[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who hold a fork in their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who hold a fork in their right hand like a fucking barbarian.
>>
>>7105065
Isn't that facebook? Does facebook use hashtags now? Like, I barely understand the concept, but are there people just searching for #cauliflowermash on facebook or something. What are you doing on there anyway, you fucking normie. This is a terrible thread.
>>
I hold forks in both hands for max efficiency
>>
>>7105075
Facebook does have support for hashtags, but few people use them. She's shared that photo from her instagram though, hence the hashtags.
>>
>>7105065
>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who
care?
>>
I use a fork in my left hand.
Because I'm left handed, and the fork is the main utensil you use to eat stuff with.
>>
>>7105065
I use chop sticks for my jello.
>>
I judge people for it, and I think some people in my field might, too. But unless you're working somewhere particularly formal and stuffy, it's pretty autistic to care about this.
>>
>>7105130

the knife is what requires strength and control though
>>
>>7105140

It's extremely autistic to not know how to use cutlery though
>>
>>7105065
Stop me
>>
>>7105143
I guess I mimic my Dad who's also left-handed but is also quite ambidextrous.
I mean you wouldn't use a PC mouse in your left hand right?
>>
just use your right hand to eat
make sure to not use left, because that one's for when you don't poo in the loo
>>
>>7105147
Spoken like a true autist
>>
/ck/ and /tv/ must have the same janitors...
>>
File: 1406579806376.png (331KB, 369x356px) Image search: [Google]
1406579806376.png
331KB, 369x356px
>>7105140
Why do you judge people for it?
>>
>>7105155
Because like >>7105147 said, it's dumb to not know, and very easy to learn. It's like a basic rule of etiquette.
>>
>>7105150
why not? Just use a different keyboard layout. it will take time to get used to but its faster for a left handed person
>>
>>7105076
Kek
>>
>>7105163
It's not necessary.
I'm probably more proficient at using a keyboard and mouse than the average right handed person anyway.
Likewise, I can probably learn to play the guitar right handed just as well as I can left handed.
Just because I can't write with my right hand, (indicating I'm probably a little lacking in absolute precise motor skill with it) doesn't mean I can't co-ordinate with it at all.
I mean I'm doing some informal touch typing with it right now.
>>
I'm right handed

I hold the fork in my right hand, never had a problem, don't see the issue
>>
>>7105160
come on. it's not like we're talking about the metric system.
>>
>>7105160
But it's arbitrary, and serves no actual purpose. Etiquette is about being polite, no?
>>
>>7105181

Your parents didn't make much money did they?
>>
>>7105143

You're super fucking retarded if you can't hold a knife in your off hand.
>>
>>7105177
I realize that. Like, I said, it's not that big of a deal. But assholes like >>7105185 (and me, to some extent) will still judge you.

>>7105181
Yes, it's 100% arbitrary. But so is most etiquette/politeness. There's no real reason why you can't show up to dinner with a stain on your shirt. Many people would still think you're violating etiquette nevertheless. You just didn't bother to get a clean shirt, even though you could have. In our case you didn't bother to learn to hold a fork in your left hand, even though you could have. Also, to be fair, I think it actually is better, because it's more important to manipulate the knife than the fork, which just needs to hold the food in place. So from the outset it does make some sense.
>>
I write right handed, fork in left hand, my left hand is my best piano playing hard too, and I jerk left handed
>>
>>7105203
I meant fork in right hand
>>
>there are OPs right now shitposting like fucking retards

couldn't care less btw, assume left handed
>>
>>7105201
I can eat with the fork in my left hand but if you sit next to me you'll get my elbow shoved up in your face.
>>
>>7105306
Would you like someone's elbow in your face?
>>
I use a fork in my left hand if I'm using a knife but if it's just a fork I'll use my right hand
>>
i don't think holding them either way makes any difference. however, i think the american switcheroo dining method is pretty crazy.

like really, a whole extra step because you can't find your mouth with your off hand. please.
>>
I cut things with the side of my fork
>>
>>7105331
What about construction paper?
>>
>>7105065
I'd rather be a barbarian then a cock munching fagget like you.
>>
>>7105065
>tfw you're at the table and everyone else holds it in their fork in their right and you hold it with your left

Dem awkward elbow bumps. With a fork, I can switch back and forth, but if I need to use a knife, I can't cut very well with my left hand.
>>
>>7105322
Why are you so obsessed with Americans? Seriously get a life.
>>
>>7105065
>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who hold a fork in their right hand like a fucking barbarian.

they also scoop their food up like using a spoon

topkeks
>>
>>7105374
i'm merely criticizing your dining habits. i don't need to be obsessed with you guys to post about it on occasion.
>>
>bumping elbows

