[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ethnic foods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (284KB, 750x866px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284KB, 750x866px
I live in Glendale, California
Have awesome, friendly Armenian neighbors.
They always invite me over for their background cookouts.
They have amazing delicious food.
What ethnic foods have different with it people in your country introduced you to?
>>
>>7097963
*Backyard
>>
File: Royale With Tastee Cheese.jpg (291KB, 1200x623px) Image search: [Google]
Royale With Tastee Cheese.jpg
291KB, 1200x623px
>>7097963
Let's just get this out of the way

>People from cities around Glendale shit on Glendale.
>People from other states than California shit on California
>People from outside the United States shit on the United States.
>East coast vs West Coast
>Coastie scum
>Flyover fatasses
>These dishes are from ____ not ____ you stupid fucktarded fatass [derogatory term for poster based on wherever it is you're from's preferred reason to shit on them]
>>
>>7097978
I don't know why you're being a cunt. Go to /pol/ with that. We're just here to talk food.
>>
>>7097991
He mentioned 3 different places in his OP. This thread is nothing but ANOTHER thinly veiled vector for dozens of people to screech like harpies about how superior they are to whereverthefuck for 200 odd posts.
>>
>>7097991
anon's summarizing what this thread will become in about maybe 20 posts.
>>
>>7098015
No it's not asshole. This thread is about "gee, I never had a taco and my Mexican neighbor gave me a taco and I love it!"
What ethnic foods have been introduced to you?
>>
>What ethnic foods have different with it people in your country introduced you to?
wat
>>
>>7098084
Korean food. I've found that I like kimchi alot since its like a spicy saurkraut. Those nori wrapped rolls they pack for picnics are pretty tasty also

>The first response to this post will be someone decrying kimchi as a meme or someone squeeling about what a horrid people the koreans are
>>
>>7098194
>All this goraboo paranoia
>actually calling kimbap "nori rolls"
>>
>>7097963

All food is "ethnic food".
>>
>people actually literally believe "ethnic" means "from non white people"
a burger is just as ethnic as a worm kabob.
>>
Had a neighbor who brought carapulcra to a cook out. It doesn't look like much but it's delicious.
>>
>tfw you are that "ethnic," foreign neighbour
I've introduced my neighbours to some things and, in exchange, they introduce me to soul food.

I like American homecooking. So far, I've tried black-eyed peas with smoked turkey, collards with baon, corn-battered fish, Geechee rice and beans, Geechee smothered pork chops and American "goulash," among a few other dishes.

I've introduced them to Venetian goulash, fried polenta, frico, Hungarian smothered pork chops, Italian rice and beans, cabbage risotto and our way of doing fried chicken, among a few other dishes.

That's the stuff I've liked, anyway. They also introduced me to this disgustingly sweet dessert called 'hummingbird cake.' Horrid.
>>
>>7097963
I've done the Southern California Armenian food thing. Lived right next to Little Armenia in Hollywood for about half a year. Between that and Thaitown I ate really well.

As a kid I had family friends who were Italian, Italian American and Cantonese (restaurant owners). As a young man I had both Greek and a Portuguese girlfriends, and their immigrant mothers turned me on to some great food. Then a Trini girl I hung with for a while showed me how to make oxtails, curry goat and rice and peas.

After that I lived in a Little Tokyo, then a neighborhood where Jews of Eastern European descent were well represented, so I got turned on to those flavors. Now my neighbors are Polish (underrated baked goods), Chinese, Mexican and Puerto Rican. Seriously good food everywhere I turn. And I'm just 30 blocks from a seriously Middle Eastern neighborhood where good Lebanese is easy to find and cheap.

Couldn't be happier as far as food goes.
>>
File: 1446759478539.jpg (55KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1446759478539.jpg
55KB, 500x669px
>>7097963
ive been around Asians a lot I guess. when we were in England, we had an Asian lady friend and she taught be fried rice. then we went back to the US and I hung out with pinoys. then to vegas and it was more pinoys. now I'm in Virginia and its mostly Koreans.

I like the Koreans. theyre kinda fucked but their food is goooooood. the Filipinos are cool as fuck, 100%. but theyre so elusive.

I'm an American white boy who eats nothing but rice and meat and stuff chucked in with the rice, maybe beans.

in vegas I got a lot of latino. same as new mexico and working with immigrants from SA. their food has done a lot to influence my shit. ill make you the best fucking omellette with a corn tortilla and some cheese. beans are good.

idk what y mom cooks. shes American, from the deep south, relocated to beachy florida. her food is pretty unique. I dunno where it comes from, but its pretty heavy of veggies, conservative with meat. her and my grandmas spaghetti comes with really finely diced onion, and maybe green pepper and cooked carrot. its les sof a tomato sauce. my gma has more of a sauce, but its a very fine sauce, like everything has been minced to be quite small.

my dad showed me Arabic food. I fuckin love it. shits too good. I cant cook it for fuck tho. I made a tika masala once. that about as far as ive gone.

I love the Japanese, but the more I try their stuff, the less I like it. seems just kinda like buttery sweaty food. like french but amazingly without any butter and flavored with fish.

whats the veggie mix called that comes with papusas?
>>
File: laughing owl Strix_varia_DM1.jpg (91KB, 300x600px) Image search: [Google]
laughing owl Strix_varia_DM1.jpg
91KB, 300x600px
>>7098764
>he thinks tika masala is arab food!
>>
>>7098271
But Armenians are white. Well, they're Caucasian really, but that still counts.

I think when they mean "ethnic", they mean "not WASP/African American", because even Norwegian food is called ethnic in America
>>
>>7097978
>Tastee Cheese

Jamaica please. I used to think that shit was high class cheese for years. Now I can only eat that solidified cheese whiz when I'm starving.

Even then, my stomach disagrees.
>>
>>7098781
>armenians
>white
lol
>>
>>7098790
>whites
>white

lol
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.