[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Italians pretend to like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 28

File: margherita-wood-fired-pizza.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
margherita-wood-fired-pizza.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
Why do Italians pretend to like this?
>>
>>7070842
Don't talk to italians, they're the worst "No that is not a REAL bolognese, no that is not a REAL carbonara, no that is not a REAL pizza"

It's just no true scotsman shit over and over again
>>
>op's never been to napoli

top kek
>>
>>7070847
that looks delicious you fat pleb
>>
>>7070842
Looks good OP.
>>
>>7070847
That looks pretty good actually
>>
>>7070847
Worst Pizza i ever had in my life was in Florence
>>
>>7070860

Pro-tip from an Italian: They pretty much don't know how to Italian north of Rome.

Also, pizza in Rome > Napoli, per essere sincero, famiglia
>>
>>7070847
>>go to italy
>>want pizza
>amazed to find that those niggers will put anything on a damn pizza
>>
>>7071390

Prego, Dio canae, prego.

Northern Italy is like southern Italy....except cleaner, and with less Africans.
>>
>>7071401
>I've never once in all my travels seen an Italian eating pizza.

I take it you haven't been to the Italy on planet Earth, then, have you anon.
>>
>>7071414
>>7071414
And yet American "italians" will chastize by putting on anything they claim isn't "authentic"
>>
File: onlineinoneimage.jpg (664KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
onlineinoneimage.jpg
664KB, 1280x1024px
>>7071435
Your post made me sad.

You sound incredibly lame.

Not the guy you were replying to but a passer-by.
>>
>>7072275
American Italians are pretty much entirely interbred with white people everywhere but in New Jersey
>>
>>7072313
lol, Italians are at the top in the US? How did you come up with that?

They are like the 8th most important ethnic group there
>>
>>7071401
Yeah, pizza is entirely an american thing, Italians are now trying to culturally appropriate it to make money of tourists, but Americans are the ones responsible for popularizing and perfecting it
>>
>>7072350
>Italians quite literally have absolutely nothing of value in the culinary arena.

Then stop appropriating and bastardizing all our fucking food you DISGUSTING Amerifats.
>>
>>7072355
Italians are literally appropriating american cuisine circa 1900 for all of their primary internationally known dishes
>>
>>7072355
>our
kek
>>
>>7072355
Guess what you italian fuck:

Most people prefer American style pizza
Most people prefer spaghetti bolognese to be saucy and full of tomoatos
Most people prefer their carbonara with cream and stock pot

You can continue your pastanigger ways but food is constantly evolving, so stop living in the past
>>
>>7072401
not to mention, tomato is an American crop, Italy didn't even have them traditionally
>>
>>7072275

American "Italians" are the biggest poseurs in the nation.
>>
>>7072558
eh, seems pretty true to actual italians
>>
>>7072341
finally the truth
>>
>>7072375
>Most people prefer American style pizza
>Most people prefer spaghetti bolognese to be saucy and full of tomoatos

That's because most people in the states have never had anything other than the shit we came up with in the states.

Give them a choice between an authentic Italian wood fired pizza, made from scratch, with unprocessed fresh ingredients, and the typical American pizza made from processed / frozen ingredients, and they'll take the wood fired 9 times out of 10.
>>
>>7071414
The worst I've seen in Italy was pizza with 'wurstel' (hot dogs I think) and fries, most other options were pretty traditional.

Haven't run into any pizzerias serving American abominations like BBQ chicken pineapple blue cheese taco beef pizza.
>>
>>7072582
>Give them a choice between an authentic Italian wood fired pizza, made from scratch, with unprocessed fresh ingredients, and the typical American pizza made from processed / frozen ingredients, and they'll take the wood fired 9 times out of 10
This is just dumb, a quality american style place is better than the best "italian" style stuff 99% of the time

Sure the psuedo authentic stuff you guys have is better than Pizza Hut, but its not that good
>>
>>7072589
yeah, god forbid you allow variety
There are an incredible number of places serving pizza in america, I sure fucking hope at least a few of them try some wierd stuff
>>
>>7072599
>This is just dumb, a quality american style place is better than the best "italian" style stuff 99% of the time

The only decent "American style" pizza's are decent because they are similar to the Italian pizza's, and use a simple approach with quality ingredients.

The overwhelming majority of U.S. pizza is processed garbage designed for fat asses.
>>
>>7072589

I've seen everything from artichoke, to squid, to egg, saurkraut, horse, tuna, anything man.....they'll slap that shit right on and dig in without a second thought.

However, the ingredients ARE usually fresh though, and not the frozen, processed shit that most U.S. pizza's use.
>>
>>7072626
the recent concept of "authentic italian" pizza is just modern marketing

Its incredibly easy to find excellent pizza in america of all sorts of styles
You keep just saying processed, but if you can't have that it really means no cheese or sausage of any kind
>>
>>7072658
>the recent concept of "authentic italian" pizza is just modern marketing
>Its incredibly easy to find excellent pizza in america of all sorts of styles
>You keep just saying processed, but if you can't have that it really means no cheese or sausage of any kind

"Authentic Italian" is made from simple and fresh ingredients such as...

