[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hot Wings with Anon: Sauce Recipe Included Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_0131.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0131.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Heya /ck/, it's me again. Since I'm going to be busy leading up to Thanksgiving, this cooking with Anon is coming to you a few days early! While I get ready to fry the chicken, I'll get this thread started with today's sauce. Now, there are other recipes that take less time, but this sauce took a few days, to be straightforward.*

Start by getting some peppers! I used Jalepenos and a Hungarian wax pepper for a mild but noticeable heat.

*While this sauce could be done in a day, I'd recommend an alternative recipe or buying store sauce.
>>
>>7096515
>it's me again
Translation: Remember when I used to troll the fuck out of this board and shitpost more than I breathe air?
>>
File: IMG_0134.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0134.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>7096521
What? Last time I made a cooking with Anon thread I did ramen; this is my second thread of this type.

Anyway, after you wash these peppers off, you'll want to remove the stems!
>>
>>7096566
Figures you'd try to deny it. But we all know "it's you again" and you crap up the board like a Sambuka drunk flinging feces.
>>
I remember you, OP. At least one person recommended serranos to you. Keep going, I would like to see your recipe.
>>
You making the sauce now or just posting pictures, I need to gauge the level of attention i give this thread today
>>
>>7096515
Sorry OP but you seem a little lost. I'd like to remind you that here at /ck/, threads that are actually about cooking are frowned upon. This board is mostly just for fast food, jack threads, and memes. Please delete this thread and enjoy your stay!
>>
File: IMG_0135.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0135.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>7096598
Both; I made the sauce days in advance and turned it into buffalo sauce. That's why I've been so slow; I had to finish it on the stovetop.

Now we're going to put these peppers in a food processor with two tablespoons of salt. I know it sounds like a lot; don't worry, you won't be drinking saltwater by the end.

When it's finished, move it to a bowl. It should look like this! Let it sit overnight, preferably in the fridge.
>>
File: IMG_0143.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0143.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>7096653
>I made the sauce days in advance
To clarify, I started. It's finishing now and getting incorporated into buffalo sauce on an as-needed basis, so I might have to make more if I run out of the amount I finished a few minutes ago.

Now, after a day or two, bring back out your mixture and add 1 to 2 cups of vinegar, depending on how long you'll let this age and how much you like a somewhat vinegary hot sauce. I used one and 1 one fourth.

You'll put this back up and let it sit for one to five days! The pepper flavor is said to get a bit more noticeable the longer you let it rest, though I haven't tested it myself. I let mine sit for about three days.
>>
Oh! Distilled white vinegar! I don't think it'd turn out so well with apple cider vinegar or something of the sort.
>>
>>7096677
Hows it smell? Just vinegary?
>>
File: IMG_0147.jpg (446KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0147.jpg
446KB, 2048x1152px
>>7096713
Very peppery, actually. More peppery than vinegary.

Now, when the mixture has aged for your preferred amount of time, we're going to strain it out into a large container and portion it out as needed. I used a generic pasta strainer with a cheese cloth lining to keep as many solids as I could from getting into the mix. These solids can be used for whatever else you'd like, but I haven't thought of anything for them yet, so they're hanging out in my fridge. Some thicker recipes have you blend up the entire pepper instead of doing this process.
>>
File: IMG_0146.jpg (58KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0146.jpg
58KB, 1920x1080px
This is what you should get after straining.
>>
Now put the remaining liquid into whatever containers you'd like! Jar some up if you want to keep it around for a while. Canning is fine, too, and it'll make the stuff last quite a while.
>>
File: IMG_0145.jpg (187KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0145.jpg
187KB, 2048x1152px
>>7096751
Whoops, forgot the picture!
>>
File: TRASH.gif (3MB, 525x524px) Image search: [Google]
TRASH.gif
3MB, 525x524px
>>7096515

you had better not be fucking around this time buddy
>>
>>7096754
Where's the whipped cream?
>>
>>7096746 this pic is comfy

Are these wings going to spicy or just flavorful?
>>
File: IMG_0151.jpg (418KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0151.jpg
418KB, 2048x1152px
There's the hot! Now, we have to do the wings! We also need to turn that hot sauce into a buffalo wings sauce, which we'll also do here.

Now, get your wings lightly floured and seasoned. I used a bit of cayenne and seasoned salt.
>>
>>7096764
dude

im pretty sure the sauce would taste like salt vinegar

not evern salt water

salt vinegar
>>
>>7096759
Whipped cream?

