[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUGAR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: Stylized_granulated_sugar.jpg (686KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Stylized_granulated_sugar.jpg
686KB, 1024x768px
Sugar, how bad is it for you in reality?

I like to add sugar to my tea, but since I am trying to stay healthy, I am concrned that adding sugar detracts from a healthy life style?

What does /ck/ know about sugar and how do you blend sugar into your daily /ck/ creations?
>>
it's the fructose that's bad 4 u
>>
Most days, the only added sugar I eat is in my morning coffee and it's less than a tablespoon into nearly a litre/quart of the stuff.

Things that have sugar added to them already that I eat regularly are biscuits, pastries, donuts or cereal at breakfast and that's about it.
I don't typically snack on sweets.
I don't typically eat desserts.
I don't typically add sugar to my cooking.

In all, I'd imagine that in a day, I likely go through about two-to-three tablespooons of sugar, about 30g, on average, though most days, it's far less than that.
>>
use an artificial sweetener. I recommend aspartame. tastes great. I use 12 packets of the stuff a day.
>>
>>7099963
>Things that have sugar added to them already that I eat regularly are biscuits, pastries, donuts or cereal at breakfast and that's about it.
>I eat regularly

>I don't typically snack on sweets.
>I don't typically eat desserts

Which is it?
>>
File: th.jpg (20KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
20KB, 480x320px
>>7099963
I'm fucked, drinking a tea right now that's 18g of sugar. That's like more than half of what I'm supposed to eat per day. Apparently it's no more than 36g per day.

>>7099991
>aspartame
What the fuck!!
>>
File: chekkem.jpg (12KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
chekkem.jpg
12KB, 248x249px
>>7100000
>>
>>7100000
Wow! I can't believe lil ol' me got quints. Bitter sweet feeling - my post was not worthy.
>>
>>7099999
I can see how the wording might be ambiguous.

Let me awkwardly rephrase that so that you'll better understand:

>Things that have sugar added to them already that I eat regularly are biscuits at breakfast, pastries at breakfast, donuts at breakfast or cereal at breakfast and that's about it.

There we are.
Outside of breakfast, I don't eat those things much. Other things at breakfast: toast with jam (yes, jam has sugar!) toast with custard (yes, custard has sugar!) toast with peanut butter (minimal amount, but yes: peanut butter also has sugar!) and toast with nutella.

Outside of breakfast, I don't usually eat these foods.
>>
Its not only about the amount of simple sugar but also the totaal carbs you ingest. Simple sugars give you an unnatural blood sugar spike that puts enourmous pressure on your liver to produce insuline. After years of this abuse you increase your chances of developing the beeetuus. So the to combat this one should eat mostly complex carbs and reduce intake of simple sugars and refined carbs. Source>>> a mediocre degree in biomedical sciences with nutrition as a minor
>>
>>7099951
>Sugar, how bad is it for you in reality?

Only terrible in excess, like all things. Just avoid typical sugar heavy shit like soda, Starbucks, candy, cake, juice etc. Use 0 calorie sweeteners if you like shit like cofee and tea. You'll eventually become quite sensitive to sugar and eat less and less of it and require less and less sweeteners.
>>
>>7100102
>claims to have a biomed degree and to have studied "nutrition"
>is completely wrong about everything
1) the liver produces glucose, not insulin
2) glucose is a sugar, so the liver does exactly the opposite of what you claimed it does
3) that glucose is responsible to break down insulin, so not only does the liver do the opposite of what you claimed, it actually does something to /counteract/ what you claimed it does
4) you're an idiot and a liar
5) the pancreas produces insulin
6) you didn't even mention the pancreas in your post because of item 4 on this list
7) nobody loves you and you have no friends

With <3,
some guy with a cognitive science degree who has never studied biology in depth at a collegiate level but clearly knows more about it than you do
>>
>>7100159
Yes yes you are right my apologies for that i just reached home from an extra long work day. Specifically beta cells produce insuline and these can get "worn out" after a while. I did say i only did a minor in nutrition so this is vague facts from a loong time ago nut the basic theory checks out just search it up.
>>
>>7099951
A little sugar won't kill you. I like to keep my carb intake between 20-40g a tsp of sugar is 4.2 g of carbs.
>>
>>7100195
Why so low? What do you even eat?
>>
>>7100184
>extra long work day
Let's see... in the parts of the world that matters, it's still Sunday or wee into Monday.
Unless you're in a Mohammedan country, it's unlikely you were working hard in the office on a Sunday. If you're in one of the few places that matter where it's Monday right now, the latest in the day it could be would be just shy of 3.00pm, which is hardly a long work day.
>inb4 you claim to be a doctor and you had an overnight shift
No. You'd have said you were a doctor from the beginning if that were true.

Why do you lie to strangers on the internet?
>>
>>7100215
Maybe he's poor and takes extra part-time jobs on the weekend. You don't know him.
>>
>>7100228
>biomed degree
My best friend has a degree in biomed. He doesn't earn a whole lot (USD$64K cuz we talk about money unashamedly), but he ain't poor.
In fact, according to payscale.com, he's just around the median pay for his degree and work (just under USD$63K).

There's little chance anyone with a biomed degree who's left school such "a loong time ago" that s/he'd forget the most rudimentary parts of this shit is earning such a poor income that they'd have to work part time on weekends.

I call shenanigans.
>>
>>7100243
biomed is just "Everyone who wanted to be doctors but weren't smart enough: The degree"
>>
>>7100243
Well the average pay were i am from is about 30k a year and also im not working in my field now so there is that but lets use this cooking board to discuss the mistake i made instead of the topic at hand wich is how much sugar is too much
>>
File: Do not bully.jpg (386KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
Do not bully.jpg
386KB, 1280x1707px
This is now a no bully zone.

Every post after this one will not tolerate bullying.
>>
>>7100264
I don't know about others, but that best friend of mine wanted to work in biomed since high school. Now that he actually does, he regrets the decision and makes apps and art and shit on the side in the hopes that one of these other ventures will earn enough that he can quit.

>>7100267
Shenanigans: I calls them.
>>
>>7100000
Nice dubs. I like the Raspberry flavored one myself but it's hard to find here.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.