[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I supposed to eat the white crust off of Camembert cheese?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: articleLarge.jpg (41KB, 600x331px) Image search: [Google]
articleLarge.jpg
41KB, 600x331px
Am I supposed to eat the white crust off of Camembert cheese?
>>
>crust

that's mold family
>>
fuck yes is best part
>>
Are you supposed to cut the crust off of sandwiches?
>>
I'm french (from Normandie btw), yes. But I think it's disgusting.
>>
>>7102072
Its mould, but it's edible
>>
OP here, thanks for the replies. I find its taste too strong, but the taste of the cheese inside WAY too soft, so I often mix the cheese with a bit of crust (or mould like I just learned)

At least now I know I'm not getting poisoned.
>>
It's personal preference. I love it, others don't. It won't do you any harm though.
>>
you paid for it so you may as well eat it
>>
You're only supposed to eat the white crust... I'd go to a doctor if I were you. The center can cause extreme intestinal inflammation.
>>
>>7102072
Hell yeah and enjoy your super AIDS!
Seriously though, yes.
>>
Yeah
It's understandable if you don't want to because you don't like it. As far as I can tell, it has next to no nutritional value
>>
>>7102072

It's the best bit, much more powerfull flavour.

>Going to bake on tonight infact, And eat with a spoon like the filthy fucker I am.
>>
>>7102072
I wouldn't say supposed,but I usually eat it.
It's penicillium camemberti,a non-harmful type of mold,it's used to get the milk turned into this specific type of cheese.
Other types of mold are penicillium roqueforti,which is used for Gorgonzola,Stilton and many more,including Roquefort,obviously.
P. camemberti is also used to make Brie,by the way
>>
Yes you are supposed to eat the entire cheese.
>>
>>7102072
>off of
How can you eat cheese when you can't even English.
>>
>>7102479
The "of" may be superfluous but I don't see what so wrong with his English.
>>
It's the best part.
>>
File: 1446490789445.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1446490789445.png
211KB, 327x316px
>Americans in charge of eating cheese
>>
>>7102479
That's actually completely proper English, you tard.
>>
>>7102072
What is a mould?
Is the cheese covered in mold or is it a mold?
>>
>>7102115
This is at best a dangerous philosophy.
>>
>>7102556
Probably some stupid Britistani spelling.
>>
>>7102556
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.