[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

holiday traditions that only your family does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: dainiel.jpg (661KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
dainiel.jpg
661KB, 1536x1152px
Let's get a weird family holiday meal traditions thread going. Before I got to college, I didn't realize that my family was the only one to honor Saint Daniel at our holiday meals with a "Daniels Plate". We basically set a place at the table and fill a plate high with food that is only for Saint Daniel to eat. We keep it there overnight.

What are your unique meal traditions like the Daniel Plate?

Brayden's Post.
>>
>>7058886
So, like, when Dan the man inevitably doesn't eat it do you just bin a whole plate of food?
>>
Canned cranberry sauce. Like we make all the other food from scratch but always buy the canned cranberry sauce.
>>
>>7058886
We eat piss eggs in China.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 305x165px
>>7058886
what the fuck is saint daniel?
My family usually tries to make an appearance on a national gameshow during the holidays to boost our spirits. We play a recording of the show during our meals so our guests can envy our good fortune. Please pray for us.
>>
>>7058910
>>7058899
Yes, we always have to throw the food away. It is wasteful, but it is a fun tradition now so we are happy to make this sacrifice.

Saint Daniel is all over the web. Check him out!

Brayden's Post.
>>
>>7058899
Dude, that's fucked up. I rep tradition but food waste for the sake of it is ass backwards. You need to have a good long think about your priorities. If I admitted that to people when I was at college, I'd have had the shit kicked out of me. Or at least been ostracised
>>
>>7058886
What the hell
>>
>>7058928
So then how does your family honor Saint Daniel?

Brayden's Post.
>>
>>7058909
Fucking backwards country.
>>
>>7058937

We all ejaculate into a plastic bag and hide it under the youngest member of the family's bed. Then if Dan the man doesn't eat it we throw it out
>>
>>7058936
I think we're being meme'd

>Made up Saint
>Bait-loaded 'tradition'
>autistic 'Brayden's Post' bait signature
>>
>>7058886
My family made a boxing Santa and a boxing Jesus and put them out in the lawn, duking it out. We've been doing it long before Southpark came out with their skit.
>>
>>7058886
>>7058917
>>7058937
Did you forget global rule 13?
>>
>>7058952

He's real, it is an Eastern Orthodox tradition. Brayden is a slavshit.
>>
>>7058958
>global rule 13
>>7058952
>>7058951
I am sorry about the rules 13. I stop posting Brayden's Post after this post.

Saint Daniel is not a made up saint. You need to check your facts. This is a real tradition of our families heritage.

Please do not disrespect Saint Daniel with your sexual language. As I understood it this was a family site for SFW posts. What if my grandchild sees the word "ejaculate" and I have to explain to it about ejaculations?! Please use your brain!

Brayden's Post.
>>
>>7058958
>reading the 4chan rules

One guess who's behind this post
>>
>>7058970
Why are you going to college if you're a grandfather.

And fuck you, man. I'll honour St Daniel however I please. If I want to spunk a wad in a bag and hide it under a bed then that's my God-given right. No man should have that taken away from him. This isn't Communist Russia.
>>
>>7058971
Replies 17
Posters 10

idk, some faggot?
>>
>>7058971
the beast inside, anon
>>
>>7058977
>10
It was hypothetical as if I will someday be somebodies grandfather at someday of the future after i have myself my own family someday in the future.
>>
Also, the Native Americans do this as well. They set a plate out for their past family members. They either burn the food or set it outside for the wild animals to eat.

Brayden's Post.
>>
I also suck cock for saint daniel

Brayden's Post.
>>
I forgot to mention, any carrots that end up on the plate must be inserted into the youngest family member's anus as saint Daniel doesn't like carrots.

Brayden's post.
>>
>>7059105
>>7059039
>>7059030
This were really unrepspectful on this families site to pretend to be me and post this toilet language. What if all of our grandchildren had watched these post about sexual insertions and using F's words?!
>>
>>7059121
Your bit, while funny, has run its course and wreaks of reddit content aggregation. Stop while you're ahead.
>>
>>7059131
Stop being a fuk and just post ur tradition. My family watches tv in separate rooms during the holidays. We do this every night also when it is not the holidays. This is our most treasured tradiotn.
>>
My mum invites my drug addict brother over who I hate. So I spend the day at my dads house drinking with him.
>>
I'm a fag, my whole family is fags and Saint Daniel is the saint of fags.

Brayden's Post.
>>
>>7058886
that sounds like a huge fucking waste of food and your family is retarded for doing it. does your father sacrificially plumb your mothers buttholes depths with a cucumber while making you spin around in a circle with a tutu dress on after dinner
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-24-13-29-58.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-24-13-29-58.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>throw some leftover turkey out to the feral cat colony that inhabits my garage

I dunno I do it every thanksgiving and Christmas
>>
>>7058886
This is like a more retarded version of having a glass of wine for Elijah.
>>
>>7059638
Do you ever pet and snuggle the kitties?
>>
>>7059682
Yeah some like to bother me when I poop

Like this one
>>
>>7059606
Does yours not?
>>
>>7059733
wtf is up with that? My cat does the same exact thing.
Close the door and get down to business and within 30 seconds there's a little black and white paw reaching under the door. Let her in and she's all over me, wanting to be petted.
Fucking cats, man.
>>
>>7059753
They always want to lay in my damn lap as I shit
>>
>>7058886
We just throw all the leftovers in the garbage for St. Oscar to eat.
>>
>>7058952
Makes a nice change from carbonara shitposting though.

When my family wants to honour St Daniel, we throw an old man into a lion's den. If the lions don't eat him, we know there's another six weeks of winter on the way.
>>
>>7059131
>wreaks

How the hell do you spell 'reeks' wrong?
It's even phonetic!

God damn there are some thick fucks on this board.
>>
>>7059004
>Brayden's Post.
>>
>>7059917
2 seperate words m8

Wreak - To cause a large amount of damage.
Reek - To smell very strongly and unpleasantly.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, friendo
>>
>>7061038
No shit, Sherlock. It's correctly called a malapropism, but who around here would recognise that let alone have heard the word before.
>>
We make our own holiday somewhere in late winter, patsy (how they say it, I think it's supposed to be pasty) day. We make like 20 meat pies, feast and take some home with us. Ground beef, onion, and potato. (if it were up to me it would have peas and carrots, too, and garlic.) Put it in a pie and bake it. Served with pepper relish (or salsa or ketchup.) Fucking delicious. Sounds flyover but we're coastal. No clue where it came from. Everyone goes nuts for them.

>>7058905

Canned is shit. Homemade is superior and easy to make. (I only eat canned when fresh isn't available or if I'm lazy.)
>>
>>7058944
Don't fuck with us.
>>
Not really /ck/ related, but when my family sings a happy birthday we never sing it together. Everyone starts at different times and skips parts so you get this huge, constant noise with random "happy" and "to you" all over the place.
We always manage to finish at the same time though.

It's quite a sight when we do it at restaurants.
>>
>>7058886
Christmas and Easter breakfast is ALWAYS hamburger gravy over toast. Comes from my dad's side. Not a tradition I will be continuing.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.