[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /lovebeetroot/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: beetroot_1024x1024.jpg (116KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
beetroot_1024x1024.jpg
116KB, 849x565px
Explain why aren't you eating the supreme vegetable?
>>
I'm not hungry right now
>>
>>7079711
But you do eat it, right?
>>
>>7079710
Why do I associate beets with poor people?
>>
>>7079713
Of course. Roasted beet salad with a horseradish vinaigrette and goat cheese is one of my favorite salads. It's also just good as a simple side dish.

I've yet to try borscht though.
>>
Tastes like dirt
>>
Beets are delicious.

Not a fan of beet greens though.
>>
It's a good veggie and you can use it to check your digestive health too.
>>
>>7079727
This, they taste like wet soil smells.
>>
i like beet
>>
>>7079769
Huh, turns out it's literally the same chemical.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geosmin
>>
I like how it turns my pee purple
>>
>>7079710
my poop smells much more disgusting after beets.

but they are great in a shake.
>>
>>7079719
Borscht is a food of the Soviet Bloc, which is not known for its material success.
>>
>>7080559
You might be right. Think I should go watch some old bond movies now.
>>
>>7079769
I like that smell.
>>
>>7079710
I used to hate the jarred stuff as a kid and havn't tried it since. Is fresh beetroot much different?
>>
>>7080500
My shit gets a disgusting color but not smell
that thing happens to me with asparagus.
>>
>>7080913

Yes. It gets sweet and earthy when it cooks.
>>
I am! I /lovebeetroot/.
I use beetroot a lot. I honestly can't tell much a difference between canned/jarred beetroot and beetroot cooked at home from fresh, though. Is there something wrong with me?
I love how well beetroot pairs with seafood but how very few people actually make any dishes incorporating the two. They'll make meals of the two, sure, even sharing the same plate, but beetroot is often relegated to a side dish rather than in the same dish as the fish.
I make a fish sausage fried rice with beetroot water fish stock (I make fish stock from the water from a tin of beetroot). I also like beetroot fish soup and beetroot cuttlefish curry.
>>
My parents grow a bunch every year and I love it. Beet green quiche is pretty good, but i suppose most greens with a bunch of cheese and eggs are too. One of my favorites is pickled beetroot. I bought some from Amish and it was really good but expensive.
I am wondering where would be the best place to find pickled beets? I was very surprised when the nearby Russian grocery store didn't have any.
>>
>>7082032

Pickled beets are a German thing, maybe Polish/others too, not sure.
>>
>>7082032
It's pretty easy to make pickled veggies yourself. Definitely cheaper and you get control over how sour/salty you want your pickles. If you can't find them for a reasonable price then I'd suggest that. Nothing that consists of salt, vinegar, water and beetroot should be expensive as those ingredients are dirt cheap. Maybe try looking in the canned food section if you haven't already, they don't have to come in a glass jar.
>>
File: tjToEwc[1].jpg (528KB, 2658x2201px) Image search: [Google]
tjToEwc[1].jpg
528KB, 2658x2201px
>>7079710

I do, Ivan, I do already.
>>
I love both pickled and fresh. My favorite thing it to cook beetroot and potatoes 1:1, cut them up, mix, add seasoning, wa la
>>
I only really enjoyed them pickled. Is there a good way to cook them that doesn't taste that earthy?
>>
Its strange how one of the most unapetising looking vegetables is that sweet
>>
>Buy a couple of beets
>throw them in the oven
>three hours later let them cool, then peal and eat them
>Day after next piss rose colored piss, panic for a moment thinking I'm in renal failure before I remember the beets
>Repeat every time I eat beats
>>
File: 1447414491781.jpg (177KB, 1024x730px) Image search: [Google]
1447414491781.jpg
177KB, 1024x730px
>beets in salad
>roasted beets
>borscht
>beet pickles
>beet relish

>tfw you planted your beets in soil that had too much clay content and only had greens to harvest
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1XzgX2eiYY

made that a few weeks ago, remembering I haven't had beets for a few years.

chef john knows what's on.
>>
>beetroot

Do you also say carrotroot, and potatotubers?
>>
I had beets for the first time about a year ago. They were roasted and I was very impressed with their color on the white plate. Beautiful.

I bought some beet hummus the other day and, while very vibrant and nice to look at, it tastes shitty.
>>
>be me
Be at market
>cute girl looking at beets
>start looking at beets
>talk to girl
>beets are for her Nana
>put some beets in basket
>get girl's phone number
>come home
>throw beets in trash
>have date with girl
>bang her with Thor's hammer
>she's freaky
>feels good man
>>
>>7085722
In my country they're called tswehklah. I just used Google translate.
>>
When I'm eating healthily I love to munch on a few slices of pickled beetroot. Always have a jar at the ready
>>
>>7085722
You have to be specific because both parts of the beet are food. You don't need to say 'carrotroot' because the greens, while edible, are inferior and uneaten. You don't need to say 'potatoroot' because the greens are toxic.
>>
>>7079710
I fucking love beetroot
Only complaint is that it's a little bit too sweet
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.