Dough: flour, water, yeast salt
Sauce: San Marzano tomato, salt
Cheese: either made on premises from fresh milk, or bought from places that make it with no additives
Toppings: fresh veggies, meats made traditionally with no additives or preservatives, extra virgin olive oil

American pizza, on the other hand:

Dough: flour, water, yeast, salt, SUGAR, conditioner, sometimes even milk
Sauce: tomato paste, corn syrup, water, sugar, salt, spices, preservatives
Cheese: usually processed with preservatives and additives
Toppings: usually frozen and thawed veggies, and meats made with fillers, additives, and preservatives

Hell, some U.S. places butter their crusts, and fry their dough in the pan while cooking.

The "authentic" Italian pizza label is certainly viable due to the fact that they're fresher, and far less fattening than the typical American fare.
>>
File: delicioso.jpg (511KB, 1024x634px) Image search: [Google]
delicioso.jpg
511KB, 1024x634px
>>7072686
Here's a pic of pizza from an Italian pizza vending machine.
Stop acting like all Italian pizza is pure and holy, you over-dramatic fuck.
>>
>>7072721
Furthermore, if you can't recognize that the United States has world class pizza made from the finest ingredients you're an idiot.

Like no pizzeria here has heard of the mysterious and fabled "San Marzano"!!!
Ooooohh, canned tomatoes, a rare and precious commodity!
>>
>>7072631
Everything but the sauerkraut doesn't sound too outlandish.

Now I really want some squid Pizza, that's probably amazing. Not sure what cheese would work with squid though.
>>
>>7072686
san marzanos are specifically bred to be canned, not necessarily the best tomatos for pizza (sauce or topping). to claim that they are necessary for fresher pizza is a bit off, because for a fresh tomato you would definitely want a non-san marzano.
>>
File: yum.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
yum.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>>7072686
Here's a video of "authentic italian" pizza from the Milan airport (that's in Italy):

vimeo dot com slash 9654795
>>
>>7072730
>>7072686
I think using San Marzano tomatoes is a NY pizza thing.

Italian pizza mafia only specifies that you need to use tomatoes: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2008:040:0017:0025:EN:PDF
>>
>>7070844
The Italian people that I've met, both extended family and others, are the pickiest eaters ever. They like the food that they grew up with in the area in which they lived or currently live and that's about it. They don't try new things. Fuck me I had to entertain some visiting Italians and it was a complete leap for them to try GREEK food for Christ's sake.
>>
As long as the crust isn't sweet I'm fine. Holy fuck all of the chain places have this sweet as fuck sauce and crust, and only the local places have normal crust that actually taste like a bread product.
>>
Just because something isn't to the letter authentic, doesn't mean it is bad. Improvements can be made and anyone who quibbles about "hurrrr this ingredient makes it unauthentic therefore not as good" is a fucking retard.
>>
File: 1439123971009.jpg (108KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1439123971009.jpg
108KB, 640x640px
>>7072686
>all of X is better than all of Y

I love seeing people make these tryhard generalizations. It helps me know that some people are just so stuck in their backwards, retarded ideology and they will forever remain inferior.
>>
File: SpaghettiAndMeatballs.jpg (62KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
SpaghettiAndMeatballs.jpg
62KB, 300x300px
Look at all these Amerifats getting so defensive over their disgusting "Italian" food. Fucking American "Italian" s are even worse with their awful bastardizations and terrible restaurants serving disgusting americanized fake Italian garbage.

You fat fucks are just not suited to understanding what makes actual Italian food good, it doesn't suit the industrial, processed, quantity over quality mentality.
>>
>>7072721
>Stop acting like all Italian pizza is pure and holy, you over-dramatic fuck.

"Italian"? No.

Neapolitan? Yes.

Most of the shitty pizza sold in Italy isn't sold in actual pizzeria, but in places where the pizza is considered a secondary product, or in a cheap take out place.

Real pizzeria don't serve that garbage though, Francis.
>>
>>7072686
Simple is good if you are making it in your own kitchen, but if these are highly trained chefs they should really be able to try some more complicated things
>>
>>7072727
>Everything but the sauerkraut doesn't sound too outlandish.
I've had a Reuben pizza with sauerkraut and corned beef. It was pretty good
>>
>>7072725
>Furthermore, if you can't recognize that the United States has world class pizza...

We do, but that's because we copy the Neapolitan style to the letter.

Here's what most Americans consider "pizza" to be though: Domino's, Pizza Hut, Pappa Johns, Little Caesars, various NYC Pizza joints, and everything in between.

ALL shit. Especially the NYC "pizza".
>>
>>7073372
How salty are you pastanigger?
>>
>>7073372
>We do, but that's because we copy the Neapolitan style to the letter.
This is a ridiculous statement,, The Neopolitan style was essentially created and popularized in America, but the real ridiculous part is that you think only one fairly mediocre style of pizza is good
>>
>>7073375
Your pizza is shit.
>>
>>7073378
Your CUNTry is shit
>>
>>7073372
Americans eat a lot of chain pizza, but they also eat an incredible amount of local non-chain places making good stuff. Its much easier to find good pizza of a variety of styles in America than anywhere else
>>
File: Queen Margharitha di Savoia.jpg (260KB, 800x1162px) Image search: [Google]
Queen Margharitha di Savoia.jpg
260KB, 800x1162px
>>7073375
>The Neopolitan style was essentially created and popularized in America

No. It wasn't.

