[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of this pizza, /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 281
Thread images: 23

File: 111.jpg (395KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
395KB, 1600x1200px
What do you think of this pizza, /ck/?
>>
ooh
>>
Is that tater tots and nacho cheese?
>>
>>7112559

what does it fucking look like you stupid nigger
>>
>>7112576
i'm not him but this is why i love being Anonymous. no one in real life can ever know of my dark side...
>>
>>7112546
Looks pretty good desu. I love having my 'za loaded with toppings. Would eat

Waiting for the buttmad europoors
>>
>>7112581
Yeah, it is pretty great...

you nigger
>>
>>7112581
You talk to nobody in real life neet fag.
>>
>>7112581

>implying I don't have the balls to say this in real life
>>
>>7112546
I work at Toppers. That's the loaded totza.

>Ranch base sauce
>Motz
>Bacon bits
>Tots

Cook

>Green onions
>Nacho drizzle
>>
>>7112576
Looks like tatertots and mustard.
>>
File: 1448424811601.jpg (30KB, 480x282px) Image search: [Google]
1448424811601.jpg
30KB, 480x282px
>>7112546
>needing two kinds of sauce to make your pizza bearable

Jesus fucking christ, you're a clown.
>>
>>7112576

tater tots and nacho cheese
>>
>>7112644
It's bretty gud.

The dipping sauce is unnecessary though. Sometimes our thin crusts need it though. The one I make on break a lot is:

Thin crust
Mild buffalo/ranch mix
Pineapple
Green pepper
Diced tomato
Cheese
Banana peppers
>>
>>7112546
looks like it comes from a slightly over priced yet good quality franchise pizza joint. i would eat this
>>
>>7112546
>mama-mia-marinara
You guys are human trash.
>>
>>7112546
anyone who likes nacho cheese should drown themselves with it
>>
File: 1441922771442.jpg (161KB, 1100x729px) Image search: [Google]
1441922771442.jpg
161KB, 1100x729px
how the hell do I make such puffy 'za dough at home ?
>>
>>7112546
Vegetarian pizza?
>>
>>7112790
We proof our dough in a fridge for a whole 24 - 36 hours. Our ovens run at 460 and it takes 6 minutes for a pizza to go through.

>>7112699
Yes. There is also Dude Ranch, Sacre Bleu Cheese, Zany Parmesean Garlic, and the Bacon Honey Mustard has a flying pig on it.
>>
>>7112790
>>7112880
To add to this I can go to work later tomorrow if you want and take a picture of the instructions. Heads up though it makes 50 lbs of dough so you will have to scale obviously.
>>
File: IMG_20151126_205514298.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151126_205514298.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
home made
comfy desu in real life, my cam sux
>>
>>7112890
yea but how do you prepare the dough ? Any special techniques ? What flour
>>
@7112581

Dont you mean.... Ure DANK side xD
>>
>>7112546
The crust looks good, but the topping combo looks like diabetes.
>>
>>7112790

Learn how to use your broiler to cook your pizza, and if you know how to make a decent dough, you'll get a nice bubbly crust almost as good as a wood fired crust.
>>
>>7112953
We use a docker on the dough when we stretch it a little bit. Makes it fluffy. The flour is NOT special. It's packaged just for us but it's generic bulk flour.
>>
>>7112581
Embarrassing
>>
File: 1347649978274s.jpg (4KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1347649978274s.jpg
4KB, 250x187px
do not want
>>
Looks delicious.
>>
>>7113247
>almost as good as good as wood fired crust
>almost
>>
>>7113378
Better than ANY commercial non-wood fired pizza, anon.

All in your own home.
>>
>>7112880
>proof our dough
I looked this up and I'm not exactly sure what it means. Is it just dough rising/resting?
>>
>>7113510
Proofing is the second resting/rising period just prior to baking.

For most breads you mix, knead, rise, punch down, knead a bit more, shape, proof, bake.
>>
>Toppers
>not the El Cubano

Jesus, man. You went full retard.
>>
>>7112790
Okay, what the fuck is that?
>>
>>7112546
I don't agree with sauce poured onto pizza but it looks edible
>>
File: whyohwhy.jpg (41KB, 560x432px) Image search: [Google]
whyohwhy.jpg
41KB, 560x432px
that garbage looks like a man child's wet dream
>>
>>7112546
>orange meme cheese
>processed, franchise "pizza"

Yanks eat the most disgusting things. If anyone needs further proof of that, lurk their Thanksgiving feast thread. It is pathetic and cringe-worthy. That's the pinnacle of their cuisine and nearly all of the pictures they posted look like prison food.

I can't believe they consider themselves a first world nation. South Americans probably eat better than they do.
>>
File: i dare you to eat me.jpg (12KB, 182x162px) Image search: [Google]
i dare you to eat me.jpg
12KB, 182x162px
>>7112546
this little guy is creeping me out
>>
>>7114345
Sure, Nigel.

Sure.
>>
>>7112546
Is it from New York?
>>
>>7112608
l feel like anyone who serves cheesy tots at a job would contemplate suicide regularly.

I remember one time I ordered at Sonic at the drive in, then the guy asked, "would you like cheesy tots with that?" I sort of sat there, and completed my order. After hearing that I questioned what I was doing with my life ordering this horse shit and just bailed before the food got to me.
>>
>>7114484
You're retarded.
>>
>he thinks that toastada is a pizza
>>
File: ChrisMugshot.jpg (64KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
ChrisMugshot.jpg
64KB, 480x600px
>Nacho "cheese" on top of regular cheese
absolutely haram
>>
>>7114297
Inside out cow stomach you sack of cat crap
>>
>>7112546
Why does it look like they sprinkled flour all over it ~10minutes before getting it out of the oven?
>>
Had the chance to eat at Toppers on a road trip once. Garbage pizza but for some reason i'm nostalgic for it, I've planned out road trips just to hit a toppers from eastern PA. One day I;m gonna do it
>>
>>7114688
go big or go home
>>
My pizza (cooked) dough usually has alcohol/fermented taste if I leave it to rise too long. Any tips ?
>>
Toppers is greasy shit
>>
should have gotten topper stix instead
>>
>>7112546
I think you'd best be baked as fuck
>>
>>7115056
get good?
>>
File: 5758-29416-28990.jpg (24KB, 167x168px) Image search: [Google]
5758-29416-28990.jpg
24KB, 167x168px
>>7112546
Do not want
>>
File: puke.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
puke.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>potatoes on pizza
>>
>>7114297
A diseased ball sack
>>
>>7112546
Looks like some white trash worked really hard to remove any trace of that pizza's Italian heritage. I can't even call that pizza anymore.

Looked up Toppers to see where the fuck this shit is from. Founded in Illinois, headquartered in Wisconsin. That's about where I'd expect tofind the kind of people who think ranch dressing, tater tots and nacho cheese belong on pizza.
>>
>>7117951
lol - if doesn't fit your personal definition of pizza then millions of people are dumb and wrong, right?

You fucking child.
>>
>>7117961
not that guy, but he's right

wisconsin is where food traditions go to get murdered

just look at the bulk "parmesan" they shit out

of course you can't say that to a wisconsinite. if you have any kind of issue with their food abortions, it makes you a traitor to this country who will stop at nothing short of the total annihilation of all americans everywhere
>>
>>7117961
>if doesn't fit your personal definition of pizza then millions of people are dumb and wrong, right?
Not at all. It shows what a different fucking world the Midwest is in terms of food from other parts of the country. Aside from Chicago there isn't much Italian-American influence, and even less actual Italian. So pizza can be anything, and when it was introduced to the region not by Italian-Americans, but by chains like Pizza Hut and Domino's the starting point was already pretty far from the origins. And the pizza in OP pic comes from a place where adults eat things like tater tots and nacho cheese without a second thought.

