[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lamb King of Meats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 150133767.png (1MB, 1754x1240px) Image search: [Google]
150133767.png
1MB, 1754x1240px
I recently learned Americans don't eat lamb. As someone who sells a few hundred heads of lamb a year I am disappoint.

Americans, have you had lamb?
Rest of the world, suggest recipes.
>>
americu/ck/ here, by far my favorite red meat
>>
>>7110077

Lamb is delicious but very expensive in markets in the US. You need to look for a "Halal" market, excellent lamb at very good prices.

Best burgers ever: half chuck roast, half lamb, grind them together, gently form patties, grill them. Out-fucking-standing.
>>
>>7110084
What cut? How do you prepare it?
>>
>>7110077
>Generalizations
Seriously though, it isn't nearly as common here as it is in other parts of the world. Shit's prime though. Congratulations on your success by the way.
>>
>>7110089
I just buy the premade lamb burgers or mince here. About the same price as beef.

How does the lamb prices compare to beef in the USA?
>>
>>7110077
Lamb shoulder is based. So much flavour, and falls apart if cooked correctly.

Lots of potential flavours to put with it, but I really just like the classic of rosemary, thyme, garlic and anchovy.
>>
>>7110077
That lamb drawing looks like a retarded state with district lines.
>>
>>7110110
PROTIP: Salt it with a little sea salt and water and leave it in the fridge for 24 hours, then rub the slt off. Thank me later.
>>
>>7110116
What does this do? Just for shoulder or lamb in general?
>>
>>7110122
Helps you roll dubs ya dingus.
>>
>>7110077
why goat meat hard to find in US?
>>
>>7110130
Not enough muslims.
>>
File: oliv.jpg (161KB, 540x1296px) Image search: [Google]
oliv.jpg
161KB, 540x1296px
>>7110139
Laffin'.
>>
American here. I eat lots of lamb and goat, but my parents are Indian and Jamaican.
>>
>>7110126
I dont need salt for dubs. Checkem
>>
File: le dubs man.png (400KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
le dubs man.png
400KB, 420x420px
>>7110244
Well damn.
>>
File: gyro.jpg (75KB, 599x799px) Image search: [Google]
gyro.jpg
75KB, 599x799px
>>7110077
>>
As a butcher, lamb is my favorite carcass to work with next to hog.
>>
>>7110077
>I recently learned Americans don't eat lamb.

Yes we do, it's just less common than beef. You can find at least one or two cuts in any butcher shop or decent grocery store and rurally it's not uncommon for a family to buy a lamb or three and slaughter it themselves.
>>
canu/ck/ here. We do lamb a few times a month. Living in Alberta, it's not as pricey unless you get Australian lamb. We mostly do racks (with an almond crust) or chops but every now and then I will use leg to make a heavenly stew.
>>
Lamb and goat is pretty easy to find in Birmingham. I get lamb gyros for lunch on Fridays. 11/10.
>>
>>7110563
those are usually half lamb and half beef
>>7110077
i would eat it all the time
but the low demand makes it hard to find and prices high. It's easier/cheaper to just eat beef in the states
>>
>>7110584
I'm talking about Birmingham, Alabama my nigga.
>>
>>7110593
i don't know what that's supposed to mean
but if your eating "lamb" off of a spinning gyro cone, it's 50% beef and 50% lamb and it comes frozen.
I was a short order at a greek restaurant
>>
>>7110593
So it seems Birmingham UK and Birmingham Alabama both have kebab
>>
>>7110077
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B6HDmeMRtI
literally the best lamb dish i ever made
leg of lamb with parsley and garlic is neat too
>>
Places here try to sell gyros witbout lamb

It's terrible
>>
File: dragon.jpg (418KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dragon.jpg
418KB, 1024x768px
>>
OP, how big are your carcasses at slaughter time? How old are they? Do you grain them?
>>
>>7110649
That bow is tragically comic.
>>
>>7110649
GOAT tier meal
>>
>>7110077
for some reason it's not popular here. but i've gotten the impression over the last couple of years that it's catching on.
>>
>>7110549

Almond. Crust. Leg. Of. Lamb. OMFG.
>>
>>7110965
Its too gamey for most peoples childish taste.
>>
>>7110101
>How does the lamb prices compare to beef in the USA?

Aside from the "Halal" market it's like 1.5 x as much as beef. A lot of what's marketed comes from New Zealand and seems like "premium" type of meat. The "Halal" market has very good quality lamb and chicken, they don't sell other meats. They also have like half a dozen kinds of feta cheese -- what's up w that? And weird shit like vegetables you've never seen and weird cookies and pomegratante molasses and labne etc etc...
>>
I don't eat mainstream lamb, who do you think I am? one of the SHEEPLE?!
>>
>>7111087
I think feta is made from goat's milk. Wait, no it's actually usually sheep's milk. Whatever. Would make sense either way for a non-cow-milk-based-cheese to be popular in that kind of market. But yeah, I can speak to what this guy said. You have to realize, good beef is too expensive for a lot of people as it is. Lamb is just too much for most people.
>>
>>7111074
> lamb
>gamey
gods help them if they ever try venison
>>
Anyone got any good lamb slow cooker recipes?
>>
lamb gravy is honestly the best thing to eat in the world. all i wanna do when i cook lamb at easter is just make fucktons of the gravy and dip bread into it and drink sherry.

i like 'majesty's delight', this dish i had in turkey with braised shank in a strong jus served over aubergine puree. i also like to pull the meat and fold them through large couscous or barley cooked in the braising liquor, with pomegranate seeds and fried onions and lots of fresh herbs.

lamb and aubergine is a GOAT combo. i like to marinate a rolled shoulder overnight with yoghurt and green papaya and tandoori spices, smoke it briefly and then slowly braise it with lots of aubergines and tomatoes.

i love lancashire hot pot and i use neck in a lot of other things. i've made some really good small lamb wellingtons using neck fillets and a tapenade before.

a few years back i built a smoker in my friend's garden and we smoked a rack of lamb just by way of an experiment. i pan roasted them the next day for breakfast and they were fucking legit chops.

huge fan of the sweetbreads too.

i really like lamb. i feel really perverse in how i basically fetishise the flavour of these prematurely slaughtered infant animals dissolved into sludge, but there you go, lamb gravy is just too intoxicatingly good to ignore.

oh yeah and shepherd's pie, i mean, cmon dude, i mean cmon. i personally prefer to make it out of leftovers from a roast.
>>
>>7111103
feta can be made from goat or sheep. they're different in some ways, i prefer goat myself

anyways, i love lamb, and can never find any here in the states for reasonable prices. absolutely adore it though
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.