[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on cast iron cookware Does this seasoning impart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10

File: 800px-Castiron-skillets.jpg (53KB, 800x491px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Castiron-skillets.jpg
53KB, 800x491px
Redpill me on cast iron cookware

Does this seasoning impart a special flavor? Or is it just making it non stick? Why all the hype?
>>
>>7076814
>Does this seasoning impart a special flavor?
Not really.

>Or is it just making it non stick?
Yup.

>Why all the hype?
Because it's relatively cheap and will last you forever. The more you use it, the better it gets. Not a lot of things do that these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

Also it works with most sources of heat. Fire, coal, gas, electric (both the coil and flat tops), oven safe, etc. Heck, you could leave it in the hot sun and probably fry an egg in the middle of the summer.

They have great heat retention. You can remove it from the heat, and it will still keep cooking. That's great if you're cooking over coals and want to move it off the fire because it seems to be getting too hot. Once it starts to cool, you can push it back over them again.
>>
File: ally_mcbeal.jpg (98KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
ally_mcbeal.jpg
98KB, 500x362px
>>7076835
Because clothes in the "good old days" didn't wear out and cars made in 1950 are just as good as cars made in 2015

I bet you think vaccines cause autism
>>
>>7076814

The only noticeable thing I've seen it impart is a very specific flavour of screeching autism upon its users.
>>
>>7076866
it's not about that anon
it's about the fact that buying a tool back then could get you a hell of a lot farther than often is the case today

my mom has her grandmother's blender for fuck's sake
shit's ridic
>>
>>7076866
There are some advantages. I'd rather use a disposable razor than a straight razor. And paper diapers sure beat boiling the feces out of linens on the stove.
>>
File: 1444691738290.jpg (76KB, 509x514px) Image search: [Google]
1444691738290.jpg
76KB, 509x514px
>>7076866
god shut the fuck up
Im not even him but fuck off, everything would last longer and could be fixed easier, its like you didnt even read the wiki he linked
>>
O
>>
>>7076889
That's because the shit tools back then broke and ended up in the garbage, same as it is now.
>>7076891
They make these awesome things called double edge safety razors. Best of both worlds. I speak from experience having several 19th and early 20th c. straight razors, an Edwin Jagger safety, and of course the obligatory Gilette Fusion.
>>
>>7076866
>thinks 50s cars were anything other than AWESOME

Also, I think I read somewhere, prolly on the interwebs, than iron skillets have zero moving parts and zero fasteners. But damn it all if I can't find a citation for that right now.

>>7076814
The "seasoning" is mostly polymerized fats, OP. A non-stick buildup, cultivated on purpose. Not as healthy as bananas, but a whole lot better than Teflon(TM). Plus, grill, oven, broiler, etc.
>>
>>7076891
I dont know man, the safety razor i have is pretty good, it already paid for itself since i only have to by blades, which are like 5 bucks for 20
>>
>>7076899
But you're wrong, my college roommate's dad still has an old power drill he bought in like 1963 and never touched, I used it once and it was fucking garbage, not to mention it would probably electrocute you to death if a drop of water got on it.

Stop acting like high end antiques that lasted for decades of use weren't the most valuable and well-made products of their time.
>>
>>7076907
>>7076902
I said disposable razors which includes safety razors, as far as I'm concerned.

I own a Merkur safety razor. It's dope.
>>
>>7076908
muh anecdotal evidence
wow are you telling me that a power tool made with plastics that sat in a tool shed rusting/eroding/whatever didnt work when it saw the light of day for the first time in 4 decades?
>>
>>7076904
>thinks 50s cars were anything other than AWESOME
Awesome at hurling the steering column through your throat at impacts over 5 mph, maybe.
>>
>>7076919
>muh safety
>>
>>7076918
Saying that stuff made in "the good old days" is better because all your old stuff is good is LITERALLY THE DEFINITION OF ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE.

