[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to cook a goose? I don't have any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Goose_prep_0542.jpg (132KB, 900x560px) Image search: [Google]
Goose_prep_0542.jpg
132KB, 900x560px
What's the best way to cook a goose? I don't have any food, so I walked to the park and shot a goose with a pellet gun, but now I don't know what to do with it.
>>
field dress
pluck
carve
roast

but it sounds like you didn't even do the first step so now you have a rotting bird
>>
>>7116964
You've got a lot of fat and slow twitch muscle in there. If you've cooked duck before, handle it like that. If you need a brief primer: treat the breasts like you would a steak. They're fine to cook bloody and they'll like a pan sauce, something tangy made with citrus or wine, or you can cure them and end up with something remarkably like country ham. The legs will take well to slow roasting or to confit. The meat shreds well after cooking like that and you can stretch it by using it in hash or treating it like carnitas.
>>
>>7116964
>geese mate for life, you just made another goose a foreveralone
>illegal to kill
Have ye no morals?
>>
>>7117156
Those things are fucking faggots, m8.
Thanks for ridding the world of one more nuisance, OP.
>>
>>7117156
If he's poor and has no actual access to food, then he's justified.
>>
>>7117204
He has a pellet gun, which he could pawn for money to buy food with.
>>
>>7117303
>pellet gun
>$8-$15 value

Woo-hoo! I'm swimming in food money now!

Idiot.
>>
>>7117308
That will buy lots of beans and rice.
Beans and rice are a lot more healthy than murder and rape you fucking savage.
>>
>>7117303
>Caring more about animals than people

If he pawned it he couldn't get any more geese
>>
>>7117326
I'm just saying its most acceptable to hunt and kill random animals after you've assailed every other avenue and have been driven by force of hunger to predate randomly. You could wing a goose with a rock, easy.
>>
File: rxgdno1.gif (20KB, 145x150px) Image search: [Google]
rxgdno1.gif
20KB, 145x150px
>>7117317
>>
>>7117317
He isn't fucking the goose (presumably) at least refer to it as Poaching
>>
>>7117330
Yep it's sad when people choose murder and rape (meat murderers) instead of healthy balance with nature (vegetable eating).
>>
File: pls stop eating my face.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
pls stop eating my face.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>7117329
lol this level of retardation is intense

So I should sell my deer gun to get money for deer meat?
Humans are at the top of the food chain, I'll go ahead and eat whatever I feel like family.

Furthermore, shooting an animal is more often than not a much cleaner death than they would have gotten in the wild. Ever seen national geographic?
>>
>>7117361
Its not murder if its an animal. Animals are not people
>>
>>7117317
Why not go out into the woods and lecture some wolves on the evils of killing things to eat them? If they disagree, I'm sure all the cows and pigs you've saved will rush to your defense.
>>
>>7116964
i just cooked some last night, and it was about as simple as you can get.
>5 pieces of chopped bacon
>half an onion
>tablespoon chopped garlic.
>two goose breast.
>rice.

cook the bacon, onion, and garlic in a pan until the bacon gets a little crispy. chunk up the two goose breast and toss that shit in. season with whatever, cook your rice, make a gravy with the drippings and eat. it was actually really fucking good.
>>
Op show pic with time stamp of dead goose or fuck off
>>
>>7117369
what if it's an animorph?
>>
>>7117317
>>7117329
>>7117361
Fuck off retard.
>>
File: 1447702046966.png (133KB, 555x557px) Image search: [Google]
1447702046966.png
133KB, 555x557px
>>7117156
Geese are the worst fucking pest ever, should be removed on sight.
>>
>>7117156
Agreed, he should've killed both.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.