[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does it cost you to eat for a month? I spend about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: 6757860435_e0d0defc90_b[1].jpg (465KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
6757860435_e0d0defc90_b[1].jpg
465KB, 1024x768px
How much does it cost you to eat for a month?

I spend about $200 on groceries, or $50 a week.
>>
I spend around half that, but twice as much when you include alcohol.
>>
>>7050671
About $800 a month, converted to American currency, food is expensive in my country
>>
>>7050671
Usually around $300-400 per month.
>>
Like, $50 a month a maybe.
>>
>>7050707
what do you eat
>>
File: Untitled.png (9KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9KB, 819x460px
>>7050709
>>
>>7050714
you pay to eat dicks?
it's usually the other way around
>>
>>7050709
Cheapest bread, cheapest meat, some cans of bullshit, etc. Not anorexic or anything(/fit/ somehow) but I have a lot of trouble justify spending money on food for myself for some reason. I can't bring myself to buy anything I'll only have a one, single use for.

Also I work with + and my best friends are old ladies(they dont stop cooking), my gf and her family throws me elk/moose/deer/etc if I do the butchering and taxidermy preparation and I get a lot of whatever customers leave behind. Its a good thing I have these things otherwise I'd probably starve to death out of spite.
>>
>>7050717
In Soviet Russia, dicks pay to eat you?
>>
100/week, or 50 per person per week, as i make 2 meals in bulk every week. This week's meals are goose enchiladas and challah french toast. Next week is Shrimp Etouffee with rice and cornbread and probably some sort of curry.
>>
>>7050671
150-155€
35€ per week
>Eat like a king
Good food is really cheap in germoney
>>
300 quid(450$).

No, I don't even eat out.

Oh the wonders of clean bulking at 3500-4000 calories and 300g protein in a country of expensive food(UK).
>>
I take a lot of food home from work (grocery store). They let the employees have their pick of "sell by" food which is still good. I probably only spend 150 a month total between me and my s/o for food.
>>
>>7050671

around 450$ according to my bank accounts.

I could cut it to half if I figure out a way to get through my ten hour shifts and hour long commutes without snacking on vendables/fast fud.
>>
>>7050671
I probably spend $600-700 per month for home cooked meals but I also go shopping everyday and eat pretty well. That does include a bottle of wine daily. A typical dinner might be a ribeye steak or a dungeness crab or U/8 shrimp. I'm always trying new things, too, so I don't really use 'staple' foods very often. I need to start saving my money :(
>>
Anywhere from 0 to 100 depending on how much I want to eat out or splurge on a good-ass cooking night. (double or triple that if you include alcohol)

The perks of living with the 'rents.
>>
150 a month on groceries, maybe 30 a month on fast food, 30-70 a month eating out. I also get free food from my current job. So if I ate better, I'd be cheaper, but oh well.
>>
What do you thrifty fucks spend your money on when you live so cheap?
>>
>>7051059

Bags of rice.

Frozen produce is cheaper than fresh/refridgerated

Bags of oats

Supermarket brand over fancy brand

No/very few fast food, biscuits, sweets, chocolates, crisps, cakes etc.
>>
I spend a shitload of money. I think its 400-450 eurobucks per month.
Supermarkets are assholes, i feel like their smalles price unit is 2 bucks, no matter what it is.

I try to buy fairtrade and bio-stuff especially when it comes to meat because i need to calm my bitch ass conscience.
At the same time i want to get my protons and kcal because /fit.

One of my goals is to gett land and grow my stuff myself.

I dont get how people can live on 200 bucks.
>>
£100 a week.
>>
I spend around 80 bongbucks for two people a month

I thought food was cheap in yank land

If I get booze or if we eat out one week then it's about 100 a month / $150
>>
>>7050671
£200-300/month
>>
Around $75 a month. $100 if I'm being decadent.
>>
>>7051116
Damn, how could you eat frozen stuff?
I ate some frozen green beans once, I thought I was making out with my grandma.
Tasted awful, way more awful than the Tennessee Titans.
>>
>>7051239
Depends on the brands you buy m8y.
>>
>>7051242
A brand from the own supermarket.
It was at least expensive but horrible.
I'd rather spend 2-3 more euros and get some decent vegetables.
>>
>>7050671
I try to stay about $150-200
>>
About £200 per month.
>>
Weekly grocery bill for me and my wife is usually about $80 and this includes toiletries, etc. We usually go out to eat once or twice a week, so that's an extra $40, say. So, about $120 a month and $480 a month (for two people).

