[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /ck/ I was given this meat, and I have no idea what it is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 31d4bab937[1].jpg (88KB, 605x559px) Image search: [Google]
31d4bab937[1].jpg
88KB, 605x559px
Hi /ck/

I was given this meat, and I have no idea what it is or what to do with it.

If it's not obvious already, I've never really cooked with any meat other than chicken breast/ground beef.

What is it?
>>
definitely looks like pork. not sure of the cut.

if there's no tough connective tissue or gristle. slice it thin into chops. bread and fry them.
>>
off hand, not even joking, it looks like human meat

pair it with mushrooms. you can pound it out and make a schnitzel
or sear and then braise it with aeromatics, root vegetables, and white wine
>>
>>7068053
I was thinking of pan frying to medium rare and serving with garlic butter new potatoes and some kale.
>>
It's gotta be pork.

I'd braise it. >>7068053 has a good idea, but you could still end up with something tough.

braise it, and then you'll be sure to ahve something good. And cooked through.
>>
>>7068048
Post more pics
Show cut(s) on the bottom
>>
>>7068048
It's pork loin
>>
>>7068048

Thats leg meat
>>
>>7068068
Looks like it. Thanks boys.

I feel like a dipshit thinking it was beef.

>>7068064
I'm out at the moment so can't. But the fact I had the wrong fucking animal nevermind the cut is enough.

Is it safe to cook pork to a medium rare standard, or if being shit at cooking a reason to keep it medium?
>>
>>7068068
It's not pork loin
>>
>>7068076
>>7068072
Yeah, I guess it could be leg joint
>>
Mmmm
Mystery meat
>>
>>7068056
Why not pair it with fava beans and a nice Chianti?
>>
>>7068048
faggot
>>
It's Human. Enjoy your shakies OP
Source: I'm a nurse.
>>
>>7068074
you dont want to undercook pork unless you know where it came from.
>>
>>7068339
Kek
>>
>>7068048
>I was given this meat, and I have no idea what it is
How does this happen?
>>
that is human flesh op
>>
Looks like what's usually marketed as a "tender filet" . . . which is a a lower quality cut of beef (usually sirloin) cut rolled and tied to make it look something like filet mignon.

Often it comes rolled with bacon, and I've seen them at my local supermarket in packs of 2 for around $6.

The best way to cook it is to sear each side with oil, butter, garlic and herbs in a hot skillet and then transfer to a 350F oven for about 6 minutes until the middle reaches medium rare. It can be surprisingly tasty for cheap meat.
>>
>that sinew...
>>
>>7068056
That's not what human meat looks like unless it's been aged or dried.
>>
>>7068048
How'd you come across this human meat OP?
>>
>>7068053
>slice it thin into chops.
Technically, pork chops are a particular cut of pork. You can't pork chop a shoulder or belly.
Pork chops are loin to shoulder. One muscle is loin. It can continue up the loin to include 5 different muscles. At that point you're better off braising them.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.