[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: brussels_sprouts.jpg (41KB, 395x304px) Image search: [Google]
brussels_sprouts.jpg
41KB, 395x304px
Opinions?
>>
Drizzle with salt and olive oil
Roast
Delicious.
>>
>>7049435
Not a fan of boiled, but steamed they are the bomb desu senpai
When cold, cut in half and fry. Prepare for mouthgasm
>>
File: 20150802_072716.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150802_072716.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>7049435
fry em up with some bacon omg so good
>>
cut in half and sautée them shits
>>
Delicious.
When I make dried włoszczyzna, I swap them in for the more typical cabbage because I like how bright green they stay.
They're also good pickled, fermented, roasted, sautéed/stir-fried or quartered and dropped into stews as a soup veg.
>>
File: marcopierrewhite.jpg (50KB, 418x305px) Image search: [Google]
marcopierrewhite.jpg
50KB, 418x305px
I love mine slowly simmered with a Knorr chicken stock pot. You should try it.
>>
>>7049435
>shilling for the brussels sprouts lobby
>>
>>7049451
This. Clean, cut in half. Cut up and cook some bacon so it's nice and crispy, set it aside to drain. Saute some chopped onion in the bacon fat, add the brussels sprouts, saute until they're browned a bit, add some garlic and fresh thyme, then some chicken stock and cover it up to cook a bit until the sprouts are tender.

Add the bacon back in with some salt and pepper and then devour that shit.
>>
>>7049579
> bacon
MEME
E
M
E
>>
>>7049454
>dried włoszczyzna
Gesundheit
>>
>>7049609
Yes, everything that tastes good is a meme.
Everything that's even mildly popular or known by more than 5 people is a meme.

We know this already. It gets incredibly tiresome when you keep bringing it up over and over and over ad nauseam.
>>
File: Broccoli.jpg (2MB, 2904x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Broccoli.jpg
2MB, 2904x2100px
Inferior.
>>
I remember eating steamed brussels sprouts at school before. They didn't taste bad, but they didn't taste good either because they lack flavor on its own. I expected a pungent strong taste like cabbage or broccoli so it was a pleasant surprise.
>>
>slice in half
>deep fry in lard until crispy and brown on the outside
>take out
>salt and lemon juice
>serve

Impresses bitches, gets your dick sucked.
>>
Delicious. All you need to do is cut off the stem, remove loose leaves, slice pole-to-pole in half, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Place cut side down on baking sheet and roast until browned nicely.
Don't fuck it up by adding anything other than oil, salt and pepper.
Certainly don't fuck up by boiling or steaming. Roasting provides the flavor. Frying would be acceptable but oven is superior/easy.
I would eat these all the time if they weren't fucking $4+ per pound. Fucking boneless chicken is half that price. Why the fuck are vegetables so god damn expensive?
>>
>>7049663
I buy them by the stalk $7.99 per
Find a better market
>>
I grew up hating Brussels sprouts because I though they were vile, bitter, cabbagy things. Later when I started cooking on my own I realized my mom was just cooking the fuck out of them. Even to this day she boils them until they are soft and discolored.

I usually just cut them in half a steam for 5 min, no more or they get skunky. Then salt and lemon. Maybe butter if I feel like it. Roasting is good, but usually takes more time.
>>
>>7049435
as long as you don't cook them to death, they're pretty good!
>>
those are some nice cabbages op lookin good
>>
Just like asparagus, most people brussel sprouts because they've only ever eaten them shittily prepared.
Grilled, roasted, or steamed, and they're great. Boiled and/or left out over a steam table at a buffet, they're absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>7049438
das it mane
>>
>>7049438

Don't forget to rassle them up a little.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqBEFoY22hE
>>
What texture do optimally roasted brusselsprouts have? I've never eaten these outside of my attempts where they're still mostly raw and hard to chew.
>>
>>7051193
nice meme video
>>
>>7051193
>>7051208
ugh...how many of these shitty 'cooking shows' are there?
>>
File: soon.jpg (99KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
99KB, 620x372px
My favourite vegetable. You get the flavour of a whole cabbage in one bitesize morsel.
>>
I just went to the store to get groceries and I fucking forgot to bring sprouts FUCK
>>
>>7051198
Soft, but not soggy. A bit crispy on the edges.

Protip: cut them in half
Protip2: coat in oil
Protip3: hot oven (375-400) until they start to brown on the edges, about 30 minutes
>>
>>7049435
Hated it as a kid, now as a adult, I cannot wait until winter to buy them.
>>
The best vegetable your mom could never cook right.

My favorite way is to cut them in half, toss them in a mix of melted butter, garlic, and lemon juice, then roast em.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.