[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I was a lad, Quiznos subs were god tier...they tasted so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Quiznos-Sub-Coupons.jpg (90KB, 440x267px) Image search: [Google]
Quiznos-Sub-Coupons.jpg
90KB, 440x267px
When I was a lad, Quiznos subs were god tier...they tasted so much better and were so much more full than Subways

However, Quiznos has not existed in my neighborhood for years now so I cannot try it again, was I right or wrong?
>>
definitely higher tier than subway, yep

not sure why they arent more successful
>>
>>7078006
people really like treating subway employees like sammich robots.

quiznos is definitely better tho.
>>
Quiznos was the best in my old hometown. Would go there with my chick weekly.

Then some afroid robbed the place at 3 in the afternoon one day. NO ONE went back. Place just died and ended up closing.

The salads with their flatbread triangles are amazing tier.
>>
We used to have a Quiznos within walking distance where I live but it's long gone now and has been replaced by a Crown Fried Chicken (still awesome food there though and not too pricey either).

But of course there like 5 trillion Subways around here + in every walmart ever. I never go though because it's far too expensive, they're bread is shit, and they screw you on the toppings every time. Rather make myself a sandwich at home as it is now and probably would hardly ever go to Quiznos if it was around still anyways but in the rare times I do get a sandwich I would be going there cause it's actually pretty good.
>>
>>7078005

Quiznos is 'have a steak sandwich or maybe a teriki sanwitch we hae pasta, and soup too' and subway is ' BREAD MEAT VEGGIES THANKS'

also:

>fastfood on a cooking board

fuck you nigger
>>
>>7078029
>/ck/ - Food & Cooking
>>
>>7078029
Fast food still gets cooked idiot

Also, maybe you can't read but it isn't "cooking" its "food and cooking"
>>
I miss qioznos. Ours closed years ago. We have a goddamn subway every 100 yards but not even a Quiznos or Jimmy Johns.
>>
>>7078018
>tfw niggers ruin everything
>>
We've still got one quiznos kinda near us. maybe it's just the franchisee, but quality control has gone way, way down. Unfresh ingredients, missing ingredients, shit-tier staff. It's not that much better than subway anymore.

I miss those rosemary parmesan steak sandwichs back in the day.
>>
>>7078120
I heard somebody running corporate started forcing franchisees into really bad deals, both only promotional offers and the ingredients they had to buy (something like vendors made quality worse and the price wasn't right). Apparently, a lot of families lost their life savings because of that.

Or, maybe that was Schlotzky's. I dunno. Probably Schlotzky's.
>>
Quiznos ram themselves out of business in my area. They were all owned by Muslims and they would systematically cheat you. Cutting more of the roll ends off than the cutting board instructed, skimping on toppings, pretending like they were out of ingredients, randomly forgetting to set up the self serve pickle/pepper bar. You could request those items but you would get a 1/2 size condiment cup and be charged for a second one. They even started keeping napkins behind the counter so that you would have to beg for them.

Then when time to pay, your bill is $10-12, and it wasn't even a filling meal.

No coupons, no specials. Too much salt used to cover up the blandness, never keeping a large enough staff to keep the line moving. They basically made every possible mistake.
>>
>>7078120
I've noticed a lot of variation between locations. In my town there used to be three of them. Two of them were consistently high quality and the third was consistently not: they were always out of at least one major ingredient, questionable freshness, and lazy-ass staff.

>>7078798
There might be something to that angle about corporate. I knew one of the workers at the crappy quiznos I mentioned above. Once I asked him if they were out of, say, tomatoes then why couldn't they send someone to buy some from the supermarket a quarter-block away. He said that corporate required them to use certain vendors.
>>
>>7079648
And they have a shitty franchise model. You have to buy your ingredient from corporate, and if you didn't buy what they told you too, carry items they want you to, charge the prices they want you to, they could stop selling to you which would effectively shut you down since you are not allowed to source your own ingredients and still use their name. And of course when you sign up for a "company store" arrangement like that, you are certain to get fucked on costs, which they have no choice but to load on to the customer.
>>
>>7079667
Most franchises work that way. My first job ever was at an Ace Hardware. They are a franchise model; the store's owner is required to buy a certain percentage of his inventory from Ace. They were only allowed a very small % to be spent at 3rd party suppliers.
>>
chicken carbonara was god tier sandwich back when you could get a big one for $6, but that is not the case anymore

