[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here tried this? I'm trying to eat healthier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Has anyone here tried this? I'm trying to eat healthier
>>
There are loads of vegetarian/vegan chili recipes. Do a bit of research.
>>
>>7121031
Read the /fit/ sticky for health advice, it covers a lot on nutrition and how to lose weight. On your specific question, the only answer is that one has more carbs and fibre, the other more protein and fat. That is not indicative of healthiness though, carbs, protein and fat are all part of a balanced diet.
>>
Western diets already consume too many grains. Eat meat.
>>
Sort of.
There's a dish similar to American chili that's made with either gnocchi-like or knödel-like dumplings. The differences are that American chili uses chili powder, which includes a large variety of various powdered chillies and includes tomatoes while the dish I'm thinking of is made with only two or three varieties of chillies and uses no tomato. It is a brighter red colour than chili, which is a bit more maroon in comparison.

Anyway, the dumplings are parboiled, tossed the spicy gravy to finish through (absorbing chili flavours along the way), often without meat at all, and served.
>>
>>7121070
this looks great. what is it? can you give us the recipe?
>>
>>7121070
Damn that sounds good. I'm making some ricotta gnudi today and I think I'll do a chili cream sauce with it. I'm sure it wont be anything like the dish you described, but I need to try it.
>>
>>7121078
More a guideline than a recipe since I seldom measure anything when I cook:

Make mashed potatoes and cool it.
Add an egg or two (or a whole egg and a yolk per 500g of potato) and whip to combine.
Add just enough flour to make a loose dough.
Form into balls and boil until just set.
Drain and set aside.

Mix some cooking fat, flour, sweet paprika, rose paprika and strong paprika in a hot pan until it just comes together into a paste.
Add veg stock to make into a gravy.
Add the potato balls and toss about until the gravy is reduced out/absorbed by the balls and thickened to desired consistency.
Season to taste.
If desired, add some thick soured cream and chopped herbs, such as chives and/or parsley, before serving.
>>
>>7121099
>boil until just set.
how long is that?
>>
>>7121031
That sounds fucking gross, and at that point has nothing to do with chilli anyway
>>
>>7121112
idklol
Maybe a minute? Certainly no more than two.
>>
File: 1386025588606.jpg (58KB, 500x611px) Image search: [Google]
1386025588606.jpg
58KB, 500x611px
>>7121052
this to be honest my f*m
gotta have that #megameatmonster protein for my high test lifestyle
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.