I can't even get to dumb and wrong in my thought process because I'm too morbidly fascinated.
>>
>>7117970
>pasteurized cheese
says it all really....
>>
>>7117970
My wife is originally from Wisconsin. I read her your post. Her response: "The people there are REALLY defensive about the awful food they eat."
>>
Toppers is probably the best chain
>>
>>7117951
yeah, everyone should make pizza the exact same way and have only one type, then the world would be better
>>
>>7117994
People in other states are eating Pizza Hut instead of Toppers, so I think Wisconsin wins this one
>>
>>7118037
>everyone should make pizza the exact same way
I don't think that at all. I'm just fascinated that someone could live in a world where things like ranch dressing, tater tots and nacho cheese seem like a good idea to put on pizza. I guess you have to live there to get it, but to me that's as absurd as putting chili on spaghetti. (And I know that's a thing, too).
>>7118045
>I think Wisconsin wins this one
I can't tell which is supposed to be better or worse. Both Pizza Hut and Toppers are bizarre to me, though I'm sure in the Midwest everyone insists they're "normal". Really weird concept of normal there.
>>
>>7118045
>trailer trash arguing over regional fast food junk
it's all the same shit, it's unbelievable that you consider them worth distinguishing.
>>
>>7118064
>where things like ranch dressing, tater tots and nacho cheese seem like a good idea to put on pizza
You make it sound like this is a typical pizza, this is one of their 15 or so specialty pizza ranging from pretty normal to cuban sandwich themed. I think its great when people try making interesting novel things, but I am a person who likes trying new things in general
> putting chili on spaghetti
Never tried that before, but I have no clue why you would consider it loathsome, sounds like it should work ok, I bet it would hardly change anything

Do you seriously think the pizza scene is any different in any northern city? Every city has a shit ton of local places making all sorts of style and all sorts of chains too (Toppers is much better than any of the national chains of course though it costs significantly more). Americans overall eat a ridiculous amount of pizza, just because one city on the east coast had a lot of super poor italians immigrate there 150 years ago has no real relevance on the pizza available today
>>
>>7118087
>Do you seriously think the pizza scene is any different in any northern city?
Totally depends on the level of Italian/Italian-American influence there, and whether that city has established regional styles. (Even in Italy Roman pizza is a different animal than Neapolitan). The pizza you find in New Haven, Brooklyn and South Jersey slice joints tends to be very similar, but it bears little resemblance to what you'll find in St Louis or Iowa City. Sure, the chain joints are the same across the country, but regional styles vary widely.

It's just when the pizza becomes completely decoupled from its Italian origins that things seem weird to me. Things start happening that strike me as "just because you can doesn't mean you should."
>its great when people try making interesting novel things
I agree with you, but when the goal seems to be making the most obscenely over the top junk food I'll pass. We're not even talking quality ingredients here. It's shit like tater tots and nacho cheese, "taco sauce", "taco meat", tortilla chips, ranch dressing, mac & cheese, Buffalo chicken... and you get a "Dippin' sauce" to go with it. The "pizza" has just become an edible plate to hold fantasies of garbage tier gluttony.

That's an entirely different thing than what I understand pizza to be.
>>
>>7112608
pizza that doesn't have a tomato sauce base is pig disgusting 99% of the time

I don't know how people can eat something with fucking RANCH as a base
>>
>>7118133
>Totally depends on the level of Italian/Italian-American influence there, and whether that city has established regional styles.
It would suck to live in a place where all the local places are pretty much the same, around be they specialize in all sorts of styles, its nice to have variety
>>
>>7118133
>It's just when the pizza becomes completely decoupled from its Italian origins that things seem weird to me.
I just couldn't care less about its origins, I just like eating things that taste good and trying new things. Its not like Toppers offering a tater tot pizza makes their other more traditional pizzas any worse, its just another option

Also, their best sauce by far is the chipotle ranch, I am not normally a person who has opinions about ranch (as so many others seem to), but drizzling a little bit of that stuff on the tater tot one is pretty good
>>
Why did Toppers discontinue their cheese steak pizza? It was so good
>>
>>7118148
I agree with the wording of your post, but not the sprit
Where I live, I can easily have top notch neapolitan style, neapolitan-american style, roman, new york, chicago, and some weirder stuff.

But that's not what you mean, is it? What you mean by "variety" is you can have your ranch on the side OR in a dipping tray. You can have toppers OR pizza hut. You can have buffalo crust OR "cheese" (sic) stuffed.

This is disgusting to me, but I'm sure you'll consider me worse than ISIS for saying so.
>>
>>7118148
If I wanted junk food style pizza I could order from a chain. Where I live there are four regional styles, so there's variety. But I don't eat much junk food, so when I get pizza it's usually from a brick oven joint that uses fresh cheese instead of the low moisture stuff. Pizza doesn't HAVE to be junk food.

I'd rather pay for good quality ingredients than just pile on more and more low quality "toppings" (which is the Pizza Hut model).
>>
>>7118156
>Its not like Toppers offering a tater tot pizza makes their other more traditional pizzas any worse, its just another option
I just read their menu. There are only two pizzas that resemble anything "traditional", and they're more in the Pizza Hut vein than Italian-American.
>their best sauce by far is the chipotle ranch
I can believe that, but fail to see why that could possibly be a good thing.
>>
>>7118158
>But that's not what you mean, is it?
No, thats exactly what I mean
>>
>>7118177
>I can believe that, but fail to see why that could possibly be a good thing.
It goes very well with potato, I wouldn't ever associate ranch with a regular pizza, but it goes pretty well with some more obscure styles
>>
>>7118229
Nope. In your head, you think that is food, but it's just Aramark-tier chemical slop.
>>
>>7118238
As someone who has not eaten nacho cheese, tater tots or ranch dressing since I realized these things were disgusting sometime in my late teens I have no idea what you're talking about. To me it seems like the whole point od this kind of food is that deliciousness comes from piling on more and more garbage level ingredients until a critical mass of fat, salt and sugar is achieved. Like a fat 12 year old's wet dream.

That's not the kind of food I ever want to eat. Poor quality ingredients don't magically become good quality just because you use as many of them as you can.
>>
>>7118262
yeah fried potato is so disgusting, you got me
>>
>>7118262
Toppers uses pretty good ingredients, its noticeably higher quality than any of the national chains, on par with most small local place
>>
>>7118288
I've been to the midwest and I've been to those "small local places" you describe

they are still disgusting because the locals have no frame of reference for what's good and what isn't

just because the menu is hand written and there aren't any black people working there and they have your favorite brand of regional canned soda doesn't fix the shit quality ingredients
>>
>>7118285
20% of all potatoes grown are made into freedom fries.
>>
>>7118296
>and there aren't any black people working there
lol, you clearly haven't been to the midwest if you think this is a concern

It sounds like your entire concept of the Midwest is based off of movies from the 70s
>>
>>7118296
>doesn't fix the shit quality ingredients
So anything that uses potato is automatically shit? I don't even know what you are talking about anymore
>>
>>7118336
What movies from the 70s even exist about the midwest? Was it field of dreams? Was that about the midwest in the 70s? I think I might have seen part of it on a plane once

My concept of the midwest is based on living in four different midwestern states and visiting there on a regular basis to this day

I'm sorry you're feeling so defensive about your terrible pizza
>>
>>7118285
I'm fine with fried potatoes, I just don't need sugar in them, don't want to eat disodium dihydro pyrophosphate and have no interest in whatever the fuck "natural flavors" is supposed to mean. "Fun shapes" or not I want to part of that bullshit.
>>7118288
>Toppers uses pretty good ingredients
Pepperoni, low moisture mozzarella, commodity grade chicken, tater tots, canned pineapple, nacho cheese and ranch dressing are not quality ingredients. The fact that you come from a place where they are considered quality is what's so fascinating to me.
>>
>>7118342
Clearly you feel very strongly about potatoes, but try to accept that a single south american tuber isn't to blame for wisconsin pizza being shit, any more than california is to blame for wisconsin "cheese" being shit
>>
>>7118350
>don't want to eat disodium dihydro pyrophosphate
oh, so you are one of those uneducated chemophobes

