[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'murica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

britbong here, going to New York city for the first time tomorrow, what do you guys recommend?
>>
>>7042033
>going to kek city

Aids
>>
>>7042033
Turning 360 degrees and walk away.
>>
>>7042033
The west is the best.
New York is for tryhard faggots and old money jews.
>>
Here's my recommendation: don't. Stay clear of the East Coast, the big cities in California (people who don't live in the AIDS infested cities are cool), and Seattle. Literal cancer
>>
>>7042033
>going to New York city
Boy do I feel sorry for you
Are you choosing to go there or forced to?
>>
inb4 JIDF
>>
>>7042033
Literally only place I would vacation America would probably be a beach city in Florida
Really though, I'd wait until winter and go to a ski resort
>>
>>7042033
Save your money and stay home or spend more time researching murica and find a city you'll enjoy being in.
>>
>New York
>don't go

>California
>don't go

>Seattle
>don't go

>Midwest
>don't go

>Europe
>don't go

>Japan
>don't go

My advice, OP, is to not ask 4chan, since they're all whiny little bitches here.
>>
was a surprise present from boyfriend, as I've been wanting to go since i was very young. Mainly going for the shopping experience, but thought i may as well see if there was anywhere nice for us to go eat
>>
>>7042077
New York city is just a giant mall the Jews will have no problem taking your money. Now go and buy some useless junk youll never use
>>
>>7042033
Budget? NYC tends to excel at cheap and expensive, without so much interesting shit in the middle, because most of the middle class was driven out, especially in Manhattan.
>>
reasonable well off, and i can't imagine I'll be coming back anytime soon, within the next few years with college and such, so going for bit of a blow out. Any restaurant chains or cute cafes would be nice to visit?
>>
>>7042077
>Mainly going for the shopping experience
>>
>>7042287
If you're going to be staying in Manhattan:
Momofuku Ko
Lombardi's
Au Za'atar
Ivan Ramen
Katz's
Papaya King (hot dog)
Nom Wah Tea Parlor
Keen's
Joe Junior (for a burger)
Mamoun's
Russ and Daughters (for a bagel with lox)
Sauce (because you need to hit at least one Italian-American red sauce joint)

That's not a complete list, nor even a top tier list, but it will give you a pretty classic taste of NYC.
>>
try The Breslin on W 29th for food you will surely never find at home
>>
>>7042322 >>7042395
thanks sweetpeas, this is exactly what i was looking for :)
>>
>>7042398
Don't go to fucking Katz's it's a total tourist rip-off. Jesus.

I'm gonna go to bed but I'll try to give you a proper list later of some cooler shit.

Katz's sells what basically amounts to a corned beef sandwich only it has nothing on it but meat and two slices of bread. The kicker? It's £13. Total tourist shit.
>>
File: katz.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
katz.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
pic related, a £13 waste of money
>>
>>7042461
>it has nothing on it but meat and two slices of bread.
your pic would appear contrary to your statement
>>
File: u cheeky little cunt.jpg (107KB, 675x833px) Image search: [Google]
u cheeky little cunt.jpg
107KB, 675x833px
>>7042470
>>
>>7042461
Dude unless you are a fat fuck, that's at least two meals. Ask for extra bread, make a smaller sandwich, and get the rest to go. Sure it's overpriced, but look at location and popularity. You're a moron for expecting anything different. It's a good sandwich regardless of price.

Also OP, you ask what to eat in a city with literally every type of food. You can try that tourist guide the anon posted earlier or you can specify what foods you want to try and get a better, more concise list.
>>
File: sal kris charlie.jpg (133KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
sal kris charlie.jpg
133KB, 1000x750px
>>7042477
Or I can go to Sal, Kris & Charlies and pay $8.25 for this.
>>
>>7042063
inb4 Stormfags

oh wait
>>
File: 1442498087779.png (1MB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1442498087779.png
1MB, 1000x667px
>>7042479
or just go to Subway and get you a footlong for even less.
>>
>>7042448
>Katz's sells what basically amounts to a corned beef sandwich
Idiot. You get the Pastrami at Katz's, or if you've had it often enough to become jaded you venture off toward the roast beef or the custom made all beef hot bog (by Marathon, the same company that makes dogs for Sabrett and Papaya King).