It was created and popularized in Napoli by some dude serving Princess Margherita of Savoy....hence the "Margherita" pizza.

Pic related.
>>
>>7073380
>Americans eat a lot of chain pizza, but they also eat an incredible amount of local non-chain places making good stuff.

Most local non-chain pizza places are also in the business of selling absolute garbage, and they can get away with it because Americans don't know any better.
>>
>>7073388
sounds like a myth to me
>>
>>7073392
>Most local non-chain pizza places are also in the business of selling absolute garbage
Have you ever even been to america? It sounds like you are just making stuff up. Hell even if I only wanted Neopolitan Style there are at least 5 places specializing in it within 10 minutes of me, and I live in flyover
>>
LE ONLY LE TRADITIONAL WAY IS LE ONLY CORRECT WAY AND LE NON LE TRADITIONAL FOR IS LE BAD
>>
>>7070842
Well American pizza is shit really.
They've never managed to figure it out.
>>
Reminder that Italy wouldn't even have pizza if americans hadn't developed and popularized it
>>
>>7073398
I'm an American, dumb ass, and any faggot that uses the term "flyover", obviously doesn't have the ability to form a reasonable, or valid, opinion.
>>
>>7073423
you are obviously not american, because you clearly do not know what america is like
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>7073423
Not that guy but so we don't accidentally trigger you, what is the preferred term now? Chemtrail enhanced? ETOPS compliant? Culturally disadvantaged?
>>
>>7073404
Lack of quality cheese, that's the problem.
>>
>>7073423
I love the high drama and indignation.
I live in a part of flyover country. It's a common term and non one gets upset by it here.
Calm down.
>>
>>7073457
He's probably from shitcago or one of those pretend cities in texas

My brother lives in iowa and says flyover without batting an eye

My wannabe "urban" cousin in shitcago gets gigatriggered by the word
>>
File: 1447457500598.jpg (202KB, 548x579px) Image search: [Google]
1447457500598.jpg
202KB, 548x579px
>mfw the best pizzas are made in Brazil
>>
>>7073434
no its not
>>
>>7073476
It is a problem
>>
I've eaten the worst pizza of my life in Rome. Not even shitting you. I'm from Slovenia and there is one of the best pizzerias near my home, which can't even be compared to shit I got there.

In the centre of Rome, I paid 12 euros for pizza and 2 euros for service. What I got was premade fork and knife on table, the a circle dough with ketchup and chesse on it.

Never again.
>>
>>7073487
The reason why is dumb tourists will buy any shit because they're in italy.
>>
>>7073388
I will now forever think of mister Bean when I eat a margherita

life is odd huh
>>
>>7073461
>shitcago
Suburbanite pls
>>
>>7073479
Do you think americans make pizza with Kraft singles?
>>
>>7073487
Rome is a place for tourists, so unless you actually invest some time in researching where you want to eat, you're gonna get fucked royally.
rule of thumb is to run away screaming if there's a guy outside trying to lure you in

And just to be clear: I was in Rome last week. Case in point - we spent 53 euro for 4 people with food and wine, and they were some of the best pizzas we've ever had.
>>
>>7073497
>so unless you actually invest some time in researching
Thats a fucking problem. In america it is super easy to find really good pizza, you don't have to do any research
>>
>>7073494
>shitcagan thinking that he's the center of the universe because from the top of the WILLIS tower, cornfields is all he can see
Although the Upper West Side is considered to be a residential neighborhood, "suburb" is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>7073479
You can't get decent cheese in the US so obviously the pizza is going to suck.
It's not hard to work out.
>>
>>7073506
>You can't get decent cheese in the US
Is this some sort of meme?
Regardless, mass produced mozzarella is perfect for pizza
>>
>>7073499
Well, no. I'd say that in any case, you're retarded if you just go into a random restaurant to eat without knowing whether it's good or not.
This is just THAT much more important in spots like Rome (i.e. a fuckton of tourists). It's not about pizza - it's about the food in general. Tourists are easy targets, and some people abuse that.

For real, use an app like Tripadvisor or Yelp or whatever next time you're in a touristy spot. It'll save you lots of money and angry faces.
>>
>>7073511
>you're retarded if you just go into a random restaurant to eat without knowing whether it's good or not.
Thats just not a problem where I live in america. I try new places all the time knowing little going in and am rarely disappointed
>>
>>7073516
such are the perils of visiting the romanticised cities of the old world
>>
>>7073508
>mass produced mozzarella is perfect for pizza

I'm not even an italianshitter but American cheese is fucking awful
>>
>>7073516
Not the guy you're arguing with, but it's much less likely that you just have 100% awesome restaurants where you live, and much more likely that you just have low standards and are easily pleased.

