[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go on Masterchef:The Professionals >"Uhh I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: Monica_galetti_concerned.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Monica_galetti_concerned.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>Go on Masterchef:The Professionals
>"Uhh I don't know anything about pastry"

Every fucking time.

If you're going onto a cooking competition fucking learn some pastry first.

Yes I'm mad.
>>
File: luvubro.png (186KB, 399x325px) Image search: [Google]
luvubro.png
186KB, 399x325px
Same with everyone on every season on Top Chef. They never like doing desserts because none of them are "pasty chefs". Not that I'm mad, just an observation.
>>
pastry and sweets are for faggots t.b.h
>>
>>7114163
Where's your pastry, faggot?
>>
Pastry is too difficult for most chefs
>>
>>7114170
Top Chef desserts are pathetic. Especially after seeing Great British Menu desserts.
>>
>>7114163
Except Joey of course

What a fucking legend she is.
>>
>>7115616
You can just tell they want her to win, Monica was literally splooshing her pinky plushie over her food.
>>
>>7114163

What's the american equivalent of 'The great British bake-off' and what do you think of the show?
>>
>>7115622
So far she's easily the best. Blown them away right from the Skills test.

Only contender at moment is the Italian boy.

Hopefully get some more good ones in, because they've been pretty fucking shocking so far this year
>>
>>7115636
There is no American equivalent. Americans cannot cope with a show that is actually about cooking/baking and not based on drama .
>>
File: coconut.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
coconut.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>a whole coconut
>>
>>7115639
I quite liked the bald chubby dude in the first week I think.

Really enjoyed this weeks skills test with the ravioli and trotter. 1 dish that ive eaten and 1 ive tried to make.

>>7115641
This seems to be true, and I dont know why American tv is like that. Most of the American cooking shows ive seen are barely about the food.
>>
>>7115843
I think British television as a whole is generally bouyed by the fact that the beeb is so widespread. When you've got a bunch of channels that are secure enough in their funding that they can just go "we're gonna do an hour about people being nice and making cakes with no adverts", everyone else has to rein in the frantic shilling a bit.

Masterchef is a fascinating show because it runs in so many different countries. Here it's mostly like an actual knockout competition with minimal frills. At most they'll do one week where "two people go home, oh no!" and then the next week "no one goes home yay!".

Aussie masterchef is mawkish as fuck but it's also entertaining as all get out, because every Australian is basically a half cut human grill party. The NZ one is like Aussie masterchef with an extra chromosome and weirder food. The American one has ADHD and is entirely ruled by corporations. The Canuck one really wants to be like the American one but it keeps getting distracted by mild racism and hockey.

Hell, watching a couple series of masterchef is probably a great way to inoculate yourself to the culture of a country before visiting.
>>
>>7116612
I watched a few of the American masterchef, although it was a long time ago. I dont remember finding it terrible, but I certainly prefered the UK version. I guess its strange for a brit to see all the in-show advertising - "Come and select from these AMAZING Walmart ingredients".

The worst example Ive seen is Hells Kitchen. As far as I can tell, its a complete fake.
>>
>>7115843
Because drama sells. At least it does to the people who consistently watch day time television. Pure capitalism, yo. Not saying I like it. In fact, I hate it. History channel, animal planet, science channel, even the discovery and national geographic channels have all been cursed by drama. It's a damn shame, but the documentaries made for screening are still great.
>>
>>7116633
>The worst example Ive seen is Hells Kitchen. As far as I can tell, its a complete fake.
It's less a competition and more 'Housewives of Hell's Kitchen'.
>>
>>7116650
I binged watch about 3 or 4 seasons of Hells Kitchen USA. I didnt want to, but I was alone in a house for four weeks with no heating and it was snowing outside.

Anyway, you start to see the same things happen in the same episodes in each season. I think there was two season in a row where in the first episode, a contestant collapsed from a mystery condition and had to be taken off in an ambulance. Just so happened to be filming the ambulance en route.

Almost every challenge comes down to 'the decider'. Every single time. Another favourite is this - if the teams are unequal, maybe red team has 4 people, blue team has 3, and there are 3 proteins, two people in red will have to cook the same protein. Then red team have to decide which of the two dishes using the same protein get judged to make it 3v3. The person whos dish doesnt get chosen will complain that the rest of red team didnt taste it. Then Blue team will win. Then Gordon will taste the dish that red team didnt choose and tell them they would have won if they went with that dish.

Also, almost none of the winners get the actual prize they are promised. Its all fake.
>>
>>7116612
>it keeps getting distracted by mild racism

Isn't one of the hosts a gay chink?
>>
>>7116702
I remember Gordon offering someone a fucking job once.

>Come work in one of my restaurants for 80 hours a week cutting veg and washing dishes. I won't be there cooking with you of course. Working in "restruns" is for losers.
>>
>>7116750
I guess a job with Gordon depends on what you want from life. But by late twenties, if you arent already in michelin kitchens, its probably not happening for you. Im currently reading Marco Pierre White's autobiography, and its a brutal industry at the top level.

Gordon gave up on being a cook a long time ago. I cant imagine the last time he produced something that he would dare put on his tasting menu at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay.
>>
File: meme8eb7e72aecaf6ca2.jpg (164KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
meme8eb7e72aecaf6ca2.jpg
164KB, 500x500px
>>7116788
>>
>>7116788
I think the industry is a lot softer and less brutal than it was during the mid/mid-late 20th century. Probably some Frenchies who still throw pans of hot soup at people though

The winner would never have worked with Gordon. He's too busy making fake reality cooking shows to bother actually running a restaurant.
>>
>>7116800
Regardless of what /ck/ say, Marco is based. The whole knorr thing has been going on for a long time, so Im not sure why its only just been picked up. I thought that perhaps they had started showing the adverts on US television.

