[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flautas/Taquitos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: chicken flautas.jpg (12KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
chicken flautas.jpg
12KB, 305x165px
Ok guys, so for dinner tonight I want to make chicken flautas/taquitos. I have most of a rotisserie chicken left over that I'm going to shred up to use but what else would make a good taquito?

I was thinking about sauteing and onion and then throwing the shredded chicken in the pan and coating it with some spices but I don't know how much or exactly what to use.

Anybody have any good taquito recipes?
>>
Bump, anyone have any suggestions?
>>
Chicken with lime salt and cayenne is goat. I

've never made taquitos, but for the filling id probably boil some chicken breast, shred it, put it in a, pan with a bit of lard and seasoning and fry it up.

Capcha: select cacti
>>
>>7093073
so like, really thin tacos? Just use less filling and only use cheese + meat then wrap it tight.

use cumin, corriander, cinnamon, salt, pepper, oregano and orange peel.
>>
>>7093322
>corriander and cinnamon in mexican food

you trippin
>>
>>7093340
Who cares if it's mexican or not, it tastes really good with it.
>>
boil chicken

let it cool

dust with cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder

wrap in corn tortillas

fry em

serve with guacamole and sour cream
>>
Well all my chicken is frozen except for the rotisserie chicken fro last night so I'm going to have to use that, luckily it shreds up nice and easy so that won't be a problem.

>>7093215
Don't have lime salt but have lime juice
>>7093322
>>7093366
I'm gonna use cumin, I like the idea of ground corriander as well. Maybe a lil bit of chili powder in there as well?

And like I said, I'm thinking about finely dicing up a red onion and sauteing it with a few finely diced jalapenos for heat and then throwing the chicken after I shred and season it in a bowl just warm it up and get the spices cooked into it.

I'm also gonna bake them for around 15 mins at 425 because I can't be bothered with frying them and it'll be a tad bit healthier.

If anyone is interested I'll post some pictures later tonight after I cook them. It's 4:30 here now so probably around 6-7 EST
>>
>>7093424
alright

try some shredded beef too
>>
>>7093349
If it's not Mexican then it's not a flauta or taquitos and I'm pretty sure the OP asked for a recipe for those things. Maybe go post your cinnamon orange peel chicken roll up on your blog?
>>
>>7093424
Fuck I forgot my comma. I just meant lime juice and salt
>>
File: 20151120_195318.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151120_195318.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Ok here's the onions jalapeƱos and chicken all heated up. Letting it cool down then gonna add the cheese and start mixing it up and rolling those tortillas!
>>
File: jeremy_renner_4.jpg (23KB, 379x500px) Image search: [Google]
jeremy_renner_4.jpg
23KB, 379x500px
>>7093557
why the fuck isn't cinnamon and orange peel mexican? Fruit is constantly used in mexican.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/chili-rubbed-steak-tacos-recipe.html
>>
File: 20151120_213512.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151120_213512.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Fuck that made a lot more than I thought it would
>>
authentic mexican tip:
instead of breaking your head trying to think of the perfect seasoning, just add pepper to your liking, roll on tortillas, use toothpick to hold it tight if necessary,
now get a shallow pan with oil about a half inch deep and heat to medium ,med-high.
fry 4-5 at a time for about 2 minutes on each side.
now comes the trip to flavor town,
serve "castaway raft" style and top with sour cream, salsa verde or red, diced onions, thinly sliced iceberg lettuce and lastly queso fresco. pile on the cheese high till it looks like the fresh powder on the Rockies.
>>
File: 1425594883532.jpg (31KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1425594883532.jpg
31KB, 530x600px
>>7093978
>>7094260

Looks gud
>>
>>7094260
>cook along thread
>2 pictures

git gud faggot
>>
>>7096220
Never was said that it was a cook along thread.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.