Not that there is anything wrong with this:

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/3148.htm#article4
>>
>>7073508
>mass produced
Every fucking time you fat pleb.
>>
>>7073424

Submissive bitch beta "men", fat assed fast food consumers, shitty pizza, whores, niggers, corrupt politicians, and faggots.

That pretty much sums up the U.S. these days.
>>
>>7073429
>>7073457
>>7073461

Didn't mean to trigger you ladies by deriding your use of the term "flyover".
>>
>>7073521
American cheese is different from American "cheese" product anon.
>>
>>7072375

lol this

They may have invented it, but we (Americans) perfected it. When pizza started to spread around the world the rest of the world copies the US style of pizza
>>
>>7073534
I have tasted both when I lived there m8
>>
>>7073534
It's all shit
I'd love to live in Europe.
>>
>>7072725
>>7073372
>>7073380
It's funny, because this mentality pervades the entire perception of American cuisine.

Often times, the most popular brands of any given item are absolutely shit.

For example:
>cheese
>beer
>pizza

The most popular brands and types of each of these are barely even the product they advertise to be.

However, the US puts out the best and most varieties of craft beer, cheeses, and pizzas.

Truly a land of the best and the worst of everything.
>>
>>7073501
>being this butthurt by a random city supposedly surrounded by millions of corn fields.

I'd be upset too if I had to live in a shithole like you
>>
>>7073535
but we really don't
The only "american" pizza I've ever had was in one of like 10 fucking stores of pizza hut in the entire country
>>
>>7073576
was horrible btw
>>
>>7073560
>best and most varieties of craft beer, cheeses,

The sad thing is you probably believe this
>>
>>7073560
>However, the US puts out the best and most varieties of craft beer, cheeses, and pizzas.

kek
>>
>>7073521
america makes all sorts of great and bad and average cheese, but you really shouldn't need to use some rare obscure cheese if you are good at making pizza, simple mozzarella is all you need
>>
>>7073533
I was really only using it ironically to begin with, because /ck/ seems to care so much about flyover, but your reaction was pretty odd
>>
File: Diabetes starter kit.jpg (63KB, 640x434px) Image search: [Google]
Diabetes starter kit.jpg
63KB, 640x434px
>>7073535
"Perfected".
>>
>>7073581
You could argue either way with cheese, but America by all possible measures makes the vast majority of the world's quality beer. Hell the American West, Midwest and Northeast each make more of the worlds best beer than all of Europe, Asian and Africa combined
>>
>>7073581
>>7073585
It's true.
>>
>>7072867
The Italian people I was with in Italy were nothing like what you are claiming. They were all more than willing and enjoyed eating the Mexican food I cooked many times. The father described (to hilarious length) how bothered he is that hot sauce isn't more common in Italy. I gave them a jar of Cholula and El Yucateco brown and they all loved it except for the mom, too hot for her.
>>
>>7073642

Yeah kinda like I'm too hot 4 ure mom heheheh nothing personnel kid
>>
I'm not going to bother reading this thread, just came to say that Americans are fat and retarded and fat and retarded rofl kill yourselves you kitsch fucks
>>
>>7073667
My mom is old and wrinkly. You are probably in your 20s and you probably are too hot for her, honestly.
>>
>>7073688

Didn't stop me last night kiddo hahah rofl she got it good if u know what I mean gave her the d lmao
>>
File: yeeeeehh.jpg (23KB, 450x315px) Image search: [Google]
yeeeeehh.jpg
23KB, 450x315px
>>7073696
hahaa I think I know what you mean LOL
>>
>>7070844
Sounds like New Yorkers.
>dats not reeel peezuh! It need to be NEW YOOORK dough and NEW YOOORK sauce
But it is...this is A New York style pizza place...
>THEY DONT USE NU YOOORK WATA HEA!

Ive seriously heard more than one New Yorker say this at a pizza shop. They said if it isnt in New York using the shitty New York city water to make the dough, then its not authentic. I wish everyday was 9/11.
>>
>>7073603
American domestic beer is weak, piss water.
Duck that.
>>
>>7073798
Bud Light is made by a Euro company, and only terrible poor people drink it. The mass produced beer in literally every other country is utterly terrible compared to the quality beer you can find in any American grocery store or bar. Besides a small handful of Belgian breweries almost all of the world's quality beer is made in america
>>
>>7073810
>Besides a small handful of Belgian breweries almost all of the world's quality beer is made in america
I'd like to see things from your point of view, but I can't fit my head up your ass hole because your head is in the way.
>>
>>7073818
What are some of your favorite beers, and have you ever even had a american beer not made by Bud/Miller/Coors/Pabst?