>>7116809
Probably true. The hours are still just as bad I guess, but the treatment is not likely so bad. MPW claimed about Mario Batali that he "broke him down, mentally and physically". Some of the other stories he gives about the treatment he received and dished out sound very unpleasant.

I dont know if people really associate Gordons restaurants with his cooking any more. Sure he has his name on the door, but he isnt there. Are those stars really his? Or are they the head chefs? I guess thats a reason I like Marco - he decided to walk away and give the stars back rather than lie and say he was cooking when he wasnt.
>>
>>7116834
>Are those stars really his?

This is what pisses me off about Masterchef sometimes. Near the end they'll sometimes have a bunch of renowned chefs and say absolute toss like "So and so has earned over 20 Michelin Stars"

No, he hasn't.
>>
>>7116834
Did Marco even cook though once he had the restaurant? It seems restaurant owners just stand at the pass, inspect the food, and let it go out if it's acceptable. The 10 other people do all the actual cooking
>>
>>7116855

I havent read the whole book, but he says at Harveys, they had such little space that everyone had to do everything. There was no meat, fish, pastry section etc. It was a group of guys who all did everything. Marco was the head chef, the rest were assistants rather than the brigade system. He says he was there all day, every day. When he got married, he did it in the morning so that he could get back for lunch service.

Although Gordon had a brigade system, he basically did the same thing though when trying to win his third star. You can see it in the documentaries Boiling Point and Beyond Boiling Point. He lived and breathed the restaurant. They were very much his stars as they were Marcos when he won them. They were both the driving force behind winning them.
>>
Gordon Ramsays 3 star on Royal Hospital Road is much better than its reputation, better than Ducasse at Dorchester. Its all Clare Smythe tho.

MPW is a dick now, his chain of steakhouses is a fukcing embarrassment. I stood next to the Oak Room last year as my bro was at the hotel and wished i was into food when it was open. At least i can have the trotter at Koffmans.
>>
>>7114163

Hey faggot it says master chef not master baker
>>
File: resize.jpg (42KB, 635x360px) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
42KB, 635x360px
This man eats the last meal you cooked. What are his comments?
>>
>>7115761
where is this from?
>>
>>7116974
I loved Restaurant Gordon Ramsay. Some of the best food I've ever eaten. I've dined at a MPW steakhouse and it certainly wasnt worth the price. Not sure what his group of pubs are like. I dont really have any problem with him doing Knorr though, its a reasonable product, I just dislike that he acts as if hes always used it when clearly thats not the case.

I keep wanting to go to Koffmans and have that pigs trotter. But knowing Marcus is next door, offering 5 courses plus extras for £50, paying £30 for a pigs trotter seems a little steep.
>>
>>7117003
>This steak is really done well, well done. I also find the Sriracha sauce brings out the meaty flavour of the steak.
>>
>>7117003

now that's what you want, isn't it. hot, greasy potatoes, lacquered on one side and leathery on the others. the chicken is just beading with juices. i don't understand this bacon nonsense in the sprouts though. i like a good english farty boiled sprout, what business has bacon to interrupt it? but these are minor quibbles with what is generally a bloody good hot dinner.
>>
>>7117003
Call me old fashioned, but I don't think cream or Knorr stockpots should be in Carbonara.
>>
>>7117003

Just slather the food in butter. Look at me, I don't know food. I just like to put things in my mouth and if it's greasy, salty, and burnt to a crisp. I'll give you that third masterchef star that you want... So you too anon can start your own knorr stock cubes.
>>
>>7114163
I was watching this shit and one fuck up couldn't even fry an egg, what the fuck is wrong with them? And what kind of serial killer wants to eat a load of shit sewn up inside a pig's skinned foot?
>>
>>7115636
Holiday/Halloween/Kids/Spring Baking Championship. It's lame compared to GBBO.

We had our own version of GBBO in 2013 but it failed. Another network will try again starting Monday.
>>
>>7116702
>I binged watch about 3 or 4 seasons of Hells Kitchen USA. I didnt want to, but I was alone in a house
With nothing but Hell's Kitchen DVDs?
>>
>>7114163
This is stupid as hell. I've binge-watched Masterchef US recently and it's amazing how people are unprepared every fucking season. How do you audition for a show and not at least watch a couple of seasons to know what they're looking for? It's really formulaic. I've been thinking that any regular jackass could probably get far in the show by studying only how to make the standards they pull out every season: salmon, NY strip, apple pie, layer cake, eggs benedict, lobster, etc.
>>
>>7115761
man you don't have to even know how to cook KD to know when your fingers are in danger, this better be fake as fuck
>>
>>7115636
I don't know your original show, but there is one hosted by Jeff Foxworthy, I think it's called American baking competition or some shit, it's alright. But it's full of home bakers. Kings of Pastry is a pretty good watch also.
>>
>>7117298
I was going through mental and physical torture and severely lacked inspiration to find anything else to watch.
>>
>>7116612
>no adverts
nigger, the whole thing is an advert
the judging chefs all have restaurants, columns or books
the contestants all have either their own business, or they work for one.. and there is always a segment showing where they work. it's not mentioned by name but people in the area will work it out

even the produce used is advertising for that produce

the critics all get a good old advertise, as do the chefs table

wake up, it's all advertising

sports is all sponsorship and advertising too, and music

everyone on chat shows has something to sell
>>
>>7118280
:/
>>
>>7117003

I don't like onions so your spaghetti gets a 1 out of 10
>>
>>7117003

Bring me solo
>>
>>7118280
I do agree with you to some extent, but I do think GBBO is better than most. Sure ther'll be one or two of the more marketable contestants every year that release books or get a column, but on the majority do seem to be more genuine people with genuine lives. It's usually not even the winners that get a career out of the publicity
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.