[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else hate "Thanksgiving Food?" I hate turkey,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9

File: market.jpg (86KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
market.jpg
86KB, 500x555px
Anyone else hate "Thanksgiving Food?" I hate turkey, hate ham, can do with or without stuffing, and dont like dessert. ANyone else? Im probably just going to get some b dubz the night before and heat it up while everyone else eats turkey
>>
>>7093909
So you're one of those manchildren who won't eat anything but takeout? Do your family a favor and kill yourself so they don't have to pretend to tolerate you.
>>
>>7093927
t-thanks y-y-you too
>>
>>7093909
i dont love it, but i make do. thanksgivings at both grandparents houses for me are about the same, dry and boring. its textbook thanksgiving, half assed. my mom does better doing turkey on a weekday in september than they do.
>>
File: girlfriend.png (107KB, 460x303px) Image search: [Google]
girlfriend.png
107KB, 460x303px
>>7093909

in the basement at your "battle station" with your girlfriend (pictured)?

god I hate picky eaters
>>
>>7093909
It's probably on the bottom of my holiday meal list.
>>
>>7093935
nope at the table with my parents, we are all pretty anti social so we just have thanksgiving to ourselves
>>
I don't hate it, but I prefer ham to turkey. My family doesn't really do "traditional" Thanksgiving supper. I usually make cube steak (with gravy), mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, deviled eggs, a nice steak for myself, and some other stuff if requested. Fresh made bread all around. It's nice.

All from scratch too. This year I'm going to smoke some beef jerky before Thanksgiving so I can have something to munch on whilst cooking.

After everyone eats and has a nice supper, I always sit on the porch with my dog and smoke my pipe and drink some whiskey. It's a nice end to a nice day.
>>
>>7093909
Ask your mom to microwave some fish sticks or chicken fingers for you.
>>
>>7093950
Already said what I was going to do in the OP, get food the night before
>>
>>7093950

better yet, bowl of cereal and read back of box at table like breakfast
>>
File: 1447976018519.jpg (26KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
1447976018519.jpg
26KB, 500x279px
>>7093909

>move in with new roommates
>always used to having cranberry sauce to go with Turkey
>everyone I live with now hates it
>it's not the same without it
>tfw buying an $0.89 can of cranberry sauce for yourself
>tfw no one leaves you alone about it

I just like cranberries man ;_;
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 531x471px
>>7093953
You got a problem with doing cereal box word funds and crossword puzzles?
>>
>>7093909
I don't mind Thanksgiving food, but I hate the get-togethers.

Hours of relatives, the majority of whom are at least 25 years older than me, talking about shit I don't care about or passive-aggressively telling me I'm a failure/need a gf. Coupled with meeting up with cousins who aren't failures/don't need gfs/bfs despite me being from by far the poorest family branch and while academically outperforming them, getting fucked over by my parents' general incompetence when I was too young to do anything about it and their unending need to do shit on my behalf and mess it up now that I'm nearly 20.

"Oh Anon, why aren't you in school? You're wasting all that brain of yours."

Maybe it's because my parents fucked me over? They lied to me about giving me a semester of school as a gift and then barred me from registration for a year because they didn't have the money at all and the university was pissed and wouldn't let me register until it was paid back. Despite looking, I didn't finally get employed until May at a place that didn't finally open until July and even pulling manager-level hours (60 hours) I couldn't get the cash together.

Add onto that the fact they screwed with my plans to initiate a discussion with financial aid by logging into my email while I was either away and left my phone at home or asleep and started messaging university faculty on my behalf, and the fact they took out a loan in my name and refused to inform me of it/withheld the mail from me and THEN decided to stop paying on it for a while and fucked my credit score, and I don't know what the fuck to do.

But yeah no I'm perfectly aware I'm not doing as well right now as my cousins who were literally raised by millionaires in non-shithole towns with parents that weren't so prudish that they forbid reading Harry Potter because muh witchcraft.

Man fuck Thanksgiving.
>>
>>7093971

ya missed the joke dumbo
>>
>>7093909
>Anyone else hate "Thanksgiving Food?"
Hate is too strong a word, but left to my own devices I would never eat turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce or candied yams. I'm neutral on mashed potatoes and gravy.