Pretty much the only people that are skeptical about american beer know pretty much nothing about beer
>>
File: image.jpg (491KB, 1158x1322px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
491KB, 1158x1322px
>>7073825
Drink pic related now.
It's American piss water, fucking terrible.
>>
>>7073825
>american beer not made by Bud/Miller/Coors/Pabst?
Dude, I just said that and then you post a Coors beer. I understand your ignorance if Blue Moon is the best american beer you have had. Please educate yourself though, you won't regret it,
>>
>>7073798
And other euro beers arent? Standard American beer is 5%. Or if you wanna get hammered, drink Steel Reserve. call 8% weak, go ahead. Or if you want a beer that actually tastes good, there are a million American choices.
Fucking kids these days. I remember being 20 years old and hearing the same tired beer may mays over and over.
>hhhuurrr merican beer is piss duuurrr

10 years later, its the same shit.
>>
>>7073851
Blue Moon is made by coors
>>
>>7072329
In New Jersey they're just regular inbred.
>>
>>7073997
>hurr durr only stouts and IPAs are real beer

I'll stick to drinking Pilseners, thanks
>>
>>7074229
Stouts, IPA, and sour/wild fermented beers are inherently higher forms of beer than light lagers

If you like mass produced lightly flavored beer, go for it, but don't act like you know shit about beer if thats all you drink
>>
I'm part Italian and pizelles are the only authentic Italian thing I really grew up with. I don't even think the spaghetti my mom made was very authentic.
>>
File: steve_wozniak.jpg (122KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
steve_wozniak.jpg
122KB, 600x600px
>>7074235
THIS THIS THIS OMG
>>7074229
If you can't handle adult flavors, you should stick to wine coolers. Beer is for adults and that means not drinking piss lagers.

Are you a woman? You type like a woman.
>>
File: 1391081172873.jpg (1KB, 178x149px) Image search: [Google]
1391081172873.jpg
1KB, 178x149px
>"higher" forms of beer
>mfw beer hipsters think they're enlightened because they drink bitter heavy beers near me
>>
>>7074263
lighter lagers were specifically designed to be cheap to produce at the expense of flavor, they were never meant to taste better than other beer, just to be more accessible. There is a reason all those breweries have such massive marketing budget, no one would pick them otherwise now that good beer is relatively inexpensive and super easy to find

and I don't know where you live, but the idea that well formulated beer recipes are 'hipster' seems kind of strange, amongst 20 something dudes (/ck/ prime demographic) it sure seems like good beer is incredibly popular, something hipsters would never stand for
>>
>>7074270
I live in Texas and yes beer hipsters exist. I like shiner bach and I thought thats what was in the keg at a party but some hipster spoke up and was saying it was Saint Arnolds and questioned who would drink Shiner bach now that it was sold to a big company even though the beer tastes the same as before.
>>
>>7074290
Yeah, I should have guess you were a southerner. Up here, drinking good beer is the normal state for post college guys, which makes it the antithesis of hipsterdom
>>
>>7074290
Shiner is pretty mediocre. Surely a step up from Bud, but pretty much on par with Leinies or Blue Moon

Also, pretty sure Shiner is brewed by an independent company and has not recently switched hands, but I could be wrong
>>
>>7072867
For fucks sake. Everyone likes Greek food...
>>
>>7074235
>Stouts, IPA, and sour/wild fermented beers are inherently higher forms of beer than light lagers
>If you like mass produced lightly flavored beer, go for it, but don't act like you know shit about beer if thats all you drink

That's because there aren't many "light lagers" made in the states that are actually worth a fuck.

American beers completely lack the malty goodness of a properly made light lager, and damn near any American beer that actually has some kind of hoppy flavor is overloaded on said hoppy flavor.

Instead, commercial American beer has attempted to eliminate any flavor as to create a substitute for water, and most of the "craft" brews made all think that hops=real beer, and largely taste like ass.

Sam Adams makes decent beer, as does shiner, but outside of a very select few "craft" brews that don't have their head up their ass and overload their shit with hops, most American beer is pretty nasty, or flavorless.

We don't even come close to the Belgians, the Germans, or the Czechs, when it comes to making decent beer.
>>
>>7074448
>lack the malty goodness of a properly made light lager
If you want malty goodness, you sure as fuck wouldn't get a light lager
> damn near any American beer that actually has some kind of hoppy flavor is overloaded on said hoppy flavor.
This just isn't the case, sure americans love IPA, but american brewers make just about every style ever, and are constantly making new ones. There is nothing that is tough to find in america.
> commercial American beer has attempted to eliminate any flavor
Nice try, but this is a problem literally everywhere, sure Bud Light is particularly bad, but the common lagers in every other country in the world are also terrible examples of beer

The Czechs and Germans? You need to stop living in the 80s, that stuff was relatively good when literally only Belgium was making actual good beer, but thats just not the case anymore. You obviously know very little about the beer market, it seriously sounds like you haven't actually bought beer since the 80s
>>
>>7070842
That is a really shitty margherita pizza. Over cooked, burnt basil, too much crust and not enough sauce.
>>
>>7075034
>Over cooked, burnt basil, too much crust and not enough sauce
thats what makes it authentic
>>
>>7070842
I'd like that if it wasn't burned. I like that type of pizza way better than greek/american style
>>
>>7072744
Is all Italian pizza from Italy burned? People don't mind the charcoal flavor?
>>
>>7075053
>>7075053
>IPAs are good

