[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here follow a paleo diet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Paleo-Pyramid.png (2MB, 1240x879px) Image search: [Google]
Paleo-Pyramid.png
2MB, 1240x879px
Anyone here follow a paleo diet?
>>
No.

paleo is the most stupid fad I have ever heard of
>>
>>7068132
low carb diet is good but its a life choice, the second u stop it comes right back.
>all hail pork rinds and sugar free ranch
>>
>>7068132
The first time I heard someone call it the "caveman diet" my blood boiled.
>>
File: image.png (348KB, 300x560px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
348KB, 300x560px
>>7068132
Couple of things:
1.Justifying a diet by saying that our ancestors who lived in constant fear of starving and living to the ripe old age of 30 is retarded, our diet should be be tailored to our more sedentaryand long lived life.
2.Diets like these ignore the fact that calory intake and portion sizing is just as important as having a diverse diet free from useless shit like chocolate.
3.Carbs such as oats should be included since they make up a majority of the bulk in your digestive system, cut them out and prepare to feel lethargic whilst taking slippery turds on the pot.

I personally know people that are willing to pay £6 more for paleo cereal because they are too fucking lazy to mix in seed and dry fruit with their oats, /ck/s please do not fall for this marketing gimmick.
>>
It has good ideas. Minimize grains, fats aren't bad, lots of vegetables, natural diet proteins are better (ie bug fed chickens, grass fed cows)

But it has some bad ideas too, like minimizing dairy, and eliminating legumes from diet.

I think the biggest issue I have with "paleo" is that they love eating coconut oil and avocados and brussel sprouts. And these three items will never be found together in nature. This is not a historically realistic diet.

Interestingly there has been some research recently linking varied diets with obesity, and narrow diets with longevity.So perhaps going a step further and cutting out the exotic ingredients would make the diet even more effective, plus it would be more "paleo"

P.S. modern vegetables and fruit are much different from historic ones. We can no longer eat the fiber rich diets of yesteryear. But this is good, because coprophagia is a bit disgusting.
>>
>>7068183
>ripe old age of 30
Most paleo people contend that human life potential hasn't changed much in the last 100k years. People have always lived well into their 80s, it is just that more people died young which lowered the average. The majority of increase in life expectancy over the last 100 years has been due to a lowering of infant mortality.

Look at our presidents from 200-250 years ago. Washington lived to 67, Adams lived to 90, Jefferson lived to 83, Madison lived to 85. And this was during a time period where life expectancy was 35-40 years for the USA.
>>
be a real lad and do keto
paleo a shit
>>
>>7068136
>eating meat and vegetables and fruit is a stupid fad
Yeah okay why don't you stick to your mac and cheese there kid
>>
>>7068204
> The majority of increase in life expectancy over the last 100 years has been due to a lowering of infant mortality.

Lol.
>>
>>7068244
You don't have to follow some cavemen diet to eat those things.
>>
>>7068604
100 years ago 10% of everyone died at birth. This greatly skews life expectancy
>>
>>7068132
>vegetable
>shows picture of mushroom

triggered
>>
File: 1441814234953.gif (510KB, 700x827px) Image search: [Google]
1441814234953.gif
510KB, 700x827px
>>7068840
>tfw you didn't die in the womb thanks to modern medicine
>>
File: milk.jpg (35KB, 468x278px) Image search: [Google]
milk.jpg
35KB, 468x278px
>>7068229
>Doing keto for anything other than cutting that list couple of percentages of bodyfat off so you look juicy as fark.
>>
>>7068132

I know someone that lost a lot of weight on it. So even if it is a meme diet, it can work.
>>
>doing a literal meme diet
>>
>>7068132
Take your cult elsewhere
>>
>>7071026
I tried it for a while. I didn't put on as much chub when I went sedentary for a few weeks compared to my normal diet. Went back to my normal diet because it was boring and kind of gross to eat so much fats, and also I got tired more easily.
>>
>>7068229
>implying keto is healthy
>implying a keto diet is for anyting other than losing a bit of weight/cutting
>>
>>7068604
This is honestly true, though. If murder, famine, or pestilence didn't kill you, you could still live about as long as you can nowadays.
>>
File: feelbonacci.png (107KB, 841x797px) Image search: [Google]
feelbonacci.png
107KB, 841x797px
>>7068862
>>
>>7068132
There is nothing wrong with legumes, unrefined grains or dairy
Just eat whole foods and avoid all added sugar and refined carbs and you're good
>>
>>7068840
>>7068204

myth
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.