I do like pumpkin pie, though.
>>
>>7093909
I hate dry turkey, that's what I hate. Most of the other things, I wouldn't mind a little more often, but I don't actually go out of my way make them
>>
I just fucking hate thanksgiving. It's either we get in to a fight or its too boring. Fuck that holiday, and my shitty family and thank god I've had to work 3 thanksgivings in a row.
>>
>>7093931
>dry and boring
This was my experience of Thanksgiving growing up...

But then I got my own place and took over hosting duties - now it's a holiday I look forward to. I time/plan everything in advance so that there's no stress getting everything on the table at the right time, the turkey is always cooked properly (every year my mother tries to tell me I need to let the turkey cook longer, I've learned not to argue, instead I just show her the meat thermometer readout and ignore any further objections), and I provide plenty of wine and beer.
>>
>>7093974
Ha-ha....you fuckin brat. Waaa, my parents couldn't pay my college so I was forced to work. Suck a dick faggot.
>>
>>7093974
Should have taken out loans muh ninja.there are programs that can wipe out your debt.theres a program if you work as a public servant for a set amount of time it wile off your debt.i decided i will do my time as a history teacher and in the meantime do a masters degree.
>>
>>7093909
Holiday food is more important for being traditional than for being an everyday thing.
>>
>>7093947
the end sounds perfect.
>pipe smoking
>whiskey
>dog not gf
just perfect
cheers
>>
>>7094030
If the cook does it right, its something go look forward to. I don't eat anything related to the traditional spread items all year, so its repetative.
>>
>>7093965
You eat your nasty assed fuckin' Cranberry sauce and tell your roommates to eat shit.
>>
>>7094028
No, I don't mind working.
I mind being lied to. If they just told me they couldn't pay for college, I would've gone on and worked anyway.

But when you say you do and you actually can't, I don't take out a loan because I think that money's already there, and I have to find out it isn't by my school refusing to let me register for a year while I work.

Ordinarily, I would just take out a student loan and work while I can, with the understanding that postgraduate employment will relieve most of the loan load.

Also I like how you ignore the fact they stole my identity.

>>7094029
Hindsight is 20/20. Also yeah, I was looking into some of the gov't programs for that.
>>
>>7093974
whine my parents didn't pay for my college that means they fucked me over and ruined my life.

>Millennials:the post
>>
>>7094042
Never been able to stomach the stuff. I'm looked as retarded basically for being the only one in my family for not desiring it.
>>
>>7094045
See the post directly above you.

Not paying is fine, but don't say you've got it and put me in debt I would otherwise have managed myself and then say "Oh well nah."

Also don't steal my identity, put my credit in the low 400's, and use my email.

Reading comprehension isn't very great on /ck/ it seems.
>>
>>7094044
Okay...I'm the guy who told you to suck a dick. Yea the identity thing is pretty fucked. My mom registered me to vote against my permission or want. Still haven't voted and 30. I'll give you that one nigger.
>>
>>7093974
Sounds illegal as fuck. Sue your parents and get money for college to tell them to suck your dick.
>>
>>7094046
Don't worry. I never liked it either. Especially the shit with WHOLE CRANBERRIES OMFG.
>>
>>7094059
Anything related to a jelly substance should only be consumed on 2 occasion's. Toast for breakfast, aaaaand who can guess the next one....its kind of tricky.
>>
>>7094055
They don't have any money, aren't malicious, just dumb, and even if I did sue them, I have siblings and it'd just make it harder on them.
>>
Do you hate these things because your family can't cook for shit? I can't see how anyone could hate turkey unless they're really picky, the turkey is made terribly, or can't grasp such a simple food.
>>
>>7094094
Your mom must be a slut. Am I right?
>>
>>7094097
Nope I went out to nice places before for thanksgiving, my mom is a good cook etc... I just dont enjoy it
>>
>>7094098
Not that I know of, kek.
>>
>>7094108
Dude I bet you've seen her tits.
>>
>>7094078
Jelly... beans?
>>
>>7094138
No
>>
>>7094112
Not since infancy lol.
Kidding, wasn't even breastfed.
>>
>>7094102
What don't you enjoy, exactly?

