[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /skillet hamburgers/? How does /ck/ season and cook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20151113_175340.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151113_175340.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
Who here /skillet hamburgers/?

How does /ck/ season and cook their burgers?

Pic related is moose burger with chopped onion+garlic, an egg some crackers and a bit of BBQ sauce
>>
>>7071775
Is that 100% moose or is it mixed with ground beef? I was always told you couldn't make good game burgers because the meat is so lean but I was probably lied to.
>>
>>7071806
My father hunts more than I do now, but he's the one who shot the moose. Its an 80-20 mix I believe. The butcher adds in some beef so it "sticks" better so you're correct
>>
>>7071806

If I ever find myself having to use lean meat, I add in a little olive oil and worcestershire. Usually comes out pretty good. Now, that being said, since most of the burgers I make have bacon, I use bacon grease from time to time as well.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (23KB, 499x319px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
23KB, 499x319px
when I do use a cooktop to make hamburgers I use a skillet like this, albiet with taller "grill" bump things
it works great to lift the burger out of the grease and give more of a true grilled style
>>
>>7071830
doesn't that just make the heating uneven
>>
>>7071775
I usually just go with montreal steak seasoning, I use that shit for a lot of stuff
>>
>>7071833
how would it be uneven?
it's pretty much exactly the same as a regular outdoor grill except it catches all the grease and it holds onto more heat

I do have a gas stove btw
>>
I make skillet burgers a lot.

My recipe is

1/4 lb ground beef
1/3 of an egg, beaten
Salt
Pepper

It doesn't need any more seasoning, the flavor from the toppings on the burger can handle that.
>>
>>7071847
the surface area of contact
>>
>>7071855
how do you think outdoor grills work
>>
>>7071863
extremely hot flames
>>
pureed onions, drained. fish sauce, a1, or soy sauce. black pepper.

cook burgers over medium low heat until they're to your desired doneness. place burgers on a plate. heat pan to medium high/high and when heated, quickly sear burgers. this is the best way i've found to make burgers without a grill.
>>
>>7071848
>1/3 of an egg
>>
>>7071937
If you use too much egg it makes the burger not stick to itself as well.
>>
>>7071869
You haven't thought this through have you?
>>
>>7072093
What, conduction cooking from the grill plate hardly accounts for the heating of the meat. Most of it is from radiant heat. It's not like cast iron is a good conductor, it only has a high heat capacity. That means the majority of your burger will be cooked by convection. Enjoy your lack of maillard reaction, in exchange for some shitty grill marks
>>
>>7071775
You seem to be confused. What you are making are meatloaf patties
>>
> 4 parts beef.
> 1 part pork.
> Finely grated or dried onions.
> Garlic.
> Worchestershire sauce.
> Yellow mustard.
> Egg.
> Tex mex seasoning (optional)
>>
>>7072116
>this whole post
Shut the fuck up, nerd. They cook things just fine.
>>
>>7072307
Wow you convinced me.
>>
File: 1380045172099.jpg (43KB, 460x391px) Image search: [Google]
1380045172099.jpg
43KB, 460x391px
>>7072122
Egg+crakers+sauce= this guy is right

Its not a purist thing its just technically correct

The best kind of correct.
>>
>>7072067
i think anon means is; is it 1/3 of a whole egg or just a third of the egg white . i would just make a batch using 3/4 lbs of meat and 1 egg to save any confusion
>>7071937
>>
>>7072343
I make 2 1/4 lb burgers and toss out the remaining third of the egg.

It's not that big of a loss to me, and I find it makes a better burger than half an egg.
>>
>>7072307
Looks like you haven't thought this through, have you?
>>
i'm lazy when i do my burgers, they're always pan fried and seasoned the same way

recipe
>ground beef
>onion soup mix
>combine ground beef with onion soup mix and form into patties
>cook on skillet

ez pz
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.