[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get plating ideas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: breadstuff.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
breadstuff.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How do you get plating ideas?
>>
>>7090320

Nature, artwork, music.
>>
I imagine I'm shooting the food with a shotgun and I try to replicate what the mess might look like.
>>
feng shui
>>
The components of a dish seem to make it obvious how something should be presented, I don't give it much thought.
>>
I try to avoid trendy shit like smears and dots most of the time. It can look nice on a plate that has one course of a seven course meal so there's plenty of space, but most of the time it comes out as tryhard and cluttered, like in that pic where the thought seems to be: 1 smear gud, 7 more better!
>>
>>7090320
Where's the food?
>>
File: JS71620612.jpg (25KB, 615x346px) Image search: [Google]
JS71620612.jpg
25KB, 615x346px
>no smears
>no dots
>probably doesnt like eating from a canvas or spray painting his food black
>mfw
>>
>>7090387
Kek, this motherfucker with his fish and chips.
>>
>>7090431
He started out so poorly. But if Marcus says his food is a 10, who am I to argue. Marcus is a top boy chef.
>>
>>7090320
>pretentious "chefs" expect you to feel full and satisfied with this and pay 100+ dollars plus tip on it
>>
>>7090320
plating is easy most of the time. that pic you posted is pretty good, i couldnt think of that. i say its the food that inspires someone to make a plating unique.
>>
>>7090448
>this shit again

yawn
>>
>>7090333
that actually sounds fun
>>
>>7090320
Just imagine that you're taking a really bad diarrhea shit
>>
I'm a cook not a chef so I cook my food and throw it on the plate.
>>
>>7090320
Take dish of '90s
replace sprig of herb with smear
add some geometric garnish
fookin modern art yo
>>
>>7090448
>expect you to feel full
No, fat tits. You're there to taste and experience, not gorge. Stay at the Golden Corral next time
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.