[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you, /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2366x2979px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2366x2979px
Would you, /ck/?
>>
>>7041705
>hot dogs for 60 cents in jew jork
>aol hotmail
i see...
>>
>>7041705

I would, epic tipping hotdog to boot.
>>
>>7041705
Old school Northeast super cheap lunch counter place? With hyper regional shit like hot dogs in zippy sauce?

I would. Not because I'd expect the food to be that good. But for the price of a fast food meal I could take a trip back in time to what people ate for lunch before chains were the standard.

I wouldn't go in with high expectations, though. Having eaten in a number of similar places in upstate NY I'd expect the place to be dingy and the quality of the food to be half a step up from fast food chains at best. But the best of these places have enough character to make them worth a visit.

And I have a fried who has a house in Troy, so there's a chance I could be up there in the next year or two. So I'd consider hitting this joint up for a sausage, egg and cheese on a roll or a couple hot dogs before I hit the road home.
>>
>>7041705
>no chicken salad
>>
>>7041705
In this article about Buffalo and Rochester cheap eats

http://ny.eater.com/2015/7/21/9001087/best-food-buffalo-rochester-garbage-plate-red-hots-wings

Robert Sietsema describes the origin of these kind of restaurants like this:

"

Chugging northward and then westward from New York City on Amtrak’s Empire Service is to travel backward in time. The decades fall away as cities arrayed along the Erie Canal slip by — Albany, Schenectady, Amsterdam, Utica, Rome, Syracuse, and Rochester — as you find yourself, forehead pressed against the glass, transfixed by the crumbling vestiges of a civilization that originated in the Industrial Revolution and persisted well into the 1970s.

"You’ll be transported to a time when trackside factories dominated cities populated by a working class who fully enjoyed the fruits of their labors; for whom a lifetime job was guaranteed, two cars nearly a sure thing, and colorful casual restaurants an important part of living the good life."

Many of these places still exist upstate, but they are relics of a time past. About Buffalo he offers, "In fact, like many working class cities, Buffalo runs on doughnuts and hot dogs." Albany/Troy wasn't that different back in the day, just slightly classier, because the state capital was there.
>>
>>7041705
This shit is cheaper than almost every place I eat actually. The only exception is the dollar menu items which they're now jewing $1.19 out of me for
>>
>>7041705
That looks like a very very old menu.
>>
>>7041705
I'd need a time machine, but sure.
>>
File: 2015-11-04_11-05-06.png (420KB, 692x899px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-04_11-05-06.png
420KB, 692x899px
>zippy sauce
>>
I was in troy a couple years ago, too many blacks not enough antique stores
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.