Let me guess, you also hate MSG, vaccines, gluten, and GMOs
>>
>>7118350
what the fuck do you want them to make pizza with then?
>>
>>7118354
there is a very high probability that your pizza is made with Wisconsin cheese regardless of which state you live in
>>
>>7118364
the pizza I most frequently eat is made with locally made mozzarella, so, no. I don't live in wisconsin therefore "locally" does not mean "in the state that ruins cheese"
>>
>>7118354
Are you that same guy that always gets mad about Wisconsin in every cheese thread? Please stop
>>
>>7118367
>the pizza I most frequently eat is made with locally made mozzarella
Ha, I am sure it is, but its rather uncommon to find pizza places using local cheese outside the upper midwest
>"in the state that ruins cheese"
California?
>>
>>7118344
Do your own research, child of the double oughts.
>>
>>7118344
You've lived in the Midwest and I've lived on the Moon.
>>
>>7118344
>My concept of the midwest is based on living in four different midwestern states
Which 4 cities? Because the Midwest you describe does not sound anything like the actual midwest in 2015
>>
>>7118350

>hurr only good foods are natural

I bet you pay extra for shitty organic food too.
>>
>>7118376
>but its rather uncommon to find pizza places using local cheese outside the upper midwest
Not on the east coast
>California?
No, I'm not from there, but don't let me stop you from fantasizing that everyone who disagrees with you is from Europe and California simultaneously
>>7118369
Are you "at least we're not the south" guy? Please stop.
>>
>>7118381
Minneapolis, Chicago, Cleveland, and New Jersey
>>
>>7118382
If I had the PS3/Eating shit comic, I'd post it in reply to this post.
>>
>>7118383
I bring up California because they are the king of process cheese and skim milk, while a majority of America's well made and artisan cheese is from Wisconsin and nearby areas
>>
>>7118392
>while a majority of America's well made and artisan cheese is from Wisconsin and nearby areas
>>
>>7118383
>Not on the east coast
This just isn't true, your city is not some special place unlike every other, its almost exactly the same as every other northern city. I am sure you can find a few trendy hipster places where the cook sources the mozzarella locally, but this is not common at all
>>
>>7118383
>that everyone who disagrees with you is from Europe
What does this even mean? Europe hadn't even been mentioned at all?
>>
>>7118396
Its a factually true statement, no other state even has close to that marketshare. Vermont and New York are the only places that even make a dent, but its just a fraction of what Wisconsin does
>>
>>7118391
Really, you could take any picture of a retard and post it in reply to yours.
>>
>>7118409
But that's just wrong. It's almost impossible to find non-mass-produced wisconsin cheese, period. Especially outside of wisconsin.

Whereas california and the northeast have an international reputation for quality cheese. Yes. Not just national. International.

If you want to argue about this more, I'll be back later, but I have to go now. Enjoy your bland perfectly white pasterurize-process cheese food, wisconsin. Everyone knows you consider visible mold and actual textures, smells, and flavors to be manufacturing defects.
>>
>>7118411
lol
>>
>>7112546

It looks like tater tots and nacho cheese
>>
>>7118359
>>7118382
I just use the industrial food science lab as an indicator of quality. If there's ingredients I wouldn't put in if I were making it myself I don't buy it. Because it's a product made from the cheapest possible ingredients designed for things like shelf stability, then flavorings are added to cover up the fact it has no taste of its own after the cheap ingredients were processed. I make enough money that I don't have to eat that shit.
>>7118361
Ingredients. You know, flour, yeast, water, salt, olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, cheese (made from water, salt, milk, rennet and citric acid) and maybe some fresh basil leaves tossed on when it comes out of the oven. It's not hard. You don't need the food science lab to make pizza. But you do need it if you want to make really cheap junkfood pizza.
>>
>>7112546
Heres my homemade pizza, thoughts?
Marinara w/ cayenne pepper, spinach/kale, sautéed bell peppers, pepperoni cut in strips, feta cheese.
>>
>>7118428
>It's almost impossible to find non-mass-produced wisconsin cheese, period.
Holland's Family Cheese, Thorp, WI. Not useful for pizza, but excellent stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>7118442
>>7112546
Forgot pic
>>
>>7118442
>>7118454
not my cup of tea at all but I'm sure you like it so who gives a fuck what I think
>>
>>7118428
>It's almost impossible to find non-mass-produced wisconsin cheese, period. Especially outside of wisconsin.
No it's not. I have some Hidden Springs Driftless and some Carr Valley cave aged Marisa in my fridge right now and in dont live in Wisconsin.
>>
>>7118428
Also, wanted to say that one of the only american cheeses exported to France, Pleasant Ridge Reserve, comes from Wisconsin
>>
>>7118439
>Because it's a product made from the cheapest possible ingredients designed for things like shelf stability, then flavorings are added to cover up the fact it has no taste
So things can't be flavored with flavoring because thats bad?
This is such a ridiculous thing to be upset over, all that matters is that it tastes good, it doesn't need to be only "natural" as though that means anything at all
>>
>>7118439
>cheese (made from water, salt, milk, rennet and citric acid)
Are you seriously going to argue Toppers doesn't use cheese on their pizza? That is factually incorrect
>>
>>7118428
>california and the northeast have an international reputation for quality cheese
Stop dude, there is literally no one besides you who is into cheese and considers California a mark of quality
>>
>>7118568
>So things can't be flavored with flavoring because thats bad?
It's not "bad", but it's an indicator of poor quality. Good quality ingredients are flavorful, poor quality ingredients much less so, if at all. So when a product requires natural and/or artificial flavorings to give it some taste that's a dead giveaway it's made from poor quality ingredients and is thus poor quality food.

I'm in the position where I can choose not to eat poor quality food. I don't think it tastes good. To me it tastes weird and fake (like Doritos). So I don't eat that shit.

>>7118576
>Are you seriously going to argue Toppers doesn't use cheese on their pizza?
Not at all. Of course they use cheese, it's just not very good cheese. I'd rather have no cheese than crappy cheese.
>>
>>7118638
>It's not "bad", but it's an indicator of poor quality.
Having preservatives and flavor is not an inherently bad thing, this is a really baseless way of thinking. You are just using the term "quality" to mean things you approve of, you aren't using any objective sense of the term. They formulate their products to taste good, just because something has salt doesn't make it "not quality"

Also, their cheese is perfectly suited for pizza
>>
>>7112614
>>7112546
A small part of me was wishing it was mustard. I love mustard.
>>
>>7114484
Fuck you dude

Cheesy tots are love
>>
>>7118700
The have a Cuban sandwich like pizza with mustard
>>
>>7118686
>You are just using the term "quality" to mean things you approve of, you aren't using any objective sense of the term.
Not quite. For most of history the taste of something was an indicator of quality. You could tell whether food was ripe or fresh by the taste of it. And this also served as an indicator of nutrition. A ripe, fresh tomato is more nutritious than an unripe one, and unsurprisingly it also tastes better.

But today we live in a world where we can make extruded corn taste like tacos and cheese. We can make sugar water more appealing than fresh fruit. We can make food with very little nutritional value as flavorful as very nutritious fresh food. That's quite an accomplishment, but not something I want to participate in.

Yeah, we can make marginal food taste like quality stuff. But still why eat it if you have the option of quality stuff? And how do you tell the difference? It's pretty easy - just look at the ingredients. If you see artificial or "natural" flavors you know you're not dealing with a quality product, because quality food doesn't need them.

If you want to eat the garbage because we've finally figured out how to make it flavorful go ahead. I'd rather not as long as I have the option of doing so.
>>
>>7118740
If you can't tell whether something is fresh by tasting it, then freshness is not a relevant mark of quality for that product

If you don't want to eat good things for health reasons thats cool, but just state it like that, you are acting like you are some superior being because you are a helth induced picky eater.

