[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HUEnigger here, do Americans eat turkey only in Thanksgiving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: Turkey-10.gif (16KB, 490x572px) Image search: [Google]
Turkey-10.gif
16KB, 490x572px
HUEnigger here, do Americans eat turkey only in Thanksgiving or they eat on Christmas too? I've heard you eat chicken instead of turkey, is this true?
>>
>>7118571

The only time we ever eat turkey is thanksgiving.
>>
>>7118574
This is true. It's like a Christian sharia law.
>>
>>7118574
>>7118584
So, do you really eat just fancy chicken as your Christmas roast bird?
>>
>>7118584
its not true. Many people also eat turkey at Christmas. We always had turkey and ham at Xmas.

an to the op, yes some people do have chicken. Its cheaper, easier to do and less food if you only have a few people to feed
>>
>>7118591
Can't speak for all of america, but i usually do roast ham glazed with honey and brown sugar on christmas.
>>
File: B47jbWJCIAARrKh.jpg (37KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
B47jbWJCIAARrKh.jpg
37KB, 599x337px
>>7118571

Ham, duck or goose. I don't even like turkey, but as the Chef my family sees fit to impose on me for...running on a decade now.

>mfw I get an actual few days off and waste them cooking for people that don't even clean their plates except for my kids and wife.
>>
>>7118571
Both turkey and ham on Christmas is served. Stop believing television.
>>
>>7118591

Yes, we only eat fancy chicken as our roast bird, unless it's Thanksgiving. Everything you've heard is true.
>>
>>7118605
Enjoy eternal hell fire, m8
>>
Prime rib roast
>>
Yes. Turkey is only eaten as deli slices outside of Thanksgiving and Christmas
>>
>>7118571
Sometimes. My family use to have turkey on thanksgiving and ham on Christmas, but since we have more people in the house now we do both turkey and ham on thanksgiving and we do something like steaks on Christmas.
>>
File: 1447374442753.png (23KB, 587x466px) Image search: [Google]
1447374442753.png
23KB, 587x466px
Me dad makes us steaks
>>
>>7118661
Because it's fucking dry as hell.
Literally every turkey I've ever eaten has been dry as fuck. It's not just the person making it either.
I've been to several restaurants and every single time the turkey was dry as fuck.
Fuck that dry ass bird.
>>
>>7118584
That's only in America.
>>
eurofag here, do americans feast as heavily on christmas as during thanksgiving? just asking because the two are so close to each other. we only celebrate christmas and thats when we feast here (with ham in place of turkey)
>>
I either make ham or prime rib for Christmas depending on my budget at the time.
>>
>>7118850
>Because it's fucking dry as hell.

am i the only one who doesn't mind dry turkey?

maybe it's because i use tons of cranberry sauce and gravy to moisten the turkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4WAkECvhzI

and even without gravy, i don't mind chewing on REALLY dry and overcooked turkey like it's a piece of beef jerky.
>>
>>7118859
We feast everyday, because we can afford to. Stay yuropoor
>>
It's not true. Grocery stores take down the Thanksgiving signage from the giant piles of whole turkeys and replace it with Christmas signage.
>>
My family makes it on christmas too
>>
Ham.. Like huge canned hams. But treated specially, smoked, honey roated, pineapples, cloves etc..
>>
>>7118571
turkey for both
>>
>>7118859
yeah then we sign up for gym memberships on new years day
>>
>>7118634
My nigga
>>
>>7120820
Kek
>>
>>7118859
only christians. most jews don't. jews tend to reserve their gluttony for hanukkah. although this is not always true as many jews have married non-jews. non jews by default celebrate christmas unless they are members of some other religious group.

I mentioned this once and I got called a fedora edgelord. apparently flyovers don't realize that christianity is actually a specific belief system rather than "a thing mean people do to make me mad"
>>
>>7121216
Secularized jews also do too, presumably? The non-religious ones who only really cling to being jewish as part of their identity to avoid sinking into the morass of white people with no heritage, and otherwise are indistinguishable from non-religious people or christians who halffass it cause they don't yet feel comfortable admitting how they no longer give a shit about religion. plenty of not-actually christian people still use a christmas stripped of jesus, dude. it's pretty much what christmas is to millions of people. "jesus loves you" is some creepy shit but holidays are fun.
>>
>>7121216
What does this possibly have to do with flyovers?
>>
I eat turkey year-round. Outside of November and December, it's cheaper than chicken.
>>
>>7121322
The holiday is pre-christian anyways, there is nothing really wrong with the masses of people who don't otherwise practice the religion anymore to take part
>>
Christmas doesn't really have a specific meal unlike Thanksgiving. People just kind of make stuff, my dad's side of the family usually does beef tenderloin and my mom's side usually a ham
>>
>>7121322
just as with christians who don't go to church but still use christmas as an excuse to overeat and take time off work, jews who don't give a shit about bacon still take time off for hanukkah and prepare a huge meal.

at least that's what things are like here in NY, I think maybe things are more extreme in flyover land where the locals shoot at sikh temples because they confused them for muslims, and being jewish is for the most hard core committed die hard jews who run around with the silly hats on their bald spots and mumble in hebrew at every meal. so maybe jews in flyover land are required to say jesus loves you and put out a manger scene on their lawns, I'm not really sure.
>>
>>7118661
>Because it's fucking dry as hell.

