[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what's on your /ck/ Christmas list this year?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Santa-christmas-3062558-1024-768.jpg (172KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Santa-christmas-3062558-1024-768.jpg
172KB, 1024x768px
So, what's on your /ck/ Christmas list this year?
>>
A pair of shoes and a guitar pedal power supply. I'm too shit a cook to need or appreciate fancy cooking things.
>>
Nothing. I haven't gotten a Christmas present from anyone for probably 10 years.
>>
>>7109905
You're supposed to buy yourself something, goober.
>>
A food processor, a good quality chefs knife
>>
The past 3 years of my life back
Maybe the past even the past 7
>>
pretty much have everything I want/need

slightly interested in making a craft beer display shelf to put next to my TV unit, so I guess some kind of shelf/cabinet keeping into the theme of my living room
>I'd probably only end up drinking any I collect though cause I'm an idiot like that
>>
A Nintendo 64
>>
>>7109905
Same here. I stopped getting excited about holidays and birthdays once I joined the army. Sitting in an ambush on Christmas day, completing a 72 hour long range recon patrol during my birthday, digging fighting positions while getting snowed on thanksgiving day, etc. It took the steam out of it all. A holiday is just another day.
>>
>>7109921
I do that anyway, I just don't limit buying myself stuff to Christmas. If there's something I want, I buy it, regardless of what day it is.
>>
>>7109899
I'm thinking about getting one of these. pic related
>>
File: 1432410407737.jpg (19KB, 262x236px) Image search: [Google]
1432410407737.jpg
19KB, 262x236px
Nothing /ck/-related, I have more than what I actually need.
I mentioned I'd like to get a cheap flux core or stick welder to practice on holidays and weekends and to build some projects, but I don't really expect to actually get one.

I'll probably get some cool stuff I usually don't buy myself like fancy spice mixes and oils or something, which is pretty neat.
Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>7110153
family bought that, never used it
>>
File: IMG_0162.jpg (114KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0162.jpg
114KB, 720x720px
>>7109905
>>
I kinda want an ice cream maker. And those things that turn zucchini into noodles
>>
>>7110197
Nice, you just planning on being self taught or do you have someone to show you the ropes? I mean you can learn yourself but you'll never be great that way, a little hands on help can go a long way with welding.
>>
>>7110720
I'm actually in welding school right now.
I just feel like I always need more practice and I have pretty much nothing to do when I'm home anyway, not to mention I absolutely fucking love fabricating and welding.
>>
>>7110735
cool, my girlfriend is in welding school as well actually. Where you planning to work/what are you planning to do when you graduate?
>>
>>7110333
a fork?
>>
>>7110757
Nice, it's neat to hear about girls getting into trades.
I was thinking of doing pretty basic steel stuff in a production shop for a while to build some experience and then move on to custom made pieces and heavy equipment repair, but I'm pretty open.
>>
>>7109899
I'd like my Old Homestead chef's knife and cleaver sharpened. Thank you white Jesus
>>
>>7110770
Yeah, its kinda funny, I'm the ones who cooks and cleans and she's working on welding. Not gonna lie it does make me a little insecure of my complete lack of hands on fixing shit knowledge. So I've been trying to get a little into small engine repair and wood working. Its a good feeling to know if something breaks you can fix it yourself instead of having to pay someone else.

Lemme know if you have any tips or advice for a guy trying to learn how to be handy.

On the /ck/ front I myself have been thinking about getting a decent chef's knife for christmas but I'm not quite sure. Which is why i started the thread, see what other people are looking for.
>>
>>7110786
Woodworking is a great way to get into that. Head on over to /diy/ if you have questions or if you wanna learn more.
>>
>>7110786
>>7110802
Oh, forgot to mention.
If you want a decent chef's knife that's not German-priced you could ask for a Victorinox or better yet a Global.
>>
>>7110802
>>7110804
Awesome thank you.
>>
I've already gotten pretty much all my big Christmas gifts early, and they aren't /ck/ related. In the past 2 months, we've bought a PS4 (Call of Duty special edition), a new sofa, a new gaming chair, new dining chairs, 2 new laptops, and will soon be getting a new mattress. ALL of which was desperately needed (except the PS4, that was pure entertainment value). So, that's my Christmas right there.
However, I am going pick out somethings from the restaurant supply as my actual Christmas presents. Nothing big, I just want to fill out some stuff I'm lacking and get another carbon steel pan, but one size bigger than the two I have now.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.