Personally I prefer to use taste as a merit rather than what I perceive to be natural and healthy at the expense of taste. I can do this because of a thing called exercise which allows me to eat a pretty wide variety of food

Seriously, stop being a picky eater and enjoy life
>>
>>7118740
Stop pretending like salt and fat doesn't make things taste even better regardless of their initial "quality"
>>
>>7118783
>If you can't tell whether something is fresh by tasting it, then freshness is not a relevant mark of quality for that product
I would argue that such a product should probably be avoided, because it's only marginally food in the first place.
>you are acting like you are some superior being
If not wanting to eat what comes from the cheap food science lab stuff they feed to prisoners, the military and public school kids because I have access to more recognizable fresh food is acting "superior" your bar for that seems set pretty low.

>Personally I prefer to use taste as a merit rather than what I perceive to be natural and healthy at the expense of taste.
Living in a world where food flavor can be manipulated to make valueless food appealing I'd prefer to just avoid the stuff. And not just for health reasons. It's kind of like McDonald's - once you get out of the habit of eating it, then come back to it you realize it doesn't taste good. Yet you used to think it was tasty. I found the same thing when I stopped eating artificially flavored food. It just doesn't taste good to me, so fuck it. And that's kind of a blessing in disguise, because that shit isn't terribly good to be eating in the first place.

>stop being a picky eater and enjoy life
I can enjoy life without eating garbage.
>>
>>7118822
Please post a picture of what you consider "Acceptable real natural healthy pizza"
>>
>>7118791
Of course salt and fat taste good. But more of each does not equal better food. That's the kind of overkill the pizza in OP's pic represents. At a certain point you just sail off the edge into ridiculousness. Putting tater tots, ranch dressing and nacho cheese on a pizza more than qualifies, in my book.
>>
>>7118827
I don't have to. There's already one here >>7117703
>>
>>7118840
>But more of each does not equal better food
Well there is a point at which this is true, but there are very few "fresh" foods that cannot be improved by adding salt and fat

Maybe you would rather just eat tomatoes like apples for the sake of freshness and to avoid processing, but they objectively taste way the fuck better as a part of pizza
I just don't get why you think potato cannot be a worthwhile topping on a pizza, I understand you don't approve of nacho cheese, I think it works in this usage though I rarely consume it otherwise, and what does ranch have to do with anything? Its not even on this pizza, but you treat it as some sort of boogeyman. I really do not understand the backlash ranch faces from people like you
>>
>>7118846
lol, do you seriosuly think >>7117703
would taste better than the OP

Faux authentic pizza that you support is mediocre as fuck, I mean its not bad by any means, I would gladly eat one if given to me for free, but its never gonna taste as good as real pizza
>>
>>7118852
Not liking ranch dressing, tater tots or nacho cheese, I suspect I would find the pizza in OP pic disgusting. It looks disgusting to me.
>>
File: bbqplatter.jpg (852KB, 2200x1467px) Image search: [Google]
bbqplatter.jpg
852KB, 2200x1467px
>>7118740
>A ripe, fresh tomato is more nutritious than an unripe one, and unsurprisingly it also tastes better.
Go fuck yourself, that isn't how it worked at all.
A fresh tomato is better than a spoiled one, since a spoiled one won't be sold.
A tomato stores well.
The same can't be said for meat, various vegetables, and other stuff.

Remember this isn't fresh versus less fresh. This is fresh versus preserved tomato.
A fresh cucumber is in some ways better than the one preserved in brine(pickles), and before canned food, you ended up with a very large amount of brined food. And a very large amount of Jam, flour, etc.

Meat had to be dried in salt to even last more than a few days after butchering. Everything else had to be used.
And when you are living of preserved food for 60% of the year, those first few days of fresh harvest is glorious.
>>
>>7118857
>The same can't be said for meat, various vegetables, and other stuff.
Our chicken has become so flavorless they have to add flavorings to it. This is a function of how it's raised, and the breed used. But it's cheap, and that lack of flavor is the price we pay for cheap food in general. And that cheap shit has become the standard. Now it takes some effort to avoid it.
>>
>>7118855
you sound like a terribly picky eater, how do you dislike so many mundane things? There is very little offensive about any of those
>>
>>7118873
>There is very little offensive about any of those
Confirmed for someone who doesn't read the ingredients of the products he buys.
>>
>>7118882
Oh No! Scary chemicals!
>>
>>7118882
It looks like someone never took for biochem in college
>>
You nancy boys need to take a lesson from Code Talker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FqpqQgbZYM
>>
>>7117961
>lol - if doesn't fit your personal definition of pizza then millions of people are dumb and wrong, right?

Yes, anon, MILLIONS of people are dumb as fuck, AND wrong, about a great many things.
>>
>>7118524

That's because France does a great job of protecting their markets from foreign competition, unlike the U.S..
>>
>>7118568
>This is such a ridiculous thing to be upset over, all that matters is that it tastes good

Enjoy your future diabetes.
>>
>>7119141
>implying mercantilism is a good economic philosophy

It just screws over the local consumers
>>
File: keep-calm-and-goodbye-vagina.png (29KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-goodbye-vagina.png
29KB, 600x700px
>>7112608
>>
>>7119144
You don't have to avoid all food with fat, salt or sugar to avoid getting diabetes
>>
>>7118889
>>7118890
I did great in biochem. Better to avoid sketchy shit when you can. A little of it won't kill you, but a steady diet of it can't be doing you any good. And sketch shit in the food has become the norm at chain restaurants and in our supermarkets. Even independent places getting their stuff from shit purveyors like Sysco and US Foods are serving up similar levels of garbage.

It's very cheap to buy flavorless stuff to which flavor has been added after the fact. And it's easy to manage a larder full of stuff that doesn't go bad and can be assembled into foodlike substances by minimally trained employees.

But given that there are still other options is that stuff really what you want to eat? My guess is the only folks who say yes either don't give a fuck about food or have never had better, so they don't know what they're missing. (Unfortunately we're at a point where that could well be most of the country).
>>
>>7119475
>but a steady diet of it can't be doing you any good
Pretty sure no one was advocating that your diet should primarily be pizza
>>
File: 1115151458.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1115151458.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
Posting pizza
>>
File: pizza.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Posting another pizza
>>
>>7119475
I don't eat pizza every day and get an adequate amount of exercise so I am more concerned with eating the best tasting pizza rather than the most minimalist bland pizza I can find for health reasons as you advocate
>>
>>7119485
No, but there are plenty of folks out there eating more than one meal a day that's loaded with preservatives and artificial flavorings.
>>
>>7119572
there is no evidence eating things with preservatives should be avoided, just eat a balanced diet and don't eat too much relative to how much you exercise, You do not have to only eat bland "fresh things" to be healthy

This is such an arbitrary, meaningless philosophy to base your diet on
>>
>>7119584
>bland "fresh things"

confirmed for never, ever eating anything fresh
>>
>>7119586
you can dice up a tomato and eat it fresh, it will objectively never taste as good like this as it does as pizza
>>
>>7114688
"regular" is not a type of cheese.
>>
>>7119636
it is in the context of pizza
>>
File: 1432848023637.jpg (10KB, 171x294px) Image search: [Google]
1432848023637.jpg
10KB, 171x294px
>>7112608
>>7112608

>ranch base sauce
>>
>>7119667
why would that possibly be bad?
>>
>>7119701
Maybe because ranch dressing is pig disgusting?
>>
>>7119805
its objectively good tasting

It is really fucking illogical to not like something designed with things we specifically evolved to perceive as delicious
>>
>>7112546
Probably tastes fuckin good.
But I don't care.
What I do care about is little dicksuckers like you shitting up MY board.

