[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Minor emergency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Sausage biscuits and gravy.jpg (126KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sausage biscuits and gravy.jpg
126KB, 1600x1200px
HALP! I was planning on making sausage biscuits and gravy for lunch today. I just realized I don't have any flour to make roux.

Would substituting bread crumbs or corn muffin mix work? Or should I just cook the sausage as patties and eat them w/ biscuits and no gravy?
>>
>>7112951

use corn starch...
>>
>>7112954
I like to think if had that he would have mentioned it.
>>
>>7112956
>>7112954
apparently cornstarch is super rare in Britain at least.

OP mighta forgot that its used as a thickener though.

Your better off going without the gravy or finding some flour because gravy is king.
>>
>>7112960

>Biscuit
>Calling a scone a biscuit.

You're aware they call cookies biscuits in Britain right?

I've never once heard an English person say they've eaten this food... it's a Southern State yank thing.
>>
>>7112954
Yeah, no corn starch. Amerifart, so nothing is open today.
>>
File: ACM.jpg (43KB, 550x466px) Image search: [Google]
ACM.jpg
43KB, 550x466px
>>7112956

Most people forget they have this in the pantry... I always do. That's why I have half a dozen boxes of it.
>>
File: Brandongif.gif (512KB, 227x252px) Image search: [Google]
Brandongif.gif
512KB, 227x252px
>>7112969

>nothing is open in a Country that's not America celebrating an American holiday
>American self hatred THIS profound

I go to work on Boxing Day, do you?
>>
>>7112960
Cornstarch in britain is called Cornflour, for reasons I have to admit are pretty dumb.

It's not rare, you can buy it anywhere - we're just not that used to cooking with it.
>>
>>7112966
wasn't thinking of semantics I was just coming up with scenarios why OP wouldn't have corn starch and Europe was the first thing that came to mind.

>>7112969
Go to a gas station. At least 1 is bound to have some flour.
>>
>>7112977

It's called corn flour, because that's what it is.
>>
>>7112976

BTFO
>>
>>7112979
Yea, gas stations or walmart.
Theres still a few retail places in america that don't give a fuck about employees having time with thier familes.
>>
>>7112993

Or people that aren't Christians...like Indians, Chinese, Japanese, Natives certainly aren't celebrating this day....
>>
Yeah, guess I'm making sausage and biscuit sandwiches instead.

ps. Why do 90% of /ck/ threads turn into USA vs Europe shitposting? Its tiring.
>>
>>7113004
Thanskgiving has literally nothing to do with Christianity.

I could make the argument that neither does Christmas but thats grasping at straws.
>>
>>7113004
Thanksgiving is a secular holiday. I'm an atheist and I celebrate it.
>>
>>7113004
>Thanksgiving
>Christian holiday

>mfw
>mfw no face
>>
>>7113005
It's been getting worse. And it will never get better. After eight years here, I think I'm almost done coming back. It's exhausting.
>>
>>7113005
I wasn't trying to make a shitpost, was just pointing out I recall a Britain friend of mine saying that there's no cornstarch in Britain.
>>
>>7113010

>Pilgrims left Europe because of Religious persecution
>Nothing to do with Christianity.

>>7113011

Are you Vegan too? Do tell me more.

>>7113012

See my first response
>>
>>7112951
how are you able to make biscuits without flour?
>>
>>7112951
Bread crumbs could work.

You'd have to unbake and unknead it first though.
>>
>>7113127
I used frozen biscuits. I don't bake.
>>
>>7113010
>>7113012
>>7113011

Thanksgiving is absolutely a Christian holiday. It can be celebrated as a secular holiday but it's at its core a Christian holiday.

>Americans commonly trace the Thanksgiving holiday to a 1621 celebration at the Plymouth Plantation, where the settlers held a harvest feast after a successful growing season. Autumn or early winter feasts continued sporadically in later years, first as an impromptu religious observance, and later as a civil tradition.

> President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national day of "Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens", to be celebrated on the last Thursday in November.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.