USD. We live in northern Louisiana.
>>
>>7050671
6 eggs bread
banana
pasta
protein shake
chicken veggies rice
banana
fish veggies bread
fruit
yogurt

that's a typical day
so about 14 dollars per day if i eat only food i make. Which comes out to something like $434 per month.
>>
>>7050671
200 euro not includung office lunch
>>
$100 for groceries
$1400 for liquor
>>
File: 3075592254_ef8b448de4.jpg (166KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
3075592254_ef8b448de4.jpg
166KB, 375x500px
>>7050671

I eat for free at work every day, so breakfast and lunch is covered. I either eat with students by Roth Hall or Apple Pie Bakery Cafe I have a $10 daily spending budget on my faculty card for that.

i won't lie and say that I don't spend an exorbitant amount of money on groceries. My "go-to" grocer is Adams Fairacre Farms, but I do patronize smaller establishments for bespoke breads and locally grown produce.

$500 or more on food for the month, I do entertain quite a bit, guests for dinner every weekend usually. Today I am splitting wood and drinking beer, that's about it. Nothing planned beyond that.

I spend more on wine per month than food probably. My dinner guests have thirsty mouths....

Thanks for providing a platform to blogpost my meme's fellas.

Pic related, what I am drinking today.
>>
About £200-250. I could spend less, but I really like food and I'm otherwise pretty frugal, so I'm happy spending more to try out new recipes and eat exactly what I want.
>>
>>7050671

Probably around $400 a month.
>>
>>7051265
get canned green beans
never frozen
everything else is fine frozen
>>
>>7050671
About $500CAD for me and my wife.

Fucking Costco is like $150 every time we go.
>>
>>7050722
WHAT YEAR IS IT
>>
About $400 a month on groceries, maybe $600 if I eat out a few times. Jew York is expensive.
>>
$120.

I make a huge amount of a thing then eat it over a week or so. I do eat out at least once a week too. Also includes snack stuff, like cheese, salami, kalamata olives, chips, and a soda.
>>
>>7051239

You're supposed to heat up the green beans
>>
About $50 a week mix of groceries and fastfood, so about $200ish per month.

I recently stopped drinking, so thats an easy $20 a week reduction, and I eat less garbage while drinking, and need less hangover remedies (food).
>>
Is it possible to feed 5 adults with 400 USD a month?
>>
Added up all of October, roughly 700-750...

Goddamn I eat out too much.
>>
I'm currently subsisting on around $20/week, cuz ... reasons.

It's not fun, but I know how to cook and there's a discount grocer a couple blocks away that is just unbelievably fucking awesome. Literally the best place fucking ever. I actually got an organic ribeye there for like 5 bucks once... God I fucking love that place.

I eat oatmeal or pancakes for breakfast, I get eggs, make bean and rice dishes, frozen vegetables, bags of potatoes sometimes, shit like that. Big bags of tiny local fuji apples for less than a buck a pound are my fruit. I'm sadly awaiting the day they stop selling them for the winter...
>>
I usually spend about 650$ a month, 300$ of that on groceries the rest on restaurants. I like to check out new restaurants and review them so I'll order multiple dishes at once. I also entertain a lot of guest so I'll keep my fridge full of drinks. Yesterday I did a quick grocery run for dinner and spent 60$ on some fully cooked brisket, hard lemonade, potatoes and chips.
>>
>>7051239
Some frozen veggies are decent if you just gently steam them. Depends on where you live, though. If you can't get cheap fresh produce (some big supermarket chains around here really overcharge for fresh produce) then a person on a budget is left with the choice of frozen or canned and I wouldn't fucking wish canned veggies on my worst enemy.
>>
>>7051767
Is there a reason why your guests don't bring over wine if they're costing you so much?
Or is that just not a significant sum for you to care much about?
>>
>>7053476

Goes both ways, when they entertain me I indulge myself.
>>
Me, wife, 2 daughters about $100 a week plus or minus $20 a week depending on the meats and price of vegetables that week. We mostly just eat dinner at home though. Kids eat breakfast and lunch at school each weekday and I don't ever eat breakfast and she doesn't either. Lunch I will take left overs or buy fast food once in a while which is part of the +- $20 a week. She gets free lunch at her work as a cook for the hospital.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.