Ok I need to take a break from this thread for a while, I'll be back in 10 minutes when the urge to hit refresh becomes overwhelming.
>>
>>7076926
I havent brought up shit about my old stuff
youre just stupid
Metal parts will always last and work longer than plastic shit
>>
>>7076919
luckily they didn't drive faster than 5mph anyways
>>
>>7076919
Jokes on you. The steering column goes directly through your sternum.

>only driven tilt-steering wheel cars
>>
>>7076926
Jesus Christ, fuck off already. It's pretty evident that build quality is different today than back then, typically with older items being of a better quality. This isn't a universal rule like the autistic way you seem to have taken it but with certain items for sure.
>>
>>7076835
>Also it works with most sources of heat. Fire, coal, gas, electric (both the coil and flat tops), oven safe, etc.
Induction also works like a charm.
>>
>>7076866
>I don't know about the Great Depression
Consumerism, whether you think it's good or bad, was something that was come up with to prevent it from happening again.
>>
>>7076814
Carbon steel is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suTmUX4Vbk
>>
>>7076814
>why all the hype
Autism. There is literally no point to having a coating to a cast iron pan except that it makes it look "rustic and manly". It's a meme. Like bacon.
>>
>>7076814
>Why all the hype?
It's the poor man's le crueset. That's nearly about it.

Why does a heavy iron cookpot get praise, either with the porcelain coating or carbon seasoning of a uncoated?
Well, it browns nicely while you cook which is good for like green tomatoes, okra, livers, fish, fried chicken, pounded cutlets, etc.
It holds heat really well without fluctuating such that you can pan fry without great changes in oil temperature or pan temperature, and one side of your pan isn't going to be hotter than another section, because the whole thing is so damn thick. It also means the contact temperature isn't going to scorch your bean soup or stock on low simmer either.
They are oven-safe handles, so transfer really nice to from cooktop to oven to finish off something. This means you can sear some steak both sides on some screaming hot overheated pan and finish to right temperature in the oven, like Ruth's Cris level browning, no grill needed.
You can move from oven to stove and back again, like when melting grease or fat for a cornbread or a dutch baby, with the right browning too.
>>
>buy my first cast iron pan
>realize I'm cooking on a glass-covered electric stove

Just fuck my shit up desu senpai baka
>>
>>7077435
Ruth's Chris is a shitty restaurant. It's basically an expensive TGIF or Olive Garden.
>>
>>7076908
>Stop acting like high end antiques that lasted for decades of use weren't the most valuable and well-made products of their time.
We've improved some things a lot since the 1960s. Cookware... not so much; cast iron really works very well indeed provided you keep the detergents away.
>>
>>7076908
>implying new Pyrex isn't shit
>>
>>7077797
Cast iron works fine, with or without detergent.

Furthermore, there has always been cheap cookware and good cookware. Suggesting that cheap cookware is somehow a modern conspiracy to get you to upgrade to newer technology every few years, a la shaving cartridges, is fucking retarded. Shitty stamped steel coated pans from walmart are shit because they are shit. Expensive copper cookware from France, which was also around in 1910, costs more because it's a niche product and there aren't a lot of people both willing and able to pay for it.

The only tiny little nugget of truth in your position is that teflon pans, which you haven't mentioned but I'm sure you had in mind, are disposable items. This is true, and what's also true is that if they're used correctly, meaning not used for oven roasted vegetables and hamburgers, just for scrambled eggs and fish, they are a lot more nonstick than cast iron and they can last several years.

If buying a $30 pan every 5 years triggers you, or if you get some kind of neckbeard thrill out of using one pan for literally everything, then by all means use cast iron. Just don't pretend that it's a good example of planned obsolescence, because it isn't.
>>
>>7077809
>Just don't pretend that it's a good example of planned obsolescence, because it isn't
This makes no sense. Cast iron isn't a good example of that but teflon is.
>>
The best way to season a cast iron pan is to put about a tablespoon of butter in it and microwave it for five minutes. This will melt the butter without heating the pan and you'll get uniform penetration of the butter after you rub it in with a steel wool pad.

