[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do Scottish people even drink this shit? It literally is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: shitwater.jpg (19KB, 452x508px) Image search: [Google]
shitwater.jpg
19KB, 452x508px
How do Scottish people even drink this shit? It literally is like drinking a thick yeasty bowel movement.
>>
Guinness is Irish. You're American, aren't you?
>>
>>7104908
um, isn't it Irish? The only reason I know this is because I have a faggot of a friend who went to Ireland and wont FUCKING SHUT UP ABOUT HIS TRIP TO IRELAND AND HOW DIFFERENT THEIR GUINESS BEAR IS COMPARED TO THE ONE BREWED IN USA!!!!! FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK THAT GUY SHUT UP ABOUT IRELAND

You literally cannot tell this guy a fucking thing without him connecting it to how he did a similar thing but it was way better because he did it in Ireland. YOU WERE ON A FUCKING TOUR GUIDE FFS!
>>
File: murhpys-Irish-Stout.jpg (128KB, 665x600px) Image search: [Google]
murhpys-Irish-Stout.jpg
128KB, 665x600px
irish drink this
>>
dude guinness bro muh heritage bro
>>
>>7104908
Guinness is great in small doses.
>>
Fuck the Welsh
>>
>>7104908
It originated in Ireland. There are a couple of Guiness breweries all over the globe now, though. Also it's owned by a English company.
>>
>>7104908

It is Irish, and I believe most popular in Nigeria.

Why drink it? It is very smooth, and reliable. When you are in a pub and your options are limited to Tenants, bottles lager, or this, I will take Guinness every time.

If you aren't a fan, try the foreign export stuff. It is the nicest one by far in my opinion, and a lot stronger too.
>>
>>7104921
to be fair most bars that have Guinness outside of the British isles are shit because not enough people order it and it gets gross. Easy way to tell is if they go to pour it and its all foam or no head at all.
>>
>>7104921
>>7105347
but your friend sounds like a fag
>>
It's not that bad
>>
from france, it's nice
but mostly because it's the only mainstream brown beer
local brown beers are usually better but I'll take a guiness over a kro
>>
>>7104921
To be honest, I did have Guinness in Ireland and it was pretty damn good. Then I came back to the states and it's completely different, I wouldn't make any kind of big deal about it though.
>>
>>7105236
I've only seen this a handful of times in Ireland. Very rare to see it.
>>
>>7104908
It's pretty much the only alcoholic beverage I drink nowadays

I always thought of Guinness as the drink of massive rugby players and Irish alchies but it's accidentally become my go-to pint

what have I become
>>
>>7104908
*Irish
>>
>>7104908
>guinness
>thick

confirmed for shitposting, guinness is one of the thinnest easiest drinking beers I've had.
>>
File: 1448379294048.jpg (76KB, 444x467px) Image search: [Google]
1448379294048.jpg
76KB, 444x467px
>Americans in charge of drinking beer

Oh wait
>the most popular beer in the US is actually fucking pop
>>
>>7105342
The most popular thing in Nigeria is 419 scams aka advance fee fraud scams.
Some of us anons bait those fuckin' niggers to waste their time and prevent them from fucking with humans.
http://www.419eater.com/
>>
>>7106334
On the rare occassion when I have a sore throat, a Guinness goes down pretty easy. Just about any other kind of beer is more like drinking glass shards.
>>
>>7104908
>>7104908
i think it's terrible but at the same time, i could see myself getting used to if it that was all I drank. Imagine drinking a PBR after drinking Guiness for a year straight.
>>
>>7106337
>pop
what is this the 1950s? its called soda you mongrel.
>>
File: american_dialects_wind.jpg (82KB, 650x509px) Image search: [Google]
american_dialects_wind.jpg
82KB, 650x509px
>>7106376
>he's never been to the midwest
>>
>>7106314
You won't find it much in a lot of areas. Most pubs in Cork will have it along with Beamish. It's rarely seen in Dublin
>>
>>7106390
why did you post the reversed version
>>
>>7104908
There shouldn't be yeast in a pasteurised beer like guinness. I drank a cloudy homebrew with live yeast still in it once and the next day my farts felt like furnace bellows.
>>
>>7104918
>>7104921
>>7105236
This

Scots drink beer out of squirrel bottles.
>>
It's really good with ice cream. Vanikla.
>>
>>7104921
Guinness in Ireland really seems different. At the end of the brewery tour they give you a pint. Maybe its because you just spent two hours being told how awesome the stuff is and how it smells like flowers and tastes like happiness, but when you get that pint it is the best pint of any beer you will ever have in your life.
>>
>>7106508
Beer is usually the best right at the brewery. I had fresh unfiltered Pilsner Urquell at the brewery in Plzeƈ and it was pretty damn spectacular. Way better than what you get in bottles or even on tap.
>>
>>7106508
>Maybe its because you just spent two hours being told how awesome the stuff is and how it smells like flowers and tastes like happiness
I admit I haven't been there, but I suspect this is the real reason. My experience with the other big "You need to try X when you're in Y to get the REAL thing" beer (drinking Pilsner Urquell in Prague) was a huge disappointment. It's the same mediocre crap that it is everywhere else.
>>
>>7105236
This is the GOAT Irish stout t.b.h.
>>
File: ra.png (74KB, 250x192px) Image search: [Google]
ra.png
74KB, 250x192px
>>7104908
>Scottish
UP THE RA' FREE DERRY SCOTS AND BRITS OUT!
>>
Guinness is pretty good but then again I prefer to get loaded on Coors light.
>>
I dont really understand the point of it
its not like something you can drink with food because it doesn't cleanse your palate at all. So what do you do with it? just sit and drink it by itself?

if you do that you have a drinking problem
>>
>>7106554
Forreal? I thought Urquell was supreme in Prague, you're not going to get a flavor explosion with a pilsener anyways.
>>
>>7107334
Wow
>>
Ive been told Guinness is served warm in Europe is this true
>>
>>7108724
No, it's still cold - just not as cold as other beers. Some places serve a "Guinness extra cold" though.
>>
File: laughing-girls-1791357[1].jpg (284KB, 1300x954px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-girls-1791357[1].jpg
284KB, 1300x954px
>>7104908
>he doesn't enjoy drinking a thick yeasty bowel movement

Stay pleb Amerifriend
>>
>>7105456
Guinness is a stout, not a brown beer/ale
>>
What do you bet that OP will go around saying that Guiness is from Iceland?
>>
>>7107329
found (one of) the americans
>>
>>7104908
It's Irish
>>7104921
Apparently it is pretty different. Don't know why Guinness is so temperamental compared to almost every other drink in the world.
>>7106314
You'd see that in Cork a lot, no where else really.
>>7106324
A SOUND MAN. Cheers.
>>
>>7111519
cover them...

thanks tips. any other "I have no idea what I'm talking about" cooking tips? >>7104908

I'm Scottish and hate this shit. it's also irish you fucking right cunt.
>>
>>7106624

Was this you?

http://www.derryjournal.com/news/courts/man-who-defecated-in-derry-city-centre-shouted-up-the-ra-as-trousers-fell-down-court-told-1-7023133
>>
>guinness sucks unless you buy it from one specific pub in the heart of Ireland at a certain time of year during a solar eclipse after planetary alignment

one of my fav memes
>>
>>7105236
you can also drink that in germany. i like it better than the guinness you get in germany.
>>
>>7104908
I drink it a lot, but have cut back recently because the beer belly was very real
>>
>not drinking Rasputin imperial stout
>not drinking Blaecorn Unidragons

You should probably stick to Jack Daniel's line of bottled mixed drinks m8.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.