[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I bought a can of roasted eel. It was cheap, and I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Eel.jpg (604KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Eel.jpg
604KB, 1200x1600px
So, I bought a can of roasted eel. It was cheap, and I thought "what the hell, it's an eel sort of a day".

Turns out I don't actually know what to do with eel.

>Does it need to be cooked, or just warmed?
>Will it have bones?
>What's the flavor like?

I was thinking of sauteing it in a bit of butter and lemon, then putting it over rice.
>>
No, it says "roasted" but that is just the inscrutible chinese way of saying "raw"

If you don't boil it for 6 hours you will die
>>
>>7123331
Pretty sure this is the wrong website to be asking this question.
>>
>>7123331
you can eat it out of the can, its kind of sweet and fishy, its usually paired with sweet sausages/shiitake mushrooms and steamed with rice
>>
File: 1306504604963.jpg (87KB, 600x363px) Image search: [Google]
1306504604963.jpg
87KB, 600x363px
>>7123331
Like anon here>>7123396 said, the canned stuff is usually sweetened--either with syrup & red beans or other flavorings. If you just want to try plain roasted eel then next time grab pic-related from the freezers. It's already cooked for you so all you need is to come up with your own spices/sauces or look up a recipe. Good luck!
>>
>>7123331
It already has sauce m8 just dump it on some steamy hot rice. I like to add some chili powder for an unexpected interjection of taste sensation.
>>
>>7123331

Brace yourself for oddly dry crumbly fish substance. Eat from the can or maybe dump it on some hot rice like the other jerk said. It's not really bad, exactly, but it's about as far from proper unagi as pic related is from a juicy steak.
>>
>>7123331
Just make sushi out of it.
>>
>>7123549
Ahh holy fuck I love that stuff. Steam the shit out of it IN the package and you are good to go. Oh man oh man.
>>
>>7123331
Dont eat eel

Theyre critically endangered
>>
>>7123571
I'm a sucker for canned meats (spam, sardines, deviled ham, Vienna sausages etc) but I always pass these up in the store. Any good, have you tried them?
>>
>>7123617
It are alright but I've never heard of people just eating it. You can make amazing shit on shingles with this stuff.
>>
>>7123604
You mean lampreys?
>>
Does the canned stuff taste or smell fishy?

Usually fresh unagi from a restaurant doesn't have a fishy taste or smell. Neither does fresh tuna, but canned tuna smells like Poseidons butthole.
>>
>>7123604
First, THIS.
Second, You can eat that shit straight from the can, but it wont give you the real eel experience. Your idea with the rice is not bad though. Don't expect much from canned stuff.
>>
Talking with no experience here , but maybe on a bed of nice white rice a little soy sauce maybe a few steamed veggies
>>
>>7124432
>Usually fresh unagi from a restaurant
I'd just like to interject for a moment. In the food deserts that most of you live in, where unagi is considered an extreme food fit for one of those "weird cooking" shows on television (I can't remember any of the names as I don't own one), all restaurants serving it are getting it pre-cooked from a package.

Just letting you know.
>>
>>7127675
>I'd just like to interject for a moment
Stopped reading right there
Talk normally, faggot
>>
File: lamprey-hillary_supporters.jpg (650KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
lamprey-hillary_supporters.jpg
650KB, 1000x562px
>>7124152
Those fuckers are evil and should be killed on sight.
>>
File: 1424581954007.jpg (32KB, 425x312px) Image search: [Google]
1424581954007.jpg
32KB, 425x312px
>>7127687
>>
>>7127675
I like how you hit most of your normal points, but you failed to mention your lack of a "murder cage". How am I supposed to know how truly superior you are if you don't mention that you can't afford a car?
>>
>>7129610
>being this obsessed with your murder cage
>not even acknowledging my superior microwave-free existence
Enjoy your nutritionally depleted "food", cager.
>>
>>7123331
Get some garlic bread from an Italian joint and put that roasted eel stuff on the bread. It's works great with smoked sardines and pic related, sauries.

It'll work good in pasta too.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.