[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about vat grown meat? Its probably years off,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: jogglethem.jpg (43KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
jogglethem.jpg
43KB, 500x442px
What do you think about vat grown meat?

Its probably years off, but vat grown meats are going to save many animals lives.

Will there be companies so bold as to create new meat sensations? Imagine vat grown meat branded as unicorn, or even human analogue.
>>
It already exists, the problem is getting the texture into the meat
>>
synthetic human meat?
>>
>>7103786
it exists, and the technology continues to get refined sooner than later it will be marketable in a way that competes with current meat delivery systems
>>
>>7103789
if all you're doing is stacking proteins, you can simulate it i'd imagine
>>
i'm really looking forward to sophisticated technologies that will be able to replicate actual cuts of meat with complex structures like shank or whatever. because imagine what you could do with that technology. i think it will make us reevaluate what we like about meat.
>>
Would vegetarians and vegans eat lab-grown meat?
>>
>>7103826

i would imagine a slim majority would.
>>
>>7103826
Most of them would. Then there's going to be those PETA shits who will suddenly start getting even more psuedo-intellectual and yell about "WE'RE PLAYING GOD WE WEREN'T EVEN MEANT TO EAT ANY MEAT!"
>>
>>7103789
Would it have all those dangerous prions?
>>
I can't wait for it to happen already, but I'm worried that it's going to be replicating nothing but the shittiest, most boring cuts, because that's what normies want.

>100% breastmeat analogue!
>extra lean!

The possibilities are fantastic though. You could create a perfectly marbled cylinder of beef surrounded by a coating of cheap, dry flesh to protect it during hanging.
>>
>>7103855

>I'm worried that it's going to be replicating nothing but the shittiest, most boring cuts, because that's what normies want.

also because things like fillet and breast would be far, far easier.
>>
All cheap meat will be vat meat eventually. Real biomeat from farm animals will be a niche product only found in expensive restaurants and specialty butchers/grocery stores.
>>
>>7103780

it won't save animals at all. if demand goes down for meat, farmers will simply breed less stock and there will be fewer animals born.

wild animal populations will still have to be managed so if hunters won't kill deer and elk, game wardens will and they kist be let to rot or discarded.
>>
Gonna be some real fucked up industrial accidents.

>EMERGENCY PERSONNEL TO THE MEAT CHAMBER
>WE HAVE HAD A FLEX IN VAT EIGHT
>REPEAT
>A FLEX IN VAT EIGHT
>>
>>7104014
good point, this still cuts down on the senseless & inhumane wholesale slaughter of most breeds of livestock though.
>>
>>7104053
>the senseless & inhumane wholesale slaughter
Do you just have this on ctrl-c now?
>>
>Imagine vat grown meat branded as unicorn

You can brand anything you want as unicorn meat. Why would vat meat be special?
>>
>>7104014

lol this is so retarded. i mean i love meat and all but fewer animals being bred for livestock means fewer animals being killed as livestock. i don't imagine that the goal of most vegetarians is putting as many animals on the planet as possible.
>>
hmm vat grown meat couldn't we use this meat to replace muscles for burn and other accident victims?
>>
>>7104071
Someone or some company is going to create a configuration of proteins and brand it as something crazy: unicorn, dragon, hippo, dodo, etc.
>>
>>7104075

no life exists== no lives saved. OP said this would save lives and that is flat wrong.
>>
>>7104093

oohhhhhh shit- real life dragon dildos are coming!!!!!
>omg omg omg
>must alert /k/
>>
>>7104101

it is going to save some animals' lives. you're right that less of them will exist in the first place, but much less of them will also die, if animal meat is hypothetically replaced by vat meat.
>>
>>7104093
Yes, but why are you excited about fake meat with a fraudulent label? Only a retard would -

Oh. I see.
>>
>>7104101
Really anyone ought to be concerned with reducing suffering more than "saving lives"
>>
>>7104032
oh dear god
>>
>>7103780
Sounds like the poop burgers those sneak attack japs came up with.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2011/06/17/japanese-scientists-create-meat-from-poop.html
>>
99% sure normal meat would still be better.
Man-made products always have some defect.
Some more detrimental than others too.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.