When you make it wrong, yes.
>>
American here. Mostly everyone I know in my area (Central NJ) eat ham on christmas. Turkey isn't uncommon, and I've heard of roast beef plenty of times. Heard of duck twice also. It's whatever the family tradition is.

Basically it's anything roasted. Mostly ham though.
>>
>>7121331
Have you ever been outside New York, how did you become so fearful and bigoted toward the outside world?
>>
>>7121331
pretty much. nyjewfag here, gonna go have a hannukah deal with the senpai then cut out from that to hit my work's christmas party.
>>
File: 1102416_1280x720.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1102416_1280x720.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>7121343
bigoted people shoot at anyone who doesn't share their belief system

fear is quite rational when "the outside world" quite literally wants to, and has the means to murder you for not corresponding to their provincial ideas about "normal"
>>
>>7121352
Dude, several hundred people are shot to death a year in NYC
>>
Eat turkey during Thanksgiving as well
>>
>>7121352
But to the point, have you ever actually seen the rest of the country? It sure sounds like you haven't
>>
File: aug62012.jpg (63KB, 210x401px) Image search: [Google]
aug62012.jpg
63KB, 210x401px
>>7121357
>"It’s criminals, career criminals, killing and shooting other career criminals," [police commissioner] Bratton said last month. "The rest of the city, your chances of being a victim are very, very slim."

So basically don't be a drug dealing gang banger and you're fine. Whereas in flyover land you can get murdered for being in the general vicinity of an abortion clinic, or being the wrong religion.
>>
>>7121365
The chance of a non criminal being murdered in Neew York over the last 25 years is still way the fuck higher that the chance you are shot for believing something different in the rest of the country.

Remember, America is huge, and no matter how much your cable news station wants you to panic, murder rates for ideological reasons are extremely low, so low that its silly to even discuss them
>>
>>7121369
>no matter how much your cable news station wants you to panic
I don't own a television, stop assuming everyone is exactly like you.
>>
>>7121365
>some southerner comes to the north and murders a few indians once over 3 years ago because he apparently thought they were muslms
Yeah, thats good reason to never travel or leave a 5 block radius of your apartment. You are really digging deep here
>>
>>7121374
I travel plenty, just not to wherever it is that you live. I can guarantee you there's nothing there.
>>
>>7121385
>I travel plenty,
lol sure you do. With that xenophobic attitude, i'm sure you get along real well on your travels
>>
>>7121389
>i'm sure you get along real well on your travels
You're right about that. I have a lot more in common with cultured people in london, paris, tokyo, hong kong, and singapore than I do with hateful violent rustics
>>
>>7121394
>violent rustics
their violent crime rates are objectively lower than in your city
>>
File: mostviolentcities.jpg (63KB, 457x507px) Image search: [Google]
mostviolentcities.jpg
63KB, 457x507px
>>7121398
I don't see new york on this list, do you?

I do see a lot of flyover though. a lot.
>>
>>7121402
Your use of the term 'rustic' clearly implies rural dwellers.

That chart would be quite misleading as most midwestern cities were developed so that the vast majority of the middle and upper classes live in suburbs that are not counted in those stats (which is not the case in NY where all of the neighboring cities were incorporated into the city), if you were to at least chart the stats for metro areas rather than city-limit that would at least be meaningful or interesting

But most importantly, you should look at the rate for the entirety of flyover and compare it your city, because that is what you were talking about before
>>
File: downtown_tulsa.jpg (38KB, 940x646px) Image search: [Google]
downtown_tulsa.jpg
38KB, 940x646px
>>7121411
>Your use of the term 'rustic' clearly implies rural dwellers.

What's the unclear part to you? if you live in milwaukee or tulsa, you are a rural dweller
>>
>>7121420
If you live in the neighborhoods with those crime rates you are very clearly not a rural dweller
>>
>>7118571
Turkey and ham for Thanksgiving.
Prime rib for Christmas.
Lamb for Easter.

My mom used to make goose for Christmas most years when I was growing up but I much prefer prime rib.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.