Let me ask you a fuckin question are you a virgin, buddy?
>>
File: the kerm.jpg (14KB, 272x285px) Image search: [Google]
the kerm.jpg
14KB, 272x285px
>>7119871
>>
>>7119812
>ranch dressing
>objectively good tasting
This is what Midwesterners actually believe
>>
>>7120456
It's mayo + good seasonings and buttermilk....what isn't to love
>>
>>7120507
>what isn't to love
If it were homemade mayo with buttermilk, fresh herbs and a little garlic I'd agree with you. But that's not what you get when you buy ranch dressing. What's sold as ranch dressing is a seriously degraded product. It's soybean oil, water, egg yolk, sugar, salt, buttermilk, natural flavors (soy), spices and less than 1 percent of dried garlic, dried onion, vinegar, phosphoric acid, xanthan gum, modified food starch, monosodium glutamate, artificial flavors, disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate - basically a sweetened soy mayo thickened with gum and starch, then flavored with dehydrated shit, MSG and some mystery natural and artificial flavors. And some preservatives thrown in for good measure.

What you have there is a pretty good idea produced using the cheapest possible ingredients, then with extra flavorings added to try to cover up the fundamental crappiness of the result. It ends up tasting cheap and synthetic because that's what it is.

Now extend this to most of the other toppings on the pizza and what you get is clusterfuck of cheap synthetic flavors piled up on top of each other.

Claiming that's delicious just means your reference point for delicious is cheap synthetic flavors because you're used to eating poor quality industrially produced food. Enjoy it if that's your thing. I wouldn't touch it with a stick.
>>
>>7120456
its straight up genetics, we are literally programmed to think it tastes good
>>
>>7121431
Please stop with the natural is good fallacy

Just because you cannot comprehend what some simple chemicals do does not make any food prepared with them bad, none of the stuff you mentioned is bad, it merely shows your ignorance
>>
>>7120507
Personally, I find many ranch dressings to be too strong and too rich. But a nice smooth mild flavored ranch is great
>>
>>7121456
>it merely shows your ignorance
I grew up in the suburbs eating garbage like that and thinking it was delicious. It wasn't until I stopped eating it for a while then went back and tried it again that it tasted terrible, because I'd gotten used to better food.

I'm not saying natural is better. I'm just saying industrially produced food made from the cheapest possible ingredients, then loaded up with flavorings and preservatives tastes like the cheap crap it is. Unless it's most of what you eat, then it tastes "normal".

I'm not saying highly processed food is bad. It can be fucking delicious. But the cheap mass produced stuff rarely is.
>>
>>7121474
its fucking ranch dressing, it is made out of chemicals our tongues evolved to perceive as tasting good, sounds like your problems with it are psychological in nature
>>
File: img_1078.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
img_1078.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>7121488
>our tongues evolved to perceive as tasting good
by that argument not liking antifreeze is "purely psychological in nature"

sorry but not everyone was raised by trailer trash, some of us actually dislike the taste, texture, and smell of shit quality junk food.
>>
>>7121488
>it is made out of chemicals our tongues evolved to perceive as tasting good
That's the kind of quaintly misguided thinking that gave us Betty Crocker and Doritos. Just pummel the taste buds with simple flavors we know people respond positively to and call it delicious. No reason to bother with nuance or complexity. That's too hard to fake, and the average schlub doesn't give a fuck anyways.

Look at all the foods that command high prices. Good examples of chocolate, coffee, wine, charcuterie, cheese, dry aged steaks, mushrooms, spirits - what do they have in common? They have complex flavors in some kind of nuanced balance. They're not just simple flavors we've evolved to like.

If all you expect out of food is simple flavors we've evolved to like you're setting the bar awfully low. May as well eat McDonald's.
>>
>>7121502
>by that argument not liking antifreeze is "purely psychological in nature"
I never tried anti-freeze, but from what I have heard it does taste good, thats why they often put bittering agents in it
>>
>>7121502
Just educated yourself on what those ingredients do, they are all there for a legitimate reason

I don't even consume ranch dressing often, but your stance against it because 'chemicals' is so ridiculous and naive that I had to say something as a chemist
>>
>>7121516
>because 'chemicals'
>this is what joey-tier trashfood lovers actually believe
It's shit because it tastes like shit.

You know why I don't want to eat foods with HFCS? Because it's 110% guaranteed that whatever food has it, is shit food. Just like I don't want to live in a neighborhood with fucking pawn shops everywhere. It's not because I have something against trading goods for currency, although someone like you would no doubt claim otherwise.
>>
>>7121533
So you won't eat anything with added sugar?

Or you are only against certain kinds of added sugar with names that sound less natural?
>>
>>7121516
>what those ingredients do, they are all there for a legitimate reason
Of course. Some are there to modify the disgusting taste and texture of the cheap base ingredients into something palatable, others assure the product can sit around for years without going bad. Ohfuckingyes! I so want to eat that.
>>7121533
>You know why I don't want to eat foods with HFCS? Because it's 110% guaranteed that whatever food has it, is shit food.
This x 100.
>>
>>7121540
I don't eat cheap junk food, period.

Show me a quality patisserie or chocolatier that uses HFCS. I'll wait a little extra so you can look up those words.

Oh wait, you can't, because they don't exist, inb4 you claim your horrid tastykake abortions are just as good as Balthazar or Ansel.
>>
>>7121548
Why are you so concerned with what the base ingredients taste like on their own? You are eating the finished product, all of the ingredients are part of it, you should be concerned with how the actual product tastes, not how it would taste if some of the ingredients weren't there
>others assure the product can sit around for years without going bad
This in unequivocally a good thing for humanity
>>
>>7121552
>Show me a quality patisserie or chocolatier that uses HFCS. I
Thats just a marketing thing, the people selling cane sugary have done an amazing job demonizing corn sugar
>>
>>7121554
>No one can tell the difference between the tastes of honey, maple syrup, HFCS, and cane sugar. They are literally all the same. But everyone can discern and have highly developed opinions about every hair-splitting difference between Wendy's and McDonalds shitfood, and these differences are worth having 300+ post threads about on a daily basis
This is you
>>
>>7121559
yeah, I didn't say any of that
>>
>>7121553
>you should be concerned with how the actual product tastes
That's it exactly. Food made from cheap ingredients, then adjusted for flavor and texture with flavorings and gums ends up without any complexity or nuance. Fresh made food using good ingredients contains far more trace chemicals that provide subtlety and complexity to the taste. A strawberry has far more going on in the way of flavor than artificial strawberry flavoring. And if you're used to the taste of strawberries something with artificial strawberry flavor will taste flat, cheap and synthetic. There is no nuance.

>the product can sit around for years without going bad
>This in unequivocally a good thing for humanity
I'd made the case it isn't, because the kind of foods designed to sit around for years without going bad are almost always the kinds of foods a steady diet of leads to obesity and type II diabetes. You rarely see good food loaded up with preservatives, it's almost always garbage tier stuff.
>>7121552
>inb4 you claim your horrid tastykake abortions are just as good as Balthazar or Ansel.
Again, this. I really think the only people who consider cheap mass produced food delicious are those who know nothing better, so they assume there isn't anything better out there. If the best croissant you've ever had was from Dunkin' Donuts or Panera Bread you haven't really had a croissant, so you have no idea what the big deal is about fresh food made from quality ingredients.
>>
>>7121599
Do you seriously believe that a trendy faux authentic pizza would taste better than this?
>>7112546
>>
>>7121631
>trendy faux authentic pizza
I have no idea what that is, but I have several wood fired brick oven pizza places near me that make absolutely delicious Neapolitan pizza from quality ingredients. I guess I'm spoiled, but the pizza in OP pic looks disgusting to me.

As I stated before in this thread I think tater tots, nacho cheese and ranch dressing are all pretty gross. Piling three cheap, nasty ingredients on top of a pizza does not magically transform them into something delicious. But I guess someone who likes that kind of stuff and is impressed by overkill would love it.
>>
>>7121654
>but the pizza in OP pic looks disgusting to me.
You sound like a real fun person
>>
>>7121744
>if you don't like to eat cheap junk food you're no fun
I'm not the guy you're arguing with, but I take pleasure in eating good food. I take no pleasure in shit food and nobody I know considers that kind of thing "fun"

I realize there are people who are hostile to quality food because they feel they should need to act in a certain way while eating it, on penalty of being accused of having bad manners. That's an entirely separate issue from the enjoyment of the food, and in most cases if you have basic human decency and don't bark at the staff like they're dogs (which I have found to be a problem sometimes when dining with lower class people), it's all good
>>
File: diabetesbelt.jpg (30KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
diabetesbelt.jpg
30KB, 500x339px
>>7121744
I seriously think this is a regional thing. In some parts of the country eating garbage is considered fun, and it's something people get together to do. Probably overlaps with this map to some degree.
>>
Why did you pick the most disgusting Toppers Pizza to show off to 4chan?