>>7096760
These wings will have some spice to them, but not an insane amount of heat. For reference, a jalepeno pepper is about 2.5-8.0k scoville units. Tabasco and cayenne peppers, of which many hot sauces are made, are about 30-50k.
>>
File: IMG_0150.jpg (194KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0150.jpg
194KB, 2048x1152px
Now, after flouring the chicken, you can leave it alone for a bit (I put it in the fridge). We're going to make some of the buffalo sauce! I both fried and baked chicken to see how the sauce will adhere; this is the baked chicken in the previous picture. Frying the chicken is all the same, but frying!

Now, portion out some of your hot sauce; I made a small batch to test for flavor and adjust as needed, so 2/3 of a cup works.
>>
>>7096772
Yeah. Whipped cream. I'm waiting for the weird shit you're known for
>>
File: IMG_0149.jpg (348KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0149.jpg
348KB, 2048x1152px
>>7096799
I'm telling you, you've got the wrong Anon.

Now! We're going to add some butter (Not too much! My sample batch used a bit too much, and the result is too buttery. About two and a half tablespoons or less, or even better, to taste, should do the trick.

I also put in just a bit of cayenne pepper. For thickening, xantham gum is preferred, though flour or cornstarch works in a pinch with varied results.
>>
it feels like i am the only one left in the thread
>>
maybe i am
>>
>>7096841
>>7096843
just post your shit faggot
>>
>>7096843
well ima go attempt suicide agaa
>>
>>7096834
Just butter? No garlic purée or onion juice?
>>
>>7096871
I considered a bit of garlic powder but decided against it. I might add some later.

>>7096846
That isn't me posting, so I'm unsure if he has anything to post. Sorry, I was frying and putting the floured chicken in the oven. Which, by the way, you should do once the sauce is finished!

You can give it a precursory dip in the sauce, but it'll mostly come off during baking along with the grease, if you bake on a rack above your pan.
>>
Buffalo sauce doesn't take days to make, it's made right on the spot and done with. That's part of the goodness, it doesn't need to be brined in faggotry or given some chelsea bullshit. It's just buffalo sauce, don't make more of it than it is.

You're a strange one OP and likely not from NY.
>>
File: IMG_0152.jpg (443KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0152.jpg
443KB, 2048x1152px
Here's before hopping in the oven.

Tossed wings coming up in next pic!
>>
>>7096941
bump
>>
File: IMG_0158.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0158.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>7096938
The buffalo sauce didn't take long at all, it was the hot sauce portion, since I didn't purchase hot sauce to make the buffalo sauce with.

Finished wings! My usual glamor shot camera isn't here, so have my phone camera.

Baked wing suffered a bit of damage on the way out of the oven. haha.

They taste nice! The buffalo sauce is pretty... Interesting. Not as hot as the other buffalo sauces (it uses a naturally less spicy pepper) but a very enjoyable, low heat.
>>
I am observing this thread, please continue OP.
>>
>>7096972
That was it, friendly anon, though I do have some notes.

Try this with even spicier peppers! I'd be interested in doing it myself.

Also, keep your butter content low! Feel free to add in more of the pure sauce if you think it's too much.
>>
>>7097021
thank you OP. sounds and looks yummy. will try soon.
>>
>>7096834
Is your sauce really just butter and hot pepper juice?
>>
>>7096967
Good thread. Thanks. Liked the idea of leaving chopped chilli in vinegar and taking the liquid. Not seen that before.
>>
>>7097021
get a deep fryer for better results but those look like a 10 for over
>>
>>7097027
A bit of seasonings as well and a pinch of flour (opted not to try too much to make the sauce thicker with no xantham gum in the house).

>>7097025
>>7097029
>>7097032

Thanks! Yeah, the old deep fryer actually broke; I need to get another one.
>>
>>7097021
I have several packs of lemon pepper seeds I plan on growing this spring. Any thoughts on using lemon peppers for this?
>>
>>7097197
It'd be worth a shot! Keep me updated if you try it!
>>
>>7096967
left wing looks like a pelican judging me with its beady black eyes
>>
>>7097449
Kek, I actually see what you're talking about.
>>
File: IMG_0160.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0160.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Normal magma red wings with the sauce for contrast.
>>
>>7098250
What should be on next thread's agenda, come to think of it?
>>
>>7097449
A wonderful bird is the Pelican.
His beak can hold more than his belly can.
He can hold in his beak
Enough food for a week!
But I'll be darned if I know how the hellican?
--Edward Lear

I first heard that in an old Columbo episode. "The Conspirators"
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.