[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've fallen in love with baked beans again but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: baked-beans-1.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
baked-beans-1.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
I've fallen in love with baked beans again but I'm worried about all the sugar and I can't seem to avoid it with canned beans so I've elected to make my own.

Do any of you fellow legume lovers have a favourite recipe?
>>
use artificial sweetener.

beans + tomato paste + chili powder, black pepper, plus whatever spices you prefer.

simmer for a couple minutes, then let cool for around 10 minutes. Then add some sort of sweetener. Sugar free maple syrup, aspartame, splenda, whatever you prefer.
>>
>>7087632
beans + BBQ sause + oven for however long feels right = yum beans
>>
>>7087658
>BBQ sauce

Nothing else? That must be so strong, isn't that usually used as a marinade?
>>
>>7087655
>sugar free maple syrup
How do they get the sugar out of a naturally occurring sugar, and what do they do with it?

Is there a sugar free cane sugar too?

OP, as with anything in life, take it in moderation. Eat it with sugar or whatever and give no fucks.
>>
>recipe

U wot m8? You just get 'em out the tin! Heinz Beans m8, innit!
>>
>>7087665
They don't take it out, it's not actually maple syrup,. It's just maple extract + (sweetener). Like maltitol, or sucralose, or something.
>>
>>7087664
you can get mild BBQ
>>
http://youtu.be/k_9P9GRqGcs
Minus the vinegar at the end. I've tried it both ways. The vinegar ruins it.
>>
>>7087677
That seems like a good recipe. Molasses, mustard and some kind of smoked meat product are the most important things to have in baked beans.
>>
>>7087677
>grams

oh this is going to be fun to convert.
>>
>>7087922
>oh this is going to be fun to convert.
everybody uses a digital scale nowadays.
>>
>>7087677
>25 minutes pressure cooker
Too long. 10 minutes would be sufficient.
>>
>>7087931
maybe for baking.
>>
>>7087655
>use artificial sweetener.

>tfw ur mum swaps sugar for artificial sweetner in ur tea and she thinks you won't notice

Tastes literal vile mate, no thank
>>
>>7087968
Artificial sweeteners have come a long way. I've been able to enjoy sweet stuff again without worrying about my teeth and general health, so I'm grateful they exist.
>>
>>7087968
What kind did you have? With the good ones, you can't even tell it's not actual sugar.
>>
find good eats recipe
>>
>>7087632

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mygIZlhQEhg
>>
>>7087989
>>7087994
I've tried all of them mate, the taste is awful, I have never had a sweetner which hasn't make me want to vom
>>
Fry slightly half onion, celery and 2 cloves of garlic then add 500 g of canned beans, 2-3 leaves of laurel in a pot with 2 cups of tomato paste and cook it for 15 min. Add water if necessary. Cut half onion, fresh ginger, parsley, a tea spoon of vinegar, salt, sugar (with moderation), curry powder, tumeric and cook for 15-20 min. Enjoy this with toasted bread.
>>
I;m thinking about thos Beans
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.