quizno's good but not $15 meal good
>>
File: tmp_5258-TnjoJgTh-1946531990.jpg (206KB, 1024x982px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5258-TnjoJgTh-1946531990.jpg
206KB, 1024x982px
This guy works at quiznos
>>
>>7079678
It's a Popular Model. Store names aren't free, nor is the reputation you gain just for having that even if you didn't deserve it. National advertising, business plan, specialized training, financing,... You get a lot for your franchise fees. You're basically just being paid for willingness to give corporate some capital to start a business for them, you assume the risk, and they also know they will have someone constantly sweating bullets worrying about all the day to day shit because they have so much personal $ tied up in it.

I've started 2 two businesses from scratch and they have their own gotchas to fuck you up when you make a bad decision. Not a lot of difference in the two.
>>
>>7078005
Quizons is slightly less disgusting than Subway because their bread is just a little better. Neither are very good.
>>
>>7079722
>It's a Popular Model

Yeah, that was my point. It's typical for a franchise owner to have to buy his product/ingredients/etc from corporate.
>>
>>7079667
Subway has a similar single-source requirement, and they're a hugely successful franchise. But Quiznos' supplies simply cost more than most chains - corporate acts as a middleman to make lots of profit off supplies, rather than off franchises, because they're shrinking. Food costs at Subway (all purchased from Independent Cooperative Inc.) are around 30% of operating costs, while they were around 40% at Quiznos. That cut into profits, which created a chain reaction of effects. Owners would more commonly work in their franchises to make ends meet, and so they wouldn't do extended hours, and they couldn't operate multiple franchises. (Quiznos still exists, but it leaves to be seen what they can do coming out of bankruptcy).

Competition from Subway also destroyed them. Subway was marketed as healthier (the Jared campaign), cheaper (the "$5 footlong" campaign in 2008), and in 2004 installed high speed ovens to offer toasted subs, which was Quiznos' main differentiation from Subway. Quiznos had 5000 franchises at its height, but been shrinking ever since then, while Subway has been exploding, and a bunch of other sub chains have been growing in the US, like Jimmy John's which specializes in speed & delivery.

Subway has also been more innovative in its internal operations, such as efficient distribution of perishables. Stuff like that isn't obvious, even to people who own the franchises, but makes a huge difference. It's the sort of thing that allows lower costs and fresher ingredients at Subway. I know people bash the food at Subway, and have had bad experiences (that happens with any franchise - some are run poorly), but overall they dominate in a very competitive market.
>>
>>7079721
according to google translate, "ching chang, ching chang chong" means "eat the plants, eat the snake"
>>
Like all Subway's and Dunkin Donuts in my area, they were owned by poo in loos so I never went there.

Also a Firehouse subs opened up and the quality is a bit better.
>>
>>7078005
For the last 6 years every quiznos I've visited except for 1 at an airport in Dallas or wherever has been shut down.

Tfw Quiznos doesn't exist anymore. At least not on the West Coast
>>
Quiznos is definitely a step above Subway.

I don't know why they close so frequently. This is something that is pretty widely commented on; pic related is the google search suggestions for 'why do quiznos'.

I'm guessing it's because they charge Subway-tier prices but are more expensive to run. Margins on Quiznos are probably super-thin.
>>
>>7078006
Quality of ingredients. Their cold cut subs are significantly better than shit like subway and jimmy johns, but their warm sandwiches are actually disgusting.
>>
>>7078018
>place gets robbed once
>it shuts down

Seriously? The places around here get robbed like twice a month. At my old job we had 4(2 successful, the other 2 ended up with them getting bear-maced in the face before people finally quit trying to rob the fucking place). None of us even went home for the day after the cops were done.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.