Jesus christ where are you I'm going to come kick your ass.

The toppers near my w9rk gives us free pizza sometimes though. They do it f9r a lot of businesses.
>>
>>7121910
Every once in a while the one near me calls us business of the week or something like that and we all get 25% off everything for the week, pretty cool. Much better tasting than any of the other chains but equally more expensive
>>
>>7121753
>I realize there are people who are hostile to quality food
Im being inclusive, not hostile. I think there is a time for novelty pizza, it tastes pretty good, a lot of other things taste good too. You should be a little less worried about looking like a flyover and just eat things that taste good once in a while.

If you can't even imagine yourself eating fried potato or dipping said potato in a little ranch because they are both "disgusting" thats a pretty shallow life, you don't have to base all your meals around impressing those around you
>>
>>7121945
>thats a pretty shallow life, you don't have to base all your meals around impressing those around you
This is where you misunderstand. You can't imagine anyone could find tater tots dunked in ranch dressing anything but delicious, so you assume their reason for not eating that have to be pretentious. A fear of looking lowbrow is not the only reason someone may choose not to indulge in something trashy that you happen to find delicious. There are plenty of folks out there who legitimately find this shit disgusting, because they don't eat highly processed, artificially flavored food on a regular basis, so it tastes gross to them.

In your world this is "normal" food, and you probably eat it often enough that it's like a guilty pleasure. But not everyone lives in your world. For some of us those same flavors and textures would be jarring, off-putting and unpleasant. Because for us none of that stuff is normal food.
>>
>>7122002
>Because for us none of that stuff is normal food.
Meant to say, "For some of us that stuff is not normal food".
>>
>>7122002
its very obviously pretention
>>
>>7122002
>For some of us those same flavors and textures would be jarring, off-putting and unpleasant
This is just a ridiculous statement. No one could ever describe fried potato as such with a straight face
>>
>>7122029
I'm so glad I don't live in your world where eating garbage is normal.
>>7122034
>No one could ever describe fried potato as such with a straight face
Agreed. But the idea of a tater tot dunked in ranch dressing or nacho cheese makes me cringe.
>>
File: tater-tots-ingred.jpg (54KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
tater-tots-ingred.jpg
54KB, 420x600px
>>7122034
>fried potato
flyover please
>>
>>7122048
what are you even trying to say?
>>
>>7122047
Is hating ranch a meme now? How did this start?
>>
>>7122058
I am calling attention to your attempt at pretending that these are the same thing and anyone who considers that different from a potato, cut up and fried, is being pretentious
>>
>>7122061
So a trace of a few things to make it taste better makes it worse than a potato even though it is literally a potato?
>>
>>7122065
yes. that and getting pre-ground, stuffed in a freezer bag, stored for months, and then microwaved.

I realize these are trivial differences to you, but some people actually notice.
>>
>>7122060
>How did this start?
Around the time ranch dressing started appearing on pizza. This has become a thing over the last decade or two, and it's fucking disgusting. And it seems to have originated with Midwest pizza chains.

It's not normal - it's fucking gross.
>>
>>7122072
note we were talking at a pizza place so they were likely fried on location, and not microwaved

But its not like microwaves magically make food worse, but if you are to "classy" for microwaves, I don't even know what to say, your entire philosophy sounds too ridiculous to actually exist

So in your world you can only eat vegetables that are fresh from the field and have never been shipped or frozen, nor cut more than moments before being consumed. Any salt, fat, sugar added makes them flyover shit, and especially no ingredients with names that are too complicated for you to understand.
>>
>>7122072
>that and getting pre-ground, stuffed in a freezer bag, stored for months, and then microwaved.
This. Potatoes are delicious. Why fuck them up like that?
>>
>>7122082
Are you just afraid to try new things? Its not like tomato sauce is sacred, a white sauce clearly works better with certain combinations of pizza toppings

Also, Toppers is primarily marketed to college kids, not traditional flyover families who mostly stick to more traditional pizza
>>
>>7122088
>a pizza place that delivers weird mystery "dipping sauce" in single serve plastic containers
>fried on location
rather unlikely
>>
>>7122103
>weird mystery "dipping sauce"
What are you even talking about? How is marinara sauce either weird or mysterious?

Also, what sort of container would you prefer they include sauces in for delivery?

Restaurants of all quality tiers usually fry their own stuff, not microwave them, thats just not a thing
>>
>>7122116
franchise fast food places generally get everything in prepared bulk freezer bags, other than what comes out of cans or bins/boxes

the pre-fried potatoes are most likely fished out of a freezer bag and scattered on top of the pizza before baking

it's still gross

>Also, what sort of container would you prefer they include sauces in for delivery?

I don't really care, because I wouldn't order from them. The point is, that is clearly a factory sealed container, which means it's not a place that has a guy whose job it is to stand there dicing potatoes and preparing sauces on the spot. everything comes from a distribution center.

now it's your turn to move the goalposts and say "but bulk frozen foods from distribution centers are perfectly delicious, anyone who thinks food tastes better when it's cooked that day is just pretending in order to impress people"
>>
>>7122088
>if you are to "classy" for microwaves
Defensive much? Is it too much to understand that someone who never buys heat and eat meals might not have any use for a microwave?
>So in your world you can only eat vegetables that are fresh from the field and have never been shipped or frozen, nor cut more than moments before being consumed.
That's pretty much what you're paying for when you shop at a farmer's market or take part in a CSA, isn't it?
>>
>>7122125
Who cares where something is made if it taste good?
>>
>>7122128
he doesn't know what a CSA is, and his "farmers markets" are monoculture garbage selling the exact same stuff they sell at IGA
>>
>>7122128
>Is it too much to understand that someone who never buys heat and eat meals might not have any use for a microwave?
Yes because who the fuck doesn't at least have leftovers that need heating, or do you refuse to eat even things you prepare if more than 1 hour has lapsed from preparation
>>
>>7122134
who cares about hypotheticals, when it doesn't taste good?
>>
>>7122128
>That's pretty much what you're paying for when you shop at a farmer's market or take part in a CSA, isn't it?
So basically you will buy into anything that markets itself as fresh even when it is exactly the same product
>>
>>7122144
but it does taste good.
>>
>>7122128
You realize preparing pizza sauce at all is processing it

By your logic you could only eat straight up raw tomato
>>
>>7122154
to someone with no experience of good food, no doubt it does
>>
>>7122136
>>7122150
get a load of this inb4
>>
>>7122163
>no experience of good food
Says the guy who thinks being organic and natural is a good thing

This isn't even a matter of opinion, pizza tastes good, even the shitty cheap ones to a lesser extent
>>
>>7122169
you're arguing with two different people, and also putting words in the other guy's mouth
>to a lesser extent
I'm sure after a 100 mile bike ride I'd find it pretty delicious, but under normal circumstances, when I'm my body isn't craving as many carbs as possible at any cost, I don't find your garbage pizza delicious at all.
>>
>>7122177
Well originally you were arguing it was disgusting, not its not quite delicious

No one ever made the claim that this stuff was amazing, or the best pizza ever, just that your claim of it being disgusting was ridiculous
>>
>>7122169
Last time I had Little Caesar’s it legitimately tasted bad. Also I've had too much chain pizza that had a crust as sweet as typical donut bread (before topped with sugar granules or glaze, which is still way too sweet for pizza). In these ways and various others, pizza is not always good.
>>
>>7122100
>Are you just afraid to try new things?
Depends on what those new things are. The latest flavor of Doritos or some junkfood creation from a chain restaurant? I'll pass. I grew up in the suburbs. I'd consumed a lifetime's worth of garbage before I turned 21.
>>7122116
>Also, what sort of container would you prefer they include sauces in for delivery?
This is a mystery to me: since when does pizza require extra sauce on the side?
>>7122137
>Yes because who the fuck doesn't at least have leftovers that need heating
I usually cook as much food as I need for a given meal, but when I have leftovers I find a pan with a lid or wrapped in foil and tossed into the oven both work fine for reheating. Don't need one more thing taking up counter space.
>>7122150
>So basically you will buy into anything that markets itself as fresh even when it is exactly the same product
No. That's why I hate Whole Foods. But I very much like having a personal relationship with the farmers who grow my food, and I'm willing to pay a little extra for that. I'd rather eat stuff picked a day or two ago than something that's been sitting in the supermarket's walk in for god knows how long.
>>
>>7122180
I haven't changed my argument. it is disgusting.