I get not liking Thanksgiving in general, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the food. What don't you like about those foods?
>>
I fucking love Thanksgiving food, but I'm screwed this year, because I won't be able to eat hardly any of it. I just got out of the hospital from having acute pancreatitis, and I have to have gallbladder surgery sometime soon, so until I do, I can't have anything fatty, greasy, sweets, caffeine, chocolate, refined carbs, or any kind of junk food.
So, I guess I'll just be eating turkey breast and whatever vegetables aren't smothered in fatty sauces. Sucks.
>>
>>7094200
>I just got out of the hospital from having acute pancreatitis
Drunk, or just terrible diet? Or both?
>>
>>7094208
Neither. Just some bad luck. Got the gallstones. I mean, I do (or used to drink), but not to excess. I hadn't had a single alcoholic beverage in over 2 weeks when this happened. And my diet is actually pretty clean compared to most people. Lots of veggies, fruits, lean meats. IDK why this happened, and the doctors said the same, sometimes is just shitty luck.
>>
>>7093974
>sing mom is poor so no college for me after HS
>get job that pays OK
>don't go to college till 25 because i don't have to claim my parents income after that
>not making shit still and get full financial aid
>go to JC for free and UC for only $500 after financial aid
>get BA while working
>get promoted
>make 61k/yr now
try harder faggot
>>
People ask me: Marco, how do you make delicious Thanksgiving food when you spend all day masturbating while shoving stock pots down your throat until you start to asphyxiate and have seizures? It's easy, because Knorr Stockpotsâ„¢ make your Thanksgiving taste better. You should try it.
>>
>>7094244
See anon I'm six years short of that and trying to return to uni within the decade.

Still, happy for you.
>>
>>7093909
Who says you need 'Thanksgiving food'? At bare minimum you just need the turkey and even then a ham or rack of lamb could be a delicious and visually pleasing centerpiece instead.
>>
>>7094214
>bad luck
I would say so. That is some painful shit. Most folks I know who went through it drank their way into it.
>>
File: AnonvotesforBernieFlanders.jpg (200KB, 460x577px) Image search: [Google]
AnonvotesforBernieFlanders.jpg
200KB, 460x577px
>>7093974
>>
>>7094284
>That is some painful shit
You ain't kidding, brother. It felt like I was dying. They had to give me dilaudid to relieve the pain (which was another interesting experience). And I couldn't have anything to drink or eat the entire time I was in there, only fluids by IV. My mouth has never been so dry as fuck before. They took blood samples every few hours to check and see if my pancreatic levels were lowering, and when they finally got back to normal, they let me go, but only after they had me eat to see if it would cause any more pain. So, now I have to get with my primary care doctor and get a surgeon referral to remove my gallbladder, because it's full of stones. So, until that surgery is over (and I have no idea how soon that will be) I'm on the bland, boring food diet, drinking pretty much just water. It's okay though, anything to not have that kind of pain again.
>>
>>7094292
My beef isn't with college itself and I don't have any intention of voting for Sanders.
>>
>>7093909
Vegan here. Pretty annoying to have to pretend I'm not disgusted by a bunch of decaying slaughtered animals and the fact everyone enjoys a turkey's asshole filled with soft bread.
>>
>>7093974
Everyone else is taking your post as an opportunity to look tough, but I feel you man. I always disliked family get togethers for similar reasons
>>
>>7093974
tfw I have like 100 cousins and they're either shitty or we just don't see each other enough that it's literally formalities (school, work, etc.) when we talk and it's just a bunch of fake bullshit. I basically feel like dropping out of my family.
>>
>>7093974
>they screwed with my plans to initiate a discussion with financial aid by logging into my email
You should consider encrypting your hard drives and using a password manager (such as KeePassX) with different randomly generated passwords for each account.

> the fact they took out a loan in my name and refused to inform me of it/withheld the mail from me
Why did they have access to your financials in the first place?
>>
>>7094317
Bad things happen to good people sometimes. I'm eating mostly vegan these days because I drink and my doctor told me I was on the edge of it, and put me on cholesterol pills. Eating mostly vegan got me off them, and still allowed me to keep drinking. But if I went back to my old ways of eating I'd almost be sure to have an attack.
>>
>>7094317
You want to get to know pain? Kidney stones. I passed out a couple times, passing them was that bad.
>>
File: 234248792.jpg (193KB, 648x360px) Image search: [Google]
234248792.jpg
193KB, 648x360px
>>7094354
If you truly hated your family, you'd not go to the get together, it's that fucking simple. Instead you want to bitch about MUH FAMILY PROBLEMS while putting yourself in the same situations over and over. The anon who posted the story sounds like an entitled prick that didn't get his way and now blames his parents for his fuckups,because it's easier than actually working hard for college
>>
>>7094367
They didn't; but I was 17 when they took it out and it's not like I had a lot of secret personal info with me living with them.
>>
File: 549168.jpg (21KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
549168.jpg
21KB, 250x250px
>>7093909
shit bro. I can understand turkey but ham?

there is nothing I can enjoy more than some succulent ass honey glazed ham
>>
>>7094188
I just think turkey is bland and boring, gravy same way, stuffing does nothing for me just none of the food makes me excited its all ehhh
>>
>>7094410

It's a hard bird to cook right. Even if it's not dry, it'll be bland unless you do more to it.

