[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad Holiday Meal Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: disgusted-face-man.jpg (79KB, 446x599px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-face-man.jpg
79KB, 446x599px
>Work abroad
>A group of Americans from the company I work for are having a Thanksgiving get together.
>Decide, fuck it I should go
>Potluck style, so everyone who comes brings some stuff
>Most of the food ends up being complete garbage
>People using canned soup and vegetables for casseroles
>People using bagged pre-shredded cheese. And it was not even a decent brand- it was Kraft (and we are in England- they have great cheddar here)
>They use cool whip for the pie. How fucking hard is it to buy some cream and whip it yourself?

Now, for day to day cooking I can understand some of these shortcuts, though I still don't do them myself, but for a damn holiday meal can't you at least take a little more time to make food that isn't half processed shit???

Any other horrible holiday meal stories?
>>
It's about being together, anon
>>
Sorry anon, the only thing the American government allows us to eat is Kraft singles, and making anything from scratch was outlawed in 1967. Therefore, you will never meet or see a single american ever making anything homemade.
>>
>>7098875
I don't think so. It's also about good food, you stupid nigger.
>>
>in England
>cool whip
Stop bullshitting, OP. You can't even buy that crap here, I've never seen it in my life. We do have squirty cream though.
>>
>>7098870
so what did you bring
>>
>>7098948
irish stew of course!
>>
>>7098946
THey go to the american base and buy it on the comissary, kyou dumb fuck
>>
You do not get coolwhip in the UK you lying fatty.

Or is this just another case of the Titanic-Crackers naming everything after brands?
>>
>>7098948
I brought butternut squash and some german potato salad
>>
>>7099002
>gets caught out lying
>calls everyone else a dumb fuck
Why even lie and say it was in England? Just admit it was in America, and that you're American too
>>
>>7098946
THey bought in the comissary on the US base
>>
>>7099015
No they did not.
Stop lying. It's cringeworthy.
>>
>>7099015
>>7099002
Stop lying you dumb faggot
>>
>>7099015
yes, they did. they are all US military...
>>
>>7099006
I can provide proof that I'm in England if you don't believe me.
>>
>>7099032
That doesn't make your story true, fuckwit.
>>
>>7099035
ok, but people are saying I lied about being in England.

ANd the story is true. You think there aren't any people that use KRAFT and cool whip for holiday meal ?
>>
>>7099042
>ANd
You've been drinking.
>>
>>7098870
>canned veg

Better not be dissing canned tomatoes. All my best tomato sauces use those. Guessing you mean other shit though.

>cool whip

Didn't even know we had that shit in the UK.

Literally no idea why anyone would buy fucking premade whipping cream. It takes 5 minutes, maximum, and that's if you're using a hand whisk.

People are retards
>>
>>7099048
nah, mate. the shift key on me keyboard is just proper fucked
>>
Don't worry OP, I believe you.
I went to school with many sons and daughters of foreign military and they always bought wholesale junk food at their base.
In my experience potlucks are very hit or miss.
>>
>>7099050
no, canned tomatoes are the only exception in my eye

the cool whip they bought from a US base in the Northamptonshire
>>
>>7099051
> not using caps lock

fgt
>>
>>7099032

They're just trying to wind you up, pal. For what it's worth, I believe you- I've visited RAF Lakenheath and Mildenhall and stocked up on American junk food while there, the base NAAFIs (or whatever you guys call your shops) sell a lot of that kind of thing because it's what people tend to miss when they're away from home. Sucks that people didn't put any effort in, especially when you're overseas and it's the kind of thing you're going to miss out on otherwise.
>>
>>7098870
>buy some cream and whip it yourself?
explain
>>
My mom uses microwavable everything

And people wonder why I volunteered to work all day on Thanksgiving
>>
>>7098875
He doesn't know how to socialize.
>>
>>7099989
1. buy cream
2. whip it
3. ????
4. Profit
>>
>>7100863
yeah,k it's easy
>>
File: Government_Cheese.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Government_Cheese.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>7098888
Quads don't lie, we get the gubment cheese while being controlled by niggers, you don't want to come here.
>>
>>7098870
Nice blog post fagbait
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.