A guy on the internet told me this and I believe him because the science checks out.
>>
>>7078388
No one do this. That poster is a complete faggot. Obviously metal in a microwave is bad and steel wool on a cast iron is a "no".

Nice try, don't pass go, do not collect $200 and never come back.
>>
>>7078394
It's called a Darwin Test. I'm just trying to preserve the gene pool.

You're standing in the way of natural selection.
>>
>>7078407
How is the test good? It depends on knowledge, not critical thinking. You can be the most intelligent man on earth and still not know something obvious because often, things are only obvious if you already know them.
>>
File: 1431793059957.gif (1MB, 352x250px) Image search: [Google]
1431793059957.gif
1MB, 352x250px
>>7078394

Fucking newfags man.
>>
>>7078418

>A guy on the internet told me this and I believe him
well if you're dumb enough to buy meme cookware then you're probably dumb enough to believe anonymous people on the internet who use terminology that shows they are obviously taking the piss.

you should eat more raw chicken at room temperature. it helps the vitamins absorb into your body!
>>
>>7078418
Serious question: Do cast iron pans not come with a label that says "not suitable for microwaves" or something similar?
>>
>>7076814
All the hype because a lot of Reddit neck beards and imgur soon after fell into the cast iron meme when cooking well done steaks and circle jerking that they can cook eggs on a cast iron better than non stick pans ( bullshit btw). Sure it makes a good steak but carbon steel can do the same with less heat emission going into meat for a better sear because you can sear each side longer because of the reduced heat emission, and finish off in oven.

But memes are memes

Seasoning just adds a layer of polymerized oil that makes the pan not rust and so everything doesn't stick on contact.
>>
>>7078407
It's called you being a dumb piece of shit.

>>7078419
Oh let me guess, you think 4chan is for shitposting only and not discussion. Both of you should continue your little circle jerk and suck each off over on reddit with the rest of the faggots.
>>
>>7078436
Not that I've ever seen, though it is fairly common knowledge not to put large metal objects in the microwave.
>>
>>7078451
Thanx.
>it is fairly common knowledge
That's what I though too. But some faggot wants to sit in his high horse and act all mature. >>7078444
Pretty sad, tbqh.
>>
>buying a piece of equipment that you literally have to spend hours burning shit into in order to make it "non-stick" when non-stick, heavy metal pans with just as good heat retention exist

hipsterism
>>
>>7078407
How is someone even going be able to fit a standard skillet in the microwave?
>>
>>7078473
nonstick coatings are carcinogenic and can't stand high heat.
>>
>>7078510
Thanx dad but it's not 1972 any more.
>>
>>7078511
Are you stupid or retarded?
>>
>>7078579

MOM! DAD'S DRUNK AGAIN!
>>
>>7076835
lasts forever until your roommate washes your pan with detergent and it rusts.
>>
>>7078473
>for 5 times the price
>>
File: Dildoes.jpg (12KB, 315x206px) Image search: [Google]
Dildoes.jpg
12KB, 315x206px
I recommend Cast Iron for campfires as well anon. Its tough as shit so I don't really worry about it getting too hot.
>>
>>7077229
This. I have a small carbon steel pan and absolutely love it. Nothing ever sticks on it. I'll likely get a larger one soon.
>>
>>7078646
You pay more for the convenience of not having to season the pan yourself. Also for a lighter pan, cast iron is heavy as shit. That being said, pre-seasoned cast iron exist too.
>>
>>7078407
>not understanding natural selection
you sound pretty stupid
>>
>>7078755
sez u

I know what I'm doing.
>>
>>7078436
There are cast irons around today that were made before microwaves were invented
>>
>>7078841
>I know what I'm doing.
You mean wasting away cross shitposting on 4chan and Reddit while not procreating or having a girlfriend thereby weeding yourself out via natural selection?
>>
Fuck cast iron. You constantly have to baby it.