stop
>>
>>7075063
Who the fuck doesn't like IPA? Especially those midwest style ones with that citra hop flavor
>>
>>7070842
Because we actually do like that.
I should correct myself, I like that. I'm sure many other italians like that.
>>
>>7070842
having actually been to italy, I can tell you that our "pizza" isn't even pizza

the comon elements are
1. basic tomato sauce
2. flat bread
3. herbs

if your pizza has a thick, heavy or wet-dough base, has thick piled ingredients, a layer of cheese, or any other shit; it's not a pizza

not I'm not being elitist about this, go and inhale your deep pan 8 cheese barbecue and bacon trancher, but don't call it a pizza
>>
>>7075923
le only le authentic le pizza le is le pizza
>>
File: typicalamericanpizzaconsumer.jpg (22KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
typicalamericanpizzaconsumer.jpg
22KB, 500x299px
Americans understand food in terms of portion size and the concentration of ingredients and sensations. Most other culinary culture appreciates balance and complexity of flavours.

Thats why these threads will keep happening and Americans will keep defending their ridiculous, superfluous comfort food.
>>
>>7075092

Beer snobs them because A) they're faggots and B) baww too many hops.
>>
>>7075063
>I don't like something because I perceive it as a """meme"""
You're literally the only thing worse than people who DO like memes
>>
>>7075952
Wrong
>>
>>7075937
yes, that's how words work

you don't have four wheeled tricycles for instance
much of what is described as pizza bars little resemblance to it, and should have it's own name
>>
>>7075978
Words change, deal with it
>>
>>7075970
Liking something because its popular is stupid, hating something for same is the highest form of pretentious bullshit.
>>
>>7075985
I don't hate it because it's popular, I hate it because it's bad
>>
>>7075980
this is why americans don't get served in restaurants overseas
cultural ignorance, you can trample other peoples delicacies, shrink wrap them with preservatives and add cheese all you want

being amerifat is what you will get
>>
>>7075978
They have their own names, NY style, deep dish etc.
>>
>>7075987

lol youre a faggot

not even american
>>
>>7075986
>it's bad
You cant say that with any objectivity. Your is a fabrication to support your embittered anti-hipster pomposity.
>>
>>7075989
>>7075990
look honestly call it whatever you want, it just makes me mad because pizza is the culmination of everyhting I hate about anglo food

>not being able to make real food with dough, this squooshy white bread, white flour, quick rise, quick stale, full of sugar
>using cheese like a sauce
>adding sugar and salt to everything so it saturates the pallate
>putting too many base ingredients in food, and no delicacy with seasoning
>disrespectful cultural appropriation
>oh god, the cheese...just why? there are a thousand varieties and anglos only make cheddar and blue well, crimes against mozzarella, Parmesan that is all salt
>"youre"

I can't even deal with it
>>
ITT: Americans pretending to be cultured arguing with Americans not pretending to be cultured about the precise definition of pizza
>>
File: i1wd1qwclmoyb3biks4y.jpg (93KB, 652x365px) Image search: [Google]
i1wd1qwclmoyb3biks4y.jpg
93KB, 652x365px
>>7075987
I'm American and I've been to the following countries either for fun, for work, or to live:

Canada
Mexico
Guatemala
Panama
Cuba
Colombia
Ecuador
Peru
Argentina
England
Netherlands
France
Spain
Germany
Denmark
Norway
UAE
Thailand
Malaysia
Indonesia
Singapore
Philippines
Hong Kong
Macau
Japan

Didn't have any trouble, which countries should I expect trouble in?

Also this >>7075989
>>
>>7076008

But you only described one style of pizza.
>>
>>7076021
>England

ugh... dumb fucking clapfat why don't you know it's the UK?
>>
>>7076028
http://geography.about.com/cs/politicalgeog/a/statenation.htm

If you want everyone to say "UK" then you're not allowed to get butthurt next time someone asks "what the fuck is Wales" or insists that Derry (as opposed to Londonderry which isn't a real name) is in Ireland.

Please learn English.
>>
>>7076033
In common speech it's called the UK
>>
>>7076021
it is no like americans are guaranteed trouble, but the chances rise depending on who you are, where you go, and how you act

for instance I was in vietnam near some ancient cities the Vietnamese were re-building , the Americans firebombed them during the Vietnam war to demoralize the Vietnamese
some americans were commenting on how the Vietnamese didn't look after the place, and were thrown out of the guided tour I was on

in the south of italy ameicans were routinely refused seating or service at eateries because they were inappropriately dressed, rude, noisy etc
in the second world war many french and italian towns were lacked by american soldiers passing through, girls were raped, heirlooms were stolen, people were intimidated

there is anti-american sentiment in nationalist japanese circles

all through the middle east they bey for american blood, outside the areas where american dollars help float the ecconomy americans are in danger

you have spend quiet some time in sough america, much of it is civilized, but in venesuella people think the CIA tried to make a coup, in colmbia feelings are mixed

not all people have these views, someones it's a minority; but it doesn't take many people to ruin your day
>>
>>7076048
>in venesuella people think the CIA tried to make a coup
Oh wow buddy... if you think that's the best example of reasons why South or Central Americans might resent Americans you should probably learn more history.

