[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

oatmeal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: oatmeal.jpg (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
oatmeal.jpg
1MB, 3000x2000px
what is the ideal ratio or milk to oats when making oatmeal? I can't seem to get it right.

Otherwise: oatmeal general
>>
I don't usually eat rolled oats so I can't comment on that. After I make some steel cut oats I'll had about the same amount of milk or buttermilk as the amount of dried oats I used. So if I used half a cup of steel cut oats I'll add half a cup when it's done. Then I'll add a tablespoon of brown sugar or a little bit of maple syrup
>>
>>7047724
I do it 1:1

But then again, I drink soy milk.
>>
>>7047745
>soy milk

Kek, enjoy your man boobs queer
>>
>>7047743
I think what I have are rolled oats, I'd rather try to finish what I have than buy steelcut (whats the difference flavor wise?)

>>7047745
I drink whole milk, that probably changes things
>>
>>7047753
you need to consume crazy amounts of soy for that
>>
I don't drink cow tit juice

1 part oats
2 parts water
Handful of almond/hazelnut/cinnamon/flax seed/banana or blueberries
>>
>>7047724

Enough to make a pleasant consistency to you. There is no right or wrong - some people like it a bit drier and lumpy, others more gruel-like, some a more creamy texture. Just pay attention and make sure you continuously stir it.
>>
>>7047724
>not using a mix of oats, rye, wheat and barley
>>
>>7047724
2.3:1
milk:oats by weight.
>>
>>7048434

whats the part that's one part to every 2 cups milk?
>>
>>7048414
A mix of oat and wheat groats is too good.
>>
butter or roasted sesame oil ?

honey or molasses?
>>
>>7048438
2,3 : 1
Buy some glasses or increase the text size senpai
>>
About half a cup of oats per person in the pot, cover them with milk, and add about a cup of water for quick, a cup and a half for traditional rolled, or two cups for steel cut. Simmer to reduce. Done when done.

Violin!
>>
File: 1437273299598.jpg (19KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1437273299598.jpg
19KB, 499x499px
The last two days did something odd: savory oatmeal.

>cook oatmeal
>put in bowl
>drizzle with soy sauce and sesame oil
>put fried egg with runny yolk on top
>black pepper
>grated a little ginger on top

Only food i had in the house and literally the only shit I had to eat for two days, however, shit was so delicious.
>>
1:1 or sometimes 4g oats to 1ml milk
>>
I think 1:1 is best but one part oats and two parts liquid works too.
>>
Put oats in pot. Turn on tap above pot. Swirl pot until oats start revolving with water. Turn off tap. Put on stove, ignite. Open fridge, grasp almond milk container with thumb and forefinger. Remove container from fridge and from cap. Pour some into pot, till it looks enough like milk to be appetizing. Restore cap and refrigerated status of almond milk. Stir oats not with hand.

I often cook oats when very groggy if you can't tell.
>>
>>7048443

Butter.

Honey (maple syrup is GOAT).
>>
>>7048438
I have no idea what you are asking
>>
>>7047724
Half pint of milk.
Half cup of oats.
Add one banana.

What matters is how long you cook them.
>>
Anybody else savory oatmeal here? I really dig oats with black beans, cheese and a few slices of avocado.
>>
>>7049372

Yeah dude. Savory oatmeal! Sausage and spinach with some parmasean on top.
>>
>>7049354
>Half pint of milk.
>Half pint

Nigga, a half pint is a cup. lol
>>
>>7048814
lmao
>>
>>7047724
Oatmeal? Are you crazy?
>>
>milk

I bet you put butter on your rice, faggot.
>>
>>7050843
>using archaic,imprecise measurements
There is literally no excuse for not using numerical measurements for weight and volume, in imperial at the very least.
>>
1/2 cup of oats.
2/3 cup of milk.
1 tbsp of Black-strap Molasses (healthiest sweetener you can use).
>>
>>7052914
>Black-strap Molasses (healthiest sweetener you can use).
Highin iron but also high in fructose. Try rice malt syrup.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.