I got a ceramic coated pan and never looked back. It has none of the toxic teflon shit, I don't have to scrub it like stainless steel and it's perfectly non stick.

Ceramic is the the way.
>>
>>7078369
No, teflon isn't an example of planned obsolescence any more than the replaceable foam insole in your sneakers, nor antibiotics which become ineffective over time.

This isn't what planned obsolescence means.
>>
>>7076973
This. They are made of a metal with good induction ability.

That said, cookware generally lasts until the plastic handles are busted.
The same applies to coating(i.e teflon)
>>
File: 1447661727788.jpg (116KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1447661727788.jpg
116KB, 640x640px
>I do all my cooking with a cast iron pan - bacon weaves, bacon cheeseburgers, and even my famous bolognese alla ragu
>>
>>7076866
KEK your two examples are literally the worst examples one could think of to defend planned obsolescence.
Clothes are made to intentionally wear out, this is simply a fact. The bluejeans you buy from JC Penney today are not going to last as long as the pair of Levis you bought from Sears and Roebuck in the 1950s would have lasted you.

A car made in the 1950s is certainly slower and less safe than a car made in 2015, but the 1950 car is one you would be able to easily repair using common tools. Modern cars use specialty toolsets unique to the car manufacturer, and you often can't reach commonly replaceable parts without doing a fairly complicated teardown. For a person that is used to replacing their own belts, sparkplugs, oil, and brakes it is especially galling that I will need a special tool to reach the sparkplugs, and another tool to access the belt wheel and yet ANOTHER tool for their proprietary oilpan with all these tools being specific to this make of car. Compare this to working on my fathers Chevelle, where all I needed was a fucking wrench.

In both cases, the modern manufacturer makes sure you will be returning to them sooner rather than later.
>>
i can sear in the pan, then put it in the oven to bake.
>>
>>7079083
>JC Penney
Please stop, I don't shop at JC Penney. I have one pair of 17 oz denim jeans that I bought 4 years ago, they're still in very good shape. They are my only pair of jeans. The shoes I'm wearing right now, a leather pair of dress shoes which were made in America, have been resoled twice since I bought them 9 years ago. I fully expect them to last at least another 9 years, if not longer.

Stop buying garbage made in Bangladesh and blaming a conspiracy. You want nice stuff that lasts, it's been there this whole time. You just have to stop shopping at shit stores that cater to people who don't give a shit.
>>
>>7079083
>Compare this to working on my fathers Chevelle, where all I needed was a fucking wrench.

I bet you needed that wrench every 6 weeks. How often do you need a "special tool" for a new Camry? Maybe after the first 50,000 miles?
>>
>>7079104
>I have one pair of 17 oz denim jeans that I bought 4 years ago, they're still in very good shape. They are my only pair of jeans.

this doesn't prove your point the way you think it does. But since I happen to know a little bit about jeans, why don't you tell us the brand name and how much you paid for this pair of heavyweight denim jeans?
>>
>>7078645
Then you use electrolysis to restore it. The circle of life.
>>
>>7079107
Left field, I don't remember the price but it was less than $100

Why are you so mad?
>>
>>7079104
>>You just have to stop shopping at shit stores that cater to people who don't give a shit.

>anon gives examples of common stores whose quality of product has steadily declined
>UMM JUST BUY A PAIR OF 300 DOLLAR SAMURAI JEANS XDDD

anon, planned obsolescence isn't a conspiracy. its a fucking business plan
>>
File: k.gif (2MB, 400x260px) Image search: [Google]
k.gif
2MB, 400x260px
>>7079118
>the only options are disposable $9 jeans from walmart and $3000 mumutaros made of pre-white people rhodesia cotton
>>
>>7076814
Over-hyped. Can't even wash the thing like a normal pan. Not worth the effort.
>>
>>7079117
no, you didn't pay less than 100 for 17oz jeans.

