[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /ck/, new househusband here. Is this show legit? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Hello, /ck/, new househusband here. Is this show legit? I've seen it a few times and the dishes seem simple and tasty, hard to fuck up. Is it worth trying a few recipes?

Also what the fuck do I do with butternut squash aside from soup?
>>
>>7041306
>househusband

what does this mean? Are you a judd apatow character stay at home dad? the right solution is get a fucking job
>>
>>7041306
The show is complete shit.

For a start, the whole '15 minute' concept just isnt true. Everything is prepped before hand, which presumably takes times, and no cleaning time is included in that 15 minutes.

The recipes are fairly expensive. Sure he cuts costs by reducing the amount of meat, but there are lots of things that he does because its more healthy, which are also more expensive. For example, he doesnt use mayonnaise, but uses yoghurt instead. A jar of mayo costs the same as a pot of yoghurt, but lasts a lot longer. I also think the serving size looks quite small for a lot of it.

Also, everything is drowned in olive oil. Disgusting.
>>
>househusband
is that what they're calling ϲυϲks now?
>>
>is that what they're calling ϲυϲks now?

I always thought it would be pretty cool to be a househusband. Spend all day making delicious food, get a good garden going and produce jams and chutneys as well as growing all your own vegetables, have a few little side projects going like brewing beer, set up a little home gym and train like a beast. So much time to do it all.
>>
>>7041335
You realise how stupid you are?
>>
>>7041306
>Also what the fuck do I do with butternut squash aside from soup?

You can roast it, dice and use in salads. You can make a puree/mash. You can put it in risotto.
>>
>>7041338
yeah man, i'm hoping i can retire early and do this
>>
>>7041316
>>7041335
>>7041338

I got fired so until I get a new job I'm doing everything around the house. I actually fucking love it so far. Small apartment, no kids, cooking and cleaning takes me a little time. I basically get to play vidya all the time. Ez life, stay mad.

>>7041334
As soon as I watched one episode, I realized it would take much more than 15 mins for an average cook(me) to prepare that. Could you recommend me another cooking show then?
>>
>>7041365
But who's going to work then?
>>
>>7041335
underrated post
>>
>>7041371
oh yeah, I'd better find a wife
>>
>>7041370
>As soon as I watched one episode, I realized it would take much more than 15 mins for an average cook(me) to prepare that. Could you recommend me another cooking show then?

Work on your prep skills and clean while you're cooking

https://www.youtube.com/user/foodwishes has easy recipes and explains them well
>>
>>7041370
i hope all go well for you OP

Actually if you still like Jamie Oliver you can find better techniques on his youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JamieOliver/videos
>>
It's pretty good.
Yeah, a guy with slow knife skills probably couldn't do many of these in the specified 15 minutes, but they're still pretty quick and the recipe end results are generally good.

However, I don't like that he serves almost everything from a communal platter. That's a big shortcut even though fucking nobody eats like that.

Still, I wouldn't regret time spent watching it.
>>
>>7041334
I've never had the impression that anything took excessive amounts of prep. Sure he doesn't show all of the chopping but then each dish episode is only half the actual 15 minute cook time.

Silly to expect the cleaning to be included.
>>
>>7041306
Hello fellow homemaker!
>>
I like Jamie Oliver. I like him more than any other celebrity chef because he creates recipes without pretension and with the strict intention of being tasty and accessible.
>>
>>7041306
Just watch this, OP. Pepin made a show specifically on this topic. Well, not sure about the 15 minutes but it's for new cooks.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL435B8F0CB00AF764
>>
I've tried two of Jamie's recipes and they've been terrible

go for Gordon Ramsay's cooking series instead.

or just use google to find recipes.
>>
>>7041928
>using any recipe from any britbong
life is too short for bad food, m8
>>
>>7041899
Yeah I was skeptical, but I seem to like at least one dish per episode of these. The trick for me is to try and cut down on the amount of dishes and utensils used. He doesn't have to wash his stuff so he makes a big mess for a more quick paced program.
>>
>>7041874
This.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.