal.

i usually get it along with some battered and fried meat drenched in sweet and sour sauce.
>>
As far as American-Chinese, in my area, yat is pretty popular. It's basically Chinese spaghetti. Udon-like noodles are tossed in a some sort of tomato sauce and with onions and sliced barbecued pork. It's one of my favs, although "pork yat" in other parts of the country is a soup dish, which I just find weird.

Another is wings with General Tso's sauce. I ask for them to be "fried hard" so that they're extra crispy then put a ladle of sauce on'em for extra deliciousness.

Also good: ham and tomato fried rice with egg.
>>
Old Sichuan Chicken or pork in chili and napa cabbage
>>
Mapo doufu and Lai wong bao are my favorites.
>>
Black pepper beef and red chili chicken is really the best for me.
>>
SHIM FLY LISE.
>>
>>7125636

Rice.
>>
I like Sichuan food. Roasted chilli flavours etc etc. Salivating chicken is nice. Also hotpot in general is good.

Other then that the eastern minority cuisines are slightly more cuminy and all around great.
>>
>>7125692
what is buddha jumps over the wall?
>>
>>7125837
http ://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+buddha+jumps+over+the+wall
>>
Peking Duck.
>>
>>7125636
>implying /ck/ here knows Chinese food
>>
>>7125636
yuxiang eggplant
bamboo shoot and pork belly
noodle in scallion infused oil

fucking dope f a m
>>
Fucking Egg Foo Young. Specifically that damn gravy they use.
>>
Of course every country chinese food is different, in Korea I like Jjajangmyeon and tangsuyook.
>>
>>7126431
American.
>>
>>7126455

Obviously. Do you expect me to be an expert on the barbecued dog dishes of the Zhejiang province?
>>
>>7126469
No, just the fact you literally don't understand what the word gravy means marks you out as American.
>>
>>7126472

And what would you call it? A brown sauce?
>>
>>7126487
Actually, yes. Not him, by the way, but that's what it's called. "Chinese brown sauce." Or, at least, that's what it's called in all English-speaking countries besides the US.
You can buy it at some grocers in the UK.
Regular/British 'brown sauce' is similar, but tangier, kinda like A1 sauce in the US.
>>
Sweet sour pork.
>>
北京烤鸭 ;^)

Actually depends if I have to make it myself then prolly a sichuan stir fry or smth.
>>
>>7125846
cool ty
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 189x199px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 189x199px
>>7125846
That sounds incredible
>>
File: DSC04665.jpg (321KB, 657x493px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04665.jpg
321KB, 657x493px
I've got a huge boner for 乾炒牛河 / beef chow fun with extra soy and chili mixed in
>>
File: f_353111_1.jpg (36KB, 535x373px) Image search: [Google]
f_353111_1.jpg
36KB, 535x373px
醃篤鮮- a Shanghai soup with salted pork, bamboo shoots, and tofu knots.
Hot soybean milk with a crispy donut.
Roasted duck or goose or squab.
Pork tongue and preserved vegetables.
Egg waffles from street vendors.
>>
>>7126472
You've marked yourself by calling Americans out as an insult. We don't give a shit about you so get over it.

Marked I am, and marked you are as well as a fuckin fagget.

Cheers!
>>
File: Chicken_Hearts-Brasil-IMG_7974.jpg (237KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken_Hearts-Brasil-IMG_7974.jpg
237KB, 1600x1066px
>>7127450
One thing the chinks never can get right is chicken hearts.
The Brasilians have that one down straight.
>>
>>7127248
It's better to use your own soy sauce. That shit the chinks use sucks the moose cocks. Use Yamasa or Kikkoman.
>>
Duck in orange sauce is something I always have when ordering Chinese. Duck is my favourite meat so I always have duck as a treat once a month maybe. Have some salt and pepper chips with it and yes. This is great.
>>
File: hong-kong-scotch-eggs.jpg (46KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
hong-kong-scotch-eggs.jpg
46KB, 600x399px
>>
File: chinaairlines.jpg (328KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
chinaairlines.jpg
328KB, 1100x733px
>>
>>7127666
>Kikkoman
>Yamasa
My nigga.
>>
My favorite is the dim sum carts on an early Sat or Sun morn in Chinatown USA, Manhattan. It's fun to do that with a girlfriend.
>>
>>7127705
>welcome to take our flight
>distinct wet tissue
>distinct
hmm?
>>
File: HongKongPhooeyWallpaper1024.jpg (214KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
HongKongPhooeyWallpaper1024.jpg
214KB, 1024x768px
>>7127704
>>
File: photo-4.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
photo-4.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
shuizhu niurou is p good
>>
>>7127917
> he doesn't charm the stewardess and doesn't get free beers.
>>
>>7127927
>tfw you get a steward
>>
File: Newport_Pleasure.png (409KB, 408x521px) Image search: [Google]
Newport_Pleasure.png
409KB, 408x521px
>>7127926
It looks like ciggy butts in there.
Nasty shit.

Now with 30% more nigger.
>>
File: rgm.jpg (37KB, 550x311px) Image search: [Google]
rgm.jpg
37KB, 550x311px
>>7125636
热干面 / Re Gan Mian/ Hot dry noodles

Could only find it in Wuhan. Usually had some pig knuckle in it, la jiao, pickled meat, scallions and other things in it I couldn't identify. Specialty of the city damn good and cheap.
>>
>>7125730
>fried hard
Are you from the mid-atlantic?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.