But the pastrami is king at Katz's. THAT is what you get.
>>
>>7042503
tourist scum
>>
>>7042479
OK but those are a bunch of deli meats and I see no pastrami. What you posted looks like what I ate in middle school and probably doesn't taste as good as a Katz's sandwich. Look I'm not saying it's the best, but you can't honestly say that your random meat sandwich is a better meal.
>>
>>7042507
He's not wrong, though. It may attracted tourists but their pastrami is legit.
>>
>>7042528
>ever paying $20 for a sandwich

Pastrami ain't that fuckin good. Whatever you people wanna bullshit, keep bullshitting.
>>
>>7042550
>not sharing with someone

Nigga if you eat that whole thing in one sitting, you a fat fuck. Order a knish or a hot dog to go along with it. Maybe some macaroni salad. It's overpriced but you can work it out so it's not that expensive.
>>
>>7042448
thank you anon, appreciate it <3
>>
>>7042507
Living here 25 years makes me a tourist? You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>7042528
This. Katz's is popular with tourists, but locals still go there every now and then because the pastrami is god tier.
>>7042550
>Pastrami ain't that fuckin good.
One could make a similar case for Texas brisket, but both attract their fair share of fans. And good beef is never cheap. If you want cheap beef go eat at McD's.
>>
>>7042077
You sound like typical EUdiot, you'll probably fit right in.

When you go home please don't wine about shit. EU fags come here, they only want to see NYC, then somehow assume it is typical US. Especially if you're not only just going to one city, but you're doing it to get gouged on retail swag and mediocre food.
>>
>>7042033
Fellow brit here. Recently got back from 3 months in NYC. Highly recommend jacobs soul food in Harlem. Curry goat there is amazing but they don't always have it on.
>>
>>7042077
If you're into streetwear check out Kith. Fucking amazing shop just walking around it is an experience. Lots of nice kicks and there's an adjoining shop (forget name) which is also cool. Fuck it even if you're not into streetwear check out Kith. It's more like a museum than a shop.
>>
>>7042033
Eat authentic New York Pizza
Eat Hotdog at Grey's Papaya
>>
>>7042071
>>7042033
Cali fag here. You might like New York. I dunno about NYC though.

You also would probably NOT like Cali. It sucks here, but I wont stop you.
>>
>>7042033
go to a firing range and shoot a gun while you're in freedom land
>>
>>7043547
You're a moron nigger suckup, nobody except for tourists goes to shitholes in harlem. Apparently there's a chain opening in the UK called "Authentic NY Pizza" or some shit like that, I bet that you'd like that.
>>
>>7042598
>One could make a similar case for Texas brisket
keep muh name out ya mouf nigga
>>
>>7042052
So he should visit flyover land?
>>
The Katz's beef tounge is good too, they'll slice it nice and thin, it's real good on rye.
>>
One half pastrami or corned beef, the other half beef tounge is pretty good on rye from Katz's. Normal sized sandwiches though, not some fucking 4 inch wide shit that a pain in the ass to eat, that crap is for the tourists who want to ogle and be stupid.
>>
The morons who stand in line for 4-8 inch sandwiches are the same idiot tourists or tribeca types that stand in line for cupcakes and think the new york times is a serious newspaper.
>>
>>7043708
Except that's just wrong. There are plenty of great restaurants in Harlem. In fact, many tourists still hold onto the belief that Harlem is full of blacks with guns so they stay away. Little do they know gentrification has been blooming recently and Harlem is getting super white washed.
>>
>>7043590
>Grey's Papaya
>not Papaya King
What are you thinking?
>>
>>7045694
NYT is the best newspaper in the country
>>
>>7042479
>Get a sandwich with half the meat
>Brag that it costs half as much

Really?
>>
Jesus christ, /ck/. I don't know what's up your ass today, the guy just wants some recommendations, not your salty reviews of the entire city.

BBQ - Hill Country BBQ. 26th street between 6th and 5th. Probably the best BBQ I've had in the city.

Korean - Kunjip. 32nd street. It's also right around the corner from the empire state building.

Mexican - Gonzalez y Gonzalez. It's right off Houston Street. Kinda small, there's often a wait, but there's also a Dos Caminos right down the street from there. Dos Caminos is a little pricy, though. Otto's Tacos is also nearby. Good for lunch.

Eastern European - Doma na Rohu. I can't speak to it's authenticity, but I love everything I've had there. It's in the West Village

Italian - Emporio. Best Italian I've had in the city. Somewhere in the East village
>>
>>7042322
Katz's is such a fucking tourist trap don't go. Also the only papaya king worth going to is the original.

If you want some expensive texmex caliente cab company is cool.

If you want to go to Brooklyn I would recommend L&b spumoni gardens and rolo roasters
>>
>>7045860
>caliente cab company is cool.
>recommends a terrible margarita mill in a town that finally got some good Mexican over the last decade
At least you got L&B Spumoni right. You're still a jerk. Link related.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LmPBPWHJu4
>>
>>7045860

>implying Gray's Papaya isn't superior
>>
>>7045894
>implying I'm a tourist.

Did you mean that for OP?

BTW OP if you want Italian food in the Bronx Arthur's is amazing. Also Rocco's in Brooklyn is pretty good too, but I'm kinda bias since the owner is a family friend.

Also Peter Luger's is good for steak, but it's simultaneously an expensive tourist trap so really try not to go there.
>>
>>7042033
>britbong here, going to New York city for the first time tomorrow, what do you guys recommend?

Avoid negroes. Visit Chinatown.
>>
>>7042033
GET SOME DAMNED PIZZA. AND A HOT DOG. THEY HAVE REALLY GOOD HOT DOGS.

I also recommend Bojangles sweet tea, but I don't think they have them in NYC. Head south for that.
>>
>>7042052
Piss off. anything south of DC is okay. Appalachian mountains are a must visit this time of year.
>>
File: punjabi.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
punjabi.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
For shits and giggles here are some amazing NYC cheap eats:
Vanessa's Dumplings
Banh mi Saigon
Shake Shack
Fuku
Xi'an Famous Foods
Punjabi Deli
Mamoun's
>>
>>7042033
>britbong here, going to New York city for the first time tomorrow, what do you guys recommend?

You'll have no problem adjusting as NYC has the same urine smell as most cities. Since you're a britfag and used to speaking to Paki's, Indian's, and other non-whites, you should feel right at home. Likewise, since you're a britfag, you'll be able to fit in with the other pretentious white liberals you encounter, and there's plenty of blacks to enrich you, should you feel the need.
>>
>>7046368
>poorfag backwater sour grapes
>>
File: n.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>7043554
>streetwear check out Kith. Fucking amazing shop just walking around it is an experience. Lots of nice kicks

>streetwear
>kicks

You sound like a try hard nigger wannabe faggot.
>>
>>7046368
/pol/ plz leave
>>
>>7044795
>So he should visit flyover land?

Oh, FUCK no!

We built the faggot containment cities on the shores to keep you fuckers out of our lands.
>>
>>7045745
>NYT is the best newspaper in the country

For cleaning up dogshit?

Sure.

For reporting factual and unbiased information? Fuck no.
>>
File: greenbeancasserole.jpg (55KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
greenbeancasserole.jpg
55KB, 800x450px
>>7046416
>We built the faggot containment cities on the shores to keep you fuckers out of our lands.
While we laugh at the garbage you shovel into your fat faces.
>>
>>7046395
>faggoty urbanite
>>
>>7042065
>Ski resort
>Burgerstan
>Not Canada

Why even bother
>>
>>7046422
>While we laugh at the garbage you shovel into your fat faces.

As long as you stay in your containment zone, I gives a fuck what you do.
>>
>>7042461
Looks like a delicious £13, man
>>
>>7045745
>newspapers
>good at telling unbiased news

Hahahaha no. That's coming from a NYCfag here
>>
>>7046430
>what are the rocky mountain states
Canada we get it you have good ski spots but so do we.
>>
>>7046207
You have terrible taste. Only the last two are good.
>>
>>7046434
You assume it's not us, who has contained you. Enjoy your no wealth and corn.
>>
If you can make it to Chinatown, try Nom Wah tea parlor. Really awesome food there. Been twice (I'm not a local) and nothing but great food and service on both occasions.
>>
>>7045702
No, it's not that you'll get mugged or anything it that it's gentrified and you'll end up standing in line and wasting your time like a moron tourist.
>>
>>7045745
It's best, allright
For the bottom of a birdcage!
>>
File: Malaysia_Beef_Jerky-NYC-omi.jpg (909KB, 1950x600px) Image search: [Google]
Malaysia_Beef_Jerky-NYC-omi.jpg
909KB, 1950x600px
Hey Bonistani, if you get down to chinkytown get some beef jerky on Elizabeth street, it's just north from Canal.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.