>Why are you so mad?

Oh the "you mad" comes out already? Thank you for conceding defeat
>>
>>7079123
now now, you're the one being reductionist here, not me.
>>
>>7079129
I would never pay more than $100 for pants that aren't made of wool, so yes, I guarantee you it was less than $100

You know there is such a thing as a sale, right? It's a conspiracy that businesses use to dump undesirable merchandise on sheeple like me.

I feel like I've been raped ;_; this is worst than the holocaust
>>
>>7079127
>Can't even wash the thing like a normal pan.
This is simply not true. You absolutely can wash cast iron like any other normal pan.

Stop using retards as a source for your "facts" and opinions.
>>
>>7079133
weird that you only own one pair of pants but can't remember what brand it is or where you bought it
perhaps because you're lying on the internet?
>>
>>7079134
I heard if you use soap it takes off the "seasoning"
>>
>>7079145
Read more carefully. I own one pair of jeans. I bought it from a store on the internet called context clothing.
>>
>>7079145
Also left field is a brand, you've never heard of it because you are a poor child.
>>
>>7079153
oh man cool webstore
"1950 Indigo Dry Selvedge"
I wonder what the 1950 in that name is supposed to mean. Perhaps its referencing a certain time period before planned obsolescence
>>
>>7079150
If the seasoning is shit to begin with, and you scrub with steel wool.

I mean it is best not to drown it in soap and soak it for long but quickly clean it out then rinse it is not a problem.
>>
>>7076889

I work industrial real estate and our crew still operates on machinery that was made in the 1920's and is far more robust that modern equivalents.

On topic though, I recently got and stripped an old 8 inch CI skillet. I reseasoned it as usual, but have noticed that on the rim and on the sides there is a bit of flaking. Now I continued to use it and the flaking has all filled in, should I be concerned about this or just keep going? It has (so far) not affected its performance at all, and is becoming a dedicated steak pan.

I also was gifted a used De Buyer Mineral B. I've heard that it's more high maintenance than a Cast Iron. Is there any truth to this? I've just seasoned it 3 times and put it straight to use but I've noticed more sticking than in a CI with new seasoning. Is there something else I should be doing?

One last thing, I have in addition to those above a 12 inch CI and a 10 inch. Is there any point getting a CI dutch oven? Is the performance that different than say, a enameled one like Lodge or LC?
>>
>>7079234

Depends on what kind of flaking you're talking about.

Are these flakes metal/rust, or are they excess food/seasoning?

>>De Buyer Mineral B. I've heard that it's more high maintenance than a Cast Iron. Is there any truth to this?

Nope. All iron and steel pans, woks, dutch ovens, etc, all season the exact same way. It's the exact same process.

>>but I've noticed more sticking than in a CI
I haven't observed what is going on in your kitchen so I'm not 100% certain, but my best guess is that things are sticking because the DeBuyer pans are thinner than typical CI so if you're using the same heat settings on your range as you would with CI you could easily be getting the pan a little too hot.

>>Is there any point getting a CI dutch oven?
You mean a bare CI as opposed to enameled CI? Nope. In fact, I'd rather have the enameled one.
>>
File: norm-macdonald.jpg (120KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
norm-macdonald.jpg
120KB, 620x375px
How do you pronounce iron ?
>>
>>7079174
Probably the fact that jeans became fashionable in the 50s, and the style is 50s style
>>
>>7079319

Eye-yun but I also have an extremely thick Joisey accent.

>>7079252

Thank you. The flaking is excess seasoning, I assume maybe I just had too thick a coating, it is certainly not rust.

