[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how often do you guys wash your hands when cooking with raw food?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: woman-washing-hands.jpg (273KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
woman-washing-hands.jpg
273KB, 2000x1000px
how often do you guys wash your hands when cooking with raw food?

I went to America and saw my American friend handle raw food, then touch their phone, then touch everything else in sight without washing their hands. Is this common?
>>
>>7096787
I leave the faucet running and wash and rinse constantly.

>Microbiology major
>>
>>7096787
Before, then after. Your friend is just lazy and gross.
>>
I usually wash my hands after I put the meat in the pan. Or I just wont touch anything with that hand until I've washed it.
>>
>>7096793
that sounds wasteful
>>
>>7096793
What do you do about soap? Do you have one of those motion-sensor dispensers? (serious question)
>>
>>7096793

>muh body has no natural immunity to foodborne illness

Pansy, don't go to Asia...any part of it...ever.
>>
>>7096812
Lived in Dongducheon for 18 months. Get over yourself.
>>
Everytime i need to handle things other than meat and the meat knife. Maybe more if im handling poultry. I fucking hate poultry
>>
I'm naughty and only quickly rinse and dry the hand that touched it. I just don't have the time or the inclination to constantly scrub down every time I touch raw meat.

Also I use one cutting board for everything, though I do clean after cutting the meat if I need to cut something else later. I don't have the space in my tiny kitchen to have so many cutting boards.
>>
I never, ever touch raw meat with my bare hands. I work in the food industry, so I steal boxes of food handling gloves from work and wear those. The gloves don't touch anything except for raw meat and knives. If I need to interrupt my meat handling (haha), the gloves come off and I put on a fresh pair before resuming.

I DO handle raw veggies/fruits with bare hands though. I always wash my hands before touching them and at least rinse afterwards.
>>
>>7097260

This
>>
>>7096787
No it isn't common. I wash my hands thoroughly everytime I handle raw food.
>>
>>7096787
That's more telling of who you associate with. Get decent friends and that won't happen.
>>
>>7097224
Same here senpai. Though I try to cut up all my veggies before starting up on the meat.
>>
I'll generally wash my hands anything from 10 to 20 times per meal.
>>
>>7099216
I'm like this guy. But I have OCD and a mother who got toxoplasmosis from raw meat, so I'm a bit paranoid.
>>
>>7096787

I don't touch raw meat with my hands as unorthodox as that is.

I move it with a fork or tongs, and use them to hold it down if I'm cutting it.

The only raw stuff I get on my hands is egg, as I'm clumsy at cracking them. Then I usually wash right after having cracked all the eggs.
>>
I wash them a lot and try to avoid contamination as much as I can, both with raw meats and vegetables that are not pre-washed (potatoes, carrots...) I try to organize the process in such a way I don't have to stop and wash my hands 10 times per meal though, and when I can, I don't touch stuff with my hands but with tools instead.
I use soap more regularly when working with fatty meat and such, otherwise a good rub without it is usually enough for a wash in the middle of the process of cooking.
I've worked at a food laboratory as a laboratorian.
>>
>>7096787
I like to fap with the juices leftover on my hands from raw chicken
>>
File: dog b.jpg (44KB, 454x340px) Image search: [Google]
dog b.jpg
44KB, 454x340px
>>7099303
Hey man, that's pretty funny LOL
>>
>>7096787
It depends on the type of food. I wash my hands after handling raw meat, but not necessarily after handling raw veggies.
>>
File: JennyChang.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
JennyChang.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
> Have a "safe" and "unsafe" zone in fridge, kitchen, even on the body
> Wash hand if touch something in the "unsafe" zone
> Scream like a retard if someone touch me then take a shower
> No one can enter in any room w/o permission or there is the real possibility that i kill him/her
> If one insect enter the house fucking apocalipse is what happens
>>
Somewhat related - I often reuse the same plate/bowl from the night(s) before without washing them.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-04-20-52-00.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-04-20-52-00.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
>>7097260
Fuck I just buy latex gloves, I keep a lot in my oh shit bag in my car.

But I use them to cut up or handle my peppers. I grow ghost peppers and carolina reapers and anything else that's insanely hot and use it in chili and shit.

But I'm vegetarian so I don't really have to worry about raw meat contamination anymore. I just don't want to get reaper juice in my eye on accident.

>if you examine the picture though yes the chili had meat in it
>i was making it for my dad but I bought everything pre-cut
>>
>>7097224
DIRTY HANDS SPREAD DISEASE!!!!
>>
>>7096787
Every time I touch raw food I at least rinse my hands.
>>
>>7096787
Yeah we have an immune system that's how we killed the indians.

Learn history dork.
>>
>>7099905
What recipe do you use for vegetarian chili?
>>
>>7099905
>>7097260
yall are fucking pussies. at home i could not give less of a fuck about cross contamination because the amount of product i'm working with is just not enough to do anything to anybody. i taste my raw chicken to make sure it's seasoned properly.

At work it's a completely different story. There I deal with industrial quantities of food and prepare for people who are possibly immunocompromised.

Remember, food handling procedures are designed to be safe for everyone, even the sick and elderly. If you're a healthy individual and you're being more cautious with your own personal preparations than the FDA requires you to be for old people, you're just a wimp.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.