[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hot Sauce stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (69KB, 628x314px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 628x314px
So I've finally decided to stop being such a pansy and come to grips with using more chilli and spice.

Any tips on how to learn to eat spicier foods? Is there any point?

Maybe sharing any meals using spice/chilli/hot sauces would be a good starting point.
>>
I guess if you want to move up in heat levels it's like any sort of training: Practice makes perfect.

>Up the level of spice every time you make something
>Mix some hot sauce into some ketchup and as you get comfy put less ketchup
>Pour a little drop or two of hot sauce or chilli flakes into various dishes like omelettes or pasta

In short, you're going to have to deal with a burning mouth eventually but no pain, no gain.

Don't bother with insanely hot things, there's a line where flavour and taste will suffer for the heat.
>>
>real tough guy eat da spicy food zug zug
>>
File: 8018-6009.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
8018-6009.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
Is there any hot sauce that is tasty but doesn't have a huge vinegar taste with it? I've tried Tabasco, Tapatio and Cholula and they weren't really anything special. Also had Sriracha but that just tasted like ketchup to me. I heard Franks Red Hot is good but it would taste like buffalo wing sauce.

Anybody with experience in hot sauces care to chime in?
>>
>>7115511
>Is there any point?

Because it tastes good, stop being a pansy.
>>
I never cared about hot sauce until I started eating healthy. It's a godsend when you are having stuff like grilled chicken breast and broccoli for dinner all the time.
>>
>>7115586
Well vinegar is an important natural preservative in the making of any hot sauce so you'll probably be better off making your own using a less sharper vinegar.
>>
>>7115600
Such an American post.
>>
>>7115609
What about just tasty sauces in general? I just want something that is tasty.
>>
File: VALENTINA.jpg (393KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
VALENTINA.jpg
393KB, 576x432px
>>7115511
Boiled eggs with any hot sauce is god eggs.
>>
OP, I think you will like the jarred jalepenos they sell in the store. They're pickled in vinegar, but a quick rinse should make them palatable for you. They're lower in heat than a fresh jalepeno and they have a nice flavor. If you like chips, try eating the 'medium' flavor of tostitos salsa with some cheesy chips. Another thing you can do is mix is hotter sauce with dairy/cheese, so you get the heat but the burn is neutralized quickly.
>>
>>7115646
I like Franks and green tobasco. Cholua tastes like dogshit. Louisiana is okay I guess.
>>
harrissa cap bon >>> sriracha
>>
>>7115694
came here to post this. it's like 1/4 as spicy as tabasco with a god-tier flavor, so you can slather it on pretty well
>>
I ran out of Crystal so I bought some Great Value Louisiana. Haven't tried it yet, anyone know if it's any good?
>>
>>7115586
Nando's medium heat sauce
>>
Just remember, the longer you keep your hot sauce, the hotter it gets.

So if you stay a pansy and let it sit for months and months only adding the slightest drop of it, it's only going to make it worse for you.
>>
>>7115511

Don't be a try hard, if you don't enjoy spicy food that much then chances are you never will, in my experience you're born with it/grow up with it, there is no point torturing yourself.
>>
>>7115919
Harrissa home made is godtier. Is that an actual brand name?
>>
>>7117766
that's bullshit, since i didn't go chili hard till my mid-twenties.
>>
>>7117790
yep
it's fantastic
>>
>>7117766
>Being this guy

That's not even close to being true. Obviously if you grow up with it you'll have it ingrained in your cooking/palate but you can obviously learn to appreciate and use spice/heat as you grow up.

Unless you're a manchild who still doesn't eat tomatoes/mushrooms/etc
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.