[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like making jalapeno cheddar bread, but I've got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: img_6476-1-500x333.jpg (36KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
img_6476-1-500x333.jpg
36KB, 500x333px
I feel like making jalapeno cheddar bread, but I've got no yeast, and I'm also too lazy to go to the store and buy some. So the question is, what does yeast actually do for the bread, and do I really need it? I know there are recipes for yeastless bread out there, but none for yeastless jalapeno cheddar bread. So can I take a basic bread recipe and just not add yeast? Or is there something extra I need to do if I don't have the yeast? Or is good, yeastless, jalapeno cheddar bread just a pipe dream?
>>
>>7050845
It will be a dense brick of not even cooked "bread".

Use baking soda or powder for soda bread. It's still pretty dense, and not all that chewy. But it's good. You could make cake too.
>>
>>7050849
>You could make cake too.
Jalapeno cheddar cake? Interesting. Tell me more.
>>
>>7050845
If you don't have any yeast and don't want to get any, if you have some beer you can make beer bread instead.
>>
>>7050868
That's a great idea. Thanks. I didn't even know that was a thing.
>>
>>7050858

Banana bread is cake. All you want to do is find a cake recipe, emit the sugar, vanilla, whatever the fuck else you dont want in it, add probably add some salt.

Chuck some grated cheddar and sliced/diced jalapenos (however the fuck you want them) and bake the fucker.

You can make bread substitutes without yeast, but it really needs it (aswell as high gluten flour and kneading/fermentation) to get it to taste like bread.
>>
>>7050903
That makes sense. Thanks.
>>
>>7050915

I should also add it won't have the slightly chewy texture and structure of a typical bread. It will be airy and spongy (although the addition of cheese will make it abit denser) and not chewy (provided you haven't overworked/mixed the batter to much). Good luck
>>
>>7050845
make jalapeƱo cheddar cornbread
>>
>what is beer bread
>>
>>7050920
Sounds interesting. I'll see how it turns out tomorrow I guess.
>>
>>7050925

Found a quick little recipe for you.

Fucking link being pain in the ass, just google home cooking with sonya jalapeno bread

I take it you are American, I'm not sure if cup measurements are the same (being that recipe is from an Australian website). Im sure there are converters or something if that is the case.

Judging from the picture it could be a little undercooked, maybe to much cheese, or even too little raising agent (baking powder). Give it a go anyway though, there aren't really any other methods to doing it without a yeast dough.
>>
>>7050941
Looks great, thanks. I was just going to make bananna bread with cheese and jalapenos instead of banannas, but this'll probably be much better.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.