[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you're eating Asian food with Asians, why do you assume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0272.jpg (123KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0272.jpg
123KB, 1200x1600px
When you're eating Asian food with Asians, why do you assume that they know everything about the food? You know there are different cuisines in Asia?
>>
>>7115216
>eating Asian food with Asians
Fuck that. How do I know they aren't going to karate me?
>>
Most people on this board legitimately can't tell the difference between a Korean and a Filipino, let alone knowing food that isn't Maruchan instant ramen.

It's unlikely you'll find many people here who know Asians IRL, other than their inflatable anime pillow waifus
>>
>>7115224

This. I couldn't be seen in public together with one of them chinese, it's bad enough they eat those disgusting rice burritos with raw fish and throw shurikens at peoples eyes.
>>
File: laughingted.jpg (17KB, 285x347px) Image search: [Google]
laughingted.jpg
17KB, 285x347px
>>7115224
>>7115228
>>7115231
aaand we're off!
>>
I been to places where they give Chinese diners a different menu to the white ones. And it looks more interesting.
>>
>>7115228
Some of us live in Asia, I'm a full blown Koreaboo
>>
>>7115255
Pls stay there. We have enough slopes in the US already.
Thanks for listening.
>>
>>7115216
I never much cared for those oriental people.
>>
>>7115255
It's easy to get full blown in Korea - especially in Itaewon.
>>
>>7115216
Western asian restaurants have pretty limited menus so it's easy for us to go around the few different places in the area and try most of the stuff. Get 3 of us in a group and our culminated food knowledge of the area will most likely be complete.
>>
>>7115216
You realise that Pakistanis are Asian?
Same goes for Afghans.
>>
>>7115274
4chan filled with ignorant and know it all western cunts. they are having yellow fever it seems.
>>
Reminds me of a story

>be thaifag
>go on date with whitey to Thai restaurant
>we both get curry
>date starts eating thai curry with chopsticks
>wtf dude, but do not say anything yet
>he says "why are you using western utensils?"
note: Thai people typically eat curry with fork in one hand, spoon in the other
>say "Thais generally just use chopstick for noodle dishes"
>he tells me something like "well I know more about japanese culture and traditions anyway"

I do not think Japs eat Jap curry with chopstick either, right? That seems ridiculous.
>>
File: 1356888949978.jpg (42KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
1356888949978.jpg
42KB, 300x280px
>>7115358
Thai restaurants (and many other Asian restaurants) have learned through experience that if a white person isn't offered chopsticks, they'll burst into treats and post on facebook about how Asians are anti-white and "we should of [sic] nuked them all".

I'm not sure why this is, it's like they're so desperate to please us that they get violently upset when their condescending efforts at being "authentic" fail miserably, and revert to their normal default state of fear, paranoia, and racism.
>>
>>7115358
THIS sums it all up
>>
>>7115376

> if a white person isn't offered chopsticks, they'll burst into treats and post on facebook about how Asians are anti-white

This is the truth, holy shit. Like people cannot comprehend that Asians don't use chopsticks all the time.
Or they try to show off their mad chopstick stills. Wow, let me show off my amazing skills at using a fucking fork.
>>
>>7115455
I live in Korea and often when I go into restaurants they bring out forks for me. I think it's just being kind, most foreigners can't use chopsticks well so they are just trying to help.
>>
File: 1410875524327s.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1410875524327s.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>7115376
>Asians are anti-white and "we should of [sic] nuked them all"
>>
>>7115466

Well yeah, that is just it. They are just being polite, but people make a huge ass deal about not being handed chopsticks.
>>
A forks fucking easier to use unless I am grilling or something like that

>Trying to pick up non-stickyrice with a chopstick
>or trying to get the last of the rice with the chopstick

this is not a grain by grain exercise you fucks
>>
File: hyde.jpg (115KB, 553x960px) Image search: [Google]
hyde.jpg
115KB, 553x960px
>>7115216
Normally its asians who pretend to know everything about a certain asian food and get offended by any wind of "appropriation".
>>
>>7115358
Your date was a retarded weeaboo who would have probably killed you if you had slept with him.
>>
>>7115216
Who is that semen demon
>>
>>7115644
this is also true. Hate that shit.
>>
>>7115644

East Asians, maybe.