The only place anyone openly expressed what might resemble resentment to me for my nationality was in the UAE and it was quite polite, I was just surprised that anyone openly asked me about whether I supported Bush (most people waited until we had a few drinks but I guess a Muslim doesn't get that option)

>>7076047
It's context dependent, people say England when they mean England and UK when they mean UK.
>>
>>7072355
What are you talking about, edgelord? Domino's does well in Europe too, so clearly people other than "Amerifats" can enjoy our perfected pizza.
>>
>>7076067
In the context you spoke, you should say UK
>>
>>7076068
Can confirm, wanted to get French food when visiting with some French clients, they insisted on ordering Domino's because it was faster.

They might have done it to troll me though.
>>
>>7076070
But I haven't been to anywhere in the UK other than England. As opposed to UAE where I've been to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah, so in that example it's fair to say I've been to the "UAE". If I had only been to Dubai I would have said "Dubai".
>>
>>7072721
>applause
>>
>>7076067
the point still stand that Americans are resented overseas

when I was in italy I told americans I was with to pretend to be australian or canadian

in france americans get spat at sometimes, and anyone who looks american gets the same treatment
Australians complained that they were mistaken for americans and refused entry to a restaurant, when they said they were australian they got appologies and free meals

americans were evicted from the berlesque in paris as well for treating the girls like whores, and ameicans whores at that

in germany I threw americans and australians out of the beer halls for singing their national songs loudly and being rude
>>
>>7076074
I lived in "england" my whole life, yet I say I am from the UK. Why? Because that's how it's said you fucking fat shit
>>
File: trv.png (146KB, 901x817px) Image search: [Google]
trv.png
146KB, 901x817px
>>7076077
>when I was in italy I told americans I was with to pretend to be australian or canadian
Oh wow, so you're a walking /trv/ meme

What a faggot
>>
>>7076077
This. I live in Korea and everyone assumes I'm American. I tell them I'm British and everyone loves me.
>>
File: bnp.jpg (56KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
bnp.jpg
56KB, 800x533px
>>7076079
Well of course you would
>>
>>7076068
>>7076072

>Europe
>France

Those are two strange ways to spell Italy, you disgusting Amerifats.
>>
>>7076108
>please pay attention to me ;_;
Ok here is your attention.

But honestly, who gives a shit about Italy except orange oompa-loompas from New Jersey?
>>
File: wut2.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
wut2.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>7076077

You just reminded of my last visit to Rome when, at a restaurant literally operating since 1842, a table full of your typically ignorant Americans complained that a clay plate was chipped and sending back spaghetti cacio e pepe because it was "too salty"
>>
>>7076119

Pro-tip: Those sixth generation "fazool" and "canool" orange pray tanned morons are not Italian, and have nothing to do with Italy.
>>
>>7076134
I remember when an American came into a restaurant, ordered a bowl of ice, sat their crunching the ice and left, leaving a £20 tip to the bemused waitress
>>
File: italy.jpg (97KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
italy.jpg
97KB, 450x300px
>>7076134
It probably was. Restaurants trading on the year they were founded are rarely good
>>7076138
This was literally photographed *in italy*.
>>
File: tumblr_lyl716jlep1qfjej5o1_400.gif (990KB, 295x283px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyl716jlep1qfjej5o1_400.gif
990KB, 295x283px
>>7076144

Because visiting Italy makes you Italian.
>>
>>7076108
That whole continent is so tiny, from Italy to France there isn't that much of a difference in food and their citizens preference.
>>
File: typical_day_in_italy.jpg (31KB, 520x347px) Image search: [Google]
typical_day_in_italy.jpg
31KB, 520x347px
>>7076147
>denial intensifies
>>
File: romney-smug-as-always.jpg (69KB, 260x320px) Image search: [Google]
romney-smug-as-always.jpg
69KB, 260x320px
>>7076150

Are you really that stupid? You don't think whether you are in the country the food originally comes from or elsewhere in Europe makes a difference in how much people will like the disgusting Amerifats version?

So people who are up in France are just as likely to enjoy Americanized French food as someone from Portugal?

Just stop.
>>
>>7076152

These people? Now Italian.
>>
I think American pizza is best. Well I do have an Italian mother.
>>
>>7076159
No, you can tell they aren't because of the lack of orange color.

You've never met an Italian before have you.
>>
File: IMG_0248.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0248.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
guize do I look Italian?
>>
>>7076157
Probably, yes. I've been to a country once, had their "authentic" food, came back home and had the americanized version, pretty much the same.
>>
>>7074256
>THIS THIS THIS OMG
>accusing anyone else of typing like a woman
>>
/ck/, you should clean up your board. I don't know why you respond to retarded posts and obvious bait but this is pretty bad.
>>
>>7076321
This has always been a real problem for this board.
I'm surprised we don't still have a constant New York vs. Chicago thread at the top of the catalog.
My favourites are the ones who are like "This is obviously bait, here's a long angry response".
It's like "hey, I just saw you piss into this cup but watch me drink it anyway"
>>
>>7076321
It's because there are a lot of mods who are also regular posters.

You get in an argument with a mod, they ban you for "trolling" and delete all your posts.

