[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've gotten pretty good at eliminating a lot of extra salt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: apple_Tree.jpg (1MB, 3200x2315px) Image search: [Google]
apple_Tree.jpg
1MB, 3200x2315px
I've gotten pretty good at eliminating a lot of extra salt from my diet, but I'm having trouble with sugar. It's absolutely everywhere.

A single apple, and that's basically it for the day. I eat the most blandest cereals for breakfast just so I can afford to snack a bit in the afternoon.

I love how convenient oat bars are, but the majority of them are basically candy, it's terrible.

What do you guys do?
>>
>>7119185
>avoiding processed carbs
>eats boxed cereal
Fruit is good for you. Fruit isn't "sugar".
>>
File: fruits-low-glycemic-load.jpg (152KB, 844x569px) Image search: [Google]
fruits-low-glycemic-load.jpg
152KB, 844x569px
berries and cherries are pretty low sugar.
>>
>>7119199
>Fruit is good for you. Fruit isn't "sugar".
literally full of fructose, as well as glucose occasionally sucrose.
>>
>>7119199
>Fruit isn't "sugar".
100% incorrect. How did you graduate from high school? Did they just give up after you turned 30?
>>
>>7119215

Sugar isn't strictly speaking bad for you, but it needs to be accompanied by a reasonable amount of fibre in order for you blood glucose to not spike. This is why fruit is ok, but say a can of coke is not.
>>
>>7119199
are you 5.......fruit sugars arent mana from heaven, theyre chemically sugar........
>>
The better question is, why the hell would you want to do this? Who would want to remove everything enjoyable from their diet?

You'll only live 100 years even if you're the healthiest eater on earth, so why not enjoy the food while you're here?

It's not hard to eat like a glutton and still maintain a good body (165 lb skeletor here)
>>
>>7119199

simple starches (e.g. white bread, cornflakes, etc) immediately turn into glucose. it happens the very second they make contact with the enzymes in your saliva. they change further in the stomach.

in fact, your body has a harder time turning cane sugar (sucrose) into pure glucose.

sucrose = a combo of fructose and glucose. ripping apart that molecule takes more effort.

eating a bowl of cornflakes is technically worse than eating a bowl of pure table sugar. when it comes to raising your blood sugar, at least.
>>
>>7119185
This is what I have for breakfast.
One cup of aeropressed coffee with 1tbsp of coconut oil.
One avocado.
(if I'm feeling randy that morning, one small Mandarin orange)
This is how I lost 30lbs in 3 months. Well that and avoiding all processed foods, all grains, and anything with added sugar. Have to say I appreciate food a lot more and I feel sick to my stomach when I see or smell sugary processed shit.
>>
>>7119185

>eliminating a lot of extra salt

You should remember that you need a around of 2-3g a day of salt in order for your body to function properly. If you're worried about heart disease, the lowest rates where the average intake is between 3 og 6g a day. Consuming less than 3g has shown corrolation to a higher risk of heart disease than consuming more than 7g a day.
>>
>>7119228
Because, at worst, if all the health research is wrong then I've wasted a bit of effort regulating my diet. If they're right, I might avoid a few bad incidents and live longer than I would have otherwise. I do like food, but I like being alive more.
>>
>>7119244

But you'll die anyways, so I'm not seeing the difference.

You'll be a vegetable by the time you turn 90 anyways, so what's 5 more years?
>>
>>7119234
All that for 30 pounds?

I went keto for two months and lost 30 lbs, and keto sounds a lot more appealing than that. Eggs and kielbasa for breakfast, chicken breasts for lunch and steaks for dinner.
>>
>>7119255
One life is longer the other is shorter, there is an objective difference. Same reason you wouldn't want to die at 30 so you don't drink and drive even though drinking and driving is lots of fun.

My grandfather is 96 and he's not even close to bed ridden or losing his marbles.
>>
>>7119261
What do you mean all that? It was incredibly easy.
>>
>>7119282
>breakfast is one avocado and MAYBE an orange
>vs a heaping plate of 4 eggs and 1/3 a kielbasa.

> Well that and avoiding all processed foods, all grains, and anything with added sugar
so basically keto without the fun part of eating literally any amount of no carb foods.
>>
>>7119292
Keto is about fat intake not protein. Besides, that's breakfast you assumptive fuck!
>>
File: 1442950492896.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1442950492896.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>7119234
man, how do you justify avocados every day? they're like 1.50 each, and I can make a bowl of oatmeal for less than a quarter.
>>
>>7119323
keto is about carb intake. Fats don't matter; you could eat a stick of butter for dinner and lose weight

regardless of what meal it is I'd wager any keto diet would eat better than yours.Can you really top steak and shrimp for dinner with vegetables? I think not
>>
>>7119327
Because I have a job and avocados have fat, fibre, and nutrients and oatmeal has nothing. They literally feed oatmeal to animals to make them fat.
>>
>>7119329
I think you're retarded, but it's okay you're a flyover it's to be expected.
>>
>>7119334
>I don't have a comeback so he's retarded
yeah ok enjoy your avocado
which you can eat on a keto diet
>>
>>7119340
Keto is literally about having a high fat intake you mongoloid fuck. They expressly say to moderate protein intake.
Please kill yourself.
>>
>>7119393
Wrong again, keto is literally about having a low carb intake.
In having a low carb diet, most people end up eating a high fat diet. Nobody worries about getting enough fat.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.