[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mario Batali calls lamb braised in milk "absolute poetry,"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: image2.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image2.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>Mario Batali calls lamb braised in milk "absolute poetry," especially when it's flavored with a scattering of fennel seeds. "This," he adds, "is what the Roman Empire must have tasted like."

Is this an elaborate troll? This would be a pricey failure if it tastes like shit.
>>
>>7084668
That must be fun to clean.
>>
>>7084668
Some people like the taste of different things. Shocking, I know...
>>
>>7084668
that seems like something ancient civilizations would eat
a bunch of crap thrown into a pot, liquid poured over it, and whatever seasonings they had at the time covering it
>>
>>7084668
>lamb and milk
>pricey
How
>>
>>7084668
Deuteronomy 14:21
21 “You shall not eat anything that dies of itself; you may give it to the alien who is within your gates, that he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner; for you are a holy people to the Lord your God.

“You shall not boil a young goat in its mother’s milk.
>>
>>7084668
Post the source of your pic

Also the source of whatever garbage you're spewing
>>
>>7084745
>You shall not eat anything that dies of itself
>that dies of itself
What does that mean?
>>
>>7084877
Don't eat an animal that just up and died, fool, it's diseased or some shit, give it to pleb goyim, they'll eat anything.
>>
>>7084877
miscarriages? starved animals? roadkill?

who knows. the bible is really hard to decypher, which is why so many assholes become preachers and spin it their own way.
>>
>>7084877
Don't eat diseased or otherwise dying shit that dies without someone killing it, you can sell it to foreigners and other assholes but don't fucking eat it.
>>
>>7084745
Romans were above judeochristian bullshit.
>>
>>7084945
That's called hereticisim, anon.
>>
>>7084901
American? Can't even understand English? Jesus wet you are dumb
>>
>>7084668
Its a middle eastern dish too, in fact the National Dish of Jordan. Its called Mansaf.
>>
He may not eat an animal that has died a natural death or has been torn apart by wild animal
>>
>>7084694
you must live in iowa or not in america. lamb is expensive here due to its rarity
>>
>>7084901
>roadkill?
LOL
>who knows. the bible is really hard to decypher,
It's literally just english. I'm not even a native speaker and I understand that shit without any effort.
>>
>>7085746
>the bible is english
Ameridumb please
>>
>>7085758
How fucking dumb are you? Guy I replied to couldn't understand a sentence written in english. Nobody is talking about hebrew or whatever bible was written in. Fuck of.
>>
>>7085772
>hebrew
Nice try, retard.
>>
>>7085746
Could have been run over by a chariot faggot.
>>
i braise meat in milk all the time. milk braised pork is one of marcella hazan's trio of highly celebrated super easy dishes along with chicken with two lemons and tomato sauce with butter an onion. i put milk in ragu. sometimes i braise chickens with milk and sweet spices.

the milk does separate like in the pic, but as it reduces the milk solids begin to caramelise and it helps the meat to brown. it's delicious.
>>
>>7085966
Interesting, I'll have to look her up.
>>
>>7085576
I live in America. Lamb is $6-7/lb depending on where you shop. If you want loin chops it will cost more at your run of the mill groceries. Mediterranean markets and Sam's club have the best price. Bonus: Mediterranean markets have the best pita.
>>
>>7085966
>Marcella Hazan
gooby pls
>>
>>7085576

if you can't get cheap lamb shanks or shoulder where you live, it is time to move
>>
>>7085966
>milk braised pork
Recipe? Sounds interesting.
>>
File: 90px-Lukhot_Habrit.svg.png (9KB, 90x107px) Image search: [Google]
90px-Lukhot_Habrit.svg.png
9KB, 90x107px
>>7084668
Not kosher. Rabbi Mordecai will not be pleased. Atone for your sins

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_and_meat_in_Jewish_law
>>
File: wendigo.jpg (750KB, 1900x1160px) Image search: [Google]
wendigo.jpg
750KB, 1900x1160px
>>7085966
Not kosher. Rabbi Mordecai will not be pleased. Atone for your sins

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_and_meat_in_Jewish_law
>>
>>7085796
>what are thr masoretic texts?

is there an award for being ignorant and putting down others at the same time? because you are a fucking shoe-in.
>>
>>7086928
Mario Batali is not a Jew and kosher laws do not apply to non-Jews.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.