[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homemade Candy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: DSCN3354a.jpg (249KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3354a.jpg
249KB, 1024x768px
Got any to show?

I made these.

1 dram of Raspberry flavoring (LorAnn oils)
1 stick of butter
1.5 cups powdered sugar
unsweetened baker's chocolate

Deliciously deadly.
>>
>>7118749
my mom made something similar for thanksgiving, but the insides are blended oreos
Fucking amazing.
>>
File: 1448325300960.webm (2MB, 472x442px) Image search: [Google]
1448325300960.webm
2MB, 472x442px
>>7118755
>but the insides are blended oreos
>>
>>7118787
blend up some oreos
mix with cream cheese
set in fridge
dunk in melted chocolate
set in fridge

bam
>>
>>7118798
yep I was just gonna post this.
exactly how she made them
>>
File: image.jpg (248KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248KB, 1000x669px
I fucking knew it was you still posting. I can never forget that dinnerware. God bless you for still being here
>>
>>7118801
so bad for you

but so god damn good
>>
>>7118805
Homemade bonbons are like death incarnate. You can make tons of them for super cheap. Even if you can't temper chocolate well you can just store them in the fridge/freezer.
>>
>>7118749
so i'm assuming you mix the melted butter with the powdered sugar and raspberry essence, but after that i'm not so sure where you go next.

are you letting that cook down a bit, then cooling it so you can mold the balls for dunkin?
>>
>>7118749
Would happily tuck into that.
>>
>>7118812
You melt the butter or let it warm, doesn't need to be melted really. Then mix butter, sugar, and flavoring. Add enough powdered sugar to be able to roll it into balls. Then dip into chocolate or pour over it. Temper the chocolate if you have a thermometer or just put them on wax paper and into the fridge/freezer.

You can make any flavor, including peanut butter and use any chocolate.
>>
>>7118749
Fuck man that looks good. What is baker's chocolate? Can I use any kind of chocolate?

Also could you please convert in metric sticks and cups? (Am Europoor).

I vape so I have stocked quite a lot of food grade flavorings, those candies look dank OP
>>
Not right now but i usually would. I like making candy but I dont really like eating a lot, so I never end up making as much as I want to and I'm not just gonna make shit to throw it away.
>>
File: bakers-chocolate.jpg (145KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
bakers-chocolate.jpg
145KB, 500x256px
>>7119205
Measurements don't really matter, it is more about consistency. Keep adding powdered sugar until it is just starting to have the consistency of Play-Doh/soft clay. Any chocolate is fine really.

1 stick of butter is 1/4lbs = 110g/0.11kg
1 liquid dram is 1.84mL

Baker's is a brand name. They make baking chocolates.

>>7119210
>I'm not just gonna make shit to throw it away.

Freezer and friends.
>>
>>7119276
>1 liquid dram is 3.69mL

sorry fixed
>>
what kind of candy can you make without a candy thermometer? I've been thinking some homemade candy would be a nice present to give to family, but I don't know what would be good
>>
>>7119205
>Also could you please convert in metric sticks and cups? (Am Europoor).

You're also stupid
>>
>>7119288
Most candy can be done without a thermometer. You need to use the cold glass of water method of testing things like fudge and hard candy. Tempering chocolate is a bit different since it needs to be a specific temp. Otherwise, it will get all over your fingers when it reaches room temp.

http://www.bhg.com/recipes/how-to/how-to-make-candy/
http://www.sweet2eatbaking.com/chocolate-tempering-how-to-temper-chocolate/
http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-temper-chocolate-without-a-thermometer-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-196475

There's also a no-bake type of "fudge", essentially what the OP made.

Butter
Flavoring (peanutbutter and vanilla in this case)
Confectioners’ sugar
http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/10/29/peanut-butter-fudge/

And another,

Butter
Chocolate chips.
Sweetened condensed milk
http://eugeniekitchen.com/chocolate-fudge/
>>
>>7119314
thanks man, much appreciated! that eugenie fudge looks good.
>>
>>7119302
If you think I'd use a converter myself when I can get OP to do it for me with kind words then you are the numbnuts.
>>
>>7119276
Thank you OP I love you if you are a guy I'll buy you a lifetime worth of drinks if you are a grill btw I'll marry you.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.