This happens often enough, there's no point in posting anything but inane trolling garbage. Because if I'm gonna get banned for trolling I want to *actually* get banned for trolling.

This doesn't happen on the other boards I frequent (/n/ and /g/). On those boards, the only bans I've gotten, I had it coming.
>>
>>7074724
>If you want malty goodness, you sure as fuck wouldn't get a light lager

I bet you wouldn't even recognize malt characteristics in a light lager if I gave you one.

You obviously have no experience, or judgement, about anything of which you speak of, but don't let that stop you from pretending you do.

Try doing some full malt beer brewing on your own, as it is the best way to learn about exactly what it is that is flavoring a beer, and even if you fuck up, the results are usually far better than any commercial U.S. beer.
>>
>>7075923

Americans have taken a "pizza" and have essentially turned it into a meat and cheese pie.
>>
>>7075987
>this is why americans don't get served in restaurants overseas

Really?

Lived, or traveled through, Europe, N. Africa, and central America and never got refused service anywhere, nor caught shit for being an American.

Matter of fact, most people thought I was rich, because I was an American, and pretty much tried to suck up to me and kiss my ass.
>>
>>7076033
>If you want everyone to say "UK" then you're not allowed to get butthurt next time

>Brit
>not butthurt

Choose one.
>>
>>7070842

>>looks at the cheese
>>looks at the pizza
>>looks at OP
>>calls OP a faggot
>>leaves
>>
>>7076079

I visited England, and it was a shithole.

It's filled with fat rude people with tiny minds, driving tiny cars, on tiny streets, living in tiny houses, eating shitty tasteless food, and drinking lukewarm flavorless "beer".
>>
>>7074347
Greek food is fucking gross. How did a civilization as great as the Greeks stoop to having a staple diet of disgusting lamb and yoghurt.
>>
>>7076864

hamplanet spotted
>>
>>7076915
You should just kill yourself. Get it over with.

>papoutsaki
>pastitsio
>souvlaki
>tzatziki
>greek bread
>feta
>kalamata olives
>tons of other shit

Yeah just do it already dude. End it all.
>>
File: 20070116CamsPie.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
20070116CamsPie.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
I've had both pizzas and honeslty Italian authentic pizza is overrated. I prefer the Americans way with quality ingredients. You can't beat the caramelized cheese and that sexy dough of NYC pizza. I could eat the crust of good america pizza all day, but that burnt shit, fuck that.
>>
>>7070844
Start following recipes and no Italian will care.
>>
>>7072375
Have you been outside of America?
>>
File: 2013-06-07 18.40.33.jpg (220KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-07 18.40.33.jpg
220KB, 1600x1200px
>>7077307
Not him, but if you saw what passed for "italian" food in asia, you'd be grateful for america's slavish devotion to traditional italian cuisine
>>
>>7076915
Traditional greek food (not your local gyro place) is on point
It's so underrated
>>
>>7073786
wew lad, guess you got mugged in Manhattan or something if you're that mad about a state
>>
>>7077350
Nobody gets mugged in Manhattan anymore. It's more likely he blocked a crowded station entrance during rush hour and got butthurt when someone asked him to please move aside.
>>
>>7077357
>blocked a crowded station entrance during rush hour and got butthurt when someone asked him to please move aside.

I'm from NY and have never seen that situation handled in such a way.
Someone muttering, "fucking tourists" and just plowing through him would be more accurate
>>
>>7077319
Can you post more pictures of different cuisines made in Asia?
>>
>>7077161
>the Americans way with quality ingredients.
things that never happened.
>>
>>7076165
no, maybe latino
>>
>>7074724
>There is nothing that is tough to find in america.
Good locally-made wine? Yes, you can find it in a few places (there's a few good places in the Finger Lakes area) but it isn't easy through most of the US. There's a metric ass-load of 'Murika that's just a food desert filled with Burgers, Bad Pizza and Bud. Or maybe a steakhouse if you want sofisticayshun.
>>
>>7076047
>>7076070
>>7076079
Only because you're a kek. You think someone from Scotland or Norn Iron or Wales says he's from the UK? Fuck no. Only the English do this, because they're afraid that if they describe themselves as English or living in England, then that will make them look racist.
>>
Burger here. I ate nothing but dank pizza all over Italy. Best pizza I had there was in Pompeii. Also, gelato...my God. Italy is doing a lot of things right.
>>
>>7073533
Nigga you got completely butt devastated and sperged out because someone insulted your shitty wasteland state
>>
>>7077835
That's not true you ignorant fat American fuck
>>
>>7077870
>the English aren't completely aloof retards when it comes to interacting with strangers
mate......
>>
>>7077862

Just type nigger, nigger.
>>
>>7077889
Not walking up to strangers and going "Oh hey buddy man I sure love London England hey have you met the Queen?" is not being aloof
>>
>>7070844
Somehow doubt you've talked to an Italian since "bolognese" isn't a thing in Italy.
>>
File: 1442238963856.jpg (94KB, 482x214px) Image search: [Google]
1442238963856.jpg
94KB, 482x214px
>this thread
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.