SEAsians don't give a shit.
>>
>When you're eating Asian food with Asians

I don't even know any Asians.
>>
File: taco-arabe-salsa.jpg (140KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
taco-arabe-salsa.jpg
140KB, 960x1280px
>>7115644
This pretty much. Especially the chinese. They act like the food from the particular region of that enormous and culinarily diverse country that their grandma made is the only authentic (and therefore the only even remotely good) kind of food there is, everything else is "white people food" or "bastardized chinese food", even if its food from a different culture or region prepared exactly the way it is in that culture/region by a 1st generation immigrant. Same thing with mexicans. Don't even try to tell a second or third generation immigrant that flour is grown in some parts of mexico or that some regions prepare flour tortillas for any other reason than to sell them to white tourists.
>>
>>7116341
I remember going on one date with a Chinee girl, she made a big show about something at a (fairly authentic) Chinese restaurant being "Americanized" and started bitching in Mandarin at the owner about it.

Scary shit
>>
File: equality.jpg (49KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
equality.jpg
49KB, 500x750px
>>7115455
>Asians don't use chopsticks all the time.

'cause sometimes they use their hands.
>>
>>7116377
>Scary shit

how was she in the sack?
>>
>>7116380
>actually eating Chicagu stylu pitasa
>>
>be viet
>never really eat at viet restaurants with friends because we're all weebs
>dont have to worry about trivial crap
>>
>>7115358
>>7115376

>be white
>go to Asian restaurant
>try to use chopsticks to show respect for Asian culture
>catch shit from gooks anyway

This is why I don't even bother to give two shits about anybody else's "culture".
>>
>>7116380

filtered :^)
>>
>>7116414

How much of a moron do you have to be to eat curry with chopsticks?
>>
>>7116414

don't worry friend

im

>>7116395

the only people who give you shit are ones who have nothing but their culture/food

they have nothing else to be proud of
>>
>>7115216

>Asian

If you haven't tried food from at least 10 countries on the Asian continent you shouldnt be on this board.

>mfw when no one knows the difference between Hokkien and Shaanxi noodles.
>>
>>7116899
They're just noodles.
>>
honestly this thread contrasts with my experiences in life to the point that it's disturbing. i have never ever had a problem with being told off for using the wrong cutlery in the wrong context, i've never conflated one asian with all other asians, i'm well aware that i'm ignorant of east asian nationalities and culture but it's never led me to any social gaucheness.

does the problem in the OP really eist?
>>
>>7116414
They probably just don't like you as a person and are looking for any excuse to give you shit.
>>
>>7115250
The nerve of the chinese I tell ya, first they offer me a fork and now this!
>>
File: welcome-to-the-rice-fields-o.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
welcome-to-the-rice-fields-o.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>Go out on a date with Chinese girl
>Pick her up and start looking for a restaurant
>Lives in Chinese part of the city
>Nothing but Chinese food places
>Don't want to be racist
>Still really hungry

We ended up going to get Chinese food anyway for what it's worth.
>>
>>7116899
Not knowing a type of noodle with a random foreign name is completely normal. Chinese cuisine has so much variety that lots of chinese people dont know the difference.
I don't know what the hell shaanxi noodles are. I lived in china and they arent a special thing. Theres biangbiang noodles which is special in shaanxi, but google search for 陕西面 doesnt give me one particular dish.

Youre just pretentious
>>
>>7115216
>When you're eating Asian food with Asians, why do you assume that they know everything about the food?

Well, I mean, I went to the Japanese place with a Japanese woman who was quite interested in food and cooking herself.
That was kind of the point.
>>
>>7115216
Would overbang/ 10
>>
>>7115216
I'm an Asian and I don't expect white people to know how to eat and make dishes out of rabbits or deer but if I know the white guy is European, I might have a certain expectation of them knowing how to eat rabbit and deer and other meat that isn't so mainstream in America.
>>
>>7116414
I bet you'll use a chopstick to drink soup if I said its authentic lol
>>
>>7116951
>Eating chines3 food with a chinese is racism

nigga waaaaat
>>
File: harold-ramis.png (225KB, 481x304px) Image search: [Google]
harold-ramis.png
225KB, 481x304px
>>7117069
Do you swallow the white mans jism?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.