Supposedly, wild turkeys have a lot more flavor but I never tried one :(
>>
>>7094349
What do you prefer salad shooter?
>>
>>7093909
We are having a Korean-themed thanksgiving this year.
>>
>>7094410
If gravy tastes bland then you either have fucked up taste buds or you've had the shittest gravy known to man.
>>
>>7095011
Pheasant?
>>
>>7095022
Im just not a huge fan of it, i like it on mashed potatoes but on turkey it does nothing for me
>>
>>7093909
>Anyone else hate "Thanksgiving Food?"
You wouldn't have said that if you were a starving white settler from the Mayflower
>>
>>7095042
cat.
>>
File: Turkey Flag.jpg (21KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Turkey Flag.jpg
21KB, 480x320px
>>7093909
>I hate Turkey
Me too
>>
>>7093974
why did you post all this here bro
>>
>>7096260
Pay your debnts, Greece
>>
>>7096222
And how!
>>
>>7093909
>coincidentally """"hates"""" all Thanksgiving food.
>b dubz

Highschool freshman confirmed.

Do you complain when your family says prayers? And then do you start talking about genocide of the Native Americans?
>>
>>7094389
Senpai they stole my identity and fucked with my registration.

If they'd just not done anything, I'd appreciate that more, actually.

But they instead actively did the wrong things and left me none the wiser until they screwed up my credit score and put me 10 grand in the hole (without the ability to take out a loan because the loan they took out was a student loan when I was 17 - and already had my schooling expenses covered from acquiring a ton of one-sum scholarships - and they hid all the mail regarding the loan from me, even after they got months behind on it).

I didn't know I had a loan in my name that had been delinquent for months until I looked up my credit score out of boredom from seeing a Credit Karma commercial. I'm working to pay it off now, because I launched an investigation stating to the credit bureaus that I was a minor when the loan was taken out (as my parents didn't tell me they'd taken out a loan in my name until a month after I started the investigation) and the response was that the debt was mine either way.

Don't give me that shit, man. Half the thread has shit on my calling me entitled because apparently not wanting your parents to dump 10 grand of debt on you and make you ineligible to get student loans for the time being, as well as fucking up your college attendance, is being entitled. If they didn't do anything I would've just taken out a student loan like most people, but I can't do that.

And now everyone's all "Look at this entitled faggot wanting his parents to either pay for college OR don't as long as they don't half-ass everything and financially set him back for a year or more."
>>
The wife and I have two Thanksgiving meals. Around lunchtime at my parents house, the food is always fucking amazing, but my family is pretty stiff and boring. At her parents house for dinner, the food is bland and uninspired, but we all get drunk and have a great time. Nice holiday, most years.
>>
>>7097222
nope and im 29 but thanks for the concern
>>
>>7093909
what the fuck is b dubz
>>
>>7097381
That makes it more sad.
>>
>>7093909
Fuck no you goddamned heathen, Thanksgiving food is my favorite.

I fucking love Thanksgiving.
>>
>>7097385
buffalo wild wings
>>
>>7097222
People actually pray on thanksgiving?
>>
>>7097385
dragon ball z
>>
I think thanksgiving food sucks
its all soft and sweet

the most one note meal of the year

more importantly though my mom always makes a lasagna, which is of course ready first, so everybody just ends up getting full on lasagna.
mom, lasagna isnt an appetizer, stop
>>
File: open-uri20131208-8620-192nyz3.jpg (139KB, 380x201px) Image search: [Google]
open-uri20131208-8620-192nyz3.jpg
139KB, 380x201px
>>7097762
>soft and sweet
>>
>hate turkey, hate ham, can do with or without stuffing, and dont like dessert.

The fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>7096260
We need to get rid of these kurds and their shitposting
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.