Jesus wet you're not using a fucking saw, you don't need to flail your arms about to cut food.
>>
I hardly use a knife when eating lunch so I guess I'm the barbarian you're talking about
>>
>>7105411
Some of us have people who want to eat around us and when we sit close to family and friends, little bumps can happen. Hopefully one day you'll experience people wanting to be in your presence :)
>>
>>7105065
>bait
the other setting is normal, implying this was a mistake or one of them is left handed
that salmon looks like grilled cardboard
>>
>>7105076
This. Ripping and tearing your food apart is vastly superior to slicing and dining.
>>
>>7105135
Silly chinese-type baby.
>>
Fork in left
Knife in right

it's how knives are designed to be used
>>
>>7106345
>being retarded

The other setting isn't normal. Fork should be on left, knife on right. The other one just switched knife/fork places for no reason.
>>
>>7106697
>it's how knives are designed to be used
lolling @ u
>>
>take fork in left hand
>strike downward into the steak
>take knife in right hand
>slice through steak
>eat

voila?
>>
>>7106706
lol'd
>>
>>7105065
jesus must be bland as fuck
>>
>>7105075
I used to use hostage on Facebook(when I used fb) to trigger people, it worked wonders, especially when shagging things that people wouldn't look up or post. #whenyouwakeuptoyourneighborsdaughterlickingyourfeetandyouwishitwashisdog
>>
>>7105065
The fork goes in the right hand when not holding a knife.
When using a knife, you swap hands, cut, put down the knife, swap fork back to right hand.
Learn your table manners.
>>
File: Taco_Bell_Feedbag.jpg (37KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Taco_Bell_Feedbag.jpg
37KB, 800x450px
THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD RIGHT NOW THAT HAVEN'T LEARNED TO USE A FEEDBAG 24/7.
>>
>>7105143
Nigga all I gotta do is run that shit back and forth what fucking control do I fucking need nigga?
>>
>>7106984
>2015
>Not using the feed trough

Nigga do you even maximize your food intake?
>>
File: ManLaughingGeneric_0505.jpg (75KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ManLaughingGeneric_0505.jpg
75KB, 1200x675px
>>7105065

>you're supposed to do things a certain way because you're supposed to do things a certain way

Meaningless traditions are funny
>>
>>7106993
You at least need more than you do to hold the food stationary with your fork.
>>
>>7105065
I always eat with a spoon in my right hand. If it's something a bit tougher like steak or chops i'll just pick it up.
>>
>>7105065
>4y old
>Uncle is a extreme autist
>Kept complaining about me holding the fork the wrong way
>Spent more time bitching at me than actually eating

Please folks
>>
File: 1448300586494.png (139KB, 277x251px) Image search: [Google]
1448300586494.png
139KB, 277x251px
Am I the only one who turns forks over when waiting for their meal?
For some reason I really don't like the fork's prongs facing upwards.
(Yes I know its cos of hygiene reasons but it still really irks me)
>>
Guess I have been doing it wrong all these years.
Do I give a fuck?
>No
Does anyone else give a fuck?
>No
Is this post useful
>No
3 strikes and your out kiddo
>>
>>7105147
gf holds the fork with the prongs facing downward, whereas I hold mine with the prongs upward. It's cringe watching her try cut something with food sliding around her plate.
>>
>>7106969
what are you even saying?
>>
>>7105318
this is correct etiquette, i'm incredibly surprised nobody else has said this.
>>
>>7108700
>prongs
They're called "tines" you colossal ignoramus.
>>
>>7108725
i speak a little retard, i'll try and translate
>i used to use hashtags on facebook (when I used facebook) to trigger people, it worked wonders, especially when hashtagging things that people wouldn't look up or post
>>
>>7105065
that dinner looks cold as ice
i bet she didn't even warm the plates up
>>
>>7107003
Do you even Food Tube?
>>
>>7108732
The more you know.
>>
>>7105065
Are you autistic?

When the fork came to America and Europe, there were no barbarians.
It did not become common in northern Europe until the 18th century and was not common in North America until the 19th century.
>>
Lol both my brothers and I eat like this while my mom eats normal
>>
I'm right handed and I hold the fork in my right hand and cut with my left.

I don't give a fuck.
>>
I bet plens here don't even know you drink water with your left hand but wine with your right hand. Probably don't even know which way to pass the port.
>>
>>7109056
>Probably don't even know which way to pass the port
to the left hand side
>>
>>7109061
Not the guy you're replying to. But it annoys the fuck outta me when some guy gets wrapped up in a story and we're all just looking at the blunt burning in his hand....
>>
File: th.jpg (12KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
12KB, 300x225px
>>7109056
>>7109061
Pass the Dutchie pon the left hand side
>>
>>7105065
She's put the fork on the right side for herself but on the left side for her bf/whatever. So she is probably left handed and takes this into consideration, good woman.

>burnt salmon
>no sauce, not even a tiny sprinkle of soy sauce or something, anything
But into the trash it goes.
>>
>>7107943
No it's very common to flip it, it's even the proper way if you want to follow the "rules".
>>
It really irks me when I see people that hold their fork in a tight fist like a troglodyte and use it exclusively like a spoon to scoop up food
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.