I use Medium heat on both, takes about 4-6 minutes to heat up properly. Maybe I just need to cook more bacon in it before I try things like Turkey patties (which is what was sticking).
>>
>>7079352
>The flaking is excess seasoning,

Yeah, you have too thick of a coating. The seasoning layer should be very very very thin. Thinner than a sheet of paper. If anything is flaking/falling off then that's not "seasoning", that's nasty food residue. Seasoning should be chemically bonded to the metal; it cannot flake off or be scraped off with anything short of a serious abrasive.

>>Turkey patties (which is what was sticking).

It may be the food. A lot of commercially produced poultry products have a lot of protein-rich juices which can very easily stick.
>>
It heats/cooks more efficiently.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>7079361

This is the sort of flaking Im talking about. It hasnt affected the way it cooks. Is this going to be an issue?
>>
>>7078854
Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. What sacrifices are you making for the betterment of mankind?

Key word: MAN.
>>
>>7079319
Aye-run. I also call it 'aluminium foil'.
>>
File: 1284919861890.jpg (57KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
1284919861890.jpg
57KB, 600x719px
>>7080757
>>
>>7080477
You're going to have a shit ton of iron in your blood.
>>
>>7079319
Eye urn
>>
I don't know exactly what does it, but the cast iron pan I have is the single best pan I've ever used.
>>
>>7079083
Actually, older cars are a lot faster than cars these days, unsafe as all hell, but extremely fast. Most older cars could get up to racecar speeds with ease while most newer cars can handle going over 90.
>>
>>7082214
can't*
>>
>>7082201
same

they're just so reliably great, ive almost never had a bad meal in mine minus burning some stuff (but thats my bad), deep fry, toasting, sauteeing, literally all around good. i have other pans but they all have a weak spot in terms of what foods they don't do god-tier with, but cast iron seems to be very forgiving
>>
>>7082214
>racecar speeds
Uh huh
Also
>typical 1960s big american sedan
>0-60 in 11 seconds
>top speed 100 mph
>2015 prius
>0-60 in 9.6 seconds
>top speed 112 mph
So what we learned from this is that a fucking prius electric econobox sold to hippies for the express purpose of owning something fashionably slow is a better race car than those old barges with V8 engines, and that's not even getting into your average family sedan such as a V6 camry
>>
I've seasoned a cast iron pan myself and I've also bought one seasoned. Neither is nonstick.
>>
I saw the cast iron meme posting on here but when i needed a new pan some months ago, i checked out the cast iron in the local kitchen store, it was cheap and i liked the idea of the oan not releasing teflon fumes in the food and air, especially as i just got a cockatiel. I have an electric cooker, but my pan is great, it gives my steak and bacon really nice flavor, i guess cause i can heat it so hot. I was a goober and didnt wash it for some months, so it got that black flaking like the anon said hes got, but i rinsed it out and reseasoned the pan, now its fine, no black bits and the seasoning is building well. I have fried eggs in the pan, and obviously they stick a little, but barely, and they cook so nicely. If you want really good sear on your meat, cast iron is the way to go.
>>
>>7076866
Went through three laundry machines in 10 years. Then bought one 20 years old (for peanuts), got a skilled serviceman to fix it up (for more than a new one costs) and it's been serving me faithfully for 12 years now.

Sure, it doesn't have many modern functions.

Still, if you account for:
- need to call service,
- get told there's no point in repairing (after paying for inspection)
- detaching it and hauling it to the car
- hauling it to the junkyard
- shopping for a new one
- scrambling for money for the purchase,
- hauling it back home,
- moving it in place,
- re-attaching all the hoses
- learning the new panel
every three years -

I will say thanks, the new cool features are not worth it.
>>
>>7082360
>I bought some new crap for as cheap as possible
>it broke
>I bought the 1 in 500 washing machines that were expensive and built to last in the good old days
>when it continued to last, it was because they made things better in the good old days
Unlike you I was an adult 20 years ago and I can assure you, they made shit quality stuff back then too.
>>
My cast iron has some weird lighter spots of coloration. It's not flaking or anything and it works just fine. Any idea what it is? It's not rust (I don't think).
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.