[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't we live on just cookies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1448592776977.jpg (2MB, 3293x2707px) Image search: [Google]
1448592776977.jpg
2MB, 3293x2707px
Why can't we live on just cookies?
>>
Cookies ain't a meat.
>>
If you made them from potatoes and dipped them in milk you could live on just cookies.
>>
>>7114505
You could _survive_ on just cookies.
>>
File: 250.gif (800KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
250.gif
800KB, 220x220px
>>7114530
>>
>>7114505
Make them with chunks of jerky and some vitamin gummies, top with broccoli icing.
>>
>>7114539
>Broccoli icing
Ew. Is there any other less shitty icings? Like carrots or something?
>>
>>7114544
Broccoli has more nutrients?
>>
You could survive on cookies shaped like hamburgers and make out of the same ingredients
>>
File: Buzz-falling-with-style[1].png (396KB, 771x431px) Image search: [Google]
Buzz-falling-with-style[1].png
396KB, 771x431px
CAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3337cj4sJQ
>>
>>7114518
Says you
>>
Why is Angelica pickles shitposting on /ck/
>>
>>7114553
>haiti's problem is money and government
>not the fact that these niggers are too stupid to learn how to farm with the vegetables they are given

Europe was built by the potato. Africa is built by mud cookies. seriously. niggers.
>>
You could prob get away with doing this if you took some high quality multivitamins every day, and also add extra fiber to the cookies.
>>
>>7114553
Love how he walks all over the cloth where they make their mud cookies. Primitive fucking nigger savages.
>>
>>7114669
>Haiti
>Africa
Also, that environment is clearly a fucked up city, as is a lot of Haiti.
>>
>>7116435
What's he gonna do, get them dirty?
>>
I'm pretty sure you can. They have a complete amino acid score. They're pretty damn low in protein though, so you'd need to eat a lot (like 3,000 kcal a day).
>>
Becuase they're shite for you.

s m h at people that eat sweets on a regular basis.
>>
Mh. You'd need to devise a cookie made with a high fiber flour, way less sugar, and less and darker chocolate.
Couldn't live on just that, but it could be the mainstate of a diet.
>>
>>7116590
>>7114669

Haiti used to be a thriving colony producing tons of food and shit. The niggers destroyed the island, cut all the trees to make coal, resulting in the land going to shit.

Haiti isn't a problem of money. It's what happens when you let niggers alone on an island without white/asian supervision. Same shit happened in Africa.

>> Nigger uprising
>> Cities turn from prosperous centers of progress into post apocalypse breeding ground for roaches.
>>
>>7114505
I thought cookies were an American staple, along with cheese product and IPA
>>
you could mix multi-vitamin and protein powder into a dry mix and make some sort of pastry

could, not should
>>
>>7117592
Do you spend all your days reading tweets from nig nogs you've never heard of just to giggle at their phrasing?

Or are you one of those "I speak and act like a spastic because I'm so annoying you" types?

Genuinely curious about how to spot different types of retarded folk.
>>
>made 4 batches of different cookies on Thanksgiving
>took them to work at 11 am
>worked till 11 pm
>didn't eat all day except a few cookies
>wasn't actually that hungry

MY cookies sustained me
>>
File: 1.jpg (35KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
35KB, 480x270px
>>7114505
According to WolframAlpha, a typical cookie is made out of 67.5% carbohydrate, 5.6% protein and 19.2% fat. A single 15 g cookie has about 68 calories, so to reach 2000 calories you'd have to eat 30 cookies per day. This would provide 87 g of fat (134% of RDA), 305 g of carbohydrates (102% of RDA) but only 25 g of protein (51% of RDA). Thus to get adequate protein you'd have to eat 59 cookies per day for 4035 calories, 171 g of fat (263% of RDA), 600 g of carbohydrates (200% of RDA) and 50 g of protein (100% of RDA).

You would still get a lot of vitamin deficiencies. 59 cookies would provide you with enough iron (143% of RDA), thiamin (139%), folate (111%), riboflavin (106%), niacin (106%) and probably phosphorus (96%), but would be insufficient in magnesium (66%), vitamin E (49%), calcium (39%), zinc (35%), vitamin A (26%), vitamin B6 (25%), vitamin B12 (10%) and especially vitamin C (2%).

You could still survive for at least 3-6 months until you got scurvy from the lack of vitamin C, unless you managed to eat about 3,800 cookies daily. That's about 57 kilograms of cookies (about 4 cookies per minute, 16 hours per day). This would also provide you with 91,000 calories. Unfortunately you would also get moderate-to-severe overdoses of some vitamins and minerals, namely hypervitaminosis A, hypercalcemia, hypermagnesemia, iron poisoning, and an overdose of niacin, phosphorus and zinc, with your intake levels ranging from 8 times to 80 times the tolerable upper intake level of these nutrients. If these didn't kill you, the 500 grams of salt likely would, being about twice the estimated LD50.

Overall, I would not recommend living entirely on cookies.
>>
>>7117940
How could we improve them?
Would extra eggs increase the protein or are unusual ingredients necessary?
>>
File: 1417596617871.jpg (173KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1417596617871.jpg
173KB, 1024x1024px
>>7118257
You would most importantly need to tweak the macronutrient ratio. So let's replace white flour with whole wheat flour, cut back on sugar and replace it with molasses for some extra nutrients and replace some of the butter with whole milk. Suppose we make a cookie dough with the following: 350 g whole wheat flour, 110 g whole milk, 60 g molasses, 80 g butter and 5 g salt. When baked this should make about 500 g of cookies, or 33 cookies for 15 g each. In total they would contain 2002 calories (100% of daily value), 302 g carbohydrates (101%), 50 g protein (100%), 77 g fat (119%) and 6.2 g salt (101%).

You would also be getting plenty of magnesium (159% of RDA), phosphorus (140%), thiamin (123%), vitamin B6 (112%) and a good amount of niacin (90%) and iron (86%), but the rest of your micronutrients you would have to get elsewhere. These cookies would still contain practically no vitamin C, which I think is the one whose deficiency gives symptoms the earliest. You could potentially crush multi-vitamin tablets into a powder and mix them with the cookies, though I don't know if the vitamins would survive the baking.

Maybe we could get /fit/ to fine tune the recipe and get someone to live on 33 cookies per day for a year.
>>
>>7118461
Would dried fruits like raisins add vitamin C?
>>
>>7118470
Yes, but very little. Most of the vitamin C is destroyed during drying. Grapes lose something like 90% of their vitamin C as they are dried into raisins. The high heat of baking also destroys a significant portion of the vitamin, depending on baking time and temperature.

Even if we assume no heat denaturation from baking, you would still need around 1-2 kilograms of raisins per day to get sufficient vitamin C. In other words your cookie dough would be mostly just raisins.
>>
Throw in some beef jerky or slim jims then good to go
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.