I got these samples of cyclic branched maltodextrin from this supplement shop I order from sometimes. it's fucking nasty. I don't buy stuff like that but they sent me a bunch and hey free shit, right?

guess what, it doesn't taste so bad when you're wrecked after a heavy training session and you need anything, ANYTHING in your stomach.

doesn't mean I'm going to go on the internet and say that anyone who doesn't think it's better than chateau yquem is a pretentious asshole
>>
>>7122190
>I grew up in the suburbs
as pretty much all people with decent parents did
>>
>>7122190
>I'd rather eat stuff picked a day or two ago than something that's been sitting in the supermarket's walk in for god knows how long.
but when the food is qualitatively equal, who gives a fuck?
>>
>>7122199
>Having a supplement shop
>>
>>7122208
>but when the food is qualitatively equal, who gives a fuck?
It isn't. A potato dug fresh from the ground has a different taste and texture than one that's been kept under refrigeration for weeks or months, and is very different from one that has been frozen. That goes double for tomatoes.
>>7122161
>You realize preparing pizza sauce at all is processing it
I'm not against processed foods. Some of the most delicious foods out there are highly processed. But they're made from good ingredients, which is why they taste so good. But when you start with garbage ingredients you end up in a garbage in, garbage out scenario. You can try to cover it up with extra salt, sugar and natural and artificial flavors, but that only gets you so far. It's still garbage.
>>
>>7122230
>You can try to cover it up with extra salt, sugar and natural and artificial flavors, but that only gets you so far. It's still garbage.
you realize chains use these flavors to make things taste better because it works, not because it tastes bad without them

Especially at a place like Toppers where price is not a selling point, they have to make it taste as good as possible and provide a variety of choice to compete with the national chains which are much cheaper
>>
>>7112546

It's probably good, but on the outside it just looks sad. Not attractive at all.

Like you.
>>
>>7122230
tomatoes I can understand, but potatoes dont have much water, freezing them doesnt affect them much
>>
>>7122237
>ou realize chains use these flavors to make things taste better because it works
It works on people who like eating food from chain restaurants. The people for whom it doesn't work are not eating at chain restaurants unless they're traveling and can't find any other option. Then they eat that kind of food and are reminded why they avoid chain restaurants as a rule.
>>
>>7122264
>potatoes dont have much water, freezing them doesnt affect them much
You're way off there. It actually improves them for making fries, but renders them useless for boiling.
>>
>>7122266
It works on people with human genes who have tongues, these are things with chemical pathways designed to signal pleasurable taste

Also for me Toppers is a post-bar time place or work group lunch delivery. Apparently situations which you do not encounter as your very specific set of rules would disallow almost everything convenient for those situations
>>
>>7117699
That's not puke
>>
>>7122287
>It works on people with human genes who have tongues, these are things with chemical pathways designed to signal pleasurable taste
There you go, assuming everyone lives in your little world. Not all of us do. And sorry to break it to you, but there are people living in the same country as you who think your "normal" is gross.

>Apparently situations which you do not encounter as your very specific set of rules would disallow almost everything convenient for those situations
You may find this hard to believe, but some people live in cities where they have so many options conveniently available to them that they could go for years or even decades without eating pizza from a chain.
>>
>>7122315
>There you go, assuming everyone lives in your little world
if by my little word, you mean humanity. You are clearly living a very odd sheltered life
>>
>>7122315
What is your favorite local pizza place that uses all fresh local ingredients and is open til 3am?
>>
>>7112546
TOPPERS.

It was okay. Got to be too greasy for me personally but I don't normally eat greasy foods so I'm sure I just wasn't used to all of the fat.
>>
>>7122371
Toby's - not the best, but the best within walking distance from me.
>>
>>7122363
>my little world is humanity
you're that guy who always says that people who disagree with you are trolls because no sane person could possibly have a different point of view on things than you.

it's you, isn't it?
>>
>>7122482
He's from Wisconsin. People are not allowed to have their own opinions about food there. You have to be a "regular guy" and eat only "normal" food. There's a good chance he's never experienced anything other than chain restaurants and groceries from the supermarket.
>>
>>7122504
>You have to be a "regular guy" and eat only "normal" food
Pretty sure I said the exact opposite, I said you should try all sorts of stuff, and not be concerned with the popularity of that product amongst people you don't like or whether it looks cool
>groceries from the supermarket.
Yeah, god forbid someone buy groceries at the grocery store
>>
>>7122504
>There's a good chance he's never experienced anything other than chain restaurants
Are you that guy who always gets upset about flyover though he has clearly never been there with statements like that? I live in Minneapolis, I have plenty of great restaurants to choose from that I go to often
>>
File: localpizza - Copy.jpg (79KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
localpizza - Copy.jpg
79KB, 960x720px
>>
>>7122579
No, I'm the other guy in this thread, I'm always being accused of making "statements like that" without having been to flyover, despite having lived in Minneapolis among other parts of the midwest.

Good on you for getting Pizza Lola ranked as one of the best in the nation by the NY Post, though. Things are improving from the dark days when you ran Sameulson and Vongerichten out of the state with a pitchfork and torch mob. See? Flyovers can have nice things too, you just need to stop shooting at people who don't look and think and talk exactly like you ;)

Maybe the Wisconsin Internet Defense Force guy can take a lesson from you, but Minnesota has always had a progressive streak unlike your neighbors to the souteast.
>>
>>7122607
Minnesota and Wisconsin are basically the same thing
>>
>>7122607
Why are you always so mad at Wisconsin though?
>>
>>7122617
I'm not, you're just unbelievably defensive about your shit food
>>
>>7122573
>I said you should try all sorts of stuff
Yet you can't believe it's possible for someone to think something you like is disgusting? What's the thinking behind that? If you don't say you junk food you're either a liar or being pretentious? Because everybody has to like junk food, and if they don't they're just being elitist?

That sounds like some really crazy regional prejudice to me.

>>7122573
>god forbid someone buy groceries at the grocery store
It's great for junk food, utility produce, canned and dried food and commodity grade meat and dairy. Most of what they sell is poor quality food, with a few OK things here and there. But little if anything in the way of really good quality ingredients, and rarely anything fresh and local unless you're lucky.

You can limp along just fine if a supermarket is all you've got, but you're not going to do very well for stuff like produce, seafood, nicer cuts of meat, cheese, bread and imported products like olive oil, coffee and spices. Fresh herbs are even a challenge to find at many supermarkets.
>>
>>7122579
>I live in Minneapolis, I have plenty of great restaurants to choose from that I go to often
Been to some of them. I have family in Maple Grove. You guys have great restaurants and specialty shops. But am I wrong to think there are not too many "deals" there? My experience has been that good stuff is easy to find if you have enough dough to drop, and everyone who doesn't just eats crap.
>>
>>7122640
>Yet you can't believe it's possible for someone to think something you like is disgusting
I think it is unreasonably picky for you to assume it would be disgusting because it has a little ranch and potato on it
>>
>>7122673
white people in the upper midwest are pretty well off, so yeah the stuff isn't particularly cheap but its still available to a very large chunk of the population
>>
>>7122640
So you go to specialty stores for almost all of your food? That seems like quite a hassle for such a tiny increase in quality, or are the grocery stores by you just particularly shitty?
>>
>>7122637
Everytime anything about the midwest comes up you start going off about Wisconsin (and often when it hasn't come up at all), then people saying you are wrong and acting weird makes everyone else defensive. Its just the natural response toward people with your attitude
>>
>>7122686
Here we go, at least we're not the south right?

Walk through the Eagan Byerly's and look at all the white (yes white) ham planets causing rifts to open in the spacetime continuum as they scrape event horizons.

Those white people got fat because they either can't afford, or more likely aren't willing to prioritize good food. In most cases because they share your attitude about good food being an elitist fashion item strictly useful for showing off and certainly not enjoying. They'd rather spend their money on jet skis and souped up 4x4s they use to drive to the local mega-church.

You have to venture into dangerous commie neighborhoods like Uptown and Lyn-Lake to find white people who have standards for what they will put into their mouths, and who are not in abysmal shape.
>>
>>7122702
>Here we go, at least we're not the south right?
Whats with the random non-sequitur? How did my post even imply anything about the south to you?

>In most cases because they share your attitude about good food being an elitist fashion item
I eat good food all the time, I just don't see my self as too holy to occasionally have pizza
> drive to the local mega-church.
Megachurches are very uncommon in the upper midwest, mostly apathetic catholics and a little less apathetic lutherans and the Lutheran churhces are usually quite small (though very numerous), the catholic ones have grown in size recently because of their priest shortage but not anything like what would be considered a megachurch

You have a very oddly warped view of people, statistically people here are less fat than the nation as a whole, sure there are plenty of fat people as there are everywhere but this is usually do to utter lack of exercise and overeating, not because of not being able to afford good food (and good food and healthy food do not often align as you clearly want to imply)
>>
>>7122682
>picky for you to assume it would be disgusting because it has a little ranch and potato on it
And fucking nacho cheese. That combination puts it over the top into disgusting. Then, just in case it wasn't enough of a fat bomb there's still mozzarella and fucking bacon! Then a side of ranch to dip it in.

Sorry, dude, but that sounds fucking disgusting. That makes Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza seem not disgusting by comparison.

>>7122690
>So you go to specialty stores for almost all of your food?
Yeah, though during the summer I rely pretty heavily on my CSA and farmers' markets. I'm spoiled though. I live in a place where I can get pretty much anything I want within a few miles of where I live.
>That seems like quite a hassle
Hardly. There are more butchers and greengrocers than I can count within a seven block radius of where I live, in addition to three supermarkets if I need them. I don't even need to get into the car unless I need something from the Middle Eastern or the Italian stores.
>are the grocery stores by you just particularly shitty?
One Mexican, one Chinese and one generic white people supermarket. They're not bad, but for most items I can easily beat them for price or quality, often both. I'm not buying any convenience food, though. Only ingredients to cook with, which really isn't the supermarket's strong point these days - they'd much rather sell you ready to eat shit. The markup is better, and it's so loaded with preservatives the shelf life often is as well. I don't buy that shit.
>>
>>7122722
>Whats with the random non-sequitur? How did my post even imply anything about the south to you?
Don't be coy with me, you have your maps folder locked and loaded, I just saved you some time with that.
>Megachurches are very uncommon in the upper midwest
Really? They seem to be all over those outer-ring suburbs. Nondenominationals everywhere, being fat and stupid. The few remaining practicing Lutherans live in the Twin Cities proper, or in rural areas.
> utter lack of exercise and overeating
Overeating is much easier and perhaps even biologically necessary when your food is calorie-rich and nutrient-poor. You see this also in poor pacific islands, somewhat.
>>
>>7122731
Friendly reminder that preservatives are not bad
>>
>>7122745
>Really? They seem to be all over those outer-ring suburbs
Yes really. Over 3/4 of people in the upper midwest are catholic or lutheran (though a substantial chunk of them are not practicing). Other more evangelical denominations are quite uncommon

>Don't be coy with me, you have your maps folder locked and loaded
What does me having google images at my fingertips have to do with my previous post? You are just repeating random things. Why do you want to bring up the south so badly?
>>
>>7122840
>preservatives are not bad
Maybe so, maybe not. But why eat them at all if there's no compelling reason to? They're not put into food for my benefit. They're there so lazy retailers can warehouse and/or let the food sit on shelves for long periods of time.

What's my incentive to buy food that's been sitting around for god knows how long when I have access to fresh? Price? I'd rather spend a few extra bucks for fresh food.
>>
>>7122875
>But why eat them at all if there's no compelling reason to
Convenience is pretty compelling. I'd rather not be going to 2 or 3 different specialty stores every couple days
>They're not put into food for my benefit. They're there so lazy retailers can warehouse and/or let the food sit on shelves for long periods of time.
Do you really not see how making a store more efficient will benefit the consumer. Less labor required and less stuff they have to dispose of after it reaches expiry means lower prices and just as importantly allows them to stock a much wider variety
>>
>>7122875
>sitting around for god knows how long
You can literally smell if something has gone bad, and if has not it matters little exactly how long its been on the shelf
>>
>>7122890
>Do you really not see how making a store more efficient will benefit the consumer.
I see it pretty clearly when it comes to food. Low quality food is widely available and very cheap. That's nice for those who want to eat that shit. I don't. If it has ingredients in it that I don't use in my own kitchen I'd rather not eat it. Kind of a personal guideline.
>>
>>7122977
It seems as though when you say quality you just mean things you think are cool, rather than anything quantifiable quality standard about the product
>>
Would accidentally eat/10
>>
>>7122996
Cool would be eating at Michelin starred restaurants more often, and traveling to places like Provence, Tuscany, Naples, Saigon, Punjab and Canton. Cool would be cultivating relationships with the best cheesemakers and farmers raising heritage breed livestock and heirloom vegetables in the country. That shit would be cool.

But I'll settle for food that's not adulterated with preservatives, artificial flavors and HFCS if that's the best I can do. If in the process I can avoid giving big American agribusiness as much of my money so much the better. Not because I think they're all so uncool, but because it's not hard to do much better than they shit they're selling if you're willing to spend a few extra bucks. And in some cases better doesn't even cost more, you just have to be willing to seek it out.

I grew up eating more than enough food science lab shit. Not a fan of the taste of that anymore. And I don't have to eat it, so I don't.
>>
>>7122897
Yes and no

There are some fats that smell bad after they start to go slightly rancid, but if you've never tasted the fresh version because you buy only pre-packaged junk food, you won't know what it should taste like.

Even something as simple as extra virgin olive oil has this issue. Millions of Americans have no idea what it really tastes and smells like, because it's either adulterated, or rancid

Grains have this problem as well, hence why many people think whole grain anything is disgusting.

You can process these foods to a point where it matters less and less, but the food suffers. Sure you can argue that consumers won't notice. Just like a monkey raised by a wire cage mother won't know what it's missing. But it's kind of horrifying, objectively speaking.
>>
>>7124637
>You can process these foods to a point where it matters less and less, but the food suffers. Sure you can argue that consumers won't notice. Just like a monkey raised by a wire cage mother won't know what it's missing. But it's kind of horrifying, objectively speaking.
This is pretty much what our food standards have become over the last few decades, considering that supermarkets and chain restaurants pretty much set the standards for a good chunk of the country. And people who don't know any better will call you pretentious if you find those standards deeply unsatisfying.
>>
>>7112546
ew
>>
>>7114353
kEk
>>
>>7112546
Oh my god, I haven't been to Toppers in way too long!!
>>
File: x354-q80.jpg (39KB, 354x354px) Image search: [Google]
x354-q80.jpg
39KB, 354x354px
>>7119636
why do you hate America?
Thread posts: 281
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.