[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /ck/ cooking today? I've got half a pound of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: Bolognese shit pic.jpg (1MB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Bolognese shit pic.jpg
1MB, 4608x3072px
What's /ck/ cooking today? I've got half a pound of bacon frying now. I'll have a BLT for lunch and save the rest for a salad tonight. Other than that I have a batch of bolognese from last night and some ciabatta waiting for garlic butter. Salad will be iceberg, romaine, spinach, tomatoes, carrots, red onion, mushrooms, and bacon bits.

Pic slightly related.
>>
>>7089678
Beef hamburg on Japanese rice.
>>
Planning yamleaf in yellow split pea curry (bean curry), spiced aubergine stir fry (dry curry) and mushroom in coconut curry (wet curry). Also bean crackers and sambal.
>>
>>7089678
I'm just about to make Sweet and Sour Pork and Rice with Some Sliced Onion thrown in there. I'd usually put in some sliced Green Bell pepper as well but i don't have any and I don't fell like going out for them

(Pic related: same recipe but do with Chicken as I usually do it)
>>
>>7089678

for lunch I had homemade fries, mayo, an avocado

right now I'm baking some bread

yesterday I had steamed napa cabbage, carrots and onions, fried for a few secs in mirin and soy sauce with jasmin rice

I've been broke lately
>>
>>7089774

that sounds amazing. would you grace me with a pic after you're done perhaps?
>>
File: 201509031947.jpg (826KB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
201509031947.jpg
826KB, 2240x1344px
>>7090085
Thanks, but sorry, I was just about to post ITT that I've decided on a change because I'm not feeling all that well right now. Instead, just mushroom risotto, apologies.

However, here's a picture of a different rice plate I made a while back (rice with various curries is my usual dinner, so I have a few pictures of them, though I'm quite bad at plating).

Going clockwise starting from the top right, mushroom [relatively] dry curry, carrot in coconut curry, yardlong beans in egg curry and beetroot rice with garlic greens in the centre. Believe it or not, all the dishes together took only 30 minutes total because I cook them all simultaneously. Thank the various, multi-limbed gods for dishwashers.
>>
>>7090204

I like it. never heard of egg curry, do you do it with hard boiled eggs like in the google search results? I fucking loathe hard boileg eggs

are you indian or just n enthusiast for asian food?
>>
>>7090204

one more question: where do you buy the curry (powder/paste)from? what different kinds are you using? all I use in my cooking are green/red/yellow (thai) curry paste and madrass and garam massala for powder.
>>
File: IMG_1413.jpg (566KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1413.jpg
566KB, 1500x1125px
>>7090404
Egg curry as I know it is kind of halfway between a savoury custard and scrambled eggs. It's basically a Sri Lankan/south Indian carbonara.
The eggs are beaten with toasted, cooled and freshly-ground spices and set aside. Then, the main ingredient and aromatics are cooked together in some oil and topped off with a little stock, broth, water or coconut milk. Next, the eggs are tempered with the mixture before being finally stirred into the pot/pan to finish.
The most common egg curry I know of is bitter melon.

I am not Indian, no.

>>7090410
I keep various spices on hand.

Starting from the top and going clockwise, boiled rice followed by potato, carrot and onion spiced stir-fry, cod in coconut curry and young-jackfruit dry curry.
>>
>>7090463

looks amazing. I gotta try jackfruit in my cooking, too, never done that. left almost looks like kimchi.
>>
i made spaghetti aglio e olio
>>
File: 20151119_210131.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151119_210131.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Lamb chops, broccoli, some thin cheese sause I made, and jacket potato.
>>
>>7090525
Thank you. I've no eye for plating, though, so my meals tend to look a bit slapdash. I just pile rice onto the plate followed by three-to-four gloops of delicious things on top of it.

You have to make sure it is young jackfruit. Jackfruit becomes inedible as it ages, leaving only the seed pods and seeds themselves left for eating.
>>
For breakfast I reckon I'll make an omelette with Gloucestershire cheese, sliced black olives and sliced bell pepper. I've found a splash of lemon juice with the salt and pepper makes omelettes better, but I have weird taste so don't just take that as gospel. Might have that with a black coffee (with brandy).

For dinner, probably Thai green chicken curry if I have coconut milk. I have some fish sauce to go in there, so should be good. Gonna stir fry the curry paste in cannabis oil and get high as fuck and play video games all night. Wish I had wine (or money for wine) to go with it but I'll be happy with a glass of water to accompany, and then afterwards a hot chocolate with brandy and some chocolate Hob Nobs for dessert.

If you haven't had hot chocolate with brandy, you have to try it. It tastes like those chocolate liqueurs you get for your grandparents for Christmas. The perfect drink for a cosy winter evening.
>>
Maybe some rice later but I'm not really planning on eating much until my back heals and I can work out again.
>tfw want to bake some chicken breast and make some stuffed peppers but can't
>>
File: received_933930449975932.jpg (104KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
received_933930449975932.jpg
104KB, 2048x1365px
Working on a roast. Currently in the slow cooker for another four hours.
>>
>>7092959
What kind of brandy goes good in the hot chocolate?
>>
File: IMG_20151120_193834.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151120_193834.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Simple pasta sauce (onions, garlic, tomatoes, carrots, scallions & seasonings) which will be combined with some leftover straight & curly pasta, and parmesan.
>>
>>7093019
I don't really know the difference to be honest, and it's been a while. I'm only getting back into it because I got some brandy as a gift. I think I remember Spanish brandy being really nice for it but I usually used pretty cheap Napoleon brandy and that was fine.

I wouldn't use a really expensive brandy because the chocolate will overpower much of the flavour, but the really cheap and nasty spirits are always rank and leave you with a headache, so middle shelf stuff.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.