[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning to cook for the week so I went out and bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 20151106_211241.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151106_211241.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I'm planning to cook for the week so I went out and bought some sweet potato, carrots, brown rice, 3 chicken thighs, chicken stock, some fetta cheese, turkey mince, and a green capsicum. What say you, /ck/? I was thinking of making a mince and vege thing, I really just bought the carrots to practice my knife chopping skills.
>>
>>7048474
I don't think you know what half of those words you just used mean.
>>
Your meals for the week include all the same ingredients as my dogs holistic dog food pretty much. Good job.
>>
>>7048476
I'm aiming to lose weight anon, and I'm new to this, pls no bully.
>>
>>7048481
No if you want to lose weight this is probably good because I put my dog on that food because not only his grain allergy but it's high protein and healthy and he had gained some weight. No bully intended
>>
Except his food is like $60 every 3 weeks and humans can get it a lot cheaper just not mashed together and formed into pebbles
>>
One thing I couldn't think of a good thing to get is a sauce also, I do have some low grade tomato sauce though.
>>
This looks like 2 days of food to me, maybe more if you are only eating it for dinner.
>>
Anyone got any idea on what to make?
>>
>>7048487
Make your own and freeze it. Even a crappy home made is better than jarred most times
>>
Make better stock choices in the future, anon. Go for low salt - or, better yet, no salt added.

Do you want a recipe to make your own?
>>
>>7048493
I've never bought chicken stock before, I don't really know why I bought it. Yeah, sure. I just need a few tips on the best thing I can get out of these ingredients. I could just fry up the veges and mince and see what happens?
>>
>>7048491

A basic stir fry, maybe. Steam the sweet potato and carrots to be par cooked. Prepare the rice according to directions, supplement water for chicken stock.

Fry up the par-cooked potato and carrot with your pepper with salt and black pepper over very high heat in a cast iron pan. Once the veggies are soft, toss in your ground turkey with a tablespoon or two of soy sauce.

If your fry gets too dry, toss in some stock to loosen it up.

Serve over rice, with a very small crumble of feta.
>>
>>7048500
I just have a frying pan, it isn't a cheap non stick one either. No soy sauce.
>>
>>7048499

Stock is easy as fuck, anon.

You need a whole roasting chicken picked clean of almost all its meat, just leaving the bones behind. Break up the bones neatly and place at very high heat in your oven until they turn dark brown.

Roughly (in large chunks) chop onion, carrots and celery. You're gonna want, like, 3 large onions, 5 carrots and 6-7 stalks of celery. Just experiment with the amounts and figure out what gives you the best flavor. Keep some garlic, broken into cloves and peeled, on hand.

Fill a large stock pot with clean water. Keep water displacement from the extra weight in mind, and don't overfill the pot. If your tap water tastes like shit (never been to AUS, dunno how your water tastes), use filtered water. Set over high heat and let come to a rolling boil.

Place roasted bones with vegetables and garlic into the boiling water with two to three bay leaves. Let boil for a few hours. Five hours is a good starting point, but roasting the bones will lessen the time needed. Just taste regularly and once the stock has taken on the depth of flavor that you want, your done.

Don't cover the pot. You want water to boil off.

Strain and freeze. Take it out whenever you want stock and dose it up.
>>
>>7048501

A frying pan should be fine. You want the pan to be screaming hot.

Worcestershire sauce can serve for soy in a pinch. The flavors are different, but it gives the same meaty flavor. If you don't have that, use the chicken stock instead.
>>
File: 20151106_222318.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151106_222318.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>7048500
Rice is cooking in the rice cooker, how did I do?
>>
>>7048563

Looks edible, anon. Get more color on that turkey if you can.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.