[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone tried this? Thinking of living of it for a month.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: soylent.png (378KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
soylent.png
378KB, 800x800px
Has anyone tried this? Thinking of living of it for a month.
>>
oh cool it's this thread again
>>
Didn't the creator of this even say it's not intended to replace all you meals all the time?
>>
>>7101238
Sorry, I just want to make my fantasy of living in a dystopian future world real.
>>7101253
That was probably just to release them from any legal backfire.
>>
>Soymilk is just powdered soy mixed with water with other shit in it
>tofu is just cheese made from that "milk"
>it's a phytoestrogen
>>
File: hartman.png (112KB, 446x290px) Image search: [Google]
hartman.png
112KB, 446x290px
>>
File: 1368278268999.gif (487KB, 294x328px) Image search: [Google]
1368278268999.gif
487KB, 294x328px
>>7101265
>I just want to make my fantasy of living in a dystopian future world real

yet YOURE SHILLING IN YOUR OWN POST

>That was probably just to release them from any legal backfire.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7101235
don't go for real soylent in the long run
check out http://diy.soylent.com/recipes
Much cheaper to make your own
Personally I use
https://diy.soylent.com/recipes/brets-soylent-oat-rice-complete-low-price
Tastes just as fine and is cheaper, making it yourself also allows you to fine tune the taste, mouth feel and nutrition to your needs and desires.

I was on it for about 3 months with the only other food being the odd snack to help with digestion. Pure liquid diets are hell, you need something solid, doesn't have to be much, just filler to help the ol shitter do it's work. Fell into depression due to drug withdrawal and have been trying to eat regular food as a way to be happier (without success), planning on falling back into the soylent lifestyle.
It definitely helped with eating a proper breakfast and lunch at work both cheaply and healthily. It was surprisingly easy to ease into though.
It's not some meme and it's certainly doable without killing yourself. Like anything in life it has some benefits, and also some downsides. Ultimately it's up to you, no one says you have to purely stick to it though for your entire nutritional needs. One of my friends had gotten really into it too as just a preworkout meal so he wouldn't be so hungry and waste money after.
>>
>>7101483
>>7101483
>>7101483
>>
My problem with it is the memelike claims that surround it. It's a niche product for people who are either totally indifferent to taste, or so busy or lazy that they don't have time to do anything more difficult than make up a milkshake. It is not the future of food that everyone will want. It being tasteless and textureless is not a point in its favor. Pumping it into Africa by pipes is a comically silly idea; the unique properties of Soylent do not in the slightest bit make it any more effective for solving the problem of starving children than any other kind of food.
>>
File: 00019e3a.jpg (21KB, 256x230px) Image search: [Google]
00019e3a.jpg
21KB, 256x230px
>>7101449
So wait, you're saying this stuff would make me grow man boobs? Fuck that.
>>
>>7101449
This is what libkeks want everyone to eat!
>>
>>7101235
OP, >>7101640 has good advice. I have done soylent for a few months with making my own recipe. It is cheaper and I can control what's in it. I typically have soylent for breakfast and lunch while at work, then cook a nice dinner. It's strange not having to plan out meals. You don't have to think about what you are going to eat.
>>
I have a peanut allergy and a really minor pea allergy. When i drank this stuff I ended up getting pretty itchy and my lips puffed up a bit like when i eat peas. Turns out the version i tried had protein isolated from peas, so if you wanna try this shit make sure you know what you're getting into.

Didnt taste too bad though.
>>
>>7101640
How did it taste? Was it hard to drink, did you have to hold your nose?

I sometimes hate eating and have been looking into switching to a diet like this to get around that.
>>
>>7105511
the formulation I used more or less just tasted like oat pancakes. I later switched to a a vanilla flavored rice protein source and that made it taste more like a cake batter, albeit not nearly as sweet so it was easily drinkable.
>>
>>7101235
Someone told me it's good for weight gain to get those extra calories you're missing, the only problem is: I hate soy milk.

I tried GOMAD before but milk fills me up too much that if I drink a gallon of it I don't eat much food.

Note: I only want to gain fat, I'm not interested in muscle because I'm not a dude.
>>
>>7101235
too expensive
not until the price is down to a competitive 50-100$ for a month of supply
>>
>>7106461
doesn't use soy milk as an ingredient, at least some versions use it as a protein source, though it wont effect the taste too much.

>>7106486
indeed, that's why it's worth it to make it yourself, a month costs me ~$70
>>
>>7101483
10/10
>>
>>7101235
Pure Protein!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXXQqj-4m5c
>>
>>7103564
>>7101449
fear mongering faggots

theres nothing wrong with soy your xenoestrogen bro sicence is lies! Theres no legit documentation stating that your testosterone will drop or you'll get manboobs or a second or third x chromosome
>>
>>7103564

grow? come on anon you arent fooling anyone
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.