[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a major fan of spicy ginger ale. My fave brand is Maine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (30KB, 350x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 350x275px
I'm a major fan of spicy ginger ale. My fave brand is Maine root but it's 3 bucks a bottle if you can find it. I can't seem to find a recipe for ginger ale syrup to mix with soda water that's strong enough flavor

Tl;dr how do I get the strongest ginger concentrate out of fresh ginger root

Any advice appreciated
>>
This recipe is pretty great, regardless of what you think of AB. You can add more ginger if you want, but I think it has plenty.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/ginger-ale-recipe.html
It's not a syrup you add to soda water, you carbonate it yourself with a little yeast. Refreshing as fuck.
>>
>>7118644
samefagging
>>
>>7118651
>2 replies, 3 posters
I think not, fucko

>>7118644
I tried that, it was pretty good but there's something missing. I haven't been able to figure it out, but it's a very boring flavour compared to any ginger beer I've had before

Also, OP, try fever tree. Or maybe shiver tree, I can't remember. Very spicy and delicious
>>
>>7118894
If you want authentic ginger beer you need to ferment it yourself. Not sodashit, you faggot
>>
>>7118625
Hell yeah Maine Root rules. The other brand of ginger beer I get is Cock and Bull. Can't help your problem so here's a bump
>>
>>7118928
I've done it And it's too sweet and not strong enough ginger
>>7118894
I like fever tree but I'd like to make it at home
>>
>>7119646
Then add more ginger, shit ain't rocket science gringo.
>>
>>7118625
>I'm a major fan of spicy ginger ale

Track down some ginger beer, then. Much spicier.
>>
>>7119731
I drink that too. I just meant ginger beverages as a whole didn't wanna look pedantic by specifying ginger ale and beer
>>
>>7119655
Well I also don't like the strong yeast flavor
>>
>>7120049
It's not pedantry, they're literally two different beverages.
>>
>>7120074
Thank god someone else thinks that way. Most of my friends get annoyed when I clarify
>>
OP, Goya is one of my faves, and I think it's because it's got capsicum/capsacian in it. I like my lips to buzz.

I've made my own ginger beer (sureley there IS a difference) and you can just add a shit ton of ginger. Lemon is good. Sweetener of your choice (I like cane or agave. Honey is ok) and some baker's yeast.

I make syrup and freeze it. Make up a half gallone at a time thru the year.
>>
>>7120155
OP here: I'm gonna try brewed ginger beer again, when I did it I kinda fucked it up and it was yeasty and alcoholic so I didn't like it
Been doing some research on how best to extract ginger flavor from the root. I think I'll just use extra ginger juice
Thanks for all the advice. Definitely gonna try Goya just gotta stop at the local soda shop find out if they can special order it for me
>>
File: 20120130-189709-ginger-beer.jpg (68KB, 610x458px) Image search: [Google]
20120130-189709-ginger-beer.jpg
68KB, 610x458px
Hopefully I can contribute here.

My all time favorite is Bundaberg from Australia. It has such a deep flavor that I haven't been able to find or replicate. They have quite an involved brewing process that involves yeast and wort. It would be challenging to replicate.

I tried the home fermentation, I even bought brewer's yeast. The results were a strong ginger beverage. It lacked the mysterious good quality of the bundaberg but it had a strong ginger flavor.

This is the recipe I followed:

http://www.jeffreymorgenthaler.com/2008/how-to-make-your-own-ginger-beer/

The unexpected secret is the use of citrus juice to balance the flavor. I really like the recipe in principle though because the ingredients are so wholesome. Neglecting the high sugar content, you could make the case that it's healthy!
>>
Try buffalo rock southern spice, if you can find it. it'll melt the paint off a boat. it's seriously life changing.
>>
>>7120256
Goya is good- but it's not anything close to natural like Maine or Reeds. But it's spicy.

When I make my own, I use my buddy's vitamix, but any sort of blender/cusinart would do a good job. Cook the "ginger water" with water, strain, and add lemon and sweetener to taste.
>>
File: ginger005-3.jpg (36KB, 134x326px) Image search: [Google]
ginger005-3.jpg
36KB, 134x326px
This stuff here. Fiery, sweet, and holds its own against any alcohol you throw at it.
>>
>>7120500
>neglecting the high sugar content
Why would I neglect the absolute most unhealthy commonly-used food ingredient as a factor in considering how unhealthy a certain foodstuff is
>>
>>7121560
if you drink too much water at one time it can kill you too
>>
>>7121560
I dunno, why would you?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.