[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: shitty food memes that need to die Pic related: a great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: bacon weave.jpg (176KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bacon weave.jpg
176KB, 1024x768px
ITT: shitty food memes that need to die

Pic related: a great way to unevenly cook your bacon
>>
>>7108186
looks pretty even to me
>>
>artisan
>grass-fed
>farm 2 table
>california/fusion/modern cuisine
>gluten free
>vegetarian/vegan
>quinoa
>sriracha
>aioli
>>
>>7108193
How's the taste of mom's flyover casserole?
>>
>>7108193
lmao enjoy mcdonalds mouthbreather

aioli, you fucking serious?
>>
File: flyover country.png (27KB, 400x235px) Image search: [Google]
flyover country.png
27KB, 400x235px
>>7108193
What's wrong with any of these, apart from the gluten free craze? I think we know what we're dealing with here...
>>
>>7108194
>>7108197
>>7108204
hipsters fuck off my /ck/
>>
File: shooter sandwich.jpg (77KB, 610x458px) Image search: [Google]
shooter sandwich.jpg
77KB, 610x458px
literally reddit: the sandwich
>>
>>7108189
Those are only the exposed surfaces. 1/2 of the bacon is covered by other bacon
>>
>>7108193
aioli is great you cum guzzler
>>
>>7108193
>>artisan
>>grass-fed
>>farm 2 table
These are only memes in Burgerland. The civilised world is perfectly used to eating food that isn't industrially produced.
>>
sriracha in everything, it's a shitty boring chili sauce, mexican hot sauces are way better, i am getting so sick of it. brunch is really fucking annoying as well, on a saturday sometimes I want to go to a nice place for lunch but 9/10 times if it's not asian, it's going to be on a brunch only menu, not everyone is a lazy hipster who wakes up at 12-1 to drink and eat breakfast while conversing about their amazing "worldchanging" ideas
>>
>>7108374
Fuck you, sriracha is great
[spoiler]in some appropriate situations[/spoiler]
>>
>>7108204
>What's wrong with any of these

>fusion
>vegetarian
>artisan
>grass-fed

Jesus Christ, he's beyond help.
>>
>>7108388
Go ahead, I'm listening
>>
File: Contrail[1].jpg (71KB, 1240x826px) Image search: [Google]
Contrail[1].jpg
71KB, 1240x826px
>>7108388
Do explain.
>>
>>7108388
There's literally nothing wrong with any of these. You're a massive pleb and should try to better yourself. Vegetarian is only shit if it's trying to imitate meat.
>>
>>7108395
>>7108404
>fusion
>vegetarian
>artisan
>grass-fed
>>
>>7108405
>Vegetarian is only shit if it's trying to imitate meat.
Elaborate?
>>
>>7108186

Bacon is already cooked, you stupid fuck. It's just not as good as cooked bacon.
>>
>>7108408
I think that meat substitutes are shit. I've had better experiences eating vegetarian dishes that work to the ingredients strengths instead of trying to mold them into something they're not. I'm a meat lover but I'm not above eating some dank veggie stir fry or vegetable soup. I've not really found a fake meat that I've enjoyed.
>>
>>7108408
>these people are seriously taking offense that people dislike the meme terms they think make them sound cultured

Just go die.
>>
Isn't bacon already pretty much dead?
>>
>>7108418
Given the way I've worded this sentence I'm expecting some anon to come up with a great pun or joke.
>>
>>7108411
What might you recommend for someone who's trying to eat "vegan," but also has trouble eating any vegetables beyond green beans, carrots, and mushrooms? I planned to start off with meat substitutes as a way to get accustomed to non-meat foods, but from what you're saying, that's probably not a good idea.
>>7108413
>taking offense
>not genuinely curious

>Just go die.
Rude.
>>7108418
>>7108421
>he doesn't eat his bacon rare and still squealing
Pearls before swine, desu.
Too tired to come up with anything better senpai.
>>
>>7108423
Noice, thank you for trying. Not that bad.

Anyhow, the other anon is right. Meat substitutes are mostly shit. If you have trouble eating vegetables slowly expand your comfort zone.
For recepies and shit try and read some italian/mediterranean/any other cuisine that in the past mostly was the property of poorfags. Interesting ideas there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caponata
Like this. It's good because all the tastes blend together, has 238383838 variants and is easy to make.

Also if you actually do want to substitute meat for other stuff don't buy tofurkey or that shit. Think out of the box. Like instead of bacon use diced zucchini for your carbonara :3
>>
>>7108423
Nigga go try some falafel. It's amazing. Sucks you can't try them with a yoghurt dip as a vegan though.
>>
File: Falafel.jpg (174KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Falafel.jpg
174KB, 1024x768px
>>7108423
>What might you recommend for someone who's trying to eat "vegan," but also has trouble eating any vegetables beyond green beans, carrots, and mushrooms?

Pic related is a good start.
>>
File: hummus.jpg (148KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
hummus.jpg
148KB, 1600x1066px
>>7108446
Falafels are awesome
mix it with some hummus for the ultimate chickpeas meal

I always use the spicy hummus from aldi
>>
>>7108186
Bacon is as bad as cigarettee
>>
>>7108451
>implying there's anything wrong with cigarettes. I bet you're a vegan.
>>
>>7108247
these sandwiches have a reason to exist, its just not for faggots on computers all day, therye for people who go out hunting and want to bring food.q
>>
>>7108460
They're also apparently for illiterate retards.
>>
>>7108446
>>7108443
>>7108430
Thanks for all the advice. I will look into falafel and caponata/Mediterranean/italian-type foods. As for the example of replacing bacon with diced zucchini, is there any method to the proverbial madness, i.e. should I try to replace meat based products with a vegetable of comparable texture/consistency/etc or just wing it?
>>
>>7108186
bacon is so fucking overrated

I would almost always rather have sausage, steak, chops or slow-cooked meat
>>
>>7108479
Well in carbonara you cook the diced bacon before incorporating it in the dish. Do the same with diced zucchini :DDDDD

To some extent yes, try to replace meat with suitable vegetables (Mushrooms in lieu of meat, seitan and tofù). But also stop giving a fuck about meat and delve in the world of traditional vegetarian recipes, and come up with thine own shit.
Nothing is preventing you to make traditional dishes without meat, make a vegeterian lasagna :)
>>
>>7108368
then just flip it over mid way?
>>
>>7108569
>let me just completely ignore a cut of pork because people I don't like eat it
jesus what the fuck is wrong with /ck/
>>
I thought bacon was only a meme-food if it's something like chocolate covered bacon or a bacon weave?
I like bacon and eggs.
>>
>>7108648
Do I really have to explain it to you? Look at it again
>>
>>7108652
Yes, that's why the OP pic was a bacon weave
>>
>>7108583

carbonara where you replace the bacon with mushrooms is probably a start.
>>
